What are your top 5 most wanted potential GHBs?

Fabulously Olivier

Who do you really want to enter the game as a GHB? 

Keep in mind that, while not a hard rule, villains, Camus archetypes, and other bosses are generally the best fit. Characters like Kana and Panne are the exception, not the rule. The problem being that if we use Kana or Panne as a precedent, literally any character could plausibly be a GHB. 

Mine are:

5. Travant (Geneology/Thracia 776)

Let's get some more Jugdral love.

4. Nergal (Blazing Sword)

Self-explanatory.

3. Selena (Sacred Stones)

While Sean Conner- I mean Duessel is my favorite of the Grado generals, he's more likely to be a banner unit, and Selena would make for a great GHB.

2. Bryce (Path of Radiance)

The wielder of the the Wishblade, and a strong candidate for another f2p distant-counter-weapon armor unit.

1. Bertram (Path of Radiance)

Cavalry sword unit using a Rune Sword, which would function similarly to Leif's Light Brand. Could also carry an effect similar to Saber's refined Golden Dagger.

Edited by Etheus

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5. Caellach. Always liked this guy. Just absolute scum and i love it.

4. Uhai. Nomad Troopers are awesome and should replace bow knights forever. I like the loyalty to others of there brethren.

3. Dheginsea. King of the Dragons, anything else need to be said?

2. Izuka. Hes a creep and caused a nation wide pandemic for entire race of people.

1. Jarod. Such a good Antagonist and is just pure evil.

5. Jarod (Radiant Dawn): He'd be kinda cool as the GHB for the next Radiant Dawn banner.

4. Caellach (The Sacred Stones): Aside from Duessel, he's the only Grado general I remotely care about. Too bad Borespar is far more likely to show up than him.

3. Gangrel (Awakening): He is Awakening's first primary antagonist and I like the guy. Plus, we still don't have a dagger GHB unit.

2. Travant (Genealogy of the Holy War): He might be my favorite sympathetic villain. I could easily see him get in as a GHB whenever Altena shows up.

1. Ashnard (Path of Radiance): He is Path of Radiance's main antagonist and final boss. He also has a huge-ass sword and is an ax-crazy social Darwinist. What's not to love here?

I would've had Dheginsea on here, but he shouldn't be anything less than a Mythic Hero as far as I'm concerned. Plus, he'd still get an event battle anyways that way.

5. Jarod (Radiant Dawn): Probably my favorite of the RD original villains and it would be interesting to see a relatively more minor villain make it in

4. Emperor Arvis (Genealogy of the Holy War): Ok this is technically cheating because Arvis is already in the game, but it would be cool to see him get an alt based on his older self as an Emperor in the second generation

3. Nergal (Blazing Sword): I'm kind of surprised Nergal isn't already in Heroes considering he's the main villain of the first localized FE game. He's long overdue at this point.

2. Ashnard (Path of Radiance): Like Nergal, it's honestly surprising Ashnard isn't already in Heroes yet. He'd make a kick ass GHB.

1. Travant (Genealogy of the Holy War): My most wanted GHB at this point. I can see getting in when Altena is eventually added.

• Arete: If there can be so many Azuras why not include her mom? Blue/green tome cavalry needs more units.
  • Petrine: There needs to be better horse lancers in the game. Hopefully she can provide that.
  • Sonia: I wonder what creative stuff can be cooked up with her kit?
  • Darios: I want some Warriors representation in the game.
  • Medeus: His  Earth/Shadow dragon form is good for me. The final boss of 4 games should be in.
Edited by Jingle Jangle

I'm really liking the Jarod comments here especially since I'm a big fan of how he takes over the story in part 1 of RD

1 minute ago, Jingle Jangle said:
  • Arete: If there can be so many Azuras why not include her mom? Blue/green tome cavalry needs more units.
  • Petrine: There needs to be better horse lancers in the game. Hopefully she can provide that.
  • Sonia: I wonder what creative stuff can be cooked up with her kit?
  • Darios: I want some Warriors representation in the game.
  • Medeus: His  Earth/Shadow dragon form is good for me. The final boss of 4 games should be in.

I wonder if we actually end up getting Medeus as a Mythic instead now that they are a thing, even if we are talking about his SD appearance. 

Besides Jarod, I would also like to see Rudolf, Jedah, Nergle, and Ashnard.

Hmm, let's see if I can pick 5. To me, a grand hero is someone who isn't going to kneel without a fight. The summoner needs to prove him/herself, and the grand hero doesn't make this requirement without cause, being powerful in his/her own right, and certainly no pushover. Like the champion of a colosseum... That's just my thought on it, though.

