Warning to SFers - Someone is Impersonating Me on Fanfiction.net

Anacybele

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all this support. I wasn't sure how much I could get due to my past. I'd understand it too, because I'd be wary about someone with an iffy past as well, though that may be due to my difficulty in trusting people these days.

That argument in the Greil's Devoted thread wasn't even really much of an argument either... I mean, it definitely wasn't on the level of some experiences I'd had in the past, I can tell you that. It was more of a debate that just went on for too long and was beating a dead horse (because the topic of Ike's sexuality has been discussed quite enough really).

Edited by Anacybele

I'm on AO3 too, username is PurpleMage. Unfortunately I haven't found the time to write lately, other things are taking up my time...

Also, last night I tried to rally support on Discord, but was met with some backlash. People can be quite rude sometimes, even to people in times of crisis. Once again, let's hope this issue is resolved as quickly as possible.

Edited by Purple Mage

Ahh! Dammit what a douche, why would someone do this. Also sorry but I fell for it thinking you were trolling, this is Pengaius BTW, not that that means too much based on that I don't know you well enough to not fall for it. Commiserations and apologies for falling for this dumb prank. 

Edited by ArkisLover❤️

6 hours ago, Purple Mage said:

I'm on AO3 too, username is PurpleMage. Unfortunately I haven't found the time to write lately, other things are taking up my time...

Also, last night I tried to rally support on Discord, but was met with some backlash. People can be quite rude sometimes, even to people in times of crisis. Once again, let's hope this issue is resolved as quickly as possible.

Really? Man, that's so lame. Screw those people then, I guess.

So, did a quick wander into your post history - maybe there would be clues there.  From what I gather, it's one of four things:

1. It's some argument and it's way in the past.
2. Someone decided to make that account for some other reason.
3. It has to do with some GHB/LHB map.
4. You really offended people with your choice of chicken nugget dipping sauce.

Since I think the last two are much slimmer possibilities, I'd probably go with the second option.  And whoever did it got bored or something.  Still, hope FF actually nukes that account, especially if it's against their rules.

Edited by eclipse
I CAN MATH

8 hours ago, eclipse said:

So, did a quick wander into your post history - maybe there would be clues there.  From what I gather, it's one of four things:

1. It's some argument and it's way in the past.
2. Someone decided to make that account for some other reason.
3. It has to do with some GHB/LHB map.
4. You really offended people with your choice of chicken nugget dipping sauce.

Since I think the last two are much slimmer possibilities, I'd probably go with the second option.  And whoever did it got bored or something.  Still, hope FF actually nukes that account, especially if it's against their rules.

But eclipse, how can barbecue sauce be so offensive?! D:

On a more serious note, yeah, you're probably right and I also hope the account is deleted asap.

If I'm to be honest though, one part of me actually does find it funny, but a bigger part of me still feels it's an insult.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

But eclipse, how can barbecue sauce be so offensive?! D:

MFW Ana has better taste in nugget sauce by choosing the superior BBQ sauce to Dcat's honey mustard.

Anyway, I'm also gonna pop in here and say that I still continue to trust ff.net with my stuff for plenty of reasons. I think the troll account isn't the fault of the site per say, but more of the user behind it who wanted to attack.

3 minutes ago, Purple Mage said:

MFW Ana has better taste in nugget sauce by choosing the superior BBQ sauce to Dcat's honey mustard.

Anyway, I'm also gonna pop in here and say that I still continue to trust ff.net with my stuff for plenty of reasons. I think the troll account isn't the fault of the site per say, but more of the user behind it who wanted to attack.

I like honey mustard on my hot dogs though, tbh... :P

Fair point, but this incident is kind of the last straw for me. Imo, ff.net just seems to attract the wrong crowd and has mostly crappy fics anyway. I also don't get much real critique there.

5 minutes ago, Purple Mage said:

*plugs ears* lalalala...

But this isn't the place for a nugget sauce debate.

Also yeah, FF.net isn't the best place. AO3 has actual mods.

Edited by Dragoncat

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Fair point, but this incident is kind of the last straw for me. Imo, ff.net just seems to attract the wrong crowd and has mostly crappy fics anyway. I also don't get much real critique there.

Oh, I see. So I guess my reviews and fics aren't good enough for you. XP

9 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Oh, I see. So I guess my reviews and fics aren't good enough for you. XP

I hope you're joking, dude, I wasn't specifically talking about one person. xP And I didn't even know you reviewed my stuff there.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I hope you're joking, dude, I wasn't specifically talking about one person. xP And I didn't even know you reviewed my stuff there.

I was joking, but I hope that you are joking about not knowing that I reviewed your stuff. I reviewed your Ike/Elincia fic. XD

6 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I was joking, but I hope that you are joking about not knowing that I reviewed your stuff. I reviewed your Ike/Elincia fic. XD

No, I'm not joking about that, sorry. xP I must not have recognized you on the site.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I just looked, and...you're right, yeah. But these reviews are from two years ago, no wonder I don't remember. xP

True. Well, more like less than a year and a half. It was on November 2017, and this is February 2019. 

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

True. But yeah, not everyone and everything in FFN is bad. There are some that are trolls out there, though.

True, and I won't actually delete my stories or anything, I will just no longer update them there. With the exception of one because it only needs one more chapter and then it's finished.

Well, just an update because I noticed, but that account changed their name to a horribly misspelled "Fire Emblem fangirl" and is keeping up the garbage work, so at least their not impersonating you anymore. 

Well I'm glad I things are working out for you ana. I ran into that account a while back while doing some browsing didn't look at the username just ignored it cause the story was so trash I didn't even bother but yeesh the things some people will do for attention. Anywho I'm also on Ao3 great place all things considered(Username is Otts486) though I wish I could get more criticism when I post there. *shrug* what can ya do. Anyway I'll try and do my part in all of this. Good luck. 

Edited by Ottservia

3 hours ago, ArkisLover❤️ said:

Well, just an update because I noticed, but that account changed their name to a horribly misspelled "Fire Emblem fangirl" and is keeping up the garbage work, so at least their not impersonating you anymore. 

Well that implicates whoever it was saw this topic. But that doesn't help much. It was a hot topic two consecutive days. So basically that narrows it down to anyone who was on the site the past two days. Not that it matters so much now that the name's changed.