New Heroes: Kitsune and Wolfskin

Anacybele

Oof. Thank Naga I decided to stop trying for Mist after Greil came to block her.

I need all the orbs to get my beloved Little Red Riding Hood. 

To all people complaining about another Fates banner: it's only fair for Selkie to be added immediatly, since she was robbed harder than any Marth or Anna. She didn't "technically" win like them, she just won plain and simple. So her fans deserve this.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want Kaden to be the demoted unit. He will be my next +10 project if it happens.

He will be great on my cavalry team, and since my cavalry team uses Hone/Fortify Cavalry, he will be very useful.

And having another Green demotion would be amazing for me, since I want to +10 Reyson too.

So this turns out to be a pretty refreshing banner here. It's got a pretty charming and different cast of characters. I've never played Fates but my first impression of these characters is a rather good one. As for the units, if I was going to pull it would probably be for Selkie and Keaton as they seem the most powerful, but Kaden is by far my favorite of the bunch. He's the most charming, has the coolest look and the nicest art.

Between the 4 of them I'll be surprised if Valouria doesn't demote. Kaden has a link skill and is a cavalry beast with the Goad Beasts skill. Valouria has a beast version of a weapon we just got for free through Towel Camilla and she has Close DEF which has long since stopped being a premium skill. Sure she has the ward skill, but that's no real indication of rarity value. It took us forever to get Ward Fliers until Shigure came along and Goad was available for the longest, but it was the reverse when it came to armors where Goads were only on OG Hector until LA!Eliwood came along. So it could go either way.

Ultimately this banner is a safe skip for me. I like all the characters and would love to have them as units. But I have no attachment to them as characters and between the coming legendary banner, the anniversary banner and the subsequent FE6 banner that's going to come the 2nd week of March? I can't afford to halfheartedly spend orbs.

Here's hoping Valouria demotes. Though I wish both she and Kaden would.

People: "See, this is why I hate videogames. It appeals to the male fantasy"

Keaton: *exists*

Me: "Are you sure about that?"

But seriously, as much as I'm happy for you people who wanted this, you lost the right to complain about female fanservice now.

If someone makes a ruckus about Ishtar's very revealing bunny costume next month I will be annoyed.

2 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

But seriously, as much as I'm happy for you people who wanted this, you lost the right to complain about female fanservice now.

If someone makes a ruckus about Ishtar's very revealing bunny costume next month I will be annoyed.

Nah, I'll still complain about female fanservice.  What are you going to do about it?

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

@Dayni You switched Velouria's and Selkie's colors.

Yikes, my bad.

That does bring Selkie down a little as she shares colours with both free units (and if Panne's like Naesala she'll at least be alright) and Nailah. Still, that does leave the question of who drops a bit more open: Kaden or Velouria?

Edit: Turns out Kaden and Selkie are cavs. Which pretty much confirms Velouria's getting demoted out of this lot imo and means that Kaden works amazingly with Eirika after all. Honestly that might have raised him up in my book.

Edited by Dayni

1 hour ago, GrandeRampel said:

One guy exists and so we can not complain... uh huh. Yup, that's how it works. One female in a revealing outfit would stop guys complaining if guys all went around in speedos in video games Oo

Not sure if you're trolling here? Most seasonal banners have had a fanservice guy on them - it's more the lack of guys than anything now that gets annoying, since we often get one compared to four girls. Plus the sometimes very uncomfortable looking poses... 

Plus there's a huge difference between Keaton's chest showing and Camilla thrusting her boobs and butt at the screen in an actual Fates cutscene Oo 

Anywho, I'm off topic. Back to the banner - this is the banner we should have got instead of the crappy hotsprings banner. There was no need for that one, whereas this makes sense. All new characters, all likeable characters (if I can get over Selkie's voice) plus a free Panne! Only sadness is Yarne is missing out. I'm still pulling on the valentine banner for now but I might try for Kaden and Keaton in the future :) 

Edited by Cute Chao

I'll at least be summoning enough to make use of the free summon tickets from Forging Bonds. After that, back to saving orbs for BB banner.

Also, Yarne not appearing (ever) is in character for him. He doesn't want to fight and is too busy preserving his species.

Edited by Etheus

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm expecting broken offensive stats on Selkie, the fav of the bunch I'd think would "deserve" that, according to some.

Based on her skills, she seems to be Res focused, but built to buff all her other stats through her Res.

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Kaden's pretty much guaranteed to demote. Ignoring the cavalry beast weapons, Goad Beasts is the strongest thing in his kit, and Goad skills are the least powerful of the movement-type-specific buffs.

True, he does fit the Reyson pattern.

Still, two consecutive green demotes and two consecutive blue GHBs is a bit irritating. Although I won't complain about easier access to flier and cavalry beasts.

1 hour ago, GrandeRampel said:

Um, no, that's... not how it works. At all.

I'll stop complaining if the amount of revealing male and female characters are ever equal. Which is isn't even remotely close to being the case.

10 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

I hope Velouria’s at least as beefy as Nailah, comparable to her original-game stats. If she is, foddering off my spare Nailah’s skills to her could make Velouria even better given she’s colorless.

Be sure to wait until the March update. They are raising inheritable skills to 4 from 3, so you'll be able to inherit both DC and Null C-Disrupt 3.

Welp, I am thinking the same as everyone else here. Did not expect it, though.

I want Velouria. I’ll take everyone else here, but I want Velouria most. If I was more of a degenerate with Fates Conquest/Revelation, I would have actually married Velouria.

Now, some time down the line, let’s have Dwyer come in to complete the OTP. Maybe.

As for the demote, Keaton is a no go (with that weapon of his). Selfie has 3 passives and a Special, so also a no go. Velouria (eeee) and Kaden seem to be the only two that could sensibly demote.

Great banner, bad timing. Trying my best to save up orbs for CYL and the bath banner already robbed me of a lot, so I really don't want to use more. Velouria's my favorite beast in the series but I don't think I can go for her right now. Selkie looks great too with that art and Yu-Gi-Oh weapon. I'm hoping Velouria manages to be the demote so I can just pick her up as a 4* later. Kaden could go instead, but it could go either way.

Panne for free is nice. I didn't get Nailah and I didn't promote Naesala so she won't be redundant for me as another blue for now.

24 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Also, am I the only one who thinks Selkie's voice is worse than in Fates?

Don’t know about anyone else, but I certainly disagree. At least her voice isn’t cracking and she sounds her age.

Edited by Alastor15243

I am quite happy to see Panne as a GHB. Not so happy about her color.

Not sure how much I am going to pull on this. I don't see much that I absolutely need. And I never did like the wolf skins transformation from a visual standpoint. Still Velour has quite the interesting weapon effect and is colorless melee. If she has good speed she could make an excellent speed tank. Kaden's weapon is also quite interesting for reasons that folks are quite aware of.

Well I'll wait on stats to truly make my priority, but unlike Velour and Kaden; Selkie is competing in a tough market. So while she is definitely on my want list she will have to be pretty amazing to get me to prioritize.