We Need A Permanent 1 and 2 Star Summoning Banner To Fix The Summon Pool

Captain Karnage

So as I've heard in a number of YouTube videos and seen while luring on this sub and on Reddit, that many people aren't too happy with how large the summoning pool has become where getting fodder characters has become a bit of a rarity now.

So I've heard some people suggest having 2 summoning pools when pulling on a banner, and I don't think that's the best solution to the problem. After 2 years of being around some characters have been completely powercrept out of even casual play, i.e Sully, and some are down right useless on their own, i.e Est and Seth, and are just bad feels when you pull them. So what's your idea Karnage?

My idea is that we should completely remove a few dozen units from the normal summing pool completely, and place them in a banner that doesn't end, has a lower cost to summon, but only provides units that are 1 and 2 star, which would be the units removed from the summoning pool. In this way some of the trash less than desirable units would still beĀ available to those who want them but will give you a better chance of getting a decent fodder unit when you're trying to summon for a 5 star on any other banner.

Thoughts? Opinion? Is this a terrible idea?

I like it. I think they could have multiple permanent summoning Foci featuring old units. After being featured for 2 or 3 years in the current summoning pool, they will be removed and put into a different summoning pool.

For example, at the end of this year, they can remove all launch units from the current summoning pool and create a permanent launch unit Focus; at the end of next year, they can remove all non-launch Book I units and put it into a Book I Focus; and then the year after that, they remove all Book II units and put it into a Book II Focus; and then rinse and repeat.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

1-star and 2-star rarity are obsolete and pointless to reintroduce.

I sent mine home. I wish I had kept them for memes and jokes. The only 1*/2* unit I have now is just a 2* Draug.

Edited by XRay

Eh. I don't see a problem. Getting a 1*/2* unit to 3* costs very little if I recall. It'd have been a problem if we didn't have the update that let us promote level 1 units, but we do now.

Though I have to wonder which units specifically would be removed. Are we just talking units who are 3*/4* and not many people want? Maybe 5* units who have fallen very far from grace? Lots of questions to be asked that I don't really feel like thinking about right now...

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Eh. I don't see a problem. Getting a 1*/2* unit to 3* costs very little if I recall. It'd have been a problem if we didn't have the update that let us promote level 1 units, but we do now.

Exactly what is the point of handing out 1-star and 2-star characters, though? Novelty? Since the cost is so small, why not just let the game swallow it and just straight-up give us already-promoted 3-star and 4-star units?

No, there isn't a problem. But, there is also simply no point in having the 1-star and 2-star rarities exist anymore, so they shouldn't.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Exactly what is the point of handing out 1-star and 2-star characters, though? Novelty? Since the cost is so small, why not just let the game swallow it and just straight-up give us already-promoted 3-star and 4-star units?

No, there isn't a problem. But, there is also simply no point in having the 1-star and 2-star rarities exist anymore, so they shouldn't.

I agree there shouldn't, but we do also still have those now very old Hero Battle units who are 1* and 2*, despite the game updating all the game-start units to 4* last year. Plus the enemy still "uses" lower rarities.

I think we only still have 1* and 2* rarities purely for the enemy units actually... but yeah, there really doesn't seem any good reason to actually use those rarities anymore, not when the game difficulty has gotten so high.

I just hope that if they do it, itā€™ll be possible to summon via relatively easy to acquire friendship points or whatever the same way FGO does it because having to waste orbs on units that even the game acknowledges as less desirable would just suck.

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

my idea was to make them that rarity for a specific pool so they could be summoned for fewer orbs, so they could be exempt from the other banners

like it or not this time next year the pool is going to be a lot bigger and we'll all surely pull a few dozen units we'll end up sending home

edit: to clarify this is my idea how to remove some of the janky units from the normal pool but still have a way to get them

Edited by Captain Karnage

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I agree there shouldn't, but we do also still have those now very old Hero Battle units who are 1* and 2*, despite the game updating all the game-start units to 4* last year.

That's almost certainly because the compensation for older players for the Hero Battle rewards would be too much work to hand out if they did increase the rarity of the reward units.

When they updated the starting units to 4-star rarity, they handed out compensation to older players that exactly equaled the amount of badges and crystals needed to promote those units to 4-star rarity.

In order to provide compensation for older players for the Hero Battle rewards, they would have needed to have a bot go through every single accountĀ and check if the player received each of the reward units, which is obviously more work than just giving a flat amount of compensation to all players.

Ā 

5 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Plus the enemy still "uses" lower rarities.

No reason why that necessarily mustĀ carry over to player-usable units.

Ā 

Just now, Captain Karnage said:

my idea was to make them that rarity for a specific pool so they could be summoned for fewer orbs, so they could be exempt from the other banners

like it or not this time next year the pool is going to be a lot bigger and we'll all surely pull a few dozen units we'll end up sending home

There is no link between rarity pools and the number of orbs per pull. There is nothing that prevents them from having an old character summoning banner that uses fewer orbs or even a different currency per pull regardless of the rarity of the units available.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

In order to provide compensation for older players for the Hero Battle rewards, they would have needed to have a bot go through every single accountĀ and check if the player received each of the reward units, which is obviously more work than just giving a flat amount of compensation to all players.

