Pros and Cons of the 3 Houses Themselves

Guest onetwothree

Guest onetwothree

Pros and Cons of each of the Houses

Black Eagles Pros:

• Probably has the best overall design of each student imo

• Linhardt (I still can’t get over that, I think that hilarious lol)

• The empire isn’t evil for once

Black Eagles Cons:

• Almost everyone is choosing it

• Male characters are a little lackluster imo (except for Ferdinand, I think the boys are a little ugly in Black Eagles so rip if you’re looking for a good husbando)

Blue Lions Pros:

• The color blue (it’s my favorite, don’t @ me)

• Sylvain is 10/10 best boy

• We haven’t seen the full cast of the Blue Lions but if they look like the few we’ve seen, we should be fine

Blue Lions Cons:

• Dimitri’s hair

• Part of a Holy Kingdom so may be connected to the Church of Seiros?

Golden Deer Pros:

• Claude

• Seems to be the most misfit/outcast-esque group so far, at least design wise so if you want a cast like that, Golden Deer seems to be for you

• We haven’t seen the full cast of the Golden Deers so the others might look better

Golden Deer Cons:

• Everyone other than Claude and Hilda doesn't look that great imo

• Yellow isn't that great of a color imo

And this is just everything that I personally like or dislike about the houses so far. As of right now, Blue Lions is looking like the one I’m gonna be picking  but there’s a lot I like about Black Eagles too so maybe it’ll change. Rip Golden Deer though, they seem to be the ones that are getting cucked the most since I’ve seen no one talk about wanting to choose them. But what are your guys thoughts on the houses as of now?

23 minutes ago, Kaze's favourite pillow said:

The Golden Deer captain looks like a fusion from Gray and a Pokemon Gym Leader. I like that.

There was a meme when 3H first came out. It was like "Look at our new Pokemon Go leaders!" And as someone who quit the game for a long time I was like "NO! I liked Spark! Bring Spark back!" But turns out they be trolling. I'm just gullible. They do look like gym leaders though.

For me personally (a liiittle bit tongue-in-cheek);

Black Eagles;

• Pros: Bernadetta and Petra are my favorite units so far. Dorothea is ok.
  • Cons: Likely evil, probably Edgey. Edelgard is ok but not my favorite of the three lords. Dorothea's hat looks like it was added on in photoshop after the fact. Everyone's picking them.

Blue Lions;

• Pros: Uuhhh... I guess I like blue? Annette and Sylvain are ok?
  • Cons: They're a big fat meh to me. As is Dimitri. Their country has the silliest sounding name. No Bernadetta or Petra.

Golden Deer;

• Pros: Claude is the best lord and the best guy so far. Leicester is the most interesting of the three countries. Blue is my favorite color but in a pinch yellow will do. I like Leonie, she lowkey reminds me of my D&D character a bit so I might go thief!Leonie even if it turns out it's a class she sucks as. Hilda's ok.
  • Cons: Still no Bernadetta or Petra. No Petra is doubly disappointing because seeing as she's the only other student so who doesn't look lily white I thought she'd be from Leicester like Claude, but no such luck evidently.

It's gonna be a tough call for me between Black Eagles and Golden Deer.

A couple of points I was thinking about:

• I wonder if the other two houses' students will be recruitable later on, whether they will be tutored by Byleth from the noble class after the picked house or they will be prepromoted to their "canon" class. I'm almost certain that the captains of the other two houses will be recruited regardless buuuuuut.
  • I hope that there is just the 7 classmates per house apart from the captain, because I don't want more than 24 school units in one roster, since we're most likely getting units outside of the school during the arcs after the monastery arc.
  • I think that Byleth, the mature lady teacher and the moustached teacher will be the "teacher" of each house, explaining why the moustached teacher was fighting alongside the Golden Deer in the E3 trailer. Byleth will of course teach his chosen class and the other 2 are assigned to the other two classes. 

For me:

Black Eagle:

Pros: 

Edelgard is a gorgeous axe lady

Bernadetta is adorable

Ferdinand looks the most like a traditional FE character.

Most likely to be the heroic house.

Cons: 

None

Blue Lions:

Pros:

Lance lord.

Blue is best color.

Best overall student designs.

Cons: 

Theocratic kingdom

Most likely to betray the other houses.

Yellow Deer:

Pros: 

Claude has the best lord design.

Archer lord is something completely new for the series.

City states.

Leonie is best girl.

