New Heroes: Kitsune and Wolfskin

Anacybele

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With this art has Panne become the most attractive character in Heroes?  Perhaps.  Why do people get so obsessed with a girl/guy that is just a piece of art/sprite.  Hard to understand, until one sees Panne.  Like wow.  I don't know if such beauty exists in the real world.  

2 hours ago, Lewyn said:

I don't know if such beauty exists in the real world.  

Humans don't usually have butts that hairy, no.

8 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I want to have her bush. That way, I can get away with going commando in public.

13 minutes ago, XRay said:

I want to have her bush. That way, I can get away with going commando in public.

Then you'd want to skip those super hot chiles you imagined in FFtF. Suddenly catching your hair on fire and being exposed afterwards at a Chinese/Indian restaurant is not the best of things to have happen. And singed hair doesn't smell good regardless.

9 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

As far as we know, Laguz in their human forms are pretty much no different physically from normal humans except for their ears and the Bird Tribe's wings, hence why they wear normal clothing.

I know. I just liked to imagine for that moment that they were hairier than they actually are.

3 hours ago, Lewyn said:

With this art has Panne become the most attractive character in Heroes?  Perhaps.  Why do people get so obsessed with a girl/guy that is just a piece of art/sprite.  Hard to understand, until one sees Panne.  Like wow.  I don't know if such beauty exists in the real world.  

Well this is quite the positive reaction.:^_^:

Trying to be on topic, I'm hoping my free pulls will have one of those 4*s I've been seeking, and that I don't get thwacked with a Fates beastie. The absence of free summons after getting used to that smorgasbord of banner reruns is making this game dull. 

Datamine is getting posted on Discord.

1550637895313.png

Panne's weapon is effective against cavalry and gives +3 Atk/Spd/Def/Res when not adjacent to any non-shifters, plus the standard beast cavalry Steady Impact effect. She has Astra, Chill Spd, and Def Smoke.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Hide contents

1550637895313.png

Panne's weapon is effective against cavalry and gives +3 Atk/Spd/Def/Res when not adjacent to any non-shifters, plus the standard beast cavalry Steady Impact effect. She has Astra, Chill Spd, and Def Smoke.

Spoiler

Wow. Panne's stat's are not all that great, but her skills sure are!

Looking like Kaden will be the demote here.

Also, 41 ATK Keaton? Calm down.

Edited by Coolmanio

53 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

It is a luxurious fur, nothing like the course hair of humans.  

22 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well this is quite the positive reaction.:^_^:

Trying to be on topic, I'm hoping my free pulls will have one of those 4*s I've been seeking, and that I don't get thwacked with a Fates beastie. The absence of free summons after getting used to that smorgasbord of banner reruns is making this game dull. 

Non human units are my favorite in these games, and Panne was awesome in Awakening.  Used her the whole game, and even married her to Gregor (creepy supports, he just keeps saying little bunny and stuff) and used Yarne too as a berserker.  I am super impressed with the art here though, this could headline a banner.

We get free tickets, so you can have more free pulls on this banner.

Spoiler

Yes Keaton is a monster.  The stat spread for Velouria is also very nice.  Cav penalty and that is seen in stats, but I am happy Panne is cav...much more fun than infantry.  Wow and def smoke and chill speed on the same unit?  Jesus she is going sell like hot cakes at the grail shop.

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

Hide contents

1550637895313.png

Spoiler

Keaton has an Atk SuperAsset. He already reaches 50 Atk by default, but a SuperAsset? Really???

Forget Swordhardt, Keaton is the new Brave King.

Spoiler

Oigh… So, Keaton's built kind of like Xander's various forms. High def/atk, good HP, and flinch-worthy res. Selkie's quick and has great res, but her atk is low, and her def isn't so great. Kaden's stats are my favorite of the bunch, at least on paper. He seems like he'd work well as a mixed-phase fighter.

Spoiler

So Gen 3 BST is a thing now. It doesn't surprise me and I don't really care about it. 

Then again, this is giving me hopes that Kaden is going to be the demote this time instead of Velouria. I said I wanted Velouria and I'm going to pull for her but Kaden offers me much more for my clears so I really want him (I already have a Walhart ready to give him Chill Def). 

Keaton is going to hit like a fricken truck, although I don't know if this will be enough to kill Surtr and his mammoth Def. 

