New Heroes: Kitsune and Wolfskin

Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The fact that you were already assuming 1 stack of Hone Cavalry on your cavalry already says to me that Hone Cavalry is more valuable. I'm obviously starting from a state of having no buffs, not starting from already having buffs that specifically don't stack with itself.

Yeah, sorry I didn't make that bit clear.

I thought we were just comparing Goad & Ward, rather than Goad & other C-slots.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Hilda said:

more importantly Def Smoke! which wasnt available outside of seasonals.

Oh, you’re right and unlike CS you don’t need to promote Panne to unlock it. I just didn’t notice because I wasn’t on the look out for that skil.

Random note that Gen 3 infantry are almost on par with Gen 1 armors in terms of stats.

Keaton and Velouria have a stat total of 167-168 (170-171 after merge). Gen 1 armors have stat totals of 168-170 (171-173 after merge).

Jesus, Keaton! Moonbow/DC/Vantage/HB is going to be disgusting. At least he's not completely minmaxed and his res can be exploited. To me at least, he feels like the winner of the banner.

Selkie feels kind of disappointing. Her weapon is still great, but her stats are a bit awkward. It seems like the more you buff her weaker stats, the less of a bonus she gets if I'm following its effects correctly. She's also cavalry with a bond skill. If there was ever a class to run solo skills with, it seems like it'd be them. Sometimes IS counfounds me.

Kaden has pretty decent stats, though he still seems likely got demoted, especially in light of Velouria's gen 3 infantry BST (frankly, they could use it). His defenses are a bit lacking, and his attack while decent isn't amazing, but his weapon will make up for both of those.

Velouria doesn't  seem to have anything real standout other than her weapon effect, but she has a pretty solid statline and a good basis for building on. Seems like she'd be a decent null c disrupt unit if she happens to get a res boon.

Panne is eh. Pretty solid weapon, okay stats, eh art, and nice stills. Still much better than some TT/GHB units we've had.

Oh yeah, LOL at foxes and rabbits not being able to go through woods.

Edited by bottlegnomes

So far Panne is ok, don't know if her being effective against Cavalry was necessary xD Feels like with the right setup she can sweep them anyway, but there are also a few tanky ones. So why not. At least I get a nice blue unit I want to push. 

Keaton is nice, I think he is the best unit to make use of Fire Boost. Sad that classical DC setup seems to be the way for him though. But I like gimmicks more than the obvious so I will try to test him with Fireboost/Sol and Savage blow. This also makes more use of Special Spiral he comes with.
AoE seems to be an option but I think its wasted if he cannot use the second hit. But it actually justifies Fireboost a bit more..B skill isn't free for vantage in that case though.

At least he has quite a few options regardless what could be best. 

Spoiler

Ugh. The script for Panne's voice lines is so shit. Basically "I am a rabbit. I do rabbit things and eat rabbit food". I understand some games withing the 3DS era tried to have character gimmicks, but there had to be something more than this shit. Like 50+ supports and nothing of value?

10 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Keaton's stat total is 167 while Velouria's is 168, which puts them just about on par with a Gen 1 armor. It looks like it's just for infantry at this point as Kaden, Selkie and Panne still have the standard Gen 2 stat total for melee cavalry units.

Reasonable I guess. Although it makes me pity Draug and others a bit, since now they're less mobile and practically the same power as these Infantry. -Still gonna raise a Draug though, in place of Mamori.

Also, for the Binding Blade banner that is next up, if we assume Rutger, a reasonable assumption, will he make Ayra or Karla look like moldy jerky? Or will they intentionally spread him such that he doesn't ever so slightly trounce either? If he goes GHB like good ol' Navarre, I can see them doing to him what they're currently doing with our Velvetine Rabbit.

And there is a moderate chance Lugh will be on the BB banner, and he might then get the BST bump (he'd prolly also be the demote if he was on it). How many Infantry would the banner have though? Certainly not the whole thing- Melady and Perceval come to mind.

-Yeah, I know, I'm looking too far ahead when this has just dropped. But I will make it more relevant by predicting that the Binding banner will be less exciting (which isn't hard to imagine), partly since it will lack Beasts to hype up. I just hope it isn't a total disappointment like Thracia's lone banner, or Canas.

7 minutes ago, redlight said:

Like 50+ supports and nothing of value?

17 for Panne sans Morgan if I count right:

Spoiler
  1. Yarne
  2. M Robin
  3. F Robin
  4. Cordelia
  5. Olivia
  6. Frederick
  7. Virion
  8. Stahl
  9. Vaike
  10. Kellam
  11. Lon'qu
  12. Donnel
  13. Ricken
  14. Gaius
  15. Gregor
  16. Libra
  17. Henry

Plus from DLC:

1. Harvest Scramble PannexOlivia
  2. Harvest Scramble PannexCordelia
  3. Summer Scramble PannexSully
  4. Summer Scramble PannexNowi
  5. Summer Scramble PannexCherche
  6. Future Past 2 PannexYarne

And whatever text she gets in Yarne's Paralogue, two very short battle convos with Einherjar Sothe, Einherjar Athena, Einherjar Zihark, and Einherjar Oliver; and the "obligatory first round of combat" one-liner in other DLC battles.

SF has all the text if you want to check and see if FEH coulda dun better.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Reasonable I guess. Although it makes me pity Draug and others a bit, since now they're less mobile and practically the same power as these Infantry. -Still gonna raise a Draug though, in place of Mamori.

Also, for the Binding Blade banner that is next up, if we assume Rutger, a reasonable assumption, will he make Ayra or Karla look like moldy jerky? Or will they intentionally spread him such that he doesn't ever so slightly trounce either? If he goes GHB like good ol' Navarre, I can see them doing to him what they're currently doing with our Velvetine Rabbit.

