VideoGamesEpic

Who is the worst unit, gameplay wise?

Who is the worst unit, gameplay wise?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the worst unit? (I'm going to make a fight video with said characters)

• Micaiah
    • Edward
    • Leonardo
    • Nolan
    • Laura
    • Sothe
    • Ilyana
    • Aran
    • Meg
    • Volug
    • Zihark
    • Tauroneo
    • Jill
    • Fiona
    • Tormod
    • Muarim
    • Vika
    • Nailah
    • Rafiel
    • Elincia
    • Marcia
    • Leanne
    • Nealuchi
    • Haar
    • Nephenee
    • Brom
    • Heather
    • Lucia
    • Mordecai
    • Lethe
    • Geoffrey
    • Kieran
    • Makalov
    • Astrid
    • Devdan
    • Calill
    • Ike
    • Titania
    • Oscar
    • Boyd
    • Rolf
    • Shinon
    • Soren
    • Mist
    • Gatrie
    • Rhys
    • Mia
    • Ranulf
    • Kyza
    • Lyre
    • Reyson
    • Janaff
    • Ulki
    • Sigrun
    • Tanith
    • Naesala
    • Skrimir
    • Sanaki
    • Tibarn
    • Pelleas
    • Stefan
    • Oliver
    • Bastian
    • Volke
    • Renning
    • Caineghis
    • Giffca
    • Ena
    • Kurthnaga
    • Nasir
    • Gareth
    • Lehran

12 hours ago, Florete said:

You can't seriously be trying to argue that Astrid is better than Ranulf and Volug.

Ranulf, at base, doubles everything for a long time, with enough power to kill or seriously wound the majority of enemies.

And Volug, like, what? Even ignoring part 1, he's easily your strongest non-BK unit in DB part 3. So he takes two turns to get going, big deal? Then you have him for the rest of the map. He doubles literally everything and, iirc, kills all but the strongest Tigers, and that's before he gets S strike.

Volug is actually sick. I put him up with Janaff and Skrimir as non-Formshift Laguz who are actually long-term sustainable. Go ahead and dislike using Laguz all you want, it doesn't make them all bad. A lot of your statements here really just come down to you not liking them, not them actually being bad. Also lol @ suggesting 1600 for Olivi Grass is a problem.

If I may be frank, I consider Astrid a bottom 10 unit. Maybe even a bottom 5 unit. But the fact I'm willing to defend a bottom 10 unit over some of the laguz commonly praised here goes to show that they really crippled laguz in this game. As far as I'm concerned, most non-royal laguz just don't offer enough to make up for their myriad of weaknesses. It doesn't help matters that they're much too slow to improve for my tastes. Even the likes of Ranulf and Volug fail to impress me (though I consider class more to blame in the former's case). As for Olivi Grass, considering you're not exactly swimming in cash for the majority of the game, I feel it's overpriced for what it does.

TL;DR Laguz are hard to work with and most of them offer no meaningful advantages to compensate.

Edited by Shadow Mir

Volug survives two hits from any enemy in 3-12 - according to the pinned enemy stat list, the tigers reach 41 Atk, which Volug (49 HP, 18 Def) barely survives. I think that's pretty neat. He also doubles enemy cats (who have 20 or 22 AS), which I also find pretty neat. If I'm not mistaken, he even 2HKOs most cats if he reaches S strike (and no, this is not hard to reach before this point of the game). Pretty neat.

All on Hard difficulty, of course.

46 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

TL;DR Laguz are hard to work with and most of them offer no meaningful advantages to compensate.

On its own, I don't necessarily disagree with this statement. I do, however, disagree with the conclusions you use it to come to. They have disadvantages, but it doesn't mean they are bad. They can still be quite good despite having disadvantages.

47 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

As for Olivi Grass, considering you're not exactly swimming in cash for the majority of the game, I feel it's overpriced for what it does.

Not sure what game you're playing, I've never heard of anyone complaining about 1600 for Olivi Grass before.

There is technically only one point in the entire game when to buy an olivi grass: base of 1-8 for Volug in 3-6

And the DB is not really lacking on money, even after some weapon refines. Meg's fortune skill already surpasses the required money by a lot.

Furthermore there are also two droppable olivi grasses for the DB in part 3, so Volug is fine.

On 2/14/2019 at 11:25 AM, VideoGamesEpic said:

Will do! I'm actually uploading a similar video tomorrow, and I can show you that as well. You wouldn't have to watch the entirety of tomorrow's video, but it would give you an idea as to what my video would look like.
Would you like me to link you to that video, tomorrow?

Sorry for the late reply, but yeah.