Do these games come in pairs and trios?

indigoasis

I apologize in advance if this is common knowledge that I didn't realize until now, but I thought it would be interesting to bring up I suppose.

I was taking shower, and FE6 came to mind. Then I thought about how FE7 is a prequel. Then I remembered FE4 and how FE5 is a sidequel, and so on and so forth. So I came to the conclusion that:

• FE1/3 and FE2 are a pair/trio due to FE2 being a side story set in the same world and general timeframe(Gaiden translates to side story, so duh)
  • FE4 and FE5 are a pair because FE5 is a side story set in the same world and general timeframe and merges into the story of FE4
  • FE6 and FE7 are a pair because FE7 is the prequel to FE6
  • FE9 and FE10 are a pair because FE10 is the sequel to FE9
  • FE11 and FE12 are a pair because they're remakes and FE12 is the sequel to FE11, and FE13 would make it a trio because it's set in the same world in the far future and is sort of a continuation of the FE11 and FE12/Archanea saga in a sense
  • FE14 is literally a trio of itself
  • FE8, and FE15 are outliers to this trend, so I guess they're just singles. Although maybe they could be a pair due to being the outliers?

That's about all I got. I know that most of these games weren't planned this way as far as I know, but I thought that it was interesting trend that I wanted to bring up. If there are any more pairs or trios that you can think of, go ahead and share.

7 hours ago, indigocean said:

I apologize in advance if this is common knowledge that I didn't realize until now, but I thought it would be interesting to bring up I suppose.

I was taking shower, and FE6 came to mind. Then I thought about how FE7 is a prequel. Then I remembered FE4 and how FE5 is a sidequel, and so on and so forth. So I came to the conclusion that:

• FE1/3 and FE2 are a pair/trio due to FE2 being a side story set in the same world and general timeframe(Gaiden translates to side story, so duh)
  • FE4 and FE5 are a pair because FE5 is a side story set in the same world and general timeframe and merges into the story of FE4
  • FE11 and FE12 are a pair because they're remakes and FE12 is the sequel to FE11, and FE13 would make it a trio because it's set in the same world in the far future and is sort of a continuation of the FE11 and FE12/Archanea saga in a sense
  • FE8, and FE15 are outliers to this trend, so I guess they're just singles. Although maybe they could be a pair due to being the outliers?

That's about all I got. I know that most of these games weren't planned this way as far as I know, but I thought that it was interesting trend that I wanted to bring up. If there are any more pairs or trios that you can think of, go ahead and share.

I'll let you in on a little secret. Sometimes, when a game and it's developer love each other very much, they plan a sequel.

But seriously, I expected this post to point out the direction of releases (Two on the NES, Three on the SNES, Three GBA, 2 DS, 3 on the 3DS... which of course leaves the Tellius games but given you can play both on a Wii I kind of count them anyway). So will there be two on the Switch? Here's hoping.

7 hours ago, Mad-manakete said:

So will there be two on the Switch? Here's hoping.

The system's lifespan should be long enough to allow for another. Plus with 3H done, they'd have an engine and assets they can reuse and retool as opposed to having to invent everything from scratch, that'd cut down on development time. Assuming a B-team working on remakes, IS could churn out three FEs on Switch, maybe four if they pick Genealogy as their first remake, since T776 would just have to be remade as well.

FE2/FE15 is much a world in itself that's quite distinct from Archanea though so I would feel uncomfortable pairing them together in the same manner FE1&3, FE4&5, FE6&7 and FE9&10 go together.

Even more uncomfortable adding Awakening to it. 

I'd put Gaiden/Echoes, Awakening and Sacred Stones amongst the outliers. 

Edited by Vince777

41 minutes ago, Leocanta said:

Is that so? But Echoes (don't know about Gaiden) has the three Pegasus Sisters, and that's an undeniable connection to the Shadow Dragon games.

Echoes is a remake of Gaiden, so Echoes has every character that the original game had, and a few more.

I know that Echoes is technically just Gaiden but better, but I decided to leave it out for the reason that it's its own game and the 15th entry in the series, and I'm not really a fan of replacing Gaiden with Echoes in every scenario, even if Echoes is just Gaiden but better.

If you wanted to connect Echoes to Shadow Dragon and New Mystery of the Emblem, there's nothing stopping you.

On 2/16/2019 at 10:59 PM, indigocean said:

FE16 is definitely going to get a sequel.