Hilda is okay.

2 unrevealed characters.

Cons:

Everyone else looks terrible, and not even like a Fire Emblem character. Especially Raphael.

Edited by Etheus

Hmm, for funsies I'll make a Pro/Con list for each too. Might actually help me decide, because right now I don't know who I want to join. :(
EDIT: Accidentally posted before I was done editing...smh, gonna edit with the rest of my list!

Black Eagles
PROS

• I like birds. Birds of prey especially.
  • Bernadetta, Linhardt, and Caspar are really cute and I want to meet them.
  • Edelgard being the next Emperor is pretty cool.

CONS

• Red is my least favorite color of these three.
  • Ferdinand looks kinda boring/annoying to me, something about Petra tells me I won't like her as a character, and Dorothea's outfit looks like something out of 2003.
  • Seems like a "Canon Option" which makes it less appealing to me personally.

Blue Lions
PROS

• Mercedes, Sylvain, Ashe, and the two unnamed dudes presumably a part of this group all look interesting and cool.
  • "The frigid north" is a neat setting for the kingdom. I know choosing this group doesn't mean I get to go there necessarily, but still.

CONS

• I feel like lions are a little overused as a houses mascot.
  • That hair...
  • Annette seems like she wouldn't be a character I'd like.
  • Dimitri is my least favorite of the 3 lords, from what we've seen.
  • Running with a group of nobles is kinda less fun for me than a more diverse group from different backgrounds, and that's kinda what this group seems like to me.

Golden Deer
PROS

• Claude
  • Yellow is my second favorite color, and favorite of these three, so that's cool.
  • I like deers.
  • The Leicester Alliance is just a cool name imo, and I like the description of it the best of the 3 places.
  • Leonie is really cute, I like how much Raphael stands out among the other students, and I really love the design of the unnamed purple haired student actually.
  • Looks like a fun band of misfits!

CONS

• Hilda and the unnamed blond's designs don't really excite me. Hilda is cute, and pink is my favorite color, but it being one shade of pink throughout her design makes it visually uninteresting. 

From this, it looks like my obvious choice should be the Golden Deer, and yet, I'm still undecided. OTL

Edited by Perle

Gryffindor

PROS: 

-Edelgard.

-I like that it's an empire.

-Gaunlets.

CONS: 

-No Dumbledore.

-I have issues with the color red, kind of like a trauma thanks to my country's government, so I don't like it.

-Don't care much for the character designs on this one.

Ravenclaw

PROS:

-I like the character designs of Mercedes, Ashe and Sylvain.

-Italian food is my favorite.

CONS:

-It's a kindgom, there's nothing new or interesting about that in itself. And worse, a holy kingdom.

Hufflepuff

PROS:

-I'm very interested in this 'Alliance' they have ruling that country.

-No sparkly vampires.

CONS:

-I didn't care for the character designs of this group either.

I think the pro and cons will be the characther themselves as customization kill chances either house be more unique(each with a different specialization) but seems Black Eagles will be canon as they are pushing hard Egedl as the main waifu

Outside of Petra and Mercedes, I actually don't really care much about the reds and blues.

I'm obviously gonna play all houses at least once, but the power of Claude as well as Raphael's shirt buttons is too much for me, so I can't not choose the Golden Deer.

Wish the rest of the Golden Deer had Claude's skin color tho, or darker even.

Edited by Yunanuy

19 hours ago, Guest onetwothree said:

• The empire isn’t evil for once

18 hours ago, Etheus said:

Most likely to be the heroic house.

You guys are super optimistic. We see in the trailer that the Empire's territories cover nearly half the continent. That alone is a huge red flag to me for their chances of being benevolent. Best result is civil war between 'good' and 'evil' empire factions.

House Targaryen

pros

-most likely faction to be the canon one, and therefore, the one whit the most devoloped route.

-the faction i would pick in case i'd actually make a Ciri playtrough.

-i like most of the students.

Cons

-as a pizzapasta, i have to be againist the Austro-hungarian expy.

-most likely faction to be the canon one, so it's likely going to get the most formulaic route.

House Stark( whit a litle bit of lannister)

-I like crusades/deus vult memes, so i'm totally going to play whit Sabaton's the last stand in the background. 

-Likely the evil faction, maybe this they want screw up like conquest.

Cons

-for now, i don't like most characters.

House Baratheon

Pro

-Claude seems like a cool guy.

Cons

-outside of Claude, im just incredibly lukewarm to this faction, for better or worse.

