If you could add two bosses, who would they be?

Perkilator

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want the Eggman Robot boss from the end of Sonic 2 for sure. It's not Eggman itself but it is a pudgy robot of Eggman that I think is the perfect size and has several attacks to match the type of bosses we fight in Ultimate. I always thought the Scornet Maestro boss of Pikmin 3 would work well in Smash. Because you've got to chip away at a wall of bees in order to approach the boss proper, but because Smash is a 2D game it may be a boss that's too easy for characters have good jumping ability and too hard for characters that do not. Alternatively the Quaggled Mireclops may also work, since his gimmick is attacking his feet to stagger him so he dips low enough that the game allows you jump up his body to attack his weakpoint. I always like bosses where the player makes an opening rather than waits for openings. And a boss that you have to climb sounds unique too.

Porky Minch, so he can be the boss of Lucas and Ness's campaigns. Might even pull a "Luigi fights Dracula" sort of joke and make him Wario's boss as well, or Wii Fit Trainer's. Old dude could really use some exercise, I mean, it's probably been thousands of years since the last time he used his legs.

For the second boss, Andross would work wonders for Fox and Falco. Perhaps Wolf as well, even though Wolf is usually on his side. I guess he is an assist trophy already, but you could make his boss form be his more modern "monkey head" incarnations as opposed to his SNES form.

On 2/18/2019 at 2:01 AM, Etrurian emperor said:

Hades from Kid Icarus. We absolutely need more Hades in our gaming lives. Him as a playable character would be a bit of a stretch but he would work nicely as a huge stage boss. 

And maybe Doctor Eggman? We already got Sonic so we might as well have his nemesis.

Hades needs to take up Ridley's mantle as the #NotTooBig candidate.

As for me, I'm not sure why, but I've always wanted Revolver Ocelot to be a boss in Smash Bros. I guess I just like the idea of a smaller boss that shoots at you that you have to chase, a bit like Dracula's first form (only with more vertical movement potential to make use of his ability to aim).

Aside from that rather weird desire, I guess a Queen Metroid would be pretty cool to fight in a Smash setting.

Edited by Jotari

I would like to see Rayquaza returns as boss. He would be an easy Pokémon boss to bring back since he was a boss in Brawl. Also, he would definitely have a phase where Rayquaza Mega Evolves.

As for the other I guess Kraid from Metroid. Since Ridley is playable now Kraid is probably the next most iconic boss from the Metroid series. They even have a model for him in Smash already since he is in the background for Brinstar Depths.

Hades from Kid Icarus Uprising is a no brainer pick. He's got the size, he's got the powers, and most importantly he's got the witty personality. Why this hasn't already happened yet is beyond me. I also really want Rayquaza to return from Subspace Emissary and to be honest I don't really know why. I guess Rayquaza just makes a really good boss, easily one of the most intimidating Pokemon for sure.

On ‎26‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 2:26 AM, Leocanta said:

King DeDeDe. Because reasons. 

I don't know if you know this or not, but he's already in the game as one of the playable fighters.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

• 2 weeks later...

King Boo! He'd fit in right alongside Giga Bowser. I know both are from the same franchise, but yeah.

My second choice would be Giratina. Coolest big legendary Pokemon and would fit as a boss because it's kinda antagonistic to begin with.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, how about Seath the Scaleless (Dark Souls) for Light, and Darkrai for Dark?

This originally had the Magician, but then I remembered he’s in the OP.

Edited by Perkilator

Honestly, probably Dr. Wily and Eggman. They're two of video gaming's classic bad guys! And goodness knows they've designed more than enough boss mechs, I would have taken one of those over Galleom. Though you know, given Smash's nature as a crossover series, I think I'd enjoy some boss team-ups, like Wily and Eggman co-piloting a mech a la Worlds Collide, or Captain Syrup, Risky Boots, and Tron Bonne forming a notorious pirate lady trio. Saves on boss slots and allows more room for fan service.

Edited by Lord_Brand

I thinking Medeus or Grima from Fire Emblem series should be the Fire Emblem series boss in future Super Smash Bros. title since we definitely need one. And Hades from Kid Icarus since he's pretty much a giant in Kid Icarus Uprising for future Super Smash Bros. title as well.

Edited by King Marth 64

1 hour ago, Perkilator said:

Hey, I just realized; Meta Ridley can still work as a returning boss. If Giga Bowser and Ganon could do it, then so can Meta Ridley IMO.

Meta Ridley is a palette swap though. They'd be better off giving us Omega Ridley. Robot Ridley could work either. Really Mother Brain should be a boss. I know she's an assist trophy, but that's just her brain form. Her mech form could make a good boss, especially if they make so she can only be damaged on her head so you have to jump to reach her while that's precisely where most of her dangerous attacks come from. On the Metroid train, as someone mentioned earlier I think, Kraid could make for a great Smash boss.