And there is a moderate chance Lugh will be on the BB banner, and he might then get the BST bump (he'd prolly also be the demote if he was on it). How many Infantry would the banner have though? Certainly not the whole thing- Melady and Perceval come to mind.

-Yeah, I know, I'm looking too far ahead when this has just dropped. But I will make it more relevant by predicting that the Binding banner will be less exciting (which isn't hard to imagine), partly since it will lack Beasts to hype up. I just hope it isn't a total disappointment like Thracia's lone banner, or Canas.

17 for Panne sans Morgan if I count right:

Hide contents
  1. Yarne
  2. M Robin
  3. F Robin
  4. Cordelia
  5. Olivia
  6. Frederick
  7. Virion
  8. Stahl
  9. Vaike
  10. Kellam
  11. Lon'qu
  12. Donnel
  13. Ricken
  14. Gaius
  15. Gregor
  16. Libra
  17. Henry

Plus from DLC:

1. Harvest Scramble PannexOlivia
  2. Harvest Scramble PannexCordelia
  3. Summer Scramble PannexSully
  4. Summer Scramble PannexNowi
  5. Summer Scramble PannexCherche
  6. Future Past 2 PannexYarne

And whatever text she gets in Yarne's Paralogue, two very short battle convos with Einherjar Sothe, Einherjar Athena, Einherjar Zihark, and Einherjar Oliver; and the "obligatory first round of combat" one-liner in other DLC battles.

SF has all the text if you want to check and see if FEH coulda dun better.

I meant 50+ supports as in the C, B, A and S support conversations

24 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm pretty sure Rutger will be on the main banner, he and Idunn are the big highlights of it.

He'll probably have higher stats than them, at least, due to the whole gen 3 infantry thing.

4 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

Selkie feels kind of disappointing. Her weapon is still great, but her stats are a bit awkward. It seems like the more you buff her weaker stats, the less of a bonus she gets if I'm following its effects correctly. She's also cavalry with a bond skill. If there was ever a class to run solo skills with, it seems like it'd be them. Sometimes IS counfounds me.

If she has 45 Atk and the opponent has 60, then she gets +7 for a total of 52.

If you buff her with Hone Cavalry to 51 Atk and the opponent still has 60, then she gets +4 for a total of 55.

Even though the size of the bonus is smaller, your stat still ends up higher, which is more important than getting a bigger bonus.

Basically, a salary of $50,000 with a yearly bonus of $10,000 is still inferior to a salary of $100,000 and a bonus of $1,000.

23 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If she has 45 Atk and the opponent has 60, then she gets +7 for a total of 52.

If you buff her with Hone Cavalry to 51 Atk and the opponent still has 60, then she gets +4 for a total of 55.

Even though the size of the bonus is smaller, your stat still ends up higher, which is more important than getting a bigger bonus.

Basically, a salary of $50,000 with a yearly bonus of $10,000 is still inferior to a salary of $100,000 and a bonus of $1,000.

Wait, is that how it works? I'd been under the impression that it calculated a single bonus based on how much her Res exceeds her opponent's Res and then gave that boost to all four stats. Kinda like the Vassal's Blade effect.

Edited by Othin

35 minutes ago, Othin said:

Wait, is that how it works? I'd been under the impression that it calculated a single bonus based on how much her Res exceeds her opponent's Res and then gave that boost to all four stats. Kinda like the Vassal's Blade effect.

Hm... I read it over again in Japanese, and it does seem like that's how it works.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Hm... I read it over again in Japanese, and it does seem like that's how it works.

I can't tell whether you're saying the Vassal's Blade version or the individual stat version is the right one. :p

Just now, Othin said:

I can't tell whether you're saying the Vassal's Blade version or the individual stat version is the right one. :p

in-combat bonus to all stats is equal to Selkie's Res minus the opponent's Res, divided by 2.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

40 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

in-combat bonus to all stats is equal to Selkie's Res minus the opponent's Res, divided by 2.

That's much stronger. Based on the description I was figuring it was just a way of mitigating her weaknesses and amping her strengths, which is good and all, which is good, but kinda tame compared to some of the weapons we've seen recently and especially for a banner star.

Now the real question is what the hell is the each stat calculated separately thing about if that's the case?

6 hours ago, Chrom-ulent said:

So that's why armored units need Fighter skills to catch up.

I think the stat boost for Book III infantry is a response to armor units having Fighter skills rather than Fighter skills being a response to infantry's stat boost. If Fighter skills did not exist, Book III infantry's stat boost probably would not happen either.

5 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

Jesus, Keaton! Moonbow/DC/Vantage/HB is going to be disgusting. At least he's not completely minmaxed and his res can be exploited. To me at least, he feels like the winner of the banner.

I would run Brazen Atk/Def over Heavy Blade since Brazen Atk/Def is a guaranteed +14 damage whereas Moonbow only does 14 damage or more if the opponent's Def is 47 or higher. Moonbow-Heavy Blade also does not work against units with skills with Guard effect.

5 hours ago, Stroud said:

Sad that classical DC setup seems to be the way for him though.

Unless you are going for Vantage, I am not sure going Distant Counter is a good idea since his Res is so low.

10 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Now the real question is what the hell is the each stat calculated separately thing about if that's the case?

You're looking at Kaden's weapon's description.

Selkie's just says "grants bonus to Atk/Spd/Def/Res = 50% of difference between stats. (Maximum bonus of +8 to each stat.)" which is still wrong since it should be "grants bonus to Atk/Spd/Def/Res = 50% of difference in Res. (Maximum bonus of +8.)", but doesn't explicitly say that each stat is calculated separately.