What would you like to see from a “Promoted Lords” banner?

Alastor15243

40 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Isn’t Knight Lord Eliwood already in the game? He’s riding his blue-maned white steed and everything.

To be 100% honest I don't even consider that one because it's so poorly drawn it hurts my actual soul.

2 hours ago, Etheus said:

Also, I'm aware that Innes is a pre-promote, but perhaps a stronger, even more decorated Innes would be possible? Like the equivalent of a Tellius T3 promotion variant on him.

Make him a Ranger, like his father King Hayden, viola Bow Cavalry. Or since Frelia is also know for Pegasus Knights, put him on one of those (a Pegasus, not a Pegasus Knight).

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

I'm still a hard no on New Heroes alts on principal.

Same here. I only am posting in a hypothetical scenario where this must exist.

2 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

Cloaking Robin doesn’t really work. Their outfit would still clearly be male or female due to them being different, and also it’d be weird and out of character if normal Robin never spoke.

Distort their voice into something inhuman, and then since it has been so distorted, leave the VA blank. Or, since I recall Guillo of the two-toned voice, have both of Robin's normal voice actors say the exact same lines and then sync them together before throwing on a layer of distortion. That way they can list both male and female VAs and leave in the gender ambiguity.

And really, does Grima care about what their plumbing is in their feeble mortal coil? I'm sure Grima in their true form can let themselves be impregnated by anyone, and impregnate anyone in turn. And they can sculpt Risen too, and probably self-reproduce. They are beyond gender and sexuality.

For Master Knight Leif to work, adaptive damage and or the ability to conditionally gain WTA would suffice. Also, make the weapon not Sword, anything else will do. But I'm not sure what. Then again, somebody should bring us the Bragi Sword.

I'll take Lord Ike as well, maybe ditch Ragnell for the Regal Sword.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Distort their voice into something inhuman, and then since it has been so distorted, leave the VA blank. Or, since I recall Guillo of the two-toned voice, have both of Robin's normal voice actors say the exact same lines and then sync them together before throwing on a layer of distortion. That way they can list both male and female VAs and leave in the gender ambiguity.

And really, does Grima care about what their plumbing is in their feeble mortal coil? I'm sure Grima in their true form can let themselves be impregnated by anyone, and impregnate anyone in turn. And they can sculpt Risen too, and probably self-reproduce. They are beyond gender and sexuality.

I was talking about normal Robin, not Grima, to be clear.

I agree with Ike. Looks cool!

I like Grandmaster Robin too. Though I think legendary Robin as Grima makes sense. Grima is literally the final boss, so it has the connotation of being the most powerful, while promoted Robin can happen the moment you get your first master seal. 

As for lords depicted with their promoted form, there really are only a few that currently exist in the game. I think Ryoma: Supreme Samurai kind of looks like his promoted class in Fates? Cavalry Eirika and Ephraim also count, I think. Oh, and Lucina with the lance! Is Legendary Marth in his promoted? Either way, there're definitely not a lot of promoted looking heroes. 

Corrin as a Hoshidan Noble/Nohrian Noble might be an interesting idea, since their respective Yato's give them slightly different buffs. But I'm not sure about more Corrin alts (or another Fates banner). They could do that with Kana, however.

I'm quite partial to the idea of promoted Alfonse / Sharena, and it may be a good opportunity to flesh out their characters, if there will be a Book dedicated to them. Let's hope FEH gets better writers... 

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Reminds me of a fanfic where Robin goes around banging and impregnating the women in the Shepherds. To be honest, that seems like what a Fellblood might be compelled to do.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I actually like this one. Why don't we have a cloaked Grima that has both male and female voices with a distorted layer? Definitely gives a more godlike feel to it, and transcends the gender. 

And honestly, I think the Japanese voice for Grima in Awakening when he talks to Lucina was definitely more menacing where it was a booming deep and echoing voice. But Lucina handled the scream better in English.

