Leicester's lack of a king doesn't make it any more of a democracy.

12 hours ago, eclipse said:

"A trend of people?"

Both that and the title are no good, because it's assuming an answer to a question that I never asked, while citing something vague.  In other words, it's clickbait, and I despise such tactics.

(and yes, you can have that double post, but try to use the Edit button in the future)

Wait... I can quote into an edit? I'm going to have to try that later. Sorry. Totally screwed up there.

But yeah... in retrospect taking a potshot at clickbaity titles doesn't work as well when the first line actually is clickbait. Next time I poke fun at something I'll try not to be guilty of it two seconds later.

16 hours ago, Armchair General said:

If you want to bring up "religion is bad" there's an enemy called "Western Church Soldier" or something in the second trailer.

But the insignia for the Alliance is an indicator that not all of these nobles are the same. Plus, Claude's family could've been the founders of the Alliance; which makes them the hereditary leaders until one of them screws up.

We'll have to see when the game comes out. All the same, I can't help but think the series fixation on lords may have avoided a chance to have an actual democracy... though then again, perhaps there's a reason for that. Being born into the role of a lord, if one truly accepts the responsibilities, is a double edged sword. Unlike a politician, they don't seek the power and responsibilities inherit with it, but have it thrust upon them by their birth. To someone like Marth, it becomes a duty to do right by their people. To someone like Ephraim or Hector, it becomes a burden that stops them seeking their own goals. Perhaps the point of having a lord is having someone stuck with a job they morally feel they can't pass the buck on. Or perhaps I've just over-thought it.

Guest Boatcat

B A C K  O N  T O P I C 

Leicester could be more like the Roman Republic, with the noble families being Senatorial groups, and the Regan family having the position of consul.

I’d more expect Leicester to be more like the Lycian league, with the Regan family being the ruling family, like Ostia, and the other seven families standing in for Phereae (hope I spelled that right), Caelin, etc.