What would you like to see from a “Promoted Lords” banner?

Alastor15243

So, most, if not all lords in the series are generally depicted in spinoff works with their unpromoted outfit (while still having their iconic personal weapon). This, I feel, is a shame, because a lot of lords have really, really cool-looking promotion outfits I’d love to see in games other than their origin game.

So say they decided to do a banner showcasing variants of main characters using their promoted outfits. Which ones would you most want to see?

For me the biggest one is Lord Ike.

180D96A9-B9BA-43C7-B159-28CEFA2DE48F.thumb.jpeg.1b6a90ea46508de1178fbb49ffb9f1e9.jpeg

Personally I feel this is the coolest-looking Ike has ever been, with that black coat and the blue cape, and I love his fighting stance too. In fact my favorite thing about Valentine Ike was that IS finally acknowledged for the first time since the original game that Ike wasn’t always a power-prioritizing tank, and used to be a more speedy but still tough fighter.

If this happened, would anyone else have any big hopes for variants they’d want to see?

Edited by Alastor15243

Lord Ike is my personal favorite promoted lord and my favorite version of Ike.

However, there is one that I would consider an even higher priority. That being Grandmaster Robin. Give him/her a Levin Sword and make them a powerful infantry sword user with innate Distant Counter and the Light Brand effect on their weapon. Put the hood over them and shroud their faces so that this version of Robin can be ambigiously gendered/not require two incarnations like Fell Robin did.

2 minutes ago, Etheus said:

That being Grandmaster Robin. Give him/her a Levin Sword and make them a powerful infantry sword user with innate Distant Counter and the Light Brand effect on their weapon.

Imo, this is what legendary Robin SHOULD have been. And I'd still like this, though not as a legendary now since that'd be redundant at this point.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Imo, this is what legendary Robin SHOULD have been. And I'd still like this, though not as a legendary now since that'd be redundant at this point.

I agree. I also strongly feel that Grima should have been cloaked, because having a legendary Robin just be a female, flying, colorless variant of Grima felt highly anticlimactic, and more than a little wrong. 

(It doesn't help that Grima is more of a mythic figure than a legendary one).

1 minute ago, Etheus said:

I agree. I also strongly feel that Grima should have been cloaked, because having a legendary Robin just be a female, flying, colorless variant of Grima felt highly anticlimactic, and more than a little wrong. 

Yeah, exactly! I was so mad when this legendary Robin turned out to be Grima. I seriously expected Levin Sword and stuff.

Edited by Anacybele

Also, I'm aware that Innes is a pre-promote, but perhaps a stronger, even more decorated Innes would be possible? Like the equivalent of a Tellius T3 promotion variant on him.

Innes is one of my favorite characters in the entire franchise (being everything that makes Shinon so cool, without the overt racism) and I am more than a little disappointed with his Heroes iteration. 

Edited by Etheus

12 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Cloaking Robin doesn’t really work. Their outfit would still clearly be male or female due to them being different, and also it’d be weird and out of character if normal Robin never spoke.

Edited by Alastor15243

3 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Cloaking Robin doesn’t really work. Their outfit would still clearly be male or female due to them being different, and also it’d be weird and out of character if normal Robin never spoke.

Fine. Just default to male Robin. Robin is more typically depicted as male (whereas Corrin's female version is more iconic than male Corrin) anyway. 

28 minutes ago, Etheus said:

However, there is one that I would consider an even higher priority. That being Grandmaster Robin. Give him/her a Levin Sword and make them a powerful infantry sword user with innate Distant Counter and the Light Brand effect on their weapon. Put the hood over them and shroud their faces so that this version of Robin can be ambigiously gendered/not require two incarnations like Fell Robin did.

Instead of Light Brand, I was actually hoping for something like Felicia's Plate, where it damages the lowest of the stat, either Def or Res. 

Just now, Gregster101 said:

I know Leif doesn't promote to a Master Knight in Thracia 776, but Master Knight Leif :P

I would also say Conqueror Alm since he is my favorite lord, but I feel like that's inevitable at this point.