Velouria is meant for PP but I think she can pull off a DC set if she's +Res. Either way, her weapon makes her more supportive so it doesn't matter that much in the grand scheme of things.

Kaden's stats don't matter at all. He's absolutely bonkers and just needs to stand close to his allies to make them gods.

Selkie....yeah, you'll have to go with +Atk or +Res if you want to make her useful. Not to mention she's competing with Reinhardt for blue cav spot so...

32 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Then you'd want to skip those super hot chiles you imagined in FFtF. Suddenly catching your hair on fire and being exposed afterwards at a Chinese/Indian restaurant is not the best of things to have happen. And singed hair doesn't smell good regardless.

I guess I have to wear an underwear then!

13 minutes ago, Othin said:

Reveal hidden contents

1550637895313.png

Spoiler

Keaton's Atk surpasses that of a god's!

Panne's Atk feels a bit low. Transforming and her Weapon gives Atk+5 though, so maybe that will help a bit. She also got Def Smoke to help her out.

17 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Non human units are my favorite in these games, and Panne was awesome in Awakening.  Used her the whole game, and even married her to Gregor (creepy supports, he just keeps saying little bunny and stuff) and used Yarne too as a berserker.  I am super impressed with the art here though, this could headline a banner.

Huh, looks like we went the same route. I married Panne to Gregor too, but I don't remember their supports being creepy. They seemed calm and mature, and I liked them together. Gregor's relationship with Yarne in Future Past is cute, too; I really like him as his dad. Likewise, nonhumans are fun for me to play in Heroes, too. Looks like we have some preferences in common (though I will probably always find fur bikinis uncomfortable to look at.)

Just curious, if there is a Gen 3 BST bump now, does it apply only for Infantry from this lone banner it looks like? (I mean we don't have Armors or Fliers here to compare, nor Ranged units of any kind.) And how much is it?

Also, a slight bit of pity for Nailah, since she is the last Infantry to be added before the boost, though there are certainly others who miss missing it more.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Just curious, if there is a Gen 3 BST bump now, does it apply only for Infantry from this lone banner it looks like? (I mean we don't have Armors or Fliers here to compare, nor Ranged units of any kind.) And how much is it?

Spoiler

Keaton's stat total is 167 while Velouria's is 168, which puts them just about on par with a Gen 1 armor. It looks like it's just for infantry at this point as Kaden, Selkie and Panne still have the standard Gen 2 stat total for melee cavalry units.

Edited by Tybrosion

So, with their stats...

Spoiler

Keaton's 45 HP, 41 Atk, 24 Spd, 38 Def, and 19 Res gives him 167 BST and he has attack and defense boossets and no baflaws. Because of his trainee stats, he's basically infantry Arden if he dumped his health for attack and speed as useless as that's for him. Compared to Arden; Keaton has -15 HP, +6 Atk, +8 Spd, -2 Def, and +3 Res. He doesn't have access to Fighter skills or Arden's Follow-up Ring, but he has a personal Brave weapon that works on both phases, default access to Special Spiral, and access to +Atk for even more attack. A more comparable unit would be regular Chrom or Lukas. Compared to Chrom, -2 HP, +4 Atk, -1 Spd, +7 Def, and +2 Res and compared to Lukas, +6 Atk, +3 Spd, and +2 Res.

Velouria's 40 HP, 35 Atk, 37 Spd, 33 Def, and 23 Res gives her 168 BST and she has a no boossets and a HP baflaw. She's essentially a +Atk -Res dream F!Corrin or a +Spd, -HP dream M!Corrin, but unlike them, she and her dad have gen 3 stats instead of a trainee boost which kind would have made sense for her because she is a child unit, but whatever. With her stats, I think it's safe to say she won't be demoting.

Kaden's 38 HP, 32 Atk, 36 Spd, 25 Def, and 25 Res gives him 156 BST and he has defense and resistance boossets and a HP baflaw. +Atk and +Spd, -Res Titania or groom Marth if he was summonable and had 5 points of his defense moved to his resistance.

Selkie's 35 HP, 29 Atk, 38 Spd, 19 Def, and 35 Res gives her 156 BST and she has a HP boosset and an attack baflaw. She has the lowest base neutral defense of all physical cavalry units by 4 points. Eliwood and Peri tie with 23 base neutral defense. Peri's kind of close, but with her attack, Mathilda might be more comparable. Compared to Mathilda, +6 Spd, -5 Def, and +1 Res while with Peri, -4 Atk, +5 Spd, -4 Def, and +5 Res.

