Unimportant, but on the topic of female Byleth...

Chopper...

I have to assume it's some glitch in the rendering, or the light is hitting the tights' pattern strangely. Because no way would anyone design them to look like that right? They look like a Magic Eye picture.

I guess we'll see once a full-body illustration of the character is released. The trailer literally only uses M!Byleth after the "choose your form" scene, so we don't get a second look at them.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel the same, the tights look weird and the chest size is disproportional with the hips and waist but hey just wait for the power of fandom to fix that. 

I really hated FCorrin at the start but with some time and fanarts now I like her a little (I still think that the ass window is stupid though). Fortunately it started pretty soon

Don't know why I feel that this time the bullied team will be the Blue team.

WhatsApp Image 2019-02-15 at 20.56.01.jpeg

Regarding the unique sword (the one with a dragon-wing crossguard), in the first trailer, it was wielded by someone who looked like an obvious bad guy, but also has a striking resemblance to an older version of Jeralt: Byleth's dad. It was also shown with the green-haired lady holding it closely almost as if mourning somebody. To top it off, the magic that's released from it is clearly some kind of dark magic. This makes me wonder if the sword is less a legendary blade, and instead is a sword with a dark & troubled history, complete with a tragic backstory. 

If so, then it would actually be similar to the Yato; funny enough. It was made to bring humans into the war of the First Dragons; an act the Rainbow Sage refers to as the "great sin" that he committed. 

EDIT: Whoops; how did this get here? I meant to post this in a different thread. Sorry about that. 

Edited by vanguard333

2 hours ago, linkhuesitos said:

Don't know why I feel that this time the bullied team will be the Blue team.

WhatsApp Image 2019-02-15 at 20.56.01.jpeg

The Holy Spaghetti Kingdom is just too bulliable, I'm afraid. Edelgard looks like the type who's above it all, and Claude looks like the type who'd do the bullying in the first place.

1 hour ago, vanguard333 said:

Regarding the unique sword (the one with a dragon-wing crossguard), in the first trailer, it was wielded by someone who looked like an obvious bad guy, but also has a striking resemblance to an older version of Jeralt: Byleth's dad.

Perhaps it's our granddaddy.

I was doing some digging online about the names for the FE characters and I found a couple of websites that mentioned something...interesting about Byleth. This is a quote from https://blackwitchcoven.com/byleth-the-mighty-king-of-hell/ .

The Attributes of Byleth

• Byleth provides love for all men and women that conjure him. Being a mighty King, he grants all the desires of those who call upon him.
  • This demon has the ability to alternate between genders. Her feminine aspect is very friendly while the male is cold as ice.
  • This demon can transform the witch into whatever or whoever she desires.
  • With the power of Byleth, you can subject your target to deception and destruction.
  • She gives the witch the ability to see the future and helps her in controlling her astral body.

And then there is is paragraph from http://www.gods-and-monsters.com/beleth.html .

So, what does one get for all of their effort? The answer is a bit surprising. The one and only power that Beleth bestows to the summoner is love. Though it may seem like an odd power for a demon as strong and intimidating as Beleth, causing others to fall in love is a very difficult task that requires a very powerful spirit to control it. In fact, the few very advanced summoners who have built a relationship of mutual trust and respect have been allowed to see Beleth's true form, which is said to be that of a small, frail, doe-eyed young girl!

This makes one wonder if the "knight on the pale horse" routine is her chosen demon form simply to test the summoner's courage and command the summoner's respect. At the same time, it seems that only those who are able to meet the true form - Queen Beleth - are able to unlock her greatest powers.

Now, I'm not claiming to be an expert in any sort of demonology, nor to have knowledge on how much anyone dug into this beforehand. I'm also not saying that this really accounts for the outfit Female Byleth is wearing. However, I do think this may provide some reasoning for why F!Byleth looks younger and more innocent than her male counterpart. Just thought I'd share this.

How dare they make a MU that looks feminine! Why can’t we have more lazy, copy paste attires from the males?

For real though, I’m not feeling the hate female Byleth is getting. In my opinion, it’s a very unique and attractive look as well as the first time we have a female MU with their own distinct look. Robin had an uninspired copy paste, Corrin at least had a feminine edge though it was divisive among some (surprise surprise...). Plus, given how shorts are very uncommon as attire, it’s a breath of fresh air to see imo.

