Your main survived the Galeem purge. How?

Alastor15243

So as we all know, in the opening world of light cinematic, Kirby is the only character who manages to escape Galeem’s massive laser attack and thus he starts off as the only playable character.

But suppose instead your main was the starting character, and it was your job to whip up some justification for how they escaped. What would you come up with?

I’ll start, since it’s my thread and my main is easy:

Corrin hides behind a rock as she pulls out Azura’s necklace, with a good luck note attached. Clutching it tight, she performs dragon fang shot, splashes water on the floor, and uses Azura’s necklace to dive into the puddle, and she’s whisked off to Valla with mere moments to spare.

Edited by Alastor15243

Marth uses a Warp Staff to gtfo of there, and then warp back, just like Kirby did. I mean, he uses one for his entrance animation, sooo...

And if he doesn't have one readily available, he will...resign himself to his fate, idk.

Bowser abused the invincibility frames of his Fsmash and Usmash on every beam coming at him. Hrm, I guess that's no different then suggesting any other character used their dodge rolls...oh I got it. Bowser used the Star Rod, since the only thing that beats the Star Rod's invincibility is the Twink Beam. 

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

Bowser abused the invincibility frames of his Fsmash and Usmash on every beam coming at him. Hrm, I guess that's no different then suggesting any other character used their dodge rolls...oh I got it. Bowser used the Star Rod, since the only thing that beats the Star Rod's invincibility is the Twink Beam. 

*Peach Beam. Unless it's different overseas. I don't know.

Seeing as Bowser's been done...
King K. Rool fakes out every single one of the beams by playing dead. Galeem, fooled by the credits sequence, assumes his victory is complete... never noticing the fact all the credits are to kremlings. Galeem stops to rest, only to be blindsided as the reptilian reprobate begins his real assault in earnest.

Luigi just cowers in fear, but Mario jumps in and pushes him out of the way, taking the shot for him. Luigi falls off the cliff and Galeem's forces believe he was taken out alongside Mario. Then he wakes up in the World of Light and, despite his tremendous fear, he swears to save his brother and the world. Lucky for him that Mario's the first encounter, eh?

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Luigi just cowers in fear, but Mario jumps in and pushes him out of the way, taking the shot for him. Luigi falls off the cliff and Galeem's forces believe he was taken out alongside Mario. Then he wakes up in the World of Light and, despite his tremendous fear, he swears to save his brother and the world. Lucky for him that Mario's the first encounter, eh?

I was expecting a "Luigi survives by doing nothing" joke...

3 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

I was expecting a "Luigi survives by doing nothing" joke...

Sorry, I wanted to actually make an effort, y'see? I like Luigi.

'Sides, it's still technically a "Luigi survives by doing absolutely nothing" joke, if you think about it. Mario does all the work and he just kinda falls off a cliff.

Still, I think I'm the only one who's taken this seriously thus far. Now I feel out of place.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

47 minutes ago, Lau said:

Marth uses a Warp Staff to gtfo of there, and then warp back, just like Kirby did. I mean, he uses one for his entrance animation, sooo...

And if he doesn't have one readily available, he will...resign himself to his fate, idk.

Unless it's Tellius's Rewarp Staff, he wouldn't be able to use on it himself. The entrance animation is more him being warped there by someone else, not him warping in himself.

Anyway, Marth's also my main, and... well, a few things may come to mind.

Like having a Return Ring. Or he has the Shield of Seals with him, uses the Darksphere, and then hides. Or Warp Powder; though I think that's what Ike would use instead if it was him.

Primary main: Link is protected by the Triforce of Courage, but he may be reduced to some seemingly helpless animal form...

Secondary main: The Monado vision, instead of coming too late, comes a week before the attack. At Shulk's rallying cry, anyone who takes him seriously gets to work on putting together anti light beam armor, bunkers, shields etc and praying they work. A few fighters do not believe him. Their loss.

Edited by Dragoncat

I am absolutely going to find a true main when I do play ultimate, but I'll try with the second main I have in the series aside as Marth was covered.

Pikachu manages to take advantage of the Uair and Detect to survive the onslaught of the beams of light. Of course all the PP for Detect was used so Protect has to be used instead of their shield.

As an aside, Mr Game and Watch literally just stands sideways and the beams can't touch him.

This doesn't apply to a specific character, but if anyone wants ideas, how about bringing Dharkon into the ecuation?

Like, for any character that has access to a dark power or artifact, they use it and unknowingly are allowing Dharkon to act through said dark power/object, or perhaps even unknowingly for Dharkon? Could be an interesting idea...

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

I am absolutely going to find a true main and secondary when I do play ultimate

Fixed, in my case. :D

• Snake hid in a cardboard box.

Pfft, Ike ain't survivin' shit dude.

Young Link either:

A. Plays the Song of Time to rewind time before it happens.

B. Plays another song to warp the hell out of there.

C. Plays the Sun's Song to make it nighttime. That'll stop Galeem!

And don't tell me he won't have enough time to play a song. I know damn well that time freezes when he pulls out that ocarina (if gameplay is anything to go by).

Pokémon Trainer...I guess they just happen to conveniently have a Legendary Pokémon they don't use for fighting on them to help them escape? Maybe have Giratina/Arceus send them into the Distortion World, Solgaleo/Lunala hide them in the Ultra Wormhole or even have Celebi teleport them into the future after Galeem was done destroying everything I guess.

9 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Pokémon Trainer...I guess they just happen to conveniently have a Legendary Pokémon they don't use for fighting on them to help them escape? Maybe have Giratina/Arceus send them into the Distortion World, Solgaleo/Lunala hide them in the Ultra Wormhole or even have Celebi teleport them into the future after Galeem was done destroying everything I guess.

You could really cheat and have them wish to Jirachi that it never happened.

1 hour ago, indigocean said:

Pfft, Ike ain't survivin' shit dude.

Young Link either:

And don't tell me he won't have enough time to play a song. I know damn well that time freezes when he pulls out that ocarina (if gameplay is anything to go by).

Okay I won't......

Iirc A has only been demonstrated in certain circumstances B would require a song that would take him to an untouched dimension and C would just provide a momentary lighting effect for the universe spanning attack. 

^ The limits of Jirachi's powers fluctuate on what you go by, but it comes down to the wish really. 

Edited by goodperson707

1 hour ago, indigocean said:

Young Link either:

Maybe instead he uses the Song of Inverted Time or Song of Double Time? Since with the former the beams would be easier to dodge as they'd move slower compared to Y!Link, while with the latter, well, it's a time warp, skipping the whole thing altogether.

R.O.B. is the only playable character who also exists in reality, so the playable R.O.B.'s spirit could probably possess another R.O.B. from the real world even if his original body is captured by Galeem.