New Heroes: Kitsune and Wolfskin

Anacybele

Nice to see a Fates banner that doesn't cause people to become very salty or bring the worst out of them. Still, I could care less about beast units so this banner is easy to ignore and I can continue stocking up orbs. Next month should also be very easy for me to save orbs since the only new banners will be that Binding Blade banner and Spring 2019 seasonal.

Was surprised they decided to put the all of Fates beast characters together on one banner and not spread them out considering IS's love of Fates. Figured they would of had a Hoshidan banner with Kaden and Selkie earlier in the year and a Nohrian banner with Keaton and Velouria later this year. Though I guess beasts are still the hot new thing right now and if CYL means anything people have been wanting the 3DS beasts plus it gets them out of the way now.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

So I just realized Velouria's weapon is the solution for "I want to use Special Spiral, but I can't get a high-cooldown Special to activate on round 1".

So now any infantry with a Slaying weapon can do Navarre and Ophelia's AoE spam.

Ostian pulse, infantry pulse, quick pulse stacking exist so you could already do that and it’ll even work in Arena and Aether Raids but I guess Velouria makes the requirement easier to meet.

———————

Ugh, noooo. Why did Keaton have to appear now? I’m still not finished with the Valentines Banner to pour orbs into this.

I’m so excited Panne made it in but blue is the worse color for me since I have both Nasaela and Nailah already. Welp, mono-color beast emblem here I come.

I wonder if anyone will end up demoting this time around. My bet is Velouria since her kit seems the most unimpressive thus far compared to the rest.

Hey, I'm finally in the game! :p

Well, that leaves Yarne as the remaining 3DS beast unit. There aren't any more of them, right? It's just Panne and Yarne in Awakening where Panne showed up at the end of the trailer and is weirdly a GHB unit and Kaden, Keaton, Selkie, and Velouria in Fates. I really have no idea why Panne is a GHB. We never fight her in Awakening unlike Yarne who you can accidentally kill if you align with the Riders of Dawn. Well, whatever.

Selkie is definitely not being demoted considering she has full passives, introduced the first Sabotage skill, and her Foxkit Fang is kind of like a resistance version of Giga Excalibur, Raven King Claw, and Vassal's Blade, but if it granted boosts to the user's stats up to +8 instead of letting them do at most 7 damage. Keaton is also probably not going to be demoted considering he has Special Spiral, introduced Beast Valor, and has a Meisterfang for his personal beast weapon while Velouria's Wolfpup Fang having Quickened Pulse 2 that also works on her support partner is probably something too good to give away. That leaves Kaden who might be the demote which if it happens means that we've had two green beast demotes and two blue beast GHBs. Part of me feels like there might not even be a demote, but that's just me being a pessimist. Anyway, Kaden would be a great support buddy and regular Eirika, regular Ephraim, Helbindi, Nino with her unique refined tome, the Robins with their unique refined tomes, Seth with his unique refined Silverbrand, and Titania with her unique refined Draconic Axe come to mind as non-beast units he'd be able to work very well with as he would be able to get a bunch of field buffs from them and spread them further than normal.

Velouria would work very well with M!Corrin as his unique refined Yato would grant her Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 in combat if she's 2 spaces within him on top of whatever support bonuses they reached with each other and Wolfpup Fang would charge their specials on turn one by being support buddies. Otherwise, anyone using Special Spiral like Ares who has Special Spiral on his Dark Mystletainn, vanguard Ike, Lewyn, Lilina, Ophelia who can get her special charged through other means, and her dad. Additionally, Miracle Saber and Seliph.

46 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

Personally I'm really curious about what Keaton's Atk stat is going to be, because Draconic Aura hints at it being fairly high, and with his weapon + Velouria support + Special Spiral he might be able to slot in Heavy Blade to launch 4-turn specials right out of the gate.

