New Heroes: Kitsune and Wolfskin

Anacybele

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

Her attacking and damaged art look painful to me. Not undoable or even that straining when done quickly, but since she is frozen like that I can't help but wince. For the fanservice I guess.

To me, it looks like she's in the middle of doing a backflip for her attack artworks. If that was how the taguel transformed in Awakening, then it could be argued as Panne transforming to attack in her regular and special attack artworks, except that's not how they transform. They transformed by getting on their fours and some weird earth magic happens covering them before they pop back out spinning: https://youtu.be/ODgs0MqeeME?t=157.

With her facing towards her side, the only thing I can think of is that she's backflipping to evade something, but she has her beaststone out and... yeah.

Anyway, Panne is Sonic the Hedgehog according to Sharena.

panne_proud_taguel_pop04.png

Her page says that she's supposed to be fast: https://guide.fire-emblem-heroes.com/en-US/panne_proud_taguel/. I swear if her stats are just Naesala's, but with flipped defenses.

Edited by Kaden

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Her page says that she's supposed to be fast: https://guide.fire-emblem-heroes.com/en-US/panne_proud_taguel/. I swear if her stats are just Naesala's, but with flipped defenses.

They could pull a Pokémon and have her be slow as hell despite what her description says *stares menacingly at Vikavolt*

Her art looks fantastic (don’t know why I always expect terrible art for free units considering most look great but I do) and regardless of stats she’s getting raised because of bias.

1 hour ago, Kiran_ said:

OMG. A quick screenshot of Keaton's damaged artwork and ... uh ... I'm drooling a little bit. I've changed my mind. I'm 100% going for him. And I'm always going to leave him at 1HP, because ... reasons.

lol I might have to do the same thing too. I’m glad Jakob was not the exception.

Ah yes, there are new ''meet some Heroes''.

As much as I like Sharena introducing people this one made me cringe a lot. Fe Heroes should really stop bringing up that deeprealm nonsense. Siegbert and Kana debasing themselves by bringing it up is bad enough and now Sharena joins the mix too. Stop bringing it up, its not something to be proud of. The best thing the devs can do is admit the deeprealms was a huge mistake and never, ever bring it up again. Just pretend its non canon,  don't address the nonsense and hope people will just assume the kids summoned are born long after the story of Fates like they should.

The agreement that summer takumi is male sexualization done right is  so satisfying to me to read, heh heh

back to topic though, it does seems that beasts has rendered axe, sword and lance obsolete. Can't say they trivialized dragons though, since dragons still have thar adaptive damage and deals magic damage when mor than 60% units in this game has low res..

Like, Tibarn trivialized Elincia, and now, Keaton trivialized Swordhart, since transformed beast infantry have 3 movement AND can ignore that trench.... Oh, and Keaton attacks twice regardless of the phase of the combat. Wonder if I put QR on him he will attack 4x in enemy phase?

8 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

The agreement that summer takumi is male sexualization done right is  so satisfying to me to read, heh heh

back to topic though, it does seems that beasts has rendered axe, sword and lance obsolete. Can't say they trivialized dragons though, since dragons still have thar adaptive damage and deals magic damage when mor than 60% units in this game has low res..

Like, Tibarn trivialized Elincia, and now, Keaton trivialized Swordhart, since transformed beast infantry have 3 movement AND can ignore that trench.... Oh, and Keaton attacks twice regardless of the phase of the combat. Wonder if I put QR on him he will attack 4x in enemy phase?

I think you're misunderstanding how the beast types work. Beast fliers are the only ones that get extra move from transforming. Keaton and Velouria, like Nailah, are beast infantry, which get a Wo Dao effect from transforming instead. They're stuck at the normal 2 move. Kaden and Selkie are beast cavalry, which always have 3 move but have all the usual cavalry restrictions, and get a Sturdy Impact variant from transforming.

Quick Riposte plus Keaton's weapon would indeed give 4x attacks, just like Reinhardt.

Edited by Othin

4 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

As much as I like Sharena introducing people this one made me cringe a lot. Fe Heroes should really stop bringing up that deeprealm nonsense. Siegbert and Kana debasing themselves by bringing it up is bad enough and now Sharena joins the mix too. Stop bringing it up, its not something to be proud of. The best thing the devs can do is admit the deeprealms was a huge mistake and never, ever bring it up again. Just pretend its non canon,  don't address the nonsense and hope people will just assume the kids summoned are born long after the story of Fates like they should.

What else can we expect from the man who directed Fates?

Not surprised Panne is fast. Rabbits are generally speedy in real life and are portrayed as such even in other fiction.

Tortious and the Hare, anyone? Or in the show Jackie Chan Adventures, where the rabbit talisman grants super speed.

7 hours ago, Kaden said:

panne_proud_taguel_pop04.png

If I didn't like Titania way more than Panne and hadn't just changed my profile picture to SharenaDoodle!Titania, I would use this. It's amazing.

As for the banner, I'm most likely skipping it. I'm not particularly fond of the 3DS beasts and I still need to save orbs for whenever Tibarn is rerun. That said, Kaden and Keaton look like they would be fun from gameplay perspective.