28 minutes ago, Silverly said:

How dare they make a MU that looks feminine!

As if that was the problem in any way.

It's not.

2 hours ago, SimplyUnknown said:

Now, I'm not claiming to be an expert in any sort of demonology, nor to have knowledge on how much anyone dug into this beforehand. I'm also not saying that this really accounts for the outfit Female Byleth is wearing. However, I do think this may provide some reasoning for why F!Byleth looks younger and more innocent than her male counterpart. Just thought I'd share this.

Oh, that's very interesting! On my part, I actually like F!Byleth face and hair more than I like M!Byleth, even though I know many people seem bothered by it, but it's just that I feel M!Byleth looks eternally bored, haha. F!Byleth looks somehow cuter to me, on the other hand. It's her clothing I'm not fond of, it's too unmatched and it's not good for cosplaying purposes. Not to me, at least.

On 2/15/2019 at 11:18 PM, vanguard333 said:

Regarding the unique sword (the one with a dragon-wing crossguard), in the first trailer, it was wielded by someone who looked like an obvious bad guy, but also has a striking resemblance to an older version of Jeralt: Byleth's dad. It was also shown with the green-haired lady holding it closely almost as if mourning somebody. To top it off, the magic that's released from it is clearly some kind of dark magic. This makes me wonder if the sword is less a legendary blade, and instead is a sword with a dark & troubled history, complete with a tragic backstory. 

If so, then it would actually be similar to the Yato; funny enough. It was made to bring humans into the war of the First Dragons; an act the Rainbow Sage refers to as the "great sin" that he committed. 

It wouldn't surprise me if the reason for all that is that the power of the crests actively corrupts the wielders' soul and turns them evil over time. We see a Gharnef-esque villain holding what looks like the same darkness drenched object before crushing it, along with a shot of Byleth being coated in darkness while holding the blade (and not being affected by it seems), along with the dramatic close up of the old man's eyes before he slaughters a wave of soldiers in one swing from the firs trailer.

This could all possibly link back to the whole out of context "tokens of the goddess' power are really to blame" quote. It's possible that while their power is used as some kind of a deterent (kind of like Peace Walker) to keep those in power from declaring war and thus maintaining order in a sense, that this power can literally go to their heads and draw the darkness in their hearts forth to the surface like the Darksphere in FE3/FE12 (at least I THINK that's how it worked).

That's just a theory of mine though.

1 hour ago, Aiddon said:

Her fashion sense is weirdly making think "Kiria, but even Gothier."

Haha, but at least Kiria is from the modern world, is not a teacher, and also she's a pop idol, so the wierdness in clothing would be expected of her :P:

. . .I figured it out.

Female Byleth's eyes are fairly wide apart. . .a little too wide IMO.  Put them a little closer together, and make them slightly narrower, and I think it would look a lot better.

6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

. . .I figured it out.

Female Byleth's eyes are fairly wide apart. . .a little too wide IMO.  Put them a little closer together, and make them slightly narrower, and I think it would look a lot better.

I agree! They are a little wide and big. Kinda like bug eyes. That's 100% what I think is off about her (ignoring the legging situation). Haha.

On 2/14/2019 at 9:12 PM, Dandy Druid said:

The biggest offense is her hair. When it showed the back of her head, the layers were all uneven and it drove me insane. It looks like she pissed off whoever cut her hair so they cut the left side really short and ignored the right side. Her hair is as messy in the back as those hot messes of leggings. I REALLY hope there's an outfit option. This look ain't it sis.

People who design Fire Emblem characters have an obsession with layers. The layers don't even make sense.

1 hour ago, Aera said:

People who design Fire Emblem characters have an obsession with layers. The layers don't even make sense.

The front looks ok, but the back is an absolute travesty. Everyone is freaking out about her ugly leggings and revealing armor but the real crime is the back of her head.

4 hours ago, eclipse said:

. . .I figured it out.

Yes, her eyes are just too big. M!Byleth's aren't and there's no real problem with his face as a result, despite his iris being just as empty.

It's an acquired taste as far as I'm concerned though, so I'm sure it'll be fine in the end.

