Who is the worst unit, gameplay wise?

Who is the worst unit, gameplay wise?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the worst unit? (I'm going to make a fight video with said characters)

• Micaiah
    • Edward
    • Leonardo
    • Nolan
    • Laura
    • Sothe
    • Ilyana
    • Aran
    • Meg
    • Volug
    • Zihark
    • Tauroneo
    • Jill
    • Fiona
    • Tormod
    • Muarim
    • Vika
    • Nailah
    • Rafiel
    • Elincia
    • Marcia
    • Leanne
    • Nealuchi
    • Haar
    • Nephenee
    • Brom
    • Heather
    • Lucia
    • Mordecai
    • Lethe
    • Geoffrey
    • Kieran
    • Makalov
    • Astrid
    • Devdan
    • Calill
    • Ike
    • Titania
    • Oscar
    • Boyd
    • Rolf
    • Shinon
    • Soren
    • Mist
    • Gatrie
    • Rhys
    • Mia
    • Ranulf
    • Kyza
    • Lyre
    • Reyson
    • Janaff
    • Ulki
    • Sigrun
    • Tanith
    • Naesala
    • Skrimir
    • Sanaki
    • Tibarn
    • Pelleas
    • Stefan
    • Oliver
    • Bastian
    • Volke
    • Renning
    • Caineghis
    • Giffca
    • Ena
    • Kurthnaga
    • Nasir
    • Gareth
    • Lehran

I can hack Radiant Dawn, so I can have anyone fight each other. So, I'd like to know what units are considered bad, through gameplay standards only.

I'm not posting this to make a flame war, please take this as just a fun poll. The only purpose of this poll is to pit characters against each other. For example, Bastian vs Oliver, or Fiona vs Meg type of thing. I wanna see what the Serenes Forest group wanna see in a video, where the "bad" units fight each other.

Everyone will have boosted stats, far beyond what they're normally capable of. This is all in good fun, this is not meant to anger, upset, or offend anyone.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was flipping between Fiona and Vika, but I think I'm gonna have to give this to Fiona.  At least Vika flies, it's not much considering her awful availability and low-ish stats, but it's something.  

Meanwhile, Fiona might just be the only unit in the entire franchise whose possession of a horse is more a detriment than a blessing.  The vast majority of the maps for which she is available are full of ledges/have bog/etc. slowing her down and are also often indoors where her otherwise present movement advantage is negated.  She joins underlevelled, and is also locked out of the chapter where you rescue citizens from bog, causing her to get even more underlevelled.  I struggle to think of anything good to say about Fiona, at all.  

Lyre. Her offense is an embarrassment (as in she starts out with the same attack as the healer), she's a non-royal laguz in a game where it's a Herculean labor to raise non-royal laguz, and worse yet, she's a cat, arguably the worst class in the game.

1 hour ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Meanwhile, Fiona might just be the only unit in the entire franchise whose possession of a horse is more a detriment than a blessing.  The vast majority of the maps for which she is available are full of ledges/have bog/etc. slowing her down and are also often indoors where her otherwise present movement advantage is negated.  She joins underlevelled, and is also locked out of the chapter where you rescue citizens from bog, causing her to get even more underlevelled.  I struggle to think of anything good to say about Fiona, at all. 

Vika vs. Fiona is that a trained Fiona is easier to get and would have a longer impact due to more availability. Sans babying however, Vika's minor contributions in Part 1 are more than Fiona would ever achieve, outside of Deltre's RD run.

Lyre. The worst Laguz in a game that crippled Laguz. She barely does damage when she joins, can't take a hit, she joins on a height-heavy map and there's 0 incentive to try to use her.

Meg. She definitely has some competition with the many lackluster laguz units, fiona, and leonardo, but the laguz are decent for at least a couple chapters and have decent con on them. Leonardo has his personal weapon and the op 3 range and silencer with marksman, and fiona always has rescue-drop and canto utility. Maybe it's just because I don't like using armor knights, but I find her to have the least utility on my teams. 

I've managed to get meg to be pretty good in a few playthroughs

lyre is nearly impossible to use, I have taken her into the tower, but her low strength makes her hard to make viable in general, I've heard that her luck and speed growths can help her be a prime candidate for bonus exp abuse, but it is hard to recommend her generally.

fiona is useless

vika can rescue and is a flier at least.

3 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Gareth. Good HP and Strength mean nothing when faced by a horde of magic users who can double him to death.

Gareth can still support the team with Blood Tide boosts, which are not to be underestimated against Ashera's bulky auras.

5 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Gareth. Good HP and Strength mean nothing when faced by a horde of magic users who can double him to death.

Since it's gonna be a fight video I want to see him kill stuff. But like Blood Tide is pretty good and if you ocmbine it wit Ena's you can have an easier time against the spirits, basically granting you +10 damage and +20 hit.

EDIT: I think Fiona is terrible but I have also heard many bad things about Lyre. I haven't actually played FE10 yet but I think Fiona.

Edited by Critical Sniper

First of all, whoever said Brom, Skrimir, Sothe, and Marcia is objectively wrong. And I'm not kidding about that.

It's gotta come down to Meg, Fiona, Vika, Lyre, Kyza, and Gareth. Like, in all terms of how every single character in the game actually performs, they gotta be the worst of the worse.

15 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

First of all, whoever said Brom, Skrimir, Sothe, and Marcia is objectively wrong. And I'm not kidding about that.

Correct. There are very questionable choices as well.

16 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

It's gotta come down to Meg, Fiona, Vika, Lyre, Kyza, and Gareth.

That's a good list.

I always consider Lyre the absolute worst. Meg would probably come next.