Keaton did 31 damage to the red manakete, so +15 damage to what he would have normally done against her, 16 damage. Draconic Aura adds 30%, rounded down, of the unit's attack to their damage. For him to have Draconic Aura add 15 damage, he'd need at least 50 total attack and at most 53 total attack as 54 total attack would mean 16 damage from DA. That also lets us guess how much defense the red manakete had as he's doing neutral damage against her. She has around 34 to 37 defense in this case. The case is if he wasn't transformed because Wolfskin Fang has a Wo Dao effect, deal 10 damage when special triggers, when he's transformed and would be treated as if it had 11 Mt instead of 9 Mt. This also assumes no attack buffs of any kind were on Keaton. For him to have gotten 15 damage from DA and while not transformed with a 9 Mt weapon, his base attack would need to be really high. Keaton would need 41 to 44 base attack. The latter is crazy since the highest base neutral attack is 41 which Halloween Dorcas, winter Ephraim, and GD Greil have.

If he was transformed, then 10 of the damage he dealt from activating DA came from the Wo Dao effect meaning he only got 5 damage from DA. You'd need 17 total attack to get 5 damage from DA. I doubt the manakete had 1 defense.

Edited by Kaden

Keaton must've spent the last two years on a steady diet of sent-home Reinhardts to get those Meisterschwert claws. I wonder how he'll compare to Swordhardt...

I really hope Kaden demotes, since I wanna team him up with Eirika, Triple Tactic Seth, and a Blue Infantry unit with RES Tactic 3 so she can get +23 in every stat (+6 from all Tactics on Eirika, +6 from all Tactics on Kaden thanks to Seiglinde's effect, +6 from all Tactics on Kaden thanks to Kitsune Claw's effect, +2 because S Support, +3 from Spur ATK/SPD 2 & Spur DEF/RES 2). I can't see Keaton demoting at all thanks to his Meisterschwert claws, Selkie has too many skills to demote, and Velouria's weapon is just way too good to demote (it gives us the ability to do stuff like Ares/Eldigan with always-on Bonfire, literally anyone with It's Curtains...+/Ouch Pouch+ being able to Turn-1 AOE (and Infantry/Armored units with these weapons being able to Special Spiral back down to 2 CD after combat, running Heavy/Flashing Blade or Desperation-while-in-Desperation-range (both of the above would be necessary for those without Special Spiral) to get the other 2 out of the way during combat so that they can effectively always have AOE), Navarre being able to Turn-1 Aether/Galeforce/Miracle (not sure how useful these would be, but hey, he could do it with Velouria's assistance), Merric/Ishtar/Navarre being able to insta-AOE people in the face with either Quickened Pulse Seal or a higher-HP Infantry Pulse ally (in the case of Ishtar/Navarre, that could probably be Velouria, not so sure about Merric tho), combining with Grandscratcher+ to give Black Knight/Zelgius instant access to Black Luna, combining with Grandscratcher+, Special Spiral, Heavy Blade Seal and an Infantry Pulse ally to give Lilina an always-ready AOE Special, combining with Reinhardt to instantly have Moonbow ready on his first combat without running Quickened Pulse so he could run something else (or keep Quickened Pulse and switch to first-strike Luna, or ditch Quickened Pulse and have second-strike Luna), Saber being able to insta-charge Bonfire before ever seeing combat so he can get Golden Dagger's special effect and then use Special Spiral to perma-charge his Bonfire, Fjorm being able to pre-charge Ice Mirror without Shield Pulse so she could free up her B Slot, Legendary/Valentine's Ike being able to have Radiant Aether available for every counterattack when combined with Warding Breath and Special Spiral, I'm sure there are other things I'm not thinking of at the moment) so I don't expect her to fall and thus expect to see Kaden in the 4-Star pool after this banner ends by process of elimination (though I've been wrong about this before).

Panne being a GHB is unexpected, but not unwelcome. Looking forward to her.

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

Congratulations!

10 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

I really hope Kaden demotes

Hey, I'd like to keep my current salary and position in the company, thank you very much. :p

For those wondering, my usernamesake isn't Kaden from Fates. Coincidentally, I just chose Kaden to be my username.

10 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

and a Blue Infantry unit with RES Tactic 3

If it was just any blue unit with Res Tactic and if Kaden wasn't a cavalry unit movement-wise, the beautiful princess of peerless beauty would be a great option. Considering Eirika, Kaden, and Seth would all be doing physical damage, a dragon or mage would be a good idea. Or go with a non-cavalry healer.