-my sister already declared that her first playtrough will be with them, so they are out for my first one.

Edited by Flere210

Black Eagles Pros:

• Expressive group of people
  • Different personalities that mix with each other
  • Edelgard
  • Dorothea looks to be a fun girl

Cons :

•  Boring dudes
  •  Dorothea's hat is off

Blue Lions Pros:

• Group of experienced people

Cons

• Dimitri’s hair
  • Boring dudes

Golden Deer Pros:

• The "everyman" group

Cons

• Looks like a bunch of losers
  • The purple guy haircut

Black Eagles

Pros:

• Edelgard is both a lady and an axe lord
  • Has Petra, Caspar, Dorothea, and Linhardt - the perfect meme team
  • Though we don't know his name yet, the older, edgy looking dude looks really interesting to me. Really want to learn more about him (I initially thought he was another teacher in the first trailer!)

Cons:

• Literally everyone and their mother is choosing this team
  • Dorothea is a meme and she does look nice, both positives, I'll admit that the hat bothers me for feeling a bit out of place and badly photoshoped on her head.

Blue Lions

Pros:

• I love literally everyone we've seen in this house so far, no complaint about any of them!
  • It's the underdog team based on popularity, and I like siding with these kind of teams
  • Dimitri is a lance lord
  • Outside of his in-game portrait, Dimitri looks fine...

Cons:

• But in his in-game portrait, Dimitri's hair looks like a pathetic pile of wet noodles. I don't understand how his hair can look so much better in 3D cutscenes but look like hot garbage in a more detailed still image

Golden Deers

Pros:

• Claude is 100/10
  • BOW LORD
  • Raphael is literally a blonde Arden and I love it

Cons:

• I don't really like anyone we've seen so far outside of Claude, Raphael, and Hilda. And I'm only really okay with Hilda because she reminds me of Serra and I thought Serra was hilarious. Everyone else is a big fat pile of meeeeehhhhh

Black Eagles:

Pros: - Axe lord: I always love female axewielders (especially foot ones) and there's very few in the franchise. Having one as a lord is amazing!

- Petra: By far the nicest looking student in my opinion. Love the little mark under her right eye.

- Empire: It'd be nice to have a not completely evil empire for once.

Cons: - Dorothea's hat looks super strange.

- REALLY not a fan of Caspar's hair.

Blue Lions:

Pros: - Theocracy: I hope it's a non-evil Theocracy for once (I think only FE8 had one? Very arguably Benion due to Sanaki and co).

- Hopeful wishing, but maybe they'll get themed clothing later on. They seem the most likely to get actual armor (I love armor), and blue is the nicer color from the three countries.

- Blonde lance lady looks nice, possibly the buzz-cut military man. Pretty neutral on the majority of the others though.

Cons: - Dimitri's armor. It's slightly improved compared to the original trailer, but the pauldron still can't logically rotate (it makes no sense to be flush with the shoulder) and the "breastplate" still looks like a painted-on shirt.

- The "prim-and-proper" faction: I don't mind in general unless it gets pushed very hard in which case it starts to annoy me.

Golden Deers:

Pros: - Leonie and Raphael looks decent.

Cons: - Hilda's eyes. Less disturbing than the original trailer, but still disturbing.

- Not a fan of yellow clothing in general.

- "We don't need no kings or emperors! We are so much better than everyone else! ...but the next leader is going to be the son of the current leader, so it's the exact same thing with a different name".

Honestly, if I could pick I'd pick the "Teachers" faction. Mustache man and sexy teacher > all the students. Since that's not an option... it's between the Black Eagles and Blue Lions for me. Golden Deers is a definite third for me unless a to-be-revealed character in it really strikes my fancy.

Edited by Ayra

As far as the three houses goes, most of the students look the same; but then again, this is mainly from their uniforms. 

But I'd expect some infighting and a wide variety of playable classes from the Golden Deers, since they're lead by an group of nobles. And the Blue Lions' country would make the perfect physical steamroller with an hint of some religious philosophy. I don't know what to say about the Black Eagles, aside that so-and-so is trying to live up to their family's expectations.

Black Eagles:
Pros:
- Edelgard is probably my favorite of the three lords. 
- Enjoy all of her party members revealed so far besides Linhardt (Especially Ferdinand, Bernadetta, and Caspar)
Cons:
- I really dislike Linhardt's hair.
- Dorothea's hat is so out of place to me.

