Nintendo Direct tomorrow with Three Houses info!

Corrobin

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Tryhard said:

You say that but I've seen a lot of people saying they do not like the art style, including myself. Especially after Hidari for characters.

Hidari is way too overrated. 3H’s art style is okay. It takes some time getting used to just like everything. 

As for the names, Bernadetta is an Italian variation of the French Bernadette. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

Guest RuPaul's Slag Race
5 hours ago, EdeaCreamer said:

>First thing I see is that #%&^ loli manakete taking the role of Navi from Ocarina of Time
Hoo boy, not a good start...

>Narrator sounds bored as hell describing the regions
Still calling them Red Place, Blue Place and Yellow Place.

>Just spells out the prologue for you
Jeez, cribbed right off of the Tellius games. A member of your father's mercenary band, seriously?

>Harry Potter, Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Academy and Final Fantasy 8's depraved bastard child
Man...teacher/student relationships are a bad idea, so either that's not in there (which is going to royally piss off the waifu community...actually I like that part, hope it goes this way), or things are going to get really creepy. Also wondering if they'll set chapter requirements on the supports so that they can actually be relevant (or is it going to seriously consist of your units telling each other how great the food is at the cafeteria...).

>Actual teasers start less than 20 seconds before the video ends
OK, so...are the three sides at war or not? There's just no tension here---whoa whoa WHOA, who's the Validar knock-off? The Plague Doctor chucking fireballs? The guy with the laser sword and the nasty shit leaking out of what is probably the game's Fire Emblem, or Billy pulling the Robin routine twice in a row---...never mind, it's over. So we spent about five minutes going over the stupid, yawn-inducing school premise, and then all of a sudden just dump all the interesting stuff right at the end? Why do they even have Billy leaving his dad's mercenary band? Just go full PoR with this shit. (Also get rid of the manakete, but that's a given).

If you're still expecting any sort of quality that doesn't get in the way of the otaku pandering then this series isn't for you anymore. IntSys saw the money and chased it after it.

Some more thoughts: I actually really like the school setting, at least in principle. Being a teacher and raising/training a group of students could be a lot of fun, and it's different from past games. I kinda wish they made the protag a bit older, though. Like I wouldn't at all be opposed to the avatar being the age of the avatar's father in this game instead. Let the player be the grizzled old dude/dudette for once! Alas, I suspect I may be alone in this.

I don't mind that it's a repeat of "member of father's mercenary group" for the initial setup. It at least seems like it's gonna go in a different direction than Path of Radiance, and mercenary is a good way of having your character have combat experience, yet not be a part of the three main kingdoms or one of the Church of Seiros's knights. So it works. I hope your dad becomes one of the rare Fire Emblem parents NOT to die though. He at least appears to live till you reach the monastery, but after that is anyone's bet. Someone suggested in this thread having him join the party later on as like an Athos style character, and I think that would be cool.

The art style: some people hate it, I think it's fine. I actually like a fair amount of the designs, though I agree the female MC's leggings or whatever are weird. Almost looks like a rendering error lol. Maybe her design will get updated a bit before release.

Regarding enemies again, I notice the helmet on the Knight of Seiros holding the flag around the 2 minute mark in the direct is the same or basically the same helmet design as a lot of the generic squad leaders in the E3 trailer, though in that trailer they were called "Kingdom Soldier". Could be complete coincidence though.

Edited by Mad_Scientist
soooo many typos/grammar errors, htf did I manage that.

I know this is random but I just realized why the FemMC's model has been bothering me so much. Her head is way too small for the size of her upper torso. Some of the other models seem to have the same problem where their heads are too small for their shoulder length, but it more apparent with her.

Random thought I just needed to get off my chest. Feel free to keep scrolling.

5 hours ago, Hunter Nightblood said:

image.png.ca07e61a2738e0dca50d72170e030a43.png

Uhhh... Welp. Hope people like Teacher/Student romance.

...What? Yeah, ew. Not interested in that. This kind of lowers my interest in the game now.

I also agree with those that say female Byleth's design is bad. Her boobs are too big, she has a weird forced belly button window, and...whatever the hell she's got on her legs is ugly.

Edited by Anacybele

I have a theory and hope as to how choosing houses will work. SoV’s was able to have so much better character interaction due to a smaller cast. What If the characters of the house you choose get cutscene priority?

1 hour ago, Calico said:

Here's hoping we're both wrong, and customization is in.

