Who do you think will be the next GHB unit from Binding Blade?

Garlyle

Who do you think will be the next GHB unit from Binding Blade?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will be the next GHB unit from Binding Blade?

• Idunn
    • Brunnya
    • Galle
    • Murdock
    • Jahn
    • Someone else

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/05/2019 at 03:00 AM

Question is given, the Binding Blade banner is getting pretty close.

I personally see Idunn as a potential Mythic Hero, so I'm hoping for another Bern General this time around. There has to be a GHB with Binding Blade, right?

Idunn is possible as a Mythic, and would probably be the best way money-wise since one could be pitybroken by one of the other two featured of the color. But unfortunately for her she'd come way late in the month after BB hype died down. Unless IS is actually doing two New Heroes in March, and the first isn't Binding Blade. But three NHs in a row? The Moon would suddenly be three inches from Everest and getting closer if IS did that.

Rutger starts as an enemy, he is our third/fourth/fifth Navarre, so he could be GHB. But he might be too popular for that.

Any of the three remaining Wyvern Generals: Murdock, Gale, and Brunnya are all feasible GHBs. None have the popularity in itself that'd make them heavily pulled for, unlike Idunn and Rutger. Perceval is a Rutger-like choice, but less popular I think, so he is more feasible.

Jahn is too forgettable and male.

Or we can have Fir taking after Daddy and swinging a Nameless Axe.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Idunn strikes me as someone they wouldn't waste on a GHB or TT, plus her map is duller than Awakening's worst maps... not suited to a GHB.

If anything, Murdock or Brunja would suit the role better.

I will not claim to know about Binding Blades units, but given Panne and Jamke being GHB units despite both being perfectly recruitable units (and Panne never even being an enemy), I'd say it's fair game for anyone from BB to be a GHB unit...

Rutger could be a GHB. So can Perceval.

-----------------------------

6 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I will not claim to know about Binding Blades units, but given Panne and Jamke being GHB units despite both being perfectly recruitable units (and Panne never even being an enemy), I'd say it's fair game for anyone from BB to be a GHB unit...

Jamke is basically bow Navarre. And Navarre himself is a GHB unit. Ayra could have been one, but being the original Astra wielder means special treatment. 

With the love they have been giving dragons, Idunn will likely be summonable as a Mythic and made hotter. Jahn could be a GHB because no one cares about him.

People would paaaaaayyyyyy for Idunn. And I don't see these others being added to the game, but my vote went to Murdock

Edit: Yeah actually when I came into this thread I was going to suggest Perceval. 

Edited by Glennstavos

I think Rutger or Murdock are the most likely.

Idenn seems like she'd work well as a Mythic Hero and even if not, she's popular enough to go on a banner.

Brunnya isn't popular, but she has large breasts and skin showing in all the right places, so she'd probably end up on a banner like Ishtar.

I'm not really feeling it for Jahn.

I feel like Gonzales has a decent shot, though.

I wouldn't mind getting Cath. 

I'd guess Rutger or Gonzalez. Idunn seems too high profile to get relegated to GHB and it would seem to me a wasted opportunity that they'd put the highest voted character as the freebie, but then I don't rule anything out.

That said, I totally expect Wolt for TT and we get a 3 unit banner

15 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Idunn is possible as a Mythic, and would probably be the best way money-wise since one could be pitybroken by one of the other two featured of the color.

I actually thought that Idunn will be the FE6 GHB for a long time, but now that Mythic Heroes are a thing, I can see them selling her as a MHB, making a few bucks out of it. Which could be a good thing.

On the other hand, Panne just happened (she was 54th in CYL3)

15 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Murdock is possible. He does appear in both Elibe games after all. Its not like he appears much in either of them but appearing in both and being a Dragon General each time has to count for something. 

I want to give credits for this too, but then it raises the question: Where the heck is Marcus? He's one of the most known character in Elibe.

13 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Brunnya isn't popular, but she has large breasts and skin showing in all the right places, so she'd probably end up on a banner like Ishtar.

I'm not really feeling it for Jahn.

I feel like Gonzales has a decent shot, though.

Brunnya actually finished at #329 in CYL3, making only 2nd most wanted from FE6 boss units after Idunn. I don't really understand why, as Brunnya, Jahn and Idunn were endgame bosses, and had little appearances throughout the story. Murdock and Galle contributed a lot more.

Gonzales as GHB? I see where the idea come from. IS, just make sure to add him to the game soon enough.

9 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I'm guessing it will be Idunn, but I'm hoping it's Galle...

Idunn does have a case for mythic. 

I am glad I'm not alone on this.

Murdock (as a green Arden), Gonzales, Jahn or Rutger. Most likely Murdock. 

Idunn will most likely appear in a Legendary/Mythic banner while Brunnya could be a TT reward or as a banner unit since her design is fanservice-friendly. 

3 hours ago, Garlyle said:

I want to give credits for this too, but then it raises the question: Where the heck is Marcus? He's one of the most known character in Elibe.

Marcus is in a spot currently hogged by Jagen. Marcus is by far the best Jagen and he blows the original Jagen out of the water in every and all areas. That said Marcus is still a very, very conventional Jagen who's personality, design, and story role all revolve around the typical archetype that got started by Jagen. Since we already have Jagen it decreases the need for another old retainer who's loyal to his teenaged lord. 

Its one of the flaws of relying so strongly on archetypes. At some points adding multiple members of each archetype just becomes a very inefficient way of adding new characters. Tauroneo and Duessel have their difference but in design and personality they are so similar that strictly speaking you only really need one of them. 

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Marcus is in a spot currently hogged by Jagen. Marcus is by far the best Jagen and he blows the original Jagen out of the water in every and all areas. That said Marcus is still a very, very conventional Jagen who's personality, design, and story role all revolve around the typical archetype that got started by Jagen. Since we already have Jagen it decreases the need for another old retainer who's loyal to his teenaged lord. 

Its one of the flaws of relying so strongly on archetypes. At some points adding multiple members of each archetype just becomes a very inefficient way of adding new characters. Tauroneo and Duessel have their difference but in design and personality they are so similar that strictly speaking you only really need one of them. 

I think if they worked him in earlier it wouldn't have been a problem, but now it's tough to add any new melee Cav to the game and get people excited because of how plentiful options are. If back in the day they added him as like an Axe Cav with Oscar's statline he would have been unique but now everyone has access to Groom Marth. There's just not much interesting to do with him as a unit and that combined with not having a very marketable design will likely keep him out of the game. He certainly has a shot at making the next banner, but I'd bet my money elsewhere.

That being said, if he was a sword chick or something he'd have a much better shot.

6 hours ago, colossus86 said:

I think if they worked him in earlier it wouldn't have been a problem, but now it's tough to add any new melee Cav to the game and get people excited because of how plentiful options are. If back in the day they added him as like an Axe Cav with Oscar's statline he would have been unique but now everyone has access to Groom Marth. There's just not much interesting to do with him as a unit and that combined with not having a very marketable design will likely keep him out of the game. He certainly has a shot at making the next banner, but I'd bet my money elsewhere.

That being said, if he was a sword chick or something he'd have a much better shot.

You could say basically the same thing about 90% of the units not yet in the game.

At this point, most would join in unit types we already have a lot of.

I’d rather Marcus makes the game in his Blazing Sword form though.