We Need A Permanent 1 and 2 Star Summoning Banner To Fix The Summon Pool

Captain Karnage

again. I just feel that it can be simple as this. 

split the pool. One banner has 1/2 the pool. the other banner has the other half. Legendary has everyone (or can continue to have half the pool, or the pool that has the best fodder or something)

or. just have more 3-4 star banners. 
while i save, I would save some orbs for that kind of banner. 

I can't see them arbitrarily choosing units based on perceived usefulness to stick in a separate pool.  If anything, it will be the launch units currently available at 3-4* that get removed if such an idea were to be implemented.  That leaves 7 Red, 11 Blue, 5 Green, and 10 Colorless to make up the new 3-4* population in the "regular" banners.  Such a shallow pool comes with its own set of problems.  We're tired of Beruka and Sully now, in the not so distant future we're going to be just as exasperated to see our 30th Libra or Sylvia (Some probably already are).  

Frankly I don't see it working out unless it also accompanies a mass demotion of many of the pre-CYL1 5* exclusives.  Excluding Takumi and Hector, that gives us a far more respectable pool of 23 Red, 19 Bue, 9 Green, and 16 Colorless.  Even then, the new green pool remains quite barren, and many already complain of green stones being rare. 

Would also like to echo the general sentiment of the 1-2* rarities being completely unnecessary.  Hell, I'd be inclined to take it a step further and start to phase-out the 3* rarity as well.    

Useless units =/= useless fodder. All those Sullys and Seths are Swordbreaker and Fortress Def that I may need for Feather grinding~ Making them 1-2* just means I have to waste more feathers getting them to the rarity where their fodder matters~

Not opposed to the idea of a 2nd Summoning Pool, but not at a lower rarity~

11 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Maybe there's a way to do this...

~For 200 Badges, you can buy 3* Hinata, and 400 Badges for 4* Hinata. Cannot buy 5*.

~When bought, the Asset/Flaw will be randomized. For an additional 100, the Asset/Flaw will be removed to make a neutral unit, and for... let's say an additional 300, you can select the Asset.

...now that I think about it though, if we could buy a units Asset, we'd just begin complaining that we should be able to alter the Asset/Flaw of Heroic Grail units to...

This right here.  We get the random IV for people who want to build the units rather than fodder.  

I'm not sure how it should actually be implemented; but I'm sure many units just don't fit the premium currency anymore... If you only utility when you're summoned is to get feathers... what is the point?

54 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

This right here.  We get the random IV for people who want to build the units rather than fodder.  

And then everyone will start clamoring for why we don't get natures when buying characters with Grails, and then if they add the ability to get natures with Grails, then we get the problems of randomness with a significantly limited resource (both Grails being limited and stock being limited to 20 per character) as well as the problems with players who already bought characters before natures were added.

Either make it a shop for Combat Manuals or make it a method of summoning, but don't introduce natures to directly purchased characters. At least not until we have a way to manually change natures.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

And then everyone will start clamoring for why we don't get natures when buying characters with Grails, and then if they add the ability to get natures with Grails, then we get the problems of randomness with a significantly limited resource (both Grails being limited and stock being limited to 20 per character) as well as the problems with players who already bought characters before natures were added.

Either make it a shop for Combat Manuals or make it a method of summoning, but don't introduce natures to directly purchased characters. At least not until we have a way to manually change natures.

Fine combat manual shop would work.  All launch skills available other than 5 star locked ones like Close Counter and Distant Counter.  

Just keep it simple!
Add a freaking skill shop where you can spent feathers or orbs for skills. Not saying all the newest skills should be in there, but it should be up 3 months at max 6 months behind.
+ remove 3 stars and put them on a seperate permanent banner (together with the possibility of calling their 4 star version).

There problem fixed... now focus on more unique unit and unique (or exclusiv) skills IS, because as it stands now noone will give a **** for a unit unless you give them something unique, and I cant blame the players for doing that.

Basically, all they really need to do is to make their own version of FGO’s FP gacha with 3* Heroes and limit the summoning for a free summon once a day and then either use feathers, badges or some new currency if you want to keep rolling. 

23 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

Basically, all they really need to do is to make their own version of FGO’s FP gacha with 3* Heroes and limit the summoning for a free summon once a day and then either use feathers, badges or some new currency if you want to keep rolling. 

That's what I was about to say now. Friend Points could be used by using your friend's or other random player's unit in modes that allows it (i.e. voting gauntlet, grand conquest, etc.). Or you could earn 100 FP each time you help a friend. 

Edited by Cron

2 minutes ago, Cron said:

That's what I was about to say now. Friend Points could be used by using your friend's or other random player's unit in modes that allows it (i.e. voting gauntlet, grand conquest, etc.). Or you could earn 100 FP each time you help a friend. 

Implementing Friend Points is pointless in this game as it is currently designed.

It works in FGO because FGO forces you to reserve exactly 1 of your 6 slots per team for a character you do not own (NPC, a friend's character, or a random other player's character), with the exception of a few story and event battles. Of particular note are other mechanics of the game that make Friend Points an integrated part of the game's system:

• Being forced to use a character you do not own means that you are guaranteed to have a steady stream of Friend Point income.
  • Being able to use random players' characters (which give fewer points than friends' characters) means that even if you don't have players on your friend list or they don't have characters you want to use, you can still get points.
  • Stamina is an expensive resource, meaning your acquisition of friend points is restricted naturally instead of by arbitrary caps.
  • You get points if other players use the characters you put up as your representatives, meaning it is to both your own benefit and the benefit of the player base as a whole to put your most useful characters up as representatives (as opposed to just showing off).

32 minutes ago, Nowi's Husband said:

An alternative if they don't do that is to remove them from the summoning pool, and add them to the grails list.

That will just piss players off who want to use certain GHB/TT units and 3*/4* units though, since Grails are already so slow to acquire; making them pay Grails for GHB/TT and former 3*/4* units is too much.

Edited by XRay

I like the idea of a permanent summoning pool that uses Badges/Crystals/Arena Medals instead of Orbs to summon 3-4* units.  Maybe even put some of the powercrept 5* launch units in there, but that might be asking a bit much.