New Heroes: Kitsune and Wolfskin

Anacybele

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I think the names Kaden and Keaton both come from cotton to follow that name trend. Selkie is from silk. I don't know where Panne or Velouria come from. But Yarne is from yarn.

Those who have seen my latest writing contest entry and saw that I mentioned a taguel OC named Polly, her name is from polyester to keep that trend as well.

Velouria is from Velour, which is a plushy fabric similar to velvet.

Not sure if this is where Panne comes from, but in Spanish there's a fabric called Pana, which in English is known as Corduroy.

2 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Also, while this is saying very, very little I know, Selkie's new voice is way better.

By virtue of the fact that it doesn't crack every other line like E.G. Daily's version did.

Sucks that it's tied to such a thin character.

3 minutes ago, Jave said:

Not sure if this is where Panne comes from, but in Spanish there's a fabric called Pana, which in English is known as Corduroy.

Oh, I see then.

3 minutes ago, Jave said:

Panne is a kind of crushed velvet I'm pretty sure.

17 minutes ago, Medeus said:

Keaton makes sense since it's a real English name, but also a type of flannel, so the localization kept the theme going while also keeping close to its origins. Kaden does also keep the theme, but I agree with you that they probably should've kept the JP name since Kaden sounds out of place compared to the rest of the Hoshidan cast. 

Eh, I think it's pretty confusing for a lot of gamers who associate Keaton with the Zelda Mask Fox (as you could see with the one I quoted). I personally prefer Flannel. Also lengthening Velours name felt unnecessary. But this isn't the topic for that, so I'll stop here.

I wonder if we'll ever get Yarne. He is one of the least popular Awakening kids, but his class may still get him in at some point.

Edited by Nanima

And just I thought I can stash some orbs, well I can considered it gone now because I want to pull for all four units on this banner, for the first time in 2019. I pray to Naga that I hope to get at least Kaden and Selkie. Panne is free so that's very nice to hear as well.

Yarne is probably (hopefully) on brave redux banner.

1 minute ago, Nanima said:

Eh, I think it's pretty confusing for a lot of gamers who associate Keaton with the Zelda Mask Fox (as you could see above). I personally prefer Flannel. Also lengthening Velours name felt unnecessary. But this isn't the topic for that, so I'll stop here.

I wonder if we'll ever get Yarne. He is one of the least popular Awakening kids, but his class may still get him in at some point.

Eh, outside of rereleases the Keaton foxes haven't appeared in a Zelda game since Majora's Mask nearly two decades ago, so outside of nostalgia I don't think the mix-up is that big of an issue. With that said, I'll agree to drop it since it's not the topic at hand. 

As for Yarne, I agree his class will allow him to get in someday, beasts are looking to be the next dragons for how desired they are for Heroes players. 

3 minutes ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

And just I thought I can stash some orbs, well I can considered it gone now because I want to pull for all four units on this banner, for the first time in 2019. I pray to Naga that I hope to get at least Kaden and Selkie. Panne is free so that's very nice to hear as well.

Yarne is probably (hopefully) on brave redux banner.

Yarne is far less popular. There are many more units ahead of him in CYL that aren't in yet.

Besides, that coward deserves to stay away as long as possible.

I'm just going to truncate all those godawful YuGiOh card weapon descriptions:

----------
Wolfskin Laguz transform effect: Atk+2, Special damage +10 (same as Nailah's)
Kitsune Laguz transform effect: Atk+2, if the kitsune initiates, inflicts Atk/Def-4 during combat and prevents follow-up from enemy

Keaton: Spd-5, Brave doubling effect on both phases
Velouria: Spd+3, CD-2 to herself and her Support Partner on Turn 1
Kaden: Def+3, grants his visible buffs to allies within 2 spaces during combat
Selkie: Res+3, if her enemy is a melee and she has more Res than them, gains 50% of the difference to all stats during combat (max of +8 each)
----------

Anyway, am I the only one mad that the next GHB beast is the same color as Naesala?

2 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

Anyway, am I the only one mad that the next GHB beast is the same color as Naesala?

I do kind of wish Panne was red, green, or colorless rather than blue myself for that reason, yeah. But I'll take her anyway!

28 minutes ago, Stroud said:

My hopes got crushed again. What next time, either Charlotte or Rinkah... at least Panne is free that is something nice. Finally I have a blue merge project I want. 
I will save up more orbs. Just put Rinkah into a seasonal banner like Charlotte. Do not care anymore T_T Just put her in the game.

She is almost certain to get into the next Fates NH at this point, think on the bright side. CYL3 means they'll be keeping an eye on her, and Fates is IS's safe place when it comes to FEH.

1 minute ago, Some Jerk said:

Nope, Tybrosion is as well. 

7 minutes ago, Johann said:

This is my first exposure to these characters and I'm not impressed

What can be said? For those of the Awakening-Fates generation, Tellius is unknown to them. These are the only beasts they know and can reasonably access. Not to personally criticize any of them in personality, I can't do that.

Also, I think is relevant.:

Spoiler

23 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Selkie is cute, I guess.

No one's mentioned how obnoxious the cavalry beast shared effect is yet? On player phase, opponent has -4 Atk and Def during combat and cannot make a follow-up attack?

Kaden's pretty much guaranteed to demote. Ignoring the cavalry beast weapons, Goad Beasts is the strongest thing in his kit, and Goad skills are the least powerful of the movement-type-specific buffs.

The effect is literally "Drive My Visible Buffs", so I don't see why not.

