Weekly Fatesawakening Support Discussion Thread (Week 1 Redux: Male Robin)

10 minutes ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

What about Pent and Louise (at least in FE7), or Harken and Isadora, or Midia and Astram? Or even Marth and Caeda? None of those pairing produced children in those games.

I was just trying to prove a point in a somewhat silly manner. There are a ton of exceptions in Fire Emblem, lol. Way to douse my fire! :XD:

7 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Why would she think that if she never tried to have one before?

Tied in with my previous comment about Fire Emblem babies, I basically acknowledged this already.

On a somewhat related note, one thing I try to usually convey is that there is no hard truth (except in matters of absolute canon). I have my on views on many things and in most cases (I'm not flawless) I allow that I can be wrong or that it's not the only valid opinion. I didn't write Tiki's character or anything Fire Emblem related. Anything can happen, really.

If I keep getting questioned I'll have to pull out a Padme "you're breaking my heart" gif!

P.S. If this somehow reads as passive aggressive, please note that I wrote this reply with a smile on my face the entire time. Also, I love talking about relationships, this is my kind of thread!

Well people, we have a change. Every week now, we will talk about one person’s supports. Everyone who posts will have to give their top 3 platonic and romantic relationships with each character. Here is the criteria of which supports count as which:

Platonic: C-A w/ those of the same AND opposite gender (so S-supports a male and female (or those of the same gender) do not count).

Romantic: C-S (So full supports between two characters that are official).

Do make sure to list why you think such. Will give my thoughts later in the week.

• 5 months later...

Robin romantic support with Sumia is the best and more believable one, they have interests in common, learn with each other and it flows naturally. He also has interesting romantic conversations with Maribelle and Olivia.

Also the supports of male Robin with Chrom is better in quality and world building than the female one, idk why they didn't keep it the same for both genders.

Romantic: Sumia, Olívia, Maribelle

Platonic: Gregor, Virion, Tiki

On 2/19/2019 at 1:45 PM, Dayni said:

I find it interesting that the B support hints at Sigurd also being an ancestor of Chrom, though it's kind of weird to have an avatar character be compared quite closely to Marth personality wise (hence why maybe avatar character isn't accurate in FE) from early on in the conversation, almost like Tiki has some attraction to Marth still that lingered and then kind of passes on to Robin, even if she can differentiate pretty clearly later on as she becomes more attached to Robin. It's interesting as well to see Robin talk himself down when he funnily enough he is the intended vessel for Grima and thus has some exceptional and draconic heritage and could know this by the time the conversation's triggered. Her mention of Gharnef sadly doesn't go much anywhere either sadly. Also, I kind of hope Tikiwiki makes it into Heroes somehow.

Not a pairing I dislike, but not exactly up there for me.

You know, analyzing further, Chrom's relationship with Robin (regardless if its romantic or not) mirrors  Sigurd relationship with Deirdre. Robin has the Grima mark which is ignored by Chrom the same way Sigurd closed his eyes regarding  Deirdre's background, both decided to stand with their friends/lover  until the end, even if it brings their own fall.

In Awakening Chrom could win in one of the timelines just because of the help of his time traveler daughter, while Sigurd turned barbecue due to his poor political decisions. Not to mention Chrom and Sigurd  same role  as fathers of Lucina and Seliph respectively, children for whom they both left the duty to fix the messy future after their deaths. 

-

Other than that,  regarding lore, it's interesting that at one point one of Seliph's descedents married into Ylissean royalty. 

Edited by Mylady