New Heroes: Kitsune and Wolfskin

Anacybele

1 minute ago, Ottservia said:

well you know IS and their fates bias.

I mean, if it was bias then they would have trickled them in as an excuse for more Fates banners. Instead we have them all here at once. 

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Tolvir said:

I mean, if it was bias then they would have trickled them in as an excuse for more Fates banners. Instead we have them all here at once. 

fair point I suppose but yeah, they just kind of dumped all the 3ds beasts on us all at once(minus yarne of course).

Wow, Kaden's Kitsune Fang looks astonishingly overpowered. Just buff him up and everyone around gets stackable ('cause in-combat) buffs. He looks like he'd do really well in mixed teams. Selkie, though, doesn't make much sense to me (unless there was a typo in the SF news feed skill descriptions (besides "foe" at one point being spelled as "fow") or something.) It looks like most of her wants to have high res, but Sabotague Atk wants her to have low res?

I think the artists did a great job on these guys. It's cool to see more beast units in, though Kitsunes being cavs only makes a little sense. I wonder if Panne will be considered a cav unit, too. Only thing is that I worry about Yarne being brought in. Looks like he might wind up being left out until farfetched heroes or something.

6 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Wow, Kaden's Kitsune Fang looks astonishingly overpowered. Just buff him up and everyone around gets stackable ('cause in-combat) buffs. He looks like he'd do really well in mixed teams. Selkie, though, doesn't make much sense to me (unless there was a typo in the SF news feed skill descriptions (besides "foe" at one point being spelled as "fow") or something.) It looks like most of her wants to have high res, but Sabotague Atk wants her to have low res?

I think the artists did a great job on these guys. It's cool to see more beast units in, though Kitsunes being cavs only makes a little sense. I wonder if Panne will be considered a cav unit, too. Only thing is that I worry about Yarne being brought in. Looks like he might wind up being left out until farfetched heroes or something.

If the next Awakening banner is Gen 2 based, they could always add Yarne there

26 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

If the next Awakening banner is Gen 2 based, they could always add Yarne there

I guess, but he'd still stick out like a sore thumb. Only way I could see him not being a bit weird among them is if Nah's included. Or, I guess, the upcoming spring banners could feature him. He's legit a bunny.

Its not really a banner for me but all in all its pretty decent. 

I like Kaden's presence on the banner. He's probably the only one I'm really interested in. Out of all Beast units he seems the most normal. His defining trait is being a vain puppy which makes him endearing but he doesn't quite take it as far as the other three. The Wolfskin's are more gimmick than character so I find it hard to care about them. 

I never really got all the hype regarding Selkie but I'm glad for those that were rooting for her. Since she consistently ranked very high in the polls I'd say she deserved this.

31 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Selkie, though, doesn't make much sense to me (unless there was a typo in the SF news feed skill descriptions (besides "foe" at one point being spelled as "fow") or something.) It looks like most of her wants to have high res, but Sabotague Atk wants her to have low res?

Nah she wants high Res.

On Foxkit Fang: If units Res > foes res (so Selkie's Res is higher)

On Sabotage Atk: If any foes Res < units Res (so Foes Res is less than Selkies)

The way skill descriptions gets worded sometimes is very confusing... but no worries, we aren't trying to boost 13 Res to 20 when under 50% hp or anything.

Edited by Xenomata

Well we all knew this banner was coming at some point this year, at least the bandaid is ripped off early in the middle of a lot of major banners. Its the obvious bait banner of the lot (or well, would have been if it wasn't for L.Lyn ruining a certain upcoming banner...). 

Panne being the GHB unit is weird. 

8 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I guess, but he'd still stick out like a sore thumb. Only way I could see him not being a bit weird among them is if Nah's included. Or, I guess, the upcoming spring banners could feature him. He's legit a bunny.

I really don't see how Yarne would stick out like a sore thumb on an Awakening banner that's specifically Gen 2 based but ok

13 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Nah she wants high Res.

On Foxkit Fang: If units Res > foes res (so Selkie's Res is higher)

On Sabotage Atk: If any foes Res < units Res (so Foes Res is less than Selkies)

The way skill descriptions gets worded sometimes is very confusing... but no worries, we aren't trying to boost 13 Res to 20 when under 50% hp or anything.

At start of turn, if any foe’s Res is greater than, or equal to, unit’s Res -3 and that foe is adjacent to another foe, inflicts Atk -7 on that foe through its next action.

Like I said, it could've been a typo.

9 minutes ago, Othin said:

The video says "less than or equal to", not "greater than".

I wasn't quoting the vid. Like I said before, I was quoting the SF newsfeed page.

3 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I wasn't quoting the vid. Like I said before, I was quoting the SF newsfeed page.

I'm aware. That answers your question: it was, indeed, a mistake.

If a transcription looks wrong, checking the video usually makes it possible to sort out the issue.

8 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I'd rely more on the video than the SF newsfeed, since one is more likely to contain typos than the other.

Though like I said, skill descriptions can be weird and easy to misunderstand, especially given how expansive and complicated they've gotten over time. I'd honestly prefer they be longer if they just said "greater than" or "less than" rather than > and <.

(No offense to the editor, but they did list the weapon descriptions as being on par with Fiora's personal weapon.)

Edited by Xenomata

21 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm aware. That answers your question: it was, indeed, a mistake.

If a transcription looks wrong, checking the video usually makes it possible to sort out the issue.

18 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I'd rely more on the video than the SF newsfeed, since one is more likely to contain typos than the other.