Panne's 41 HP, 29 Atk, 34 Spd, 30 Def, and 23 Res gives her 157 BST. She is basically a +Atk Sully with flipped defenses; Sully has +1 HP, -3 Atk, -6 Def, and +5 Res compared to Panne.

As for Panne's skills...

49 minutes ago, Othin said:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Cool, so she has Beastbane, but if it didn't work on beasts because beasts included them, griffons, horses, and pegasi which are horses with wings.

Edited by Kaden

Panne's got some highly fodderable Skills for people not interested in using her~ I'll be promoting her ASAP, though~ Surprised she's a Cav, too, but it seemed probable~ I love how true to Awakening her transformation animation is~

Spoiler

Daddy Keaton is hitting like gorilla, I expected a lot of Attack but damn~ Others also look good, but statwise, Kaden is seeming more demote-worthy than Velouria~ 

Ok, first of all I spotted +1 base stat and +10 growth rate on the wolves compared to Gen 2 infantry, which might get a 5 points difference in stats. The cavalry beasts have the same bases and growths as before. Now on to the review on the units.

No boosted stats and a skillset of 4(not to mention crappy)? Next demote: Kaden: Kitsune Braggart

Keaton: Lupine Collector - Give this guy some early cooldown reduction on his Special, and he'll go on a rampage. With Brave and Wo Dao effect on his weapon, he'll deal massive damage with Draconic Aura triggering. When I first saw him with 4 skills I got excited that he'll demote with Special Spiral, but since other units have also 4 skills, he seems to be the least likely to demote from all of them. Give him a Death Blow 3 through inheritance for some guaranteed kills, and he's ready to go. Besides that Keaton has a very high defense, making him hard to take down.

Velouria: Wolf Cub - Getting -2 on cooldown if she's with support partner and getting +10 damage when special triggers is a nice combination. Velouria spells I'm an Enemy Phase unit. Close Defense reduces her damage intake, and thanks to her fangs she'll counter with Luna the first time. But thanks to her stats spread, I believe you can build her for Player Phase as well - her Attack and Speed are also nothing to laugh at.

Kaden: Kitsune Braggart - Honestly I'm not very impressed by his skillset, and the fact that he'll most likely demote, I'm putting him on the bottom of the list. While Velouria brings Close Defense, Kaden has 3 movements being a cavalry beast unit. Strangely enough, being a fox and getting blocked by trenches and forests is kinda weird, putting Kaden in an uncomfortable position on this banner. His stats spread is very mediocre, better off using him as a supportive unit.

Selkie: Free Spirit - Her whole set pretty much spells: "I come with a lot of res". Her weapon gives her boost if she attacks someone with lower Res, it gives her Res, Iceberg and Sabotage Atk also works with Res, and she even gets a nice Even Res Wave set. Selkie is obviously the premium unit of this banner, and I think she doesn't disappoint. Sabotage skills will damage bonding units and I'm already looking forward for it's Spd version. The possible +8 on each stat for her stats is crazy, and the fact that she debuffs and prevent double attack from the enemy makes her dangerous. Keep your dragons away from her. Very offensive unit who is frail against fast physical units.

Blue > Red > Colorless > Green - that's what I'd suggest, but honestly red and blue are equally great.

Panne: Proud Taguel

Spoiler

I like the weapon she comes with, the beast bonus to herself is nice, and being effective against cavalry could bring up some options. But the stats are not the greatest for the offense, I expected her to be faster - she's better off tanking melee. Chill Speed is always nice.

Edited by Garlyle

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Regarding BST:

Spoiler

If I did my math right:

Lvl. 1 BST:
Lucina: 19 + 8 + 10 + 6 + 4 = 47
Ayra: 19 + 7 + 11 + 7 + 4 = 48
Keaton: 19 + 11 + 7 + 8 + 4 = 49

Growth Rates:
Lucina: 24 + 26 + 26 + 19 + 15 = 110
Ayra: 22 + 26 + 26 + 24 + 17 = 115
Keaton:  26 + 30 + 17 + 30 + 15 = 118

Growth Rate % Class:
Lucina: 55% + 60% + 60% + 45% + 35% = 255%
Ayra: 50% + 60% + 60% + 55% + 40% = 265%
Keaton: 60% + 70% + 40% + 70% + 35% = 275%

Book III infantry has BST+2 and Growth Rate +20% over Book I infantry. Book II infantry has BST+1 and Growth Rate +10% over Gen I infantry. They basically doubled Book II's gain.