On another note why are people taking the hearts in Dorothea's scene that there will be student/teacher romance? Like, I'm sure romance is still in in some way, but don't hearts just generally signal supports? Or it could be tied to an entirely different mechanic, like gambits. Am I missing something here?

Agreed.

And yeah I don't know.
The Heart Symbol always appeared on characters in Fates, even if you couldn't romance them right?
It is probably the same here.

7 minutes ago, Corrin said:

Agreed.

And yeah I don't know.
The Heart Symbol always appeared on characters in Fates, even if you couldn't romance them right?
It is probably the same here.

Still means building support points so yes its likely mean S Supports are intact don't see why it shouldn't like seriously they know where the money is what's hard to understand? and its a very popular feature and just the romance stuff is gonna be there.

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

Here's hoping the three kingdoms have an actual, realistic reason for whatever conflict arises instead of just "evil wizard manipulates people from behind the scenes" or "demonic possession ver. 3" or "went mad because degeneration". I don't want to be negative like some because I'm actually really excited for this game but I'm SOOO tired of the reasons behind these big conflicts being one dimensional villains and magical cop-outs. I've only played the 3DS entries and some have been telling me FE stories used to be somewhat better so I'm hoping IntSys got someone competent for the job that wont just take the easy way out.

1 minute ago, Regal Edelgard Axe Master said:

Still means building support points so yes its obviously likely mean S Support are intact don't see why it shouldn't.

Well, they might exist for some characters, but I would be somewhat surprised if they let us romance students.

I personally don't mind it (shipping M!Byleth and Sylvain already) but where I live that is very much illegal.

With that said, Persona 5 (and 3 I think) let you romance your teacher, and very, very few cared.

In fact, many thought she was best waifu, so anything can happen.

Although this could be because the teacher is a female.  If the genders switch it might cause more controversy.

-----------

I personally think S-Supports will still be a thing, but we don't know for sure.

And we also don't know that we can S-Support Students, so people should keep this in mind.

:3

Guest This Guy
10 minutes ago, Guest Kyle said:

Here's hoping the three kingdoms have an actual, realistic reason for whatever conflict arises instead of just "evil wizard manipulates people from behind the scenes" or "demonic possession ver. 3" or "went mad because degeneration". I don't want to be negative like some because I'm actually really excited for this game but I'm SOOO tired of the reasons behind these big conflicts being one dimensional villains and magical cop-outs. I've only played the 3DS entries and some have been telling me FE stories used to be somewhat better so I'm hoping IntSys got someone competent for the job that wont just take the easy way out.

And the Map get's redrawn as a result of the conflict.

One of the best parts of Suikoden is that it tends to buck the trend of 'Borders remain unchanged.', at the end of 2, 3, and 4 the borders got redrawn.

Hearts are what appear when you accrue support points in 3DS Fire Emblem games. Doesn't matter if it's a romantic support or not. A teacher building relationships with their students is true to the profession, but given this series history, it does leave me anxious that they might go that route. Students getting with other students  is fine with me, however. Bonus points if there's no outrealm orphans this time. 

7 minutes ago, Corrin said:

With that said, Persona 5 (and 3 I think) let you romance your teacher

Ha, no in 3 it was a joke. You built a relationship through an anonymous format before the shocking reveal that it was your homeroom teacher at the end. And there's a secret scene where you can confront her during the epilogue. Suffice to say she does not romance the player.

2 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Hearts are what appear when you accrue support points in 3DS Fire Emblem games. Doesn't matter if it's a romantic support or not. A teacher building relationships with their students is true to the profession, but given this series history, it does leave me anxious that they might go that route. Students getting with other students  is fine with me, however. Bonus points if there's no outrealm orphans this time. 

Ha, no in 3 it was a joke. You built a relationship through an anonymous format before the shocking reveal that it was your homeroom teacher at the end. And there's a secret scene where you can confront her during the epilogue. Suffice to say she does not romance the player.

Ah okay, thanks for letting me know.

Really gotta play P3P sometime.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

...What? Yeah, ew. Not interested in that. This kind of lowers my interest in the game now.

I also agree with those that say female Byleth's design is bad. Her boobs are too big, she has a weird forced belly button window, and...whatever the hell she's got on her legs is ugly.

I don’t think there will be romance or marriage just hearts to reference supporting. 

Does byleth ever talk? He may be a mute (to the players because we tal through him which, I really hate) 

also so it looks like we only have a little bit of team members/units instead of a whole bunch like usual which is so sad. 