I don't quite see the Meg being the absolute worse. Yes, their payoff is lower than Fiona or Lyre or Vika, since at the very end they lack for doubling. And yet, raising them is significantly easier than at least Fiona and Vika. Yes they come underleveled, with wrongly-placed growths, but they come much sooner than Fiona, just in time for eating some Laguz.

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Depends on that fellow's perceptive. To play devil's advocate here, Brom is the worst axe user in the game, Skrimir is a laguz, although one of the better non-royal ones, Sothe falls off hard, and Marcia is the worst Pegasus unit in the game. Now when compare to the other competition, yeah, they aren't as bad, solid middle tier for most of them, but the points aren't indefensible. 

Edited by DarthR0xas

Lyre is the worst because

- being a Laguz

- terrible output damage

- cannot even double the physical weakest enemies aka mages

Meg is ok in normal without any investment, in hard she just needs one speed point.

Fiona needs a lot of investment, but it will be paid out by turning out into the best silver / gold in the game. Same goes for Astrid btw. I like using them both in hard mode.

Also honrable mention to Oliver who joins with a pathetic base speed.

And Vika is utter pointless unless she could get her strike level to at least S in part 1 somehow. I do not even think S is enough to do decent damage in 4-4.

Lyre and Oliver are the only real "terrible" units in this game for me.

Edited by Necrofantasia

13 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

Depends on that fellow's perceptive. To play devil's advocate here, Brom is the worst axe user in the game, Skrimir is a laguz, although one of the better non-royal ones, Sothe falls off hard, and Marcia is the worst Pegasus unit in the game. Now when compare to the other competition, yeah, they aren't as bad, solid middle tier for most of them, but the points aren't indefensible. 

No, there is no depending on perceptive. It's blatantly, objectively wrong. That's it. No "ifs" "ands" or "buts". And I will NOT agree with ANYTHING otherwise, I will die on this hill.

There is no way Marcia is worse than Sigrun, lol.  

Brom might be the worst axeuser, but he is more essential than Boyd overall. She saves Nephenee's ass in 2-1.

Boyd is not needed at all in the Greil's Mercenaries. And 18 speed at level 8 is nothing to boast, even base Rolf is faster. 

Gareth has bloodtide, so automatically not terrible. 

Edited by Necrofantasia

24 minutes ago, Necrofantasia said:

Lyre is the worst because

- being a Laguz

- terrible output damage

- cannot even double the physical weakest enemies aka mages

Meg is ok in normal without any investment, in hard she just needs one speed point.

Fiona needs a lot of investment, but it will be paid out by turning out into the best silver / gold in the game. Same goes for Astrid btw. I like using them both in hard mode.

Also honrable mention to Oliver who joins with a pathetic base speed.

And Vika is utter pointless unless she could get her strike level to at least S in part 1 somehow. I do not even think S is enough to do decent damage in 4-4.

Lyre and Oliver are the only real "terrible" units in this game for me.

I doubt Fiona with investment is better than Astrid with investment, as Astrid can be invested in by utilising Paragon and Blossom simultaneously meaning she can cap all her stats with little trouble after you get over her rough early game. I suppose you can use Blossom on Fiona too but you'd have a hell of a lot more trouble training her than Astrid thanks to innate Paragon so that makes her an objectively worse Silver Knight in my book (yes, objectively worse in my subjective opinion, that's not contradiction, is it?).

I went with fiona and meg, probably should have thrown in lyre, but rend is so stupidly powerful that it doesn't feel right.

Meg's issue is she moves slow and has bad defense and strength, making her hard to use.

Fiona by far is worse due to having similar problems as meg, except she starts a whopping 6 levels higher and has a similar baseline. She has 4 more hp, 2 less strength, 1 more skill, 2 more speed, 2 less defense, and 1 more res (I'm not considering magic notable because it isn't). On top of that, the chapters where you have the best chance of actually getting her good levels she either can't be deployed or can't even traverse the map properly. 1-6? She's stuck as an NPC. 1-7? Reduced movement. Ch1-8? Unavailable. Ch1-F? Reduced movement. 3-6? Literally can't move beyond the starting section, and this is the easiest chapter to level up dawn brigade members. 3-12? Hey I think she can move around on this one if there weren't so many other units on the map. 3-13? Back to reduced movement.

It's almost like the developers made the whole game, decided to add a unit to michiah's chapters, then never actually ensured she could ever be used properly.

... There were a lot of questionable decisions in this game actually.

1 hour ago, Chocolate Kitty said:

I went with fiona and meg, probably should have thrown in lyre, but rend is so stupidly powerful that it doesn't feel right.

I don't have issue with your choices, but I do have issue with your reasoning for not considering Lyre worst - I don't see how good Rend is as much of an argument in her favor when raising her to that point WILL be a Herculean struggle thanks to poor base stats, her low starting level, and the plethora of issues laguz suffer from, including reduced exp gain transformed. Oh, and you're forced to field Ranulf for most of Ike's campaign, and he ain't exactly anything to write home about.

34 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I don't have issue with your choices, but I do have issue with your reasoning for not considering Lyre worst - I don't see how good Rend is as much of an argument in her favor when raising her to that point WILL be a Herculean struggle thanks to poor base stats, her low starting level, and the plethora of issues laguz suffer from, including reduced exp gain transformed. Oh, and you're forced to field Ranulf for most of Ike's campaign, and he ain't exactly anything to write home about.

Plus most units get broken ass mastery skills anyway. Fiona's (Sol) is probably the worst for pure damage output, but it's still a second chance to proc a crit and one that heals you at that. Plus, unlike beorc, laguz require a resource to get their mastery skill (not that in practical reality it's much of an issue given how few laguz you're probably going to be training).