Have you tried rapidly tapping Heroes' sprites in the Catalog of Heroes?

XRay

Have you tried rapidly tapping Heroes' sprites in the Catalog of Heroes?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Have you tried rapidly tapping Heroes' sprites in the Catalog of Heroes before reading this topic?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If you replied "No" to the first question, did reading this topic made you try it out?

• Yes
    • No
    • N/A
  3. 3. Do you like this feature?

• Yes
    • No
    • Neutral

Here is a fun, silly topic. So, have you tried rapidly tapping Heroes' sprites in the Catalog of Heroes? I do it sometimes when I hangout with my friends to liven things up and make people laugh. Some characters unfortunately do not work though; I tried rapidly tapping Leanne and Reyson, but they do not make any fun noises. Surprisingly, I think Loki's and Camilla's fun noises are actually a little boring. HNY!Camilla's fun noises are pretty good though.

If you do not know what I am talking about and want to try it out, please make sure you DO NOT try it out in public. The voices that characters can make are very... um... stimulating.

Are there any other fun/unconventional/unintended ways you use Heroes?

Edited by XRay

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

HNY!Camilla's

Okay, I only speak english, which of the camillas is this one? Even when I can see their sprites I won't know which one it is until I can select them.

And yes I've tried this thing out. I guess I like it in the sense of old school games having sound test features where you can play all the noises. No such feature for music, but with all these years of the game I'm not in a fuss over being able to hear this music some more. I've had animations off for years as well so being able to play those battle sounds is valuable in that sense.

9 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Okay, I only speak english, which of the camillas is this one? Even when I can see their sprites I won't know which one it is until I can select them.

It is Camilla: Holiday Traveler from Happy New Year! Focus.

Edited by XRay

I knew about the single taps, but not the other kinds.

I like the spaced-out ones for double attacks and holding for the special, but the rapid tapping seems like a strange way of handling damage. I'm not sure if there are any better alternatives, but it seems off somehow.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

but the rapid tapping seems like a strange way of handling damage.

Maybe my head is just in the gutter, but I assume they use rapid tapping to encourage the player's other hand to do another activity rapidly.

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

Maybe my head is just in the gutter, but I assume they use rapid tapping to encourage the player's other hand to do another activity rapidly.

Like typing out a post describing the feature. Really a brilliant idea on IS's part and I hope more features that include rapid tapping are included later

14 minutes ago, DarthR0xas said:

Like typing out a post describing the feature.

10 minutes ago, Othin said:

Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

Both of these replies are great, and I'm not even sure if the latter was intentionally punny.

I've never tried it, and long since abandoned the game.  But I would like to know if my faves do that as well.  You know, the 'Boro, Catria, Katarina...

9 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

I've never tried it, and long since abandoned the game.  But I would like to know if my faves do that as well.  You know, the 'Boro, Catria, Katarina...

I assume you mean Oboro. She sounds like she is surprised by how big her spear feels.

Catria sounds like she is having her first time and is taken pretty violently. HATF!Catria sounds like she is taking a dump.

Similar to Catria, Katarina's first time sounds pretty painful too.

Edited by XRay

1 minute ago, GrandeRampel said:

For most cases, it's just silly. But in some rare cases... Try doing this with regular Gunnthra. Just try it...

I would but Gunnthra is the only Nifl sibling I'm missing.

4 minutes ago, Nym said:

I did it by accident.

I swear.

It is okay. I made the poll anonymous so people would not feel embarrassed.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

It is okay. I made the poll anonymous so people would not feel embarrassed.

:P

11 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

I would but Gunnthra is the only Nifl sibling I'm missing.

I have New year Gunnthra, I can euh... confirm she make noises.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I can always change that poll, y'know! :P:

That may cause a lot of embarrassment, although I guess most people who vote are probably the ones least concerned about being embarrassed.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

That may cause a lot of embarrassment, although I guess most people who vote are probably the ones least concerned about being embarrassed.

Just because I can doesn't mean I will! :P:

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Just because I can doesn't mean I will! :P:

Top 10 most powerful anime characters.

9 minutes ago, Nym said:

:P

I have New year Gunnthra, I can euh... confirm she make noises.

Thank you for confirming.

Ah yes one of the more "interesting" things one can do with this game's VA. I've done it and I am not ashamed to admit that. It's a shame you can't really do it with form changers though. I mean it's possible just more difficult due to the extra animation. Also it makes you wonder if this was intentional. A part of me wants to give the devs the benefit of the doubt but I dunno.

Edited by Ottservia