Frozen II - Teaser Trailer! Releasing in November 2019!

Anacybele

So, a thought occurs.

There's a line from the pappa troll in the first movie where he asks if Elsa was born or cursed with her power. After the king responds with her being born with it and the conversation moves on.

I wouldn't be surprised to see that come up in this sequel.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I would like more of an explanation of where Elsa got her powers, so I do hope it comes up, yeah.

Didn't Disney mention that she got her powers from the Winter Solstice? Regardless, I'm looking forward to this film. I love Frozen ( Anna is my favorite princess ) and Ralph breaks the Internet as shown Disney can make good animated sequels. 

3 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

Didn't Disney mention that she got her powers from the Winter Solstice? Regardless, I'm looking forward to this film. I love Frozen ( Anna is my favorite princess ) and Ralph breaks the Internet as shown Disney can make good animated sequels. 

I dunno, I never heard that one before. I never saw either Wreck-it-Ralph movie.

39 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I dunno, I never heard that one before. I never saw either Wreck-it-Ralph movie.

Oh Never Mind. I found something that might explain it.

Disney Wiki: According to Jennifer Lee, even though the reason for Elsa's ice magic is never explained except for a mention that she was simply born with it, it has been hinted that the source of her magic may have been caused by a 1000-year alignment between Saturn and other distant planets like Uranus, Neptune, dwarf planets like Pluto, etc.; much like how Rapunzel got her blonde hair from the Sun's light.

Anyway, my brother's friend who graduated from Ringling College of Art and Design is working on this film as an Animator. Can't wait to see his work!

3 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

Disney Wiki: According to Jennifer Lee, even though the reason for Elsa's ice magic is never explained except for a mention that she was simply born with it, it has been hinted that the source of her magic may have been caused by a 1000-year alignment between Saturn and other distant planets like Uranus, Neptune, dwarf planets like Pluto, etc.; much like how Rapunzel got her blonde hair from the Sun's light.

Rapunzel got her powers from a magic flower that her mom ate while pregnant with her, not the sun.

That planet aligning thing wouldn't surprise me though. It's been done before... (Disney's Hercules)

Also, that's really cool about your brother's friend!

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Rapunzel got her powers from a magic flower that her mom ate while pregnant with her, not the sun.

That planet aligning thing wouldn't surprise me though. It's been done before... (Disney's Hercules)

Their talking about the hair color, not the powers. Wasn't Hercules born with his power?

29 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

Their talking about the hair color, not the powers. Wasn't Hercules born with his power?

Oh.

Yes, Hercules was born with his power, but the movie still had a planets aligning thing be the reason Hades could free the Titans.

• 3 months later...

I know this thread is a few months old now, but it's still on the first page, so can I bring it back? This movie got a new trailer a few days ago!

Now it's sounding like this film may explain the origin of Elsa's powers. I've been hoping to learn that!

• 5 months later...
On 3/12/2019 at 12:39 PM, Dayni said:

So, a thought occurs.

There's a line from the pappa troll in the first movie where he asks if Elsa was born or cursed with her power. After the king responds with her being born with it and the conversation moves on.

I wouldn't be surprised to see that come up in this sequel.

Oh would you look at that I was right.

Yeah I consider this worse than the first one after seeing it at last. I do think I'd have to look at it again though in fairness, though the songs were overall weaker and despite everything Olaf did it again. Dammit.

Also, spoilers:

Spoiler

Can we all just agree Elsa's totally the Avatar now? Bridge between mortals and spirits, has an affinity with 2 or 3 of the four elementals and they just didn't bother with the earth ones, hallucinates the past all the bloody time, struggles with keeping hold over her powers and has to destroy at least something her predecessors had kept. It's all there! All she needs now is to Air, Fire and Earth bend.

Also does this make Elsorra a legit crackship now?

I disagree, Frozen II is better than the first! I thought the songs were just as good too. Though this time, I thought Kristoff's song was the best one, rather than Elsa's.