Though like I said, skill descriptions can be weird and easy to misunderstand, especially given how expansive and complicated they've gotten over time. I'd honestly prefer they be longer if they just said "greater than" or "less than" rather than > and <.

(No offense to the editor, but they did list the weapon descriptions as being on par with Fiora's personal weapon.)

Yeah, I just didn't feel like skipping around the vid again and decided to just take it for what it was with a grain of salt. I'm glad things are cleared up now, though, and this has actually made me wonder something. H!Sakura is a bona fide mage killer with her weapon the Kitty Paddle. Looks like Selkie is at least somewhat following suit, being a high-res fox. I wonder if the Leguz cats will also be geared toward being mage killers, given the name of the Kitty Paddle. Could be a null connection, but I still found the similarities interesting.

Edit: On the same sort of line of thinking, if a Kitsune and a Cat Laguz had kids, would they be Nekomata Laguz?

Edit 2: I like this banner, but I like the Valentine's one more, so my orbs will keep going to that one. I'll free summon green, I guess, even though I already have Reyson. I won't complain about getting any of them, though; beast/dragon units are fun.

Edited by Mercakete

47 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Selkie, though, doesn't make much sense to me (unless there was a typo in the SF news feed skill descriptions (besides "foe" at one point being spelled as "fow") or something.) It looks like most of her wants to have high res, but Sabotague Atk wants her to have low res?

It takes the absolute value in difference between each stat and applies 50% of that as combat buffs, but with a cap at 8. I assume it is absolute value since it did not say it Selkie's stats has to be greater or lower than the foe's stats, so as long as it is different, the effect will kick in.

If Selkie's Atk is 50 and a Blade mage foe's Atk is 90, the absolute value in difference is 40. You apply 50% of that which is 20, but it is capped at +8 to Atk for Selkie.
Likewise, if Selkie's Atk is 50 but an opponent got 44 Atk, the absolute value in difference is 6. You apply 50% of that which is 3, and Selkie gets +3 to Atk.
And you do that for every stat sans HP.

If I interpreted the description correctly, Selkie basically specializes in fighting against opponents with a different stat distribution from her.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

Kaden has Goad beasts and a Link skill, alongside his weapon which I would say is more grounds for him not being demoted versus Velouria. Velouria would also be the better choice to improve the questionable colourless 4* pool against the green 4* pool which needs less changes imo, so I will admit to a bit of bias on the preference.

Kaden's Goad Beasts is less valuable than Velouria's Ward Beasts. Kaden's Link skill is less valuable than Velouria's Close Def. Kaden is male, which is less marketable than Velouria being female.

The only thing Kaden has over Velouria is the fact that he's cavalry.

Heck, I'd even say Kaden's green color makes him more likely to demote and not less due to the relatively shallow 4-star green pool (20 compared to colorless's 28).

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Kaden's Goad Beasts is less valuable than Velouria's Ward Beasts. Kaden's Link skill is less valuable than Velouria's Close Def. Kaden is male, which is less marketable than Velouria being female.

The only thing Kaden has over Velouria is the fact that he's cavalry.

Heck, I'd even say Kaden's green color makes him more likely to demote and not less due to the relatively shallow 4-star green pool (20 compared to colorless's 28).

I hope you're right. He is the one I want most, and with Reyson being on the 4* pool too makes me want to Summon on green orbs event more.

2 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Only thing is that I worry about Yarne being brought in. Looks like he might wind up being left out until farfetched heroes or something.

Yarne's placement in CYL has been pretty low (186 in CYL 1, 215 in CYL 2, 193 in CYL 3), so he's most likely not making it into Farfetched Heroes this year with how many characters are still above him (there are still 23 characters in the top 100 in CYL 3 that aren't in the game, counting this banner and Panne, and 49 characters between 101 and 193 that aren't yet in the game).

He's more likely to tag along in an Awakening banner.

Edited by Ice Dragon

3 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

I believe that even the most sexualized female alt in this game is basically on the same level of Hot Springs!Ryoma, not more offensive, not less offensive.

2011-12-02-sexy.png

2 hours ago, XRay said:

It takes the absolute value in difference between each stat and applies 50% of that as combat buffs, but with a cap at 8. I assume it is absolute value since it did not say it Selkie's stats has to be greater or lower than the foe's stats, so as long as it is different, the effect will kick in.

It does say it only applies if her Res is higher than her opponent's.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

It does say it only applies if her Res is higher than her opponent's.

Her Res being higher than her opponent's is the activation condition and isn't tied to the numerical effect on each stat.

54 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I think this makes him less likely to demote, honestly. We already have a 4 star green beast in Reyson. Why not give us a different color beast in the 4 star pool?

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

2011-12-02-sexy.png

I agree 100% with the girl here. RD Ike makes me uncomfortable because of his stupid muscles. Same thing for Ryoma. Thank Naga there are things like Groom Marh and Sunmer Takumi. Now that's the good stuff. Honestly that's the kind of male fanservice I like. But there are also a lot of girls and guys who like muscles, soo... to each their own?

1 minute ago, GrandeRampel said:

I agree 100% with the girl here. RD Ike makes me uncomfortable because of his stupid muscles. Same thing for Ryoma. Thank Naga there are things like Groom Marh and Sunmer Takumi. Now that's the good stuff. Honestly that's the kind of male fanservice I like. But there are also a lot of girls and guys who like muscles, soo... to each their own?

Yes, some people like muscles, some don't and that's that. I love RD Ike's muscles and think he's the hottest thing in his series. :P Him and Frederick anyway.

2 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Why not give us a different color beast in the heroic grail pool?

Sure, I'd like this too.