3 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

I was talking about normal Robin, not Grima, to be clear.

Woops! Didn't catch that. Although I do wish the Silent Avatar option of Japanese Awakening was always available in all versions of all future games with avatars.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Reminds me of a fanfic where Robin goes around banging and impregnating the women in the Shepherds. To be honest, that seems like what a Fellblood might be compelled to do.

More babies = more chances of spreading Grima vessels and Grima spawn pawns. Makes sense. And even when the current world is destroyed, Grima can shoot some spawn into space and the Outrealms to destroy more things while they chill in the world and planet they destroyed. The Grima children who succeed in destruction of other worlds create their own spawn and then release them into yet other worlds, to destroy more. So is the lifecycle of an undomesticated/befriended Fellblood: Birth-maturity-migration-destruction-reproduction-relax and watch your kids leave to do the same. Planet Awakening: Grim Future is such a good nature documentary. Plus, Full-Grima'ed Morgan sounds silly but so very deadly.

Actually, maybe THAT is why Robin feels so compelled as to chat with everyone in Awakening. Their underlying urge to seek out hosts makes them want to be amicable so they have a better chance of attracting a person to them. Their good humanity restrains them from performing rape and adultery, hence the limit to 1 S Support. (I joke of course.)

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

More babies = more chances of spreading Grima vessels and Grima spawn pawns. Makes sense. And even when the current world is destroyed, Grima can shoot some spawn into space and the Outrealms to destroy more things while they chill in the world and planet they destroyed. The Grima children who succeed in destruction of other worlds create their own spawn and then release them into yet other worlds, to destroy more. So is the lifecycle of an undomesticated/befriended Fellblood: Birth-maturity-migration-destruction-reproduction-relax and watch your kids leave to do the same. Planet Awakening: Grim Future is such a good nature documentary. Plus, Full-Grima'ed Morgan sounds silly but so very deadly.

Actually, maybe THAT is why Robin feels so compelled as to chat with everyone in Awakening. Their underlying urge to seek out hosts makes them want to be amicable so they have a better chance of attracting a person to them. Their good humanity restrains them from performing rape and adultery, hence the limit to 1 S Support. (I joke of course.)

Despite how we're joking about this, this is a very scary and terrifying plan when you think about it. 

41 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

But Lucina handled the scream better in English.

Yeah, I think female screams and grunts and all those things tend to be super prissy in Japanese voicing. There are some good ones, but most of them are really bad. 

Blade Lord Lyn is an absolute must. Have her dual-wield the Mani Katti and Sol Katti, give her a stronger Sol Katti, or just give her the Mani Katti. Whatever works, just do it.

Grandmaster Robin with the Levin Sword would be cool, preferably Male Robin since F. Robin got to be a Legendary.

Lord Ike with the Regal Sword would be kinda cool.

Master Knight Leif is runner-up to Lyn as an absolute must.

I'm not really fond of the idea, although I suppose if they have to have more alts, they might as well go with canon outfits. That being said, I'd hate to see the Corrin's, (and not just because I dislike them as a character) since Female Nohrian Noble almost makes Camilla's getup look conservative. It's one of the worst cases of objectifying discrepancies between male and female outfit versions. That says a lot when talking about Fates. 

Alts like this are pretty much already being done via brave and legendary versions, but I guess as far as the idea some I'd like to see are:

• Blade Lord Lyn as others have mentioned, with Mani Katti and Sol Katti. Gotta get ready for Altina dual wielding Ragnell and Alondite anyway.
  • Knight Lord Eliwood with Rex Hasta. This could easily be what we get from Brave Eliwood.
  • Light Sage or Light Priestess Micaiah with a staff. Could give her Matrona.
  • As much as we really don't need more Fates, and as much as I hate male Corrin...Hoshido Noble F!Corrin and Nohr Noble M!Corrin wouldn't be bad. Female would have staves and male would have red tome.
  • As much as we also don't need more Awakening (not as badly as Fates, though), Grandmaster Robins with Levin Swords.