Edited by XRay

14 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

You're missing the point of Flier Formation on a Goad Fliers team. It's not the same kind of +1 move as cavalry have. It's +1 move for your back line in the direction of your front line. This means that it's much easier to keep units within 2 squares of teammates, even on player phase (the back line attacking will be in range of Goads from the front line, and the front line cannot run away from the team as far as cavalry can).

Cavalry also has +1 move for your back line in the direction of your front line, though.

Just because cavalry can run far from the team doesn't mean that they have to, if they cared about getting buffed. You should be using fliers instead if you never plan to use their superb reach, since fliers have more stats, but you don't always have to use their maximum move if using less than that is better in a particular situation.

Gen 3 infantry were no surprise after the Dragonflower update. The exact amount of boost being +1 base and +10% growth is also unsurprising since that averages out to about +5 or +6 points in stats.

Based on the fact that Gen 3 cavalry are no different from Gen 2 cavalry so far and the fact that only infantry got special treatment with Dragonflowers, I'm willing to bet that Gen 3 armor and fliers also are no different from Gen 2 units.

Selkie with 29 base Atk makes her the only post-Gen-1 non-dancer non-staff unit with less than 30 Atk at level 40, granted, her weapon makes up for it.

58 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Cavalry also has +1 move for your back line in the direction of your front line, though.

Just because cavalry can run far from the team doesn't mean that they have to, if they cared about getting buffed. You should be using fliers instead if you never plan to use their superb reach, since fliers have more stats, but you don't always have to use their maximum move if using less than that is better in a particular situation.

Because fliers won't run far from the team under most circumstances, it increases the value of offensive buffs that require proximity (by virtue of it being active more often than for other movement types), but doesn't decrease the value of offensive buffs that are current-position-independent (because they still get those buffs regardless).

Because cavalry can run far from the team, it doesn't decrease the value of offensive buffs that require proximity (because they don't have to leave proximity) without changing the value of offensive buffs that are current-position-independent.

From the way that you are structuring your argument, you seem to be conflating my "Hone is better than Goad on cavalry" with "Goad is crap on cavalry". Relative comparison is not the same as absolute utility. Neither class has a reduction in utility of either type of buff below baseline, but Hone has a higher baseline than Goad and fliers receive a boost to Goad over baseline due to the fact that they can remain within range of buffs while attacking more easily than other movement classes (which is the baseline).

Edited by Ice Dragon

27 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Because fliers won't run far from the team under most circumstances, it increases the value of offensive buffs that require proximity (by virtue of it being active more often than for other movement types), but doesn't decrease the value of offensive buffs that are current-position-independent (because they still get those buffs regardless).

Because cavalry can run far from the team, it doesn't decrease the value of offensive buffs that require proximity (because they don't have to leave proximity) without changing the value of offensive buffs that are current-position-independent.

From the way that you are structuring your argument, you seem to be conflating my "Hone is better than Goad on cavalry" with "Goad is crap on cavalry". Relative comparison is not the same as absolute utility. Neither class has a reduction in utility of either type of buff below baseline, but Hone has a higher baseline than Goad and fliers receive a boost to Goad over baseline due to the fact that they can remain within range of buffs while attacking more easily than other movement classes (which is the baseline).

Mind, I was assuming I had something like Hone Type on my cav already, if was running Goad it'd be either on top of field buffs or stacked like crazy to pass stat checks, hence why I compared it to Savage Blow rather than Hone Type in my original thing.

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Mind, I was assuming I had something like Hone Type on my cav already, if was running Goad it'd be either on top of field buffs or stacked like crazy to pass stat checks, hence why I compared it to Savage Blow rather than Hone Type in my original thing.

The fact that you were already assuming 1 stack of Hone Cavalry on your cavalry already says to me that Hone Cavalry is more valuable. I'm obviously starting from a state of having no buffs, not starting from already having buffs that specifically don't stack with itself.