We ask, they deliver: from incest to student teacher relationships. Oh yes!

god_ewan

1 minute ago, Captain Karnage said:

Not really.

Where are those sirens coming from. 

It's the cyberpolice. They backtraced ya son.
You dun goof'd.
hopefully I don't get in too much trouble for posting idiocy in a thread that feels like it belongs in Far From the Forest.... I mean look at the title
ufmXWGC.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't mind romancing the students, since as pointed out. MU seems to be around the same age as the students, and it's a military school of some sorts.

As for it they bring back kids. Uh well I don't know. Maybe it would be like the PPG and we just make them in a pot via potions or some silly crud.

3 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

Dang,  I think this is a little better though 

ke67vitr7fg21.png

Maybe it's just that P5 is one of my favorite games ever, but I really wish they had used a similar UI in FE3H (just more thematically geared to fantasy than comic book espionage). P5 has an incredibly visually appealing and elegant UI that really elevates an already great game.

They decided to add a new Avatar MC to this game since beyond what the forums may think its overall very popular especially Japan what makes some think they won't add romance or S Supports another popular feature with it? They made all these lovely Babes and Hunks and you think they'll waste them?! c'mon now.....glad some hear point at the obvious that its not a big deal especially towards Byleth not even being very old and close at age, the students are not children and this is a Military academy where people put their lives on the line.

Romance honestly feels inevitable with how common this trope is in Japanese media. Admittedly the lack of a large age gap makes everything more palatable, but the power dynamic is still an issue. Unless we can romance the other teachers or any non-students that get added, I'm definitely going to avoid S-ranks. Or if there's any point in time where the students graduate and they don't refer to us at "teacher" or "professor" anymore. Still a bit squicky but infinitely more tolerable.

Babies are a huge no-no though, and I have faith that IS is really going to avoid doing a Gen 2 unless necessary considering the backlash from Fates.

Well, I can't wait to pull that off. Hmhm ! And the reading the fanfics, looking at the drama, enjoying the kink ! Oh and rule 34 ! Afu, afufufufu. I'm evil and potentialy retarded due to Fates writing.

Seriously though, they seems likes they have the same ages, it shouldn't be a problem, if anything, it seems like they want to add another fetish. Which... is not a good sign, especially if marriage returns.  Marriage Returns... eh, that a superb name for a comedy movie !

Edited by B.Leu

31 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

the power dynamic is still an issue.

Just a small reminder: They are nobles, Byleth is a mercenary...

Even if he is their teacher, i think a noble holds a much greater power in that case

Edited by Shrimperor

4 hours ago, halvey said:

Is anyone excited to be able to bang our students? Sounds like something straight out of a harem anime. Fire Emblem meets High School DxD.

By comparison, I'm preferring the pseudo-incest in Fates, to be honest, as at least Camilla and Charlotte were attractive.

The thing seems weird, like if Byleth was another student...but he's not.  He is a professor, so even if the students are 18+ and all that, it is still really inappropriate.  What would be best is Byleth doesn't have romantic supports at all, but the student characters can have romantic supports with each other.  

26 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

What would be best is Byleth doesn't have romantic supports at all, but the student characters can have romantic supports with each other.  

I agree with this, but chances are he’ll still be able to romance his students, because the Japanese players just have to have their wish fulfillment to distract themselves from their miserable work lives.  (I believe this is why the Avatars are apparently so popular over there.)

I understand why the Avatars are the way they are, but I still don’t like it.

The fact that the avatar is a teacher and most of the major characters are students seemed cool... until I remembered s-supports, and I immediately was creeped out for obvious reasons. If the story at least acknowledges the obvious issue, and places heavy emphasis on "different time periods and different context, therefore somewhat different values", then I might be okay at it. 

4 hours ago, SageOfAnys said:

Romance honestly feels inevitable with how common this trope is in Japanese media. Admittedly the lack of a large age gap makes everything more palatable, but the power dynamic is still an issue. Unless we can romance the other teachers or any non-students that get added, I'm definitely going to avoid S-ranks. Or if there's any point in time where the students graduate and they don't refer to us at "teacher" or "professor" anymore. Still a bit squicky but infinitely more tolerable.

Babies are a huge no-no though, and I have faith that IS is really going to avoid doing a Gen 2 unless necessary considering the backlash from Fates.

1 minute ago, vanguard333 said:

The fact that the avatar is a teacher and most of the major characters are students seemed cool... until I remembered s-supports, and I immediately was creeped out for obvious reasons. If the story at least acknowledges the obvious issue, and places heavy emphasis on "different time periods and different context, therefore somewhat different values", then I might be okay at it. 

I mean, if there's a power imbalance in the relationship, it's far more towards most of the students. I mean, Byleth is a teacher, but Edelgard is heir to half the continent. Pardon me if I don't think she's even theoretically threatened by Byleth potentially dropping her grades if she won't hang out with him.

I fully expect romances, and don't see an issue with them. Byleth is a few years older than his students (who are mostly in their late teens) at most, their social status is almost certainly much higher than his (which redresses any theoretical power balance) and there probably won't be a second-gen to make things awkward. At least not in-gameplay. I fully expect some children in epilogues.

7 hours ago, SuperIb said:

Also I see zero reason for there to be children. I think they're giving that a rest.

Neither did Fates, and here we are.

I doubt they'll do it again, but it's not like there isn't precedent.

6 hours ago, BrightBow said:

I'm just curious if they finally manage to find a way for you to knock up your own kid. That's really the only way they have left to top knocking up and fondling your adolescent sister.

It's okay because it turns out you're not related to your own children. You get a letter from your future self saying "she's adopted so it's okay to bang your daughter". And she still calls you Dad! That's wholesome AND sexy!

I threw up a little in my mouth.

I'm a teacher myself and I'm not gonna lie: I do not look forward to having to explain why I play a video game in which you play as a teacher who can date his/her students. (Because I'm certainly going to play it; I love Fire Emblem gameplay too much.)

I suspect that if they do this it'll be about the most palatable way possible - the student is an adult and the teacher-student power dynamic is compromised by the fact that the students are higher-class than the teacher is - but I'm still hoping they don't do it. Fairly certain my hopes will be dashed, though.

1 hour ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

I'm a teacher myself and I'm not gonna lie: I do not look forward to having to explain why I play a video game in which you play as a teacher who can date his/her students. (Because I'm certainly going to play it; I love Fire Emblem gameplay too much.)

I suspect that if they do this it'll be about the most palatable way possible - the student is an adult and the teacher-student power dynamic is compromised by the fact that the students are higher-class than the teacher is - but I'm still hoping they don't do it. Fairly certain my hopes will be dashed, though.

Why would you ever need to explain it? I mean, even if someone literally watched you play the game from beginning to end, they probably wouldn't notice the student/teacher romance unless you pointed it out.

I agree with your other points. The student is a young adult, and the teacher is a lower social class than them (unless the plot reveals he's a descendant of god or something), but really? It's a single player game.

Meh. As the older sister in a lot of ways (older sister to brother, the mom friend to my friends, etc) everyone under my care? Students or children? I could never see them as potential lovers. It's kinda...weird. For me? They would be my precious students that I would protect, not uhhhh I rather give the whole marriage thing a break. If there is, well I rather flirt with the other people that are not my students.