9 hours ago, KongDude said:

Meet the Heroes page got updated, here's Panne

panne_proud_taguel_slide01.png

2u249t.jpg

Link to the comic I got the picture from from (I made the meme myself): http://www.awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=102416

But seriously, only a few weeks ago we got Duma, and now they added beast units and my favorite female character from Awakening. Even if I prefer efficiency over personal preference, I swear that IS is trying to convince me to uninstall several of the apps on my phone and reinstall Heroes after a year or so of not playing the game. Although that won't happen, because Blustone has a yet stronger grip on my phone space, and even then I haven't played that game in a while due to focusing on college work.

So far I like Panne, can't wait to see what she will have as her "unique" weaponskill.
How long I thought that I am missing strong blue units in my barracks and now I am drowning in blue beasts. I guess I can imagine her having something similar to Naesala. At least something which is based on speed.

Edited by Stroud

10 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

If I had to use a in combat buff in the C-slot it'd be goad on my cavalry, though, since if you're fighting with heavy stat disadvantage even player phase units start needing effort to pass stat checks.

But if you're using an offensive buff at all, it's going to be Hone Cavalry, not Goad Cavalry.

The point is that player-phase cavalry prefer Hone Cavalry and Fortify Cavalry over either of Goad Cavalry or Ward Cavalry and enemy-phase cavalry prefer Ward Cavalry over any of the other three. Either way, Goad Cavalry is typically a second-string choice whereas the other three have team archetypes that they are the most valuable.

10 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

All of those are equivalent to +1 move in the best case scenario. Unless there's terrain cavalry's ability to use Goads is just as good and doesn't cost skill slots. That said, the volcano and mountain maps do exist.

You're missing the point of Flier Formation on a Goad Fliers team. It's not the same kind of +1 move as cavalry have. It's +1 move for your back line in the direction of your front line. This means that it's much easier to keep units within 2 squares of teammates, even on player phase (the back line attacking will be in range of Goads from the front line, and the front line cannot run away from the team as far as cavalry can).

7 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

They could pull a Pokémon and have her be slow as hell despite what her description says *stares menacingly at Vikavolt*

The common explanation is that the Speed stat in Pokémon is not the Pokémon's movement speed, but their reaction and execution speed, which would make more sense in terms of how it's used as a game mechanic.

I want both Kaden and Velouria, but I'm not pulling for a character likely to drop to 4*, and I don't like colorless odds on a banner like this so I'd like to wait for Velouria to get a rerun on a legendary or 3-character banner.

Although who knows how long it could take to get a 3-character banner, and her legendary rerun will probably be in May alongside Duma and Laevatein. I already have Duma, so that might not be much of an improvement. I'll make my decision after trying for Myrrh on Find and Vote and seeing if there's anything I want from the legendary banner, I guess, and I'll save my free summons until then just to be safe.

Could even wait all the way for the Binding Blade trailer, but I don't think it'll have anything as compelling.

@GrandeRampel

My apologies in that I couldn't honestly tell whether it was a joke or not. I've been on Reddit way too much and telling the jokes from the trolls and genuine opinions has become something that I've found I'm really not good at >.< 

I didn't mention speedos for balancing, I was mostly pointing out if it had been the other way around - guys in absurd outfits for battling. I usually prefer my men in full armour (my favourite is and always has been Kent), but seasonals are a different story, and I would very much like to see speedos (we both agree on Camus!).

For me, my main issue will remain quantity. I like fanservice and guys and I end up feeling a bit left out by the game when we only get one guy per banner on the seasonal side, and when female units nearly always seem to be the stronger ones or better ones to have on banners. It does rankle me, I do admit, and will likely continue to do so as they have shown no signs of changing this. It probably brings in more money, but it doesn't make me feel valued as any kind of fan (like with them continually going back to Fates instead of giving older games more love - it rankles me there, too, as I'm a fan of all the games but it feels like they only care about fans of one game who want only one thing). 

I don't believe Fates irrelevant to any argument, however, since fanservice in FE as a whole has been a sore point for a lot of people, and Camilla especially has shown the two sides - how popular it can be but also how much it can put people off in just how divided people are over her. Not to mention how prevalent she has become in Heroes. But yes, I do agree. While I like fanservice, it should not be in cutscenes and thrust in your face like that, whether it's Camilla or Xander >.< It makes me sad you likely won't be able to pick your outfit in the newest game even as the female avatar. 

Oh well. I'm still excited for the new units, although I've got no orbs left and still want to throw more at the seasonal banner. Currently saving up so I can at least pull for Kaden and Keaton when I get the free pull and the free tickets :)

Wow, just seen Panne's art. That's looking pretty good :) She was one of my favourites in Awakening - I always paired her with Gaius, but probably won't here xD 

Edited by Cute Chao

Oh Panne looks good, hopefully I can fit her in a good team since I normally don't use infantry on my teams unless it is a tactics one.  I don't think I will be interested in the legendary banner this time, so I think I will try to get the two guys since the GD banner has decided to only give me pity breakers.  