Well, you probably are right, but I think Velouria has a pretty decent shot of getting demoted on the basis her fodder, though not completely subpar, is something we've had access to for a while now as a sacred seal and from Joshua. We've only recently gotten a Link skill from a tempest trial unit, so I'm not sure if the devs are ready to demote them into the normal summoning pool just yet.

Speaking of Velouria though, I'm tempted to S-Support her and Male Corrin if I do pull for her. As a colorless unit, she benefits from the +4 to all stats more than other units since she doesn't have any color weakness, and helps Corrin out by giving him Special pre-charge. The biggest problem is that Corrin isn't a dragon or beast unit,  meaning that he always has to be two spaces away for Velouria to perform at her max potential.

5 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

I'm just going to truncate all those godawful YuGiOh card weapon descriptions:

----------
Wolfskin Laguz transform effect: Atk+2, Special damage +10 (same as Nailah's)
Kitsune Laguz transform effect: Atk+2, if the kitsune initiates, inflicts Atk/Def-4 during combat and prevents follow-up from enemy

Keaton: Spd-5, Brave doubling effect on both phases
Velouria: Spd+3, CD-2 to herself and her Support Partner on Turn 1
Kaden: Def+3, grants his visible buffs to allies within 2 spaces during combat
Selkie: Res+3, if her enemy is a melee and she has more Res than them, gains 50% of the difference to all stats during combat (max of +8 each)
----------

Well... at least is better that getting another Slowish Infantry Red Mage as the GHB/TT.

At least Panne will have a different movement type... and most likely a different stat-spread (she will have a lot less res :P )

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

What can be said? For those of the Awakening-Fates generation, Tellius is unknown to them. These are the only beasts they know and can reasonably access. Not to personally criticize any of them in personality, I can't do that.

Speaking as an Awakening genner, seeing the 5 Tellius beasts and what their brief bouts of backstory offer was interesting and makes me invested in learning about them.

Also as an Awakening genner, PLEASE MAKE TELLIUS COST LESS THAN $70 USD USED. ASSUMING YOU CAN FIND THE DAMN THINGS.

Edited by Xenomata

15 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Yarne is far less popular. There are many more units ahead of him in CYL that aren't in yet.

Besides, that coward deserves to stay away as long as possible.

Yeah I know he isn't popular like the rest of 3ds beasts, was just too excited about this banner and sad that he got left out. 

13 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Also as an Awakening genner, PLEASE MAKE TELLIUS COST LESS THAN $70 USD USED. ASSUMING YOU CAN FIND THE DAMN THINGS.

Precisely the problem! As I've said before, Awakening, Fates, and SoV (and soon to be 3H) are practically the only titles to be widespread accessible for modern gamers unwilling to put in a great deal of effort. And since the 3DS is practically dead now, access to the 3DS era is starting to die too.

Everything not 13-15 is not easily accessible. FEs 1-6 + 12 need emulators, and that has a tint of illegality and requires a some effort to figure out (which is not nothing, since I borked my chance at TRS and can't figure out how to correct it). 7 & 8 are available on the Virtual Console... on that big flop called the Wii U. Tellius requires a Wii or a real good computer to emulate and are expensive. FE 11 is a DS game, compatible on the 3DS, so it is accessible, but still not quite so accessible, and the game itself isn't exactly likely to win converts to older FE, since its minimalism is an acquired taste.

With Nintendo unwilling to put GBA Virtual Console on Switch, nor have they put any old game on iOS/Android- an accessible and enduring playing system (and touchscreen controls would not be terrible with not-Tellius FE), the foreseeable-future chances of increased accessibility for any old FE is unlikely. Save in remake form.

I am lucky to be a childhood Blazer who became a young adult Telliusian. I could choose to like/dislike Awakening and Fates if I wanted to, newer gamers don't have the choice about liking or disliking (which is fine- different strokes for different folks) Blazing Sword or Path of Radiance or so many other titles. Since they can't do such a thing with a game they can't play.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

So I just realized Velouria's weapon is the solution for "I want to use Special Spiral, but I can't get a high-cooldown Special to activate on round 1".

So now any infantry with a Slaying weapon can do Navarre and Ophelia's AoE spam.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Considering Keaton himself has Special Spiral and a busted weapon effect to go with it, I'd be unsurprised if Velouria was designed to work with him specifically. Kaden and Selkie have a similar dynamic where the former can easily boost the latter's Res through the roof for her weapon effect.

Personally I'm really curious about what Keaton's Atk stat is going to be, because Draconic Aura hints at it being fairly high, and with his weapon + Velouria support + Special Spiral he might be able to slot in Heavy Blade to launch 4-turn specials right out of the gate.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

She is almost certain to get into the next Fates NH at this point, think on the bright side. CYL3 means they'll be keeping an eye on her, and Fates is IS's safe place when it comes to FEH.

This is true, Rinkah has a good chance on the next fates banner. And this banner was in the realm of expectations anyway. And on another bright side Panne is a good surprise. 
Also have units like Echidna I would like to have in Heroes and compared to Rinkah her chances are far less. 

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

So I just realized Velouria's weapon is the solution for "I want to use Special Spiral, but I can't get a high-cooldown Special to activate on round 1".

So now any infantry with a Slaying weapon can do Navarre and Ophelia's AoE spam.

Yeah, I really consider pulling her to support my Sonya. Depending on her HP Infantry Pulse feels like an option here. Now Dark Excalibur just needs a good refine...