Edited by Kaden

30 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Ostian pulse, infantry pulse, quick pulse stacking exist so you could already do that and it’ll even work in Arena and Aether Raids but I guess Velouria makes the requirement easier to meet.

Ostian Pulse and Infantry Pulse require specific team compositions (and require two teammates with the skill for the equivalent effect), whereas Velouria's weapon just requires Velouria. As long as she and her support partner are in the same team, they'll always get the bonus regardless of the other members.

Quickened Pulse prevents you from running Hardy Bearing, which is somewhat of a requirement for AoE spam in Aether Raids.

29 minutes ago, Kaden said:

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Hey, I'd like to keep my current salary and position in the company, thank you very much. :p

Best responses.

I wouldn't discount the possibility of multiple demotes - enough people complained about the lack of them in year 2, and we know that there's around a 6-month lead time on unit designs for FEH to produce all the assets, so it's conceivable they could be starting to act on those complaints now.

3 minutes ago, Reiska said:

I wouldn't discount the possibility of multiple demotes - enough people complained about the lack of them in year 2, and we know that there's around a 6-month lead time on unit designs for FEH to produce all the assets, so it's conceivable they could be starting to act on those complaints now.

Inb4 all 3 of the 4-skill units demote.

I'm pretty shocked at seeing yet another Fates banner. They've really cranked it up since October, and I would much rather see other games being represented now, but at least these characters are new and many have waited a long time for them. Seeing people's reaction to Selkie's voice is also fun. 

Surprised at just how powerful the weapons seem to be. I expected Selkie to be super strong, but Keaton seems very good as well. Hopefully Velouria demotes. 

10 minutes ago, Thane said:

I'm pretty shocked at seeing yet another Fates banner.

With beasts being the new big thing, it was kind of expected to get a set of 3DS beasts in the near future. Considering we just get Tellius, and the 4 Fates beasts plus Panne have consistently placed Top 100 in CYL (Velouria was the lowest of the 5 in CYL 2 at 54, Kaden in CYL 3 at 71), a Fates beasts banner was pretty much guaranteed to drop soon. If not now, then it definitely would have dropped sometime before summer to keep the beast hype going.

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

With beasts being the new big thing, it was kind of expected to get a set of 3DS beasts in the near future. Considering we just get Tellius, and the 4 Fates beasts plus Panne have consistently placed Top 100 in CYL (Velouria was the lowest of the 5 in CYL 2 at 54, Kaden in CYL 3 at 71), a Fates beasts banner was pretty much guaranteed to drop soon. If not now, then it definitely would have dropped sometime before summer to keep the beast hype going.

Oh sure, I agree with that, but we've had a metaphorical downpour of Fates recently and it frustrates me. I'd almost take Sain over this. But, I am happy for the people who have waited for these units, so I'll just wait another month for Cynthia. 

9 minutes ago, Thane said:

Oh sure, I agree with that, but we've had a metaphorical downpour of Fates recently and it frustrates me. I'd almost take Sain over this. But, I am happy for the people who have waited for these units, so I'll just wait another month for Cynthia. 

If 2 banners in a 4-month span somehow counts as a downpour, sure. You know, compared to 2 Tellius banners less than 1 month apart from each other.

Con, it's Fatesawakening again. Pro, it's 5 new names in the games again from the CYL3 Top 100, cool sprite animations and another unit with Special Spiral. I gave the trailer an upvote.

But out of the 4 units on the banner, 3 of them has a skillset with 4 skills, so calling the demote is difficult. Velouira or Keaton drop would be pretty cool though.

Also, I'll review the units when the stats are out. Let me know if you are interested.

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If 2 banners in a 4-month span somehow counts as a downpour, sure. You know, compared to 2 Tellius banners less than 1 month apart from each other.

I was thinking of the Ophelia banner, Adrift, Lazura, hot springs, and now Fateslandia Beasts. No need for the sass, my boy. 