Master Knight Leif would be amazing, though a lot of what makes that class so awesome couldn’t be translated to heroes’ mechanics. Still, it’d be a thing to see.

10 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Instead of Light Brand, I was actually hoping for something like Felicia's Plate, where it damages the lowest of the stat, either Def or Res. 

That works too. But have it be conditional. Treat it like a sort of reverse Breath where it defaults to magical and melee foes suffer the adaptive damage effect. 

Horse Leif and Seliph or riot (I just want Leif and Finn to support, best knight and lord finally working well together. I think I'd be more than alright with alts for Leif and Finn).

We didn't get a lance Chrom, so his great lord design would be an excuse if he ever gets CYL or IS get bored. 

I will say yeah Lord Ike would be neat, but can he please either not use swords or at least not Ragnell? He's 2/4 Ragnell and 3/4 Swords right now. 

Come to think of it, we never did get a sword Hector, it would be nice to fix that. Neither Robin or either of Corrin's promoted classes are in the game yet, so those have to counted honestly, could give us some excuses for broken weapons.

Before I say anything, I want it known that I am just as sick of sexy Fates Royals as everyone else.

That said, I DO think Hoshidan/Nohr Noble Corrins would be neat. The two classes are very different, as are the Blazing Yato and Shadow Yato. One is more supportive and gains a boost to Atk and Spd from Yato, while the other is more offensive and gets beefed Def and Res from Yato. One gains Staves (or Rods I guess), the other Tomes. One gains a skill that decreases the damage taken by a nearby ally and increased skill activation, the other gets a skill that debuffs the enemy and a skill that allows the use of an allies skills.

Even if it'd be more Fates pandering, it'd be a lot more interesting than trying to make a balanced out Corrin with Omega Yato.

ohhh, so noooowwww people want a Mythic Ike. I knew you'd come crawling back.

I'm still a hard no on New Heroes alts on principal. Hector number 5 just to get a sword variant, Chrom number 5 just to get a lance variant, total pass. Some Lords are already in the game with all their canonical weapon types like Ike, and some of the Lords have their promoted forms already, such as Legendary Lyn, Ephraim, Eirika, etc. At this point we're just asking for another outfit which is the purpose Seasonal Banners already serve. The only promoted Lord I'll be okay on seeing in a future New Heroes banner is Alm, since I would be ecstatic to see us return to Echoes at all and that dude has bizarrely remained alt free. I'm also one of those weirdos who A) saw Alm could wield bows and B) occasionally used bows over his overpowered personal swords to set up some kills for other units.

Edited by Glennstavos

I want a proper Blade Lord Lyn with a Sol Katti variant (or dual wielding Mani Katti and Sol Katti; effective damage against cavalry, armor, and dragons would be sweet).

My GBA/Tellius bias also wants Lord Ike, Shaman Micaiah, and Espion Sothe (complete with a Special skill that prevents him from killing the opponent).

Also an overclass version of every Echoes character.

I totally agree with what seems to be most people here: I want PoR!Lord!Ike! I love his look! He can talk about having been worried about having to wear a funny hat, too. :P

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

Lord Ike is my personal favorite promoted lord and my favorite version of Ike.

I second Grandmaster Robin. Robin with Levin Sword is really overdue in my opinion and I would like to see this implemented. I'd rather see M!Robin though.

I personally agree that Grima should have been the ambigiously gendered/hooded one, it was such a lost opportunity for them.

Other lords I'd like to see is Ike, Eliwood and despite my general Fates aversion, the promoted classes of Corrin I think would be super cool. I loved their actual physical designs.

6 minutes ago, Kiran_ said:

Other lords I'd like to see is Ike, Eliwood and despite my general Fates aversion, the promoted classes of Corrin I think would be super cool. I loved their actual physical designs.

Isn’t Knight Lord Eliwood already in the game? He’s riding his blue-maned white steed and everything.

Eventually. Not now though as several of those characters have gotten alts already and we still have characters that don't have their regular version put into the game as well as alts for some of the older cats like Sigurd and Seliph.

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque