If you could add two bosses, who would they be?

Perkilator

Ultra Necrozma. Why was this thing not a boss in the world of Light?

On 3/13/2019 at 1:10 PM, Anacybele said:

King Boo! He'd fit in right alongside Giga Bowser. I know both are from the same franchise, but yeah.

My second choice would be Giratina. Coolest big legendary Pokemon and would fit as a boss because it's kinda antagonistic to begin with.

I remember reading somewhere that Giratina was considered to be an antagonist for the Subspace Emissary due to the lack of villians, but I guess it didn't make the cut. On a related note, why was the Reverse World not a stage? It would be so cool to walk on walls and disobey the laws of physics.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could go on & on about the list of characters I want to see, but I personally think the best choices would be a SMGT boss & Giygas.

I want to see what they would look like in our current gen's graphics

8 hours ago, ZeManaphy said:

Ultra Necrozma. Why was this thing not a boss in the world of Light?

I remember reading somewhere that Giratina was considered to be an antagonist for the Subspace Emissary due to the lack of villians, but I guess it didn't make the cut. On a related note, why was the Reverse World not a stage? It would be so cool to walk on walls and disobey the laws of physics.

Aw man, that stinks. And yeah, that would've been a cool stage!

On 4/13/2019 at 8:21 AM, Lord_Brand said:

How about Giovanni as a boss? Battle the original Pokemon villain's team of Persian, Dugtrio, Nidoqueen, Nidoking, and Rhydon!

Eh, i feel like that’s a bit too complicated to work as a boss.

On 4/15/2019 at 5:49 AM, Perkilator said:

Eh, i feel like that’s a bit too complicated to work as a boss.

It'd basically be a gauntlet boss battle, kinda like Dracula, but with five phases instead of two.

You could also try Rival (Blue) as the boss, with a full team of six Pokemon: Tauros, Alakazam, Rhydon, Exeggutor, Arcanine, and Gyarados.

1. King Ashnard: 

He appears in a stage based on Crimea Castle in the final chapter of Path of Radiance. He is riding his mount Rajaion. He can only take damage if he is struck; striking Rajaion will do nothing. He is usually stationary, and Rajaion's body faces the audience while Ashnard and Rajaion's head face the player character. His attacks include:

• A downward swing with his sword Gurgurant. 
  • A dark breath attack unleashed by Rajaion. 
  • A leaping attack where Rajaion leaps from one side of the stage to the other. 

When defeated the first time, he touches Lehran's Medallion and transforms; giving his attacks a boost and raising his aggression.

2. Grima:

Grima is the stage. Possessed Robin flies around the stage like Tabuu, and you damage Grima by hitting Possessed Robin. His attacks include:

• A Fel Breath attack done by Grima's head in the background. 
  • Stage Tilt: Grima tilts himself hoping to get you off of his back.

11 minutes ago, Perkilator said:

Because Xerneas is more of a good guy whereas Yveltal is more of a bad guy.

Huh. I played Pokémon Y, and Yveltal did not strike me as a bad guy; Yveltal struck me as more of a living representation of stuff like forest fires: an unfortunate but necessary part of natural processes to pave the way for the next generation (i.e. death that paves the way for the next batch of life). Plus, it was clear that it did not like the idea of being used as a WMD by Team Flare; probably because Team Flare wanted the permanent extinction of Pokémon as well as a massive unnatural culling of humanity. 

2 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Huh. I played Pokémon Y, and Yveltal did not strike me as a bad guy; Yveltal struck me as more of a living representation of stuff like forest fires: an unfortunate but necessary part of natural processes to pave the way for the next generation (i.e. death that paves the way for the next batch of life). Plus, it was clear that it did not like the idea of being used as a WMD by Team Flare; probably because Team Flare wanted the permanent extinction of Pokémon as well as a massive unnatural culling of humanity. 

Wow, that was...a good point, but it felt needlessly harsh to me. Shall we move on? No offense to your point, I don't want this to become an Yveltal discussion.

1 hour ago, Perkilator said:

Wow, that was...a good point, but it felt needlessly harsh to me. Shall we move on? No offense to your point, I don't want this to become an Yveltal discussion.

I'm sorry; I did not mean in any way to seem harsh. Sorry if that's how it came across. Communication is not my strong point (I have high-functioning autism).

11 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Is that Monster Hunter boss evil though? I didn't really see being evil as a requirement to be a boss in The World of Light. After all, someone else is controlling all these characters at the end of the day.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Is that Monster Hunter boss evil though? I didn't really see being evil as a requirement to be a boss in The World of Light. After all, someone else is controlling all these characters at the end of the day.

I didn't say being evil was a requirement for a boss. I was just responding to what Perkilator said about Xerneas being more of a good guy and Yveltal being more of a bad guy when I asked "Why not have both Xerneas and Yveltal (for the boss fight)?"

4 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

I didn't say being evil was a requirement for a boss. I was just responding to what Perkilator said about Xerneas being more of a good guy and Yveltal being more of a bad guy when I asked "Why not have both Xerneas and Yveltal (for the boss fight)?"

Well clearly I'm only half following the conversation.

5 hours ago, Perkilator said:

Okay, back to the topic at hand:

What would you guys think of Black Kyurem (Dark) and White Kyurem (Light)?

I don't think Black and White Kyurem would work like that. Even though Reshiram and Zekrom are inspired by Yang and Yin, the game describes them as opposing forces that matched in power but are separated by beliefs, which are subjective. In general hard to classify Pokemon as evil, since GF tries to make every Pokemon feel like a sympathetic creature. The closet would be Necrozma USM, who is shown as the source of all the trouble, yet the game still gives you the impression that we have to help it.

40 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

I don't think Black and White Kyurem would work like that. Even though Reshiram and Zekrom are inspired by Yang and Yin, the game describes them as opposing forces that matched in power but are separated by beliefs, which are subjective. In general hard to classify Pokemon as evil, since GF tries to make every Pokemon feel like a sympathetic creature. The closet would be Necrozma USM, who is shown as the source of all the trouble, yet the game still gives you the impression that we have to help it.

Ah, okay.

Crap…I think I’ve got creative block.

6 hours ago, ZeManaphy said:

And despite that the Dark type is called the Evil type in Japan.

• 3 weeks later...

Wait! I’ve returned with a unique idea: King of the Storm/Nameless King from Dark Souls 3 (without blood!)

Attacks are mostly the same as the game of origin, but during the first phase, the Nameless King has an attack where he gets far away and shoots lightning bolts from his spear. A recovery item is provided between the two phases.