2 hours ago, Kaden said:

You'd best pull yourself!   Or else! :P:

Will most likely go for red, since that's the only color I'm missing (managed to pull Leanne somehow, Naesala/Panne should do it for blue, and Reyson being demoted means that he's in my barracks).  May end up diving for Kaden for. . .other reasons. . .tee-hee~!

Oh gods my biggest dream and worst nightmare came true: all the Fates Beasts on one banner and all of their art is great. Rip V!Ike and V!Mist, I need all of these.

Bless the gods for no color sharing, at least I won't get a repeat of 3 NY!Gunnthra and 3 Greil. Though I wouldn't have minded multiples of any of these to be sure, but I reaalllly want a team with all four of them. And since two of them are Cavalry I could make it a tactics team too :D Though the foxes being cavalry is kinda weird, I mean it makes sense that they get more movement, but foxes not being able to go through forests??? Would've been better if they just gained more movement on transforming imo, though I guess they didn't want a repeat of the bird beast skill.

Kinda annoyed that the free beast is again blue, but I'll take any free beast so ok fine. I do love Panne, I hope her art is just as top notch as all of the rest :D That said, I hope they update the chibi site again so we get Panne's art early + I want chibi art of all of them.

As for demotes, I'm afraid to hope for any of them. Velouria and Kaden seem most likely and if that's the case then I'm hoping for Velouria the most. But I can definitely see none of them demoting :(

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Inb4 all 3 of the 4-skill units demote.

Yes please

Seriously though, I would be the happiest person alive if both Kaden and Velouria demoted. Though tbf I've yet to see any Reyson so those +10 projects would probably take ages anyway.

Glad to see them (and I like all characters' art for once), won't pull for them, I still have my seasonal Tellius kids to get~

4 hours ago, Jave said:

Velouria is from Velour, which is a plushy fabric similar to velvet.

Not just similar but the exact same thing, 'velours' is french for velvet. (Unless it actually is a different fabric in english, in which case nevermind.)

I did’t expect a banner trailer even I woke, but I did expect to see this one eventually.

Keaton and velouria look really cool, but their garbage obsession swallowed their character so i’m not too big of a fan.

Selkie sounds like someone who starts te get annoying quick.

I like Kaden though so maybe I will try on him.

Also yikes at those weapon descriptions.

Edited by Sasori

You know, I am not surprised. With that, Fates is done too (With their beasts).

Keaton is.... alright? He's red, his weapon has a brave effect (Meisterschwert style), he's got Nailah's effect for transformation and he's also got DA, Special Spiral and Beast Valour (So he's not going down). Velouria is blue Colourless, her weapon gives her spd +3 and cooldown on turn 1 to herself and her support partner and she also has Luna, Close Def and Ward beasts (Is she about to drop?). Kaden's green, his weapon gives Def +3, doubles ally's stat boosts and while transformed decreases enemies' Atk/Def by 4 and pervents them doubling and he's got Pivot, Spd/Res Link and Goad Beasts (I'm a bit mixed on his weapon, the transformed effect's great but I can't tell how useful the regular effect would be). Selkie is Colourless Blue, her weapon has Res +3, raises her stats by up to 50% of her opponent's differences with hers (to the maximum of 8!) with hers if she's got 3 or more Res than them and if they're melee units and her transformed effect is Kaden's (So she's ridiculous) and she has Iceberg, Atk/Spd Bond, Even Res Wave and her new Sabotage Atk (which reduces Atk on an enemy when they have less res and are next to an ally) (No way she drops). On another note I want to shut her up, christ that voice hits just right on pissing me off.

And at the end, Panne's here..... for some reason (She's going to be crap isn't she?). Either way, her likely GHB isn't going to play. Selkie's nuts, I might consider her after the other banners but man that voice is super grating.

Edited by Dayni

3 hours ago, ILikeKirbys said:

I really hope Kaden demotes, since I wanna team him up with Eirika, Triple Tactic Seth, and a Blue Infantry unit with RES Tactic 3 so she can get +23 in every stat 

That's a great idea. Kaden is a great ally support to Eirika.

I believe this idea works with Legendary Marth too.

Edit: Also, we are getting a Forging Bonds Event, so Free Summon Tickets for this banner.

Edited by Diovani Bressan