Blue Lions:
Pros:
- Favorite set of characters by far. There isn't anyone on this team I dislike.
- Lances are my favorite Fire emblem weapons so I'm happy about a playable lance lord.
Cons:
- Dimitri is my least favorite lord design wise, but he is by no means bad.

Golden Deer:
Pros:
- Claude is good.
- Raphael and Leonie are good. I enjoy Raphael's shirt too lmao
Cons:
- I'm not sold on the other party members until I can see their portraits.

On 2/15/2019 at 1:59 PM, Guest onetwothree said:

Golden Deer Cons:

• Everyone other than Claude and Hilda doesn't look that great imo

See below

On 2/15/2019 at 3:02 PM, Etheus said:

Everyone else looks terrible, and not even like a Fire Emblem character. Especially Raphael.

I am not here for this Raphael slander. Boy may have an ugly face, but THAT CHEST THOUGH. Watch him get meme'd & cinnamon roll'd the shit out of.

Anyways, onto to the topic at hand.

Black Eagles

Pros:

• AXELORD
  • Ferdinand, Dorothea, and Petra seem interesting.
  • I really like red.
  • THE CRESTS ARE TO BLAME
  • Will probably have a 100% guide come out first

Cons:

• I'll probably watch some YouTuber play it as I do, and they'll most likely pick this route. (big IF)
  • I don't find Edelgard as interesting as the other 2 for some reason. I felt that we got a better idea of a group dynamic of the other 2 groups and their personalities seem more prevalent. I can already guess that Dimitri will be the serious, stick in the mud and tries to be the best at everything. While Claude is more open to teamwork and is more laid back in his approach to things. But Edelgard? Despite her being the most showcased lord, I couldn't get a feel for her personality. I predict she'll be similar to Roy or Chrom, but I'm very unsure of what her personality will be right now.
  • Since it seems like they're pushing people to pick her route first, it's probably the easiest/least challenging one of the three. (this could also be a pro though)- this is just a guess

Blue Lions

Pros:

• LANCELORD
  • Fargus is the country I'm most interested in learning about. They seem to be affiliated with the Western Church, so I wonder how that'll affect their actions in the story. Fargus is also the only country described with more negative sounding words (like cold) so I wonder how the culture of Fargus reflects their cold temperature. Are the people of Fargus hardcore? Do they feel the need to innovate to survive better? Will Fargus students get a boost in snow maps?
  • The nameless guys sparring all seem pretty cool. They don't come off as noble-y as all the other students. Mercedes is also seems interesting. The blonde girl has resting bitch face so I hope she's a Maribelle type.
  • I really like the color blue.
  • Perhaps the hardest route of the three? (could also be a con)- this is just a guess

Cons:

• It's going to be REAL hard to get used to Dimitri's 90s gelled to hell and back hair style. Plus, his armor artwork doesn't look as polished as Edelgard and Dimitri's in terms of design.
  • Least popular, so there will be less coverage of it INITIALLY. I have a feeling this route will be saved for last for most YouTubers and guide makers, so it may take a while to get a 100% guide.

Golden Deer

Pros:

• BOWLORD
  • Looks like the most diverse and ragtag group of the three. The group dynamic seems more democratic (Claude is the leader but the others will put in their own input.) They also have the cast of characters I'm most excited for. Because of their country's politics dynamic, I wonder if any of them would turn on Claude
  • Raphael's small shirt
  • Can't go wrong with Gold.
  • I predict this will be the medium route. Not the easiest, but not the hardest. A good middle ground for both hardcore players and casual players.

Cons:

• Confusing Political Set up? There's no King, but there's a leader? It just sounds like people trying to be cool like "oh no we're too cool to have a King," but then have someone acting like one? Maybe it's like Ferox where Leadership can switch between houses? Or maybe it's more akin to the Lycian League where Ostia was seen as the figurehead?

Adler Klasse

Pros: Edelgard is a great design, and seems like the Lord that they have put the most thought into.

A good balance of character archtypes, with everyone looking interesting in their design.

A seeming good balance of potential classes. (What looks like: 1 Knight/Cav, 1 Archer, 1 Mercenary, 1 Thief, 1 Priest, 1 Mage/Archer, 1 Mage/Swordswoman)

Cons: Lack an obvious Flier.

I share many's weariness of "the popular pick".

Löwen Klasse

Pros: Sylvain, the white-haired axeman, blue-haired swordman, and blonde lancewoman are among my favourite designs so far.