1. Ashnard (FE9)

2. Deghinsea (FE10)

3. Validar (FE13)

4. Nergal (FE7) (Somehow I forgot about him at first)

5. Groom Surtr (Heroes)

Looks like I can only come up with 4 right now. I'll edit in the last one and possibly honorable mentions if any others come to mind.

Mine are mostly big bads that fit into the "How are they not in the game yet?" category

1: Ashnard

2: Sephiran

3: Nergal

4: Rudolf

5: Petrine

Edited by Rezzy

1. Apotheosis!Anna: I rather see her as a Mythic Hero with customizable stats, but it is fine to have her be a GHB unit too.

2. Sonia: She has Bolting, so maybe they can give her Firesweep tome.

3. Selena: She got Bolting too.

4./5. Any Bandit Twins: We need more axe units, and I like the bandit twins as comedic relief.

2 hours ago, Etheus said:

The problem being that if we use Kana or Panne as a precedent, literally any character could plausibly be a GHB. 

I think that is probably what the developers want. They broke the pattern so they do not have to follow that expectation. There is no reason why GHBs have to be characters we fought against.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Mine are mostly big bads that fit into the "How are they not in the game yet?" category

1: Ashnard

2: Sephiran

3: Nergal

4: Rudolf

5: Petrine

This is pretty much my line up, only I'd likely swap Petrine out for Jedah or Manfroy.

2 hours ago, Zihark11 said:

5. Caellach. Always liked this guy. Just absolute scum and i love it.

4. Uhai. Nomad Troopers are awesome and should replace bow knights forever. I like the loyalty to others of there brethren.

3. Dheginsea. King of the Dragons, anything else need to be said?

2. Izuka. Hes a creep and caused a nation wide pandemic for entire race of people.

1. Jarod. Such a good Antagonist and is just pure evil.

Yes. Making him a Grand Hero Battle would mean he's free to play. Which in turn means he won't be broken. And Dheginsea deserves to be broken.

A lot of RD's final foes are now likely to Mythic, well, at least one of them. More depending on how many Mythics in total they plan to do, whether they plan to expand the definition to include other units, whether they'll fabricate characters of whom we see nothing, and how many OCs they'll add.

All this said (note I'm indecisive, you could change me easily):

1. Ashnard- Obvious. The big bad of PoR. Just make sure he gets a cool weapon effect based on his second phase and or love for the sensation of being threatened with death.
  2. Nergal- Obvious. His injured art better be this:
    Spoiler

CG31.png

3. Jarod- As has been said before is a uniquely personal villain for Micaiah and the Dawn Brigade.
  4. Gangrel- Although I'm neutral on Awakening, he was perhaps the best villain of the cast. The Plegia Arc was tight and meaningful, and he was petty and disgusting, but that was the kind of villain he was meant to be. Levin Daggers sound neat too. BTW, does anyone know if his title is the same as Ashnard's in Japanese?
  5. Perne- Thracia doesn't have a lot of good choices, Kempf, Raydrik, Birdo, Xavier, and Galzus (the best of this limited bunch). Perne does start as an enemy, and is a leader of thieves. He like Gangrel would be a Dagger GHB. And Thracia needs all the PCs it can presently get in this game.

Actually, thinking on Gangrel, TMS Gangrel anyone?

Spoiler

350?cb=20151221192610

His head is detachable. Just what we all need- a Dagger user who uses their head. 

20 minutes ago, XRay said:

I think that is probably what the developers want. They broke the pattern so they do not have to follow that expectation. There is no reason why GHBs have to be characters we fought against.

I can get why they haven't done it yet, the issues of reruns and it not bringing in any additional revenue (but why not sell Grails then?), but we haven't had a single Seasonal GHB. I'd maybe like one.

Maybe, since I'm mostly saying this with my hypothetical and desired Summer Sports Seasonal in mind. Can you beat the Coach of Champions: Mathilda on her court? (Mathilda in basketball attire, dribbling a basketball, on a horse.)

1. Petrine. Lance cavalry with Flame Lance.
  2. Sonia. Green tome infantry.
  3. Fallen Scarlet. Yeah, I know we already have a Fallen Fates GHB, but I'd still like to see this Scarlet.
  4. Harken. Axe infantry. In general I like the idea of characters who were recruitable enemies being GHBs.
  5. Gazzak. Axe infantry. First boss ever! Get Batta at some point as well for the west's first boss.