They handed out a flat amount of feathers to older players to compensate for the boost to the starting units, but that covered all of them, not just the Askr trio.

I will not speak for anyone else, but I know I grinded the others to feathers the moment I began getting better units. So really, I wouldn't worry about that.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

No reason why that necessarily mustĀ carry over to player-usable units.

Oh it doesn't. Old rarities can die in a Meteor massacre for all that they're worth.

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

There is no link between rarity pools and the number of orbs per pull. There is nothing that prevents them from having an old character summoning banner that uses fewer orbs or even a different currency per pull regardless of the rarity of the units available.

okay, how about we remove all of the bad and outdated characters from all the other banners and place them in a permanent 3 star banner where they are exclusive to

12 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

They handed out a flat amount of feathers to older players to compensate for the boost to the starting units, but that covered all of them, not just the Askr trio.

I will not speak for anyone else, but I know I grinded the others to feathers the moment I began getting better units. So really, I wouldn't worry about that.

Feathers, badges, and crystals. Exactly enough to promote all of Alfonse, Sharena, Anna, Raigh, Matthew, and Virion from 2-star rarity to 4-star rarity.

And the reason it was a flat amount was because all players who started before the update were guaranteed to have gotten those characters previously, whether or not they were foddered off or sent home sometime in the past.

Ā 

The difference between those characters and the Hero Battle characters is that there is no guarantee that a player who has an account would have gotten all of the Hero Battle characters prior to a hypotheticalĀ update that increases their base rarities. Because of this, in order for fair compensation to be passed out in the event of such an update, only players that have already completed each Hero Battle would be eligible for the compensation to increase the rarity of the reward character.

For example, if the reward characters had their rarities increased from 1-star and 2-star to 3-star and 4-star, respectively,

• A player that has already obtained 1-star and 2-star Olivia would need toĀ be compensated 2,420 feathers and 45 red badges, which is the cost of promoting the two units to their new base rarities.
  • A player that has not already obtained 1-star and 2-star Olivia would not need to be compensated at all because clearing the Hero Battles after the hypothetical update would reward them with 3-star and 4-star Olivia without the need for promotion to these new base rarities.

Because of this, they'd need to run a bot to go through all players' accounts and update them dynamically based on the account's progress rather than being able to use the same amount of compensation for each account.

Ā 

3 minutes ago, redlight said:

They should straight up redo the whole rarity thing.Ā 

That is equally unnecessary.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Cut the current three-stars (and possibly the demotions from four-star-dom) into an orbless pull that uses, I dunno, arena medals.

Just have it so you throw badges in the coin slot to get random 3-star units of the matching color.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Just have it so you throw badges in the coin slot to get random 3-star units of the matching color.

Iā€™d be 100% for this. Just let me do somethingā€”anythingā€”with my badges and medals.

Edited by Vaximillian

@Ice DragonĀ Whats the problem with removing units from the regular pool and placing them in their own banner? Most of us are pretty tired of a handful of units, and don't have that much cash to burn on a game.

2 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

@Ice DragonĀ Whats the problem with removing units from the regular pool and placing them in their own banner? Most of us are pretty tired of a handful of units, and don't have that much cash to burn on a game.

I never had a problem with that part?

Badges to summon on a special banner that rotates on a daily basis with one unit of 3-4 rarity (will only be summonable at 3 star) that has highly desirable fodder.Ā  Kaze, Hinata, Selena, Shanna, etc.Ā  The pool is far too bloated and it takes forever to get these useful units, people shouldn't have to wait months for reposition or fury.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Wait...EUREKA!Ā  I have it!Ā  They remove a bunch of 3-4 star units, particularly launch ones, and move them into a shop.Ā  In this shop these units can be purchased at 3 star rarity for a badge cost.Ā  Ah I need some Fury, oh let me buy a couple of Hinatas.Ā  I am desperate for desperation, ah Shanna has what I need!Ā Ā 

40 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Wait...EUREKA!Ā  I have it!Ā  They remove a bunch of 3-4 star units, particularly launch ones, and move them into a shop.Ā  In this shop these units can be purchased at 3 star rarity for a badge cost.Ā  Ah I need some Fury, oh let me buy a couple of Hinatas.Ā  I am desperate for desperation, ah Shanna has what I need!Ā Ā 

The problem with that idea is that it locks those units to neutral natures.

2 hours ago, Lewyn said:

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

The problem with that idea is that it locks those units to neutral natures.

Maybe there's a way to do this...

~For 200 Badges, you can buy 3* Hinata, and 400 Badges for 4* Hinata. Cannot buy 5*.

~When bought, the Asset/Flaw will be randomized. For an additional 100, the Asset/Flaw will be removed to make a neutral unit, and for... let's say an additional 300, you can select the Asset.

...now that I think about it though, if we could buy a units Asset, we'd just begin complaining that we should be able to alter the Asset/Flaw of Heroic Grail units to...

36 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

So letā€™s imagine that 3*-4* launch units are put in a 1*-2* permanent pool. Do you need Fury 3? Desperation 3? Lucky you, you only need to pay 2K feathers for it!Ā 

Yes, letā€™s make unit building even more difficult

You realize that happens 50% of the time anyways, right?