1 hour ago, Dandy Druid said:

The front looks ok, but the back is an absolute travesty. Everyone is freaking out about her ugly leggings and revealing armor but the real crime is the back of her head.

Hahaha, to be honest, I hadn't noticed the back of her head until you pointed it out. Maybe it's the angle that made it look so asymmetrical? Otherwise you're right, it looks badly chopped off from the back.

Something about her design seems to be very rushed to me ,and in her portrait you can see that the line-work itself also looks unfinished(and I mean no disrespect to the artist on this)

If you zoom in on her portrait you can see a handful to mistakes and shaky lines (most notably on the buttons and hair):

574px-FETH_Byleth_f.png.f30e26aebd4e65a2087f19180afb27eb.png

I honestly think that there may have been a scrapped design for her, or maybe they threw in a f!MC as an afterthought? 

I just hope some parts of her design gets amended before the games release, because as much as it has grown on me, the design is still really bad when compared to her male counterpart.

10 hours ago, HappyLittleEevee said:

Something about her design seems to be very rushed to me ,and in her portrait you can see that the line-work itself also looks unfinished(and I mean no disrespect to the artist on this)

If you zoom in on her portrait you can see a handful to mistakes and shaky lines (most notably on the buttons and hair):

574px-FETH_Byleth_f.png.f30e26aebd4e65a2087f19180afb27eb.png

I honestly think that there may have been a scrapped design for her, or maybe they threw in a f!MC as an afterthought? 

I just hope some parts of her design gets amended before the games release, because as much as it has grown on me, the design is still really bad when compared to her male counterpart.

Oh no, if you look closely at the three lords' portraits, the designs all have shaky lines. I thought it would have been cleaned up, but in the recent trailer, it wasn't. 

22 hours ago, Chopper... said:

Hahaha, to be honest, I hadn't noticed the back of her head until you pointed it out. Maybe it's the angle that made it look so asymmetrical? Otherwise you're right, it looks badly chopped off from the back.

I hope you're right, because it would sure bug me when we walk around the school and I have to see the questionable haircut all the time. (Since we'll see the back of Byleth's head when we are running around doing stuff.)

Reference for anyone wondering what I'm referring to:

Why is the middle strip cut in a weird spot? It all looks uneven and jagged. Her hairdresser jacked her hair up. I really hope we can customize appearance now, because I don't want to stick with that hairdo. Bring us back the tall female Robin hairstyles please.

6 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

I hope you're right, because it would sure bug me when we walk around the school and I have to see the questionable haircut all the time. (Since we'll see the back of Byleth's head when we are running around doing stuff.)

Reference for anyone wondering what I'm referring to:

Why is the middle strip cut in a weird spot? It all looks uneven and jagged. Her hairdresser jacked her hair up. I really hope we can customize appearance now, because I don't want to stick with that hairdo. Bring us back the tall female Robin hairstyles please.

You know... Looking at it again... It doesn't seem like it was just the angle. It does look like unless they change that in the coming months, we will be seeing the back of her head looking all weird throughout the whole game, haha.

Oh, tall female Robin was the beeest :lol:

Female Byleth is savage. She cuts her hair herself. Yeah, I also hope a little that they adjust her portrait a bit. I don't mind her hair being that though, wish she would look a bit more ruthless in general. How you could expect from an ex mercenary...I also think she could also have almost the same eyes as m!Byleth, maybe a little adjustments and she would look just fine. It would make her look a bit more strict and less soul peering. 

I still will give her my support if they game is out. All this part about blue being bullied makes me want to choose blue Lion with f!Byleth. Now off to the detention room Dimitri. Even with those "flaws", I think I can start to like F!Byleth more than Robin and Corrin from design.

Edited by Stroud

so, looking at them next to each other, both male and female byleth appear to have about the same amount of armor, female byleth Ironically has more chest protection at the cost of less protection in the belly area, neither have any defined leg protection from what I can tell, interesting.

though I see some differences around the collar bone, so there is also that.

also, on my personal opinion on both, I lose regardless of my pick, I either get a stupid beetles reject haircut, or ugly ripped pantyhose, so I lose regardless, still better than corn, who is either an amorphous blob of an overall design or a design that just shows how promiscuous avatar characters are(also possible camel toe in nohr noble, just screams "open for business")

Edited by thecrimsonflash