So, all these cute doodles are coming from something involving Sharena? I kept wondering where they were coming from.

Also, thanks for the clarification that beasts target def. I could never figure out which start they targetted before. Is that universal? The Herons look like they'd target res.

On 2/18/2019 at 11:28 AM, Cute Chao said:

Personally, I'd love fanservice to just be one or two characters (of both genders) and the rest wear sensible armour, etc. 

Same. It should be kept restricted in FE and most games most of the time, but so things presently are. And so thing may likely continue to be.

I can't say I like the Panne art here (although as is well know, I like very little if anything from FEH), though Panne the Hedgerabbit is silly. Eyes look a little too big, and her appearance is a little too soft for a character who leaned towards looking like a grump in Awakening. Not to say she was grumpy in bad way, you could also interpret it as strong and proud, which I guess are the foundations of her character from what I remember of Awakening, and the FEH art lacks enough of it.

Also, not sure if I like the pantslessness. It's a weird thing since I never really paid much attention to her 3D model in Awakening, and her profile image is only the waist up. And despite having glimpsed her official artwork and made aware of her pantslessness earlier, I never really felt it. I mean being part beast makes it reasonable, and to be fair, I'd be totally fine if we got Skrimir & Ranulf in the bottoms buff.:wub: 

Beasts having different dress codes from normal humans is perfectly acceptable and feasible, I have liked to imagine Gallia having looser dress codes outside of places with Beorc, they do fight naked after all. Although I like to pretend someone like Lethe would call any Gallian who proclaimed all Gallians should abandon clothes to be nuts, and maybe even hit them a swift kick in hopes of making them sane. According to Lethe, Laguz are practical, and if clothes have practical uses, then they should be kept when it is practical to have them on.

The Birds and Dragons however. Technically, they are shapeshifters, but I'm not so fine with them being naked and not having a problem with it societally, even if it is reasonable for them culturally and societally speaking. The reason being they have no fur and feathers don't replace body hair on them, so nothing can cover the genitals. I'm not into Tibarn, so I can't say I wouldn't have a problem with this if I had to see a Bird naked, it'd be Janaff.

For the Dragons, well for the Laguz, just as the birds don't replace body hair with feathers, neither do the Dragons with scales, nor do either opt for avian/reptilian reproductive structuring, which could make things better in a different way. And for the Manaketes, the humanoid form is ultimately an invention for them to escape degeneration (and perhaps a way to be less frightening to humans when interacting with them), it is not natural like humanoid form is for the rest. Since it is an invention, I can see them not being so big on nudity, yes in their true forms they're naked, but now they primarily use invented bodies, so wearing the invention called clothes is no worse.

So TL;DR, Medeus wanted dragonkind to be liberated from the slavery of clothes in FE1 and Marth forced upon him the shackles of underwear. Had Medeus full power, he would have walked up to Marth devoid of attire (the residual effects of his prior death and the Binding Shield) and ripped him to shreds, even with the Falchion.

18 minutes ago, TheWildestCat said:

I hope it's easy like Naisala's was. What would the beast units be week to in terms of weapon. 

They don't have a weapon that they're weak to, yet, but she is blue, so green units have the advantage there, at least. I'm not sure about her stats yet, but we'll see how it goes. If all else fails, Phoenixmaster will put up a useful guide on YT if you're okay with using those :D 

Speedos? Ew, no thanks. Those look stupid to me no matter what. I also don't care about a guy's bulge/crotch. I'm asexual, so I do not look at that kind of thing. I just dig manly guys with muscles. Summer Frederick was my kind of male fanservice. Cool swimshorts and showing off sexy rippling abs. Admittedly, he is showing off quite a bulge, but I can easily ignore it because he's at least not wearing a revealing speedo or anything. And man, how can I ever resist those abs?! Also, some guys would be so out of character wearing speedos. I cannot picture the more serious and uptight dudes like Frederick, Geoffrey, Kent, Ike, etc. wearing them at all.

Maybe the womanizers like Sain and Gatrie would. But even them I would never want to see wearing those.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Speedos? Ew, no thanks. Those look stupid to me no matter what. I also don't care about a guy's bulge/crotch. I'm asexual, so I do not look at that kind of thing. I just dig manly guys with muscles. Summer Frederick was my kind of male fanservice. Cool swimshorts and showing off sexy rippling abs. Admittedly, he is showing off quite a bulge, but I can easily ignore it because he's at least not wearing a revealing speedo or anything. And man, how can I ever resist those abs?! Also, some guys would be so out of character wearing speedos. I cannot picture the more serious and uptight dudes like Frederick, Geoffrey, Kent, Ike, etc. wearing them at all.

Maybe the womanizers like Sain and Gatrie would. But even them I would never want to see wearing those.

I'm asexual, too xD

I just like how they look :) Different people have different tastes, after all. I wouldn't want it to be every seasonal or even every summer thing, but it would be nice to see a guy in something that revealing at least once, for me at least ^.^

That being said, it would have to suit the character. I wouldn't want Kent in one because he really wouldn't... Though seeing him in a bunny outfit would be too adorable for me to pass up - ooc or not xD