The possible Celtic focus of Faerghus. (In the first trailer we saw people wearing kilts and tartan.)

The somewhat underdog status when it comes to general popularity being a pull for me.

Cons: Dimitri is the worst Lord. Not that he's bad... but definitely behind Eddy the Eagle and Chaud Claude.

A possible lack of magic. (What looks like: 1 Knight/Cav, 1 Cav/Flier, 1 Archer, 1 Mercenary, 1 Brigand, 1 Priest/Swordswoman, and only 1 I-don't-know-but-I-assume-has-to-be-a-Mage?)

I'm not sure if white-haired axeman and blue-haired swordman are actually Blue Lions. The direct was ambiguous on that.

Faerghus being a "Holy Kingdom" is a little worrying. If it's lip-service, fine. If it's an actual theocracy, hard pass.

Hirsch Klasse 

Pros: Claude *swoon*

A... possibly good balance of classes. (What looks like: 1 Knight, 1 Knight/Cav, 1 Archer/Thief, 1 Mage/Priest, 1 Archer/Mage, 1 maybe-flier, and 1 who-knows)

The two white haired female members whose faces we didn't see have a lot of potential.

Hufflepuffs.

Cons: A couple of my least favourite character designs.

Disappointed that the Leicester Alliance has an heir.

Despite all that, I'm leaning Blue Lions.

I'm pretty much certain that I'm going Blue Lions unless something really sways my decision between now and my choice on July 26th. 

Dimitri - I think he has Eliwood syndrome, he's immediately compared to the other 2 lords and he's seen as inferior and boring, but hopefully he'll be developed really well and I want to see how he's developed by picking his route. I'll probably end up promoting him to his canon base class but if I don't really don't like it for whatever reason then probably lance cav.

Mercedes - Easily my favourite girl out of the Blue Lions, her in game model looks pretty beautiful and I wonder if her portrait has changed since E3 since her model looked kinda different to her portrait(her model was of course updated from the generic one). I'm getting healer vibes from her so if the game lets me(I'm pretty sure it will), and doesn't heavily favour another class for her, I want to make her a healing flier.

Annette - Her design is kinda cute but a bit boring to me, I feel like whatever house I pick I'm gonna end up loving most if not all of the units I get from the house and I'm pretty sure over time Annette will become a fav of mine. I could probably make her an archer of some kind(maybe a flying archer to pair with her best buddy Mercedes, or a mage because the Blue Lions seem to be slightly lacking in that category).

Sylvain - This guy is hella suave, and I don't know how I'm gonna promote him because I'm sure he'll look good in anything, I could make him a Lance Armour or Halberdier if they even exist in this game, but then that would be 3 lance welders in this house(Dimitri, Sylvain and the blonde girl). Might make him a mage just cuz he'd probably rock the robes :/ Axe cav may work too since he looks to be well versed in all the weapon triangle.

Ashe - Dimitri's best boy, I'm getting heavy Ricken vibes from him so maybe a mage but the hoodie also kinda says archer or thief, definitely using him though just for the freckles.

White Haired Dude: Strong and tough, he looks awfully boring rn but we've only seen him in one scene so I'm not gonna judge yet, as for his class, axe armour is an almost definite.

Blue Haired Dude: He's got that Eastern kinda inspired look about him, so Myrmidon probably, hopefully he doesn't bore too much, between him and white haired dude I hope they actually have personality.

Blonde Haired Girl: She's so cute it's ridiculous, she's like a mix between Warriors' Lianna and Heroes' Sharena, which is definitely not bad thing. Definitely a lance wielder with a mount here, either a flier or a cav, probably cav if I already have two fliers.

Black Eagles:

Pros: Edelgard (and she's not dressed skimpy yay!), Axe Lord, pretty good party so far, Empire is possibly good this time around, FEMALE MAIN CHARACTER!!!!!

Cons: Dorothea's hat (looks too modern, although I like the JoJo references to it)

Blue Lions:

Pros: Dimitri, Lance Lord, Sylvain (holy shit I love his design!!!), Ashe (he's very cute too), Mercedes (best girl so far besides Edelgard), this house seems to have character designs I like best

Cons: Least popular house right now (a shame) so as someone above mentioned, It might be hard to get a guide at first since everyone will be picking the other classes

Golden Deer:

Pros: Claude, Bow Lord (!!!!)

Cons: Not liking the other character designs so far