One of the biggest reasons I really liked this movie though, is:

Spoiler

It completely throws out the theory that connects Frozen to Tangled, The Little Mermaid, and Tarzan. I can't believe anyone thought it was true, it never made a lick of sense.

Edited by Anacybele

20 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I disagree, Frozen II is better than the first! I thought the songs were just as good too. Though this time, I thought Kristoff's song was the best one, rather than Elsa's.

One of the biggest reasons I really liked this movie though, is:

Reveal hidden contents

It completely throws out the theory that connects Frozen to Tangled, The Little Mermaid, and Tarzan. I can't believe anyone thought it was true, it never made a lick of sense.

1. How? Legit not sure about what you're on about.

2. How did it hurt anything? Tangled's kind of canon as is. 😛 Hell, a certain thing at the end would suggest that Tarzan could be linked to it time wise. (I'm not saying it does: I haven't seen Tarzan but a certain neat thing kind of pushes Frozen closer to the 1900s than I was anticipating).

Like I said, I'll have to look at it again, which is unfortunate because I'd prefer to be sure where I stand. Though yes, Kristoff's 80's pop cheese is something else.

Also, the repeated mention of water having memory just drove me up the wall (because homeopathy).

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

1. How? Legit not sure about what you're on about.

2. How did it hurt anything? Tangled's kind of canon as is. 😛 Hell, a certain thing at the end would suggest that Tarzan could be linked to it time wise. (I'm not saying it does: I haven't seen Tarzan but a certain neat thing kind of pushes Frozen closer to the 1900s than I was anticipating).

Like I said, I'll have to look at it again, which is unfortunate because I'd prefer to be sure where I stand. Though yes, Kristoff's 80's pop cheese is something else.

Also, the repeated mention of water having memory just drove me up the wall (because homeopathy).

1. I don't know how to explain it, really. I just enjoyed this movie's plot a bit more, I guess, and the dynamic between the main characters as whole. I liked seeing the new characters too, though I'm not sure why a black guy is present in a Scandanavian setting. No one is black there, I'm pretty sure.

2. ...You don't know what theory I'm talking about, do you. It's the theory that states that Anna and Elsa's parents were on their way to Flynn/Eugene and Rapunzel's wedding when their ship wrecked, that they survived their shipwreck and wound up in Africa where they gave birth to Tarzan, and their shipwreck is later the one found by Ariel. This theory makes no sense because how does a couple sailing in Scandanavian waters end up in Africa? And I can't picture Ariel's kingdom being that far north when Eric's has sandy-looking beaches and is close by.

Frozen II debunks this theory entirely because it confirms that:

Spoiler

Anna and Elsa's parents were actually looking for the origin of Elsa's powers, not going to a wedding, and they actually did die in the shipwreck. And the shipwreck itself isn't in a location that even closely resembles where Ariel found one.

Edited by Anacybele

I loved the second more than the first, definitely. Gorgeous to look at, very enjoyed the story, and the songs were an improvement to me. I can see how that's all subjective, but man I adored the movie. Maybe one or two small beefs, but overwhelmingly positive feelings

Lost in the Woods was like 4 of the best minutes of cinema in all history

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

2. ...You don't know what theory I'm talking about, do you. It's the theory that states that Anna and Elsa's parents were on their way to Flynn/Eugene and Rapunzel's wedding when their ship wrecked, that they survived their shipwreck and wound up in Africa where they gave birth to Tarzan, and their shipwreck is later the one found by Ariel. This theory makes no sense because how does a couple sailing in Scandanavian waters end up in Africa? And I can't picture Ariel's kingdom being that far north when Eric's has sandy-looking beaches and is close by.

Frozen II debunks this theory entirely because it confirms that:

Reveal hidden contents

Anna and Elsa's parents were actually looking for the origin of Elsa's powers, not going to a wedding, and they actually did die in the shipwreck. And the shipwreck itself isn't in a location that even closely resembles where Ariel found one.

Yeah, I forgot that was a thing.

There's a lot of good points raised by both you and Specta. I do think however it was pretty easy to tell how it would handle things. I also had the poor timing of seeing the post-credit scene before the movie.