Also, maybe only 1 tier now for classes. I don’t think you promote I think you have to try several classes to hoisted your stats instead of going Cavelier, Great Knight 

you go Noble, Cavalier, sage, Myrmidon, 

6 minutes ago, Silent shifter said:

So we are getting to choose one path at a time? 

Also one game contains all paths right?

Probably getting Awakening while waiting.

I think the game has all paths but it’s 3 paths so, not one story 

1 hour ago, Corrin said:

Well, they might exist for some characters, but I would be somewhat surprised if they let us romance students.

I personally don't mind it (shipping M!Byleth and Sylvain already) but where I live that is very much illegal.

With that said, Persona 5 (and 3 I think) let you romance your teacher, and very, very few cared.

Although this could be because the teacher is a female.  If the genders switch it might cause more controversy.

This is the same series that encourages you to marry your pseudo-siblings. The only taboo too heinous (apparently) is immediate blood relatives, and I think that's a matter of Japanese law preventing them from depicting that degree of incest. 

We're absolutely going to get to romance the students in this game.

Concerning Persona, my understanding of the way it's handled is that it's the student coming onto the teacher and the older partner is a woman, which (double standard it may be) probably makes it more okay with people. In this game, you're the teacher so it's probably an abuse of power to romance students.

Edited by NekoKnight

1 hour ago, Corrin said:

-----------

I personally think S-Supports will still be a thing, but we don't know for sure.

And we also don't know that we can S-Support Students, so people should keep this in mind.

Byleth is no less older than them if this was the case they wouldn't add the Avatar feature again for nothing. This is a Military academy not a "high school" I seen getting spew around they're NOT kids....Plus this thing happen before in the series with some pairs. If you can go with your "siblings" this is literally nothing. 

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

9 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

This is the same series that encourages you to marry your pseudo-siblings. The only taboo too heinous (apparently) is immediate blood relatives, and I think that's a matter of Japanese law preventing them from depicting that degree of incest. 

We're absolutely going to get to romance the students in this game.

exactly don't get what's hard to grasp off this they know what the majority of their fans want why would they toss them aside?!

Here's the thing, it's true that Byleth isn't much older than them and this is a military academy. students all look to potentially be young adults, they might all be over 18 or even in their early 20s.

That STILL doesn't change the fact that Byleth is in a position of power and authority over them and that makes the relationship imbalanced. It's emphasized by the fact that they all apparently call you teacher or professor, and the whole focus of the trailer with you training them and basically raises a squad, it almost makes Byleth come off like a parent figure despite not being all that old.

So yeah, while I fully expect the game WILL have romancing students, I wish it wouldn't. Can't they just give us a bunch of hot teachers to romance? T_T

4 minutes ago, Mad_Scientist said:

Here's the thing, it's true that Byleth isn't much older than them and this is a military academy. students all look to potentially be young adults, they might all be over 18 or even in their early 20s.

That STILL doesn't change the fact that Byleth is in a position of power and authority over them and that makes the relationship imbalanced. It's emphasized by the fact that they all apparently call you teacher or professor, and the whole focus of the trailer with you training them and basically raises a squad, it almost makes Byleth come off like a parent figure despite not being all that old.

So yeah, while I fully expect the game WILL have romancing students, I wish it wouldn't. Can't they just give us a bunch of hot teachers to romance? T_T

Being in position doesn't make it imbalance at all if written write ToCS did it well. Also there was a hawt lady teacher definitely an option 100%. I feel sorry for the female side that will get the older man again rip.

If there really is marriage then I'd be mildly okay with it if they put aside their relationship until after graduation or it'll developed in the ending reel for characters (receiving A support and becoming good friends in the game and in the ending a few years after graduation got married). I understand the Persona comparison, but in Persona's case you're a student and not in a position (mostly) that'll draw much scrutiny for whom you have a relationship with. In TH's case you're a teacher with a possible buffet of students to choose from.

Funnily enough I thought this would be a issue ever since Autumn.

Anyways I doubt marriage is the immediate form of Fateswakening as they're students (they're too young for this crap, at least in "high school"). I have feeling it'll be the classic build up supports and see what you get in the ending

Edited by redlight

I'm now a bit more interested in this game, but only a bit. I hope that whichever of the three houses the avatar sides with will create conflict and change the course of the story. It would be nice to have some actual role playing elements in a JRPG and to have the ideas of Fates be properly implemented into a game. 

Edited by Wraith