So About Byleths Father, Jeralt...

Hawkwing

Will he live or die?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Will he live or die?

• He's a-gonna die.
    • It'll look like he's going to die, but they'll end up subverting the cliche.
    • He'll "die", but then he'll come back in some way.
    • He's going to be present throughout a good amount of the story.
    • He won't die, but he won't be involved much in the overall story.
    • He'll be a normal unit, so it's in the players hands.
    • Zombie Jeralt!
    • Other
  2. 2. Will he be playable?

• I already said he's gonna die!
    • He'll be a normal unit.
    • He'll be the Jeigan of the game.
    • He'll be the Gotoh of the game.
    • He won't be playable.
    • He won't be playable, but he'll be involved in the story.
    • He's going to be a New Game + reward
    • Other

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's basically been confirmed that he's not going to die, at least not early. Famitsu scans said he returns to his former title of knight when Byleth/Bylese is made a teacher. So I'm thinking if he dies, it'll be much later in the story. But it also sounds to me like he could easily be the game's Jagen, so I'm voting that option.

I hope he doesn't die though, that's been done enough in this series.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

It's basically been confirmed that he's not going to die, at least not early. Famitsu scans said he returns to his former title of knight when Byleth/Bylese is made a teacher. So I'm thinking if he dies, it'll be much later in the story. But it also sounds to me like he could easily be the game's Jagen, so I'm voting that option.

Yeah, make him be something like Eliwood, one of the few fathers that DON'T die.

With their track record especially recently(albiet a spin-off) it's not looking so well for him. It would be cool if a very tiny miracle he'll be fine especially with the romancing elements it'd be cute if he congratulated you for finding a lover through all the hell I'm sure we'll go through. If he indeed bites the dust I hope its not VERY early into the game at least until the "things start to get real" phase and he has a really good backstory like how he met your mother, who she is and other things about his exploits(of course assuming he actually is our father and not a similar role like Mycen but we'll see soon).

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Somehow I forgot about that bit of info. I guess Jerry will live longer than expected.

But yeah, not only is it done to death but it'd be pointless to waste drama like that on the Avatar.

2 hours ago, Guest Lae said:

With their track record especially recently(albiet a spin-off) it's not looking so well for him. It would be cool if a very tiny miracle he'll be fine especially with the romancing elements it'd be cute if he congratulated you for finding a lover through all the hell I'm sure we'll go through. If he indeed bites the dust I hope its not VERY early into the game at least until the "things start to get real" phase and he has a really good backstory like how he met your mother, who she is and other things about his exploits(of course assuming he actually is our father and not a similar role like Mycen but we'll see soon).

Agree on all that, the part you mention would be a cute thing too! 

10 hours ago, Flere210 said:

A character from sacred stone that really looks like an adult Edward.

Ah. Okay. 

Spoiler

Now that you mention it, he does look a bit like adult Edward/young Hohenheim. 

10 hours ago, Anacybele said:

That's interesting. Why would someone join an order of knights, leave an order of knights to become leader of a mercenary group, and then re-join the same order of knights; presumably a number of years after leaving? Sounds like there's a story reason for why; perhaps trying to uncover something suspicious that's happening?

But yeah, I hope he doesn't die. The protagonist has already lost a mother; does the dad really need to also get killed off?

8 hours ago, Guest Lae said:

That would be cute. To add to that, one thing that would be hilarious would be if, in a conversation with Byleth's s-supported character, he acted like an overprotective dad; giving a speech about his mercenary company and history as a knight in such a way that it terrifies the character, only for him to then laugh and reveal that he's just messing with them. "Ha-ha-ha. Sorry about that; it's an old tradition among fathers."