29 minutes ago, Nanima said:

I'm not really fond of the idea, although I suppose if they have to have more alts, they might as well go with canon outfits. That being said, I'd hate to see the Corrin's, (and not just because I dislike them as a character) since Female Nohrian Noble almost makes Camilla's getup look conservative. It's one of the worst cases of objectifying discrepancies between male and female outfit versions. That says a lot when talking about Fates. 

I dunno, I love Female Corrin’s Nohr Noble outfit. I realize it’s got a similar trashiness issue to the assless knights, but it’s integrated into the design way better so it least keeps the cool factor, and I get a real sort of vampire vibe from it which I love. I dunno, maybe my perception is skewed by the fact that my headcanon Corrin is a deranged perverted sociopath who would totally dress like a 90s comic book supervilainess for shits and giggles.

Edited by Alastor15243

27 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Female Nohrian Noble almost makes Camilla's getup look conservative. It's one of the worst cases of objectifying discrepancies between male and female outfit versions. That says a lot when talking about Fates. 

Not so sure if this is the case in the in-game depictions. Maybe the fanart made it so (sadly), but I don't think I see it... I think only her upper arms, collar bones, and that area above her thighs that are exposed. I really don't like the thigh part, but since her inner thighs were out in her pre-promote, I don't think it's any ludicrous evil.  

1 minute ago, leocanta said:

Not so sure if this is the case in the in-game depictions. Maybe the fanart made it so (sadly), but I don't think I see it... I think only her upper arms, collar bones, and that area above her thighs that are exposed. I really don't like the thigh part, but since her inner thighs were out in her pre-promote, I don't think it's any ludicrous evil.  

In fairness she’s also got exposed cleavage and is wearing a cravat like it’s a chippendale bow tie.

We've got most of the promoted lords as Legendary Heroes / alts, but there are a few options I would like to see.

Banner Units:

• Female Nohr Noble Corrin (Ideally either a Red Tome or Sword Infantry)
  • Eliwood (Lance Cavalier)
  • Micaiah (Staff Infantry)
  • Alm (Red Bow Infantry or Armor)

Tempest Trail:

• Male Hoshido Noble Corrin (Green Dragon or Stave Infantry)

I could probably swap Male and Female Corrin as banner units since we already got a free Male Corrin a while back,  but that would displace the male:female banner ratio. Honestly doubt this sort of Banner would come true anyways, since promoted Hero alts are usually a big part of most of the game's story banners / Legendary Hero Banners.

13 minutes ago, Florete said:

Blade Lord Lyn as others have mentioned, with Mani Katti and Sol Katti. Gotta get ready for Altina dual wielding Ragnell and Alondite anyway.

Slap Slaying effect and effective damage against armor and cavalry onto original Sol Katti, and give it Brave effect too since she is dual wielding, and she will be perfect.

I hope Altina gets Meisterschwert effect with Distant Counter.

33 minutes ago, leocanta said:

I am not sure if they edited that in the English version, but in Japanese she is literally wearing a thong and you can see her asscheeks.

10 hours ago, Nanima said:

I am not sure if they edited that in the English version, but in Japanese she is literally wearing a thong and you can see her asscheeks.

I don't think its actually that extreme to call it a thong, but it definitely is there, yes.

Re: topic

Naturally, all the lords who can, ought to have some sort of promoted alt of themselves, though the ones I'm most lookig forward to are both Corrins, followed by Alm & Celica in overclasses.

Aside from them, what I'd rather have even more than that are promoted alts for non-lord units. No matter what your opinions on them are, Kinshinoka and Paladin Chrom are lit af and it'd be awesome if there were more like them, where necessary. I'd love, for example, a Starlight Linde

13 hours ago, Nanima said:

Oh I had no idea! That's so sad! Doesn't female kana share the same Nohr Noble outfit? Isn't Kana underaged? I'm really scared about tiny Kana in Nohr Noble now.