1. Bryce

2. Shinon (if he's not on a banner, I can see him as a GHB)

3. Ashnard

4. Petrine

5. Jarod

Yeah, all Tellius because it's my fav. :P

Edited by Anacybele

In no particular order:

Medeus - First final boss in the whole series. He deserves a seat at the table.

Samuel - Literally just make it a reskin of Navarre's map. Your job is done for you IS.

Nergal - Super interesting villain, and if you consider his story gives a whole new perspective to every other dark mage in the series, which I feel like is a side of things often glanced over.

Brendan Reed - We have both of his sons, and he was a great character. Could flesh out the old Black Fang even better, which I've always found to be an interesting part of that game. 

Sephiran - Not gonna spoil too much, but I do think he deserves to be a GHB unit. Have we had GHB dancers yet? I don't think so. Seems like a solid reason even beyond just his story. 

Honestly, I prefer the Jamke / Kanna style GHBs that focus on giving us recruit-able units with generic weapons, rather than the Garon type GHBs, which has us fighting a major series boss with a more unique, but less flexible prf weapon. Call me simple-minded, but I prefer the having the flexibility of choosing what my unit specializes in through the weapon refinery without having to waste another 20k feathers inheriting a new weapon or dealing with an effect that is good, but inconvenient to use. Not saying these weapons are bad; just hard to use.

Regardless, here are the 5 GHBs I'd like to see:

• Anna (Either Infantry Bow with Shining Bow+ or Sword Infantry with a Levin Sword Prf)
  • Percival (Sword or Lance Cavalier; dunno what prf he could have though, maybe Slaying Lance / Slaying Edge+?)
  • Wolf (Bow Cavalier, either with Brave Bow+ or Slaying Bow+)
  • Fado (Axe Armor with Garm)
  • Mareeta (Sword Infantry with Mareeta's Sword prf or Brave Sword+)

1. Priam. I like/hate his paralogue and hopefully FEH can recreate that again.

2. Selena (from FE8). She is quite a memorable character from that game.

3. Astram. He could be the wasted potential with a cool prf and disappointing stats in a sea of sword units, just like how he is in New Mystery.

4. Taoroneo (cool guy) /Fiona (maybe she finally has a chance to be good)

5. Arlen. I put him last because I really wants him to come on a banner with cool skills and busted stats, but if ghb is the way for him to appear in FEH I am cool with it.

2 hours ago, FoxyGrandpa said:

Honestly, I prefer the Jamke / Kanna style GHBs that focus on giving us recruit-able units with generic weapons, rather than the Garon type GHBs, which has us fighting a major series boss with a more unique, but less flexible prf weapon. Call me simple-minded, but I prefer the having the flexibility of choosing what my unit specializes in through the weapon refinery without having to waste another 20k feathers inheriting a new weapon or dealing with an effect that is good, but inconvenient to use. Not saying these weapons are bad; just hard to use.

Regardless, here are the 5 GHBs I'd like to see:

• Anna (Either Infantry Bow with Shining Bow+ or Sword Infantry with a Levin Sword Prf)
  • Percival (Sword or Lance Cavalier; dunno what prf he could have though, maybe Slaying Lance / Slaying Edge+?)
  • Wolf (Bow Cavalier, either with Brave Bow+ or Slaying Bow+)
  • Fado (Axe Armor with Garm)
  • Mareeta (Sword Infantry with Mareeta's Sword prf or Brave Sword+)

I think Percival could make a good axe cav. He's one of the best axe units in the game after all and we need to increase that green number count (though I suppose for the purpose of GHB the colour would have no influence on the summoning pool).

When I look at GHB, I'm always thinking of enemy units that I can't recruit - also looking on names only in CYL list, so that's why I left Kishuna out. Idunn I find boring, and I expect her to be Mythic anyway.

1. Galle - cool character, strong story arc, I am actually a fan of this guy
  2. Travant - if you played Genealogy, this doesn't need any explanation.
  3. Murdock - his loyalty to Zephiel and for the final showdown against Roy in Heroes
  4. Manfroy - you guys ever had a villain that you just love to hate?
  5. Ashnard - I'm still playing Path of Radiance, but I'm looking forward for this guy
Edited by Garlyle

5. Jarod (Radiant Dawn). It's cool to see so many people mention him. He definitely left an impression.

4. Orson (Sacred Stones). One of the coolest character, just because of his unique role and backstory. Plus it would funny if we got him before Forde, Kyle and Franz.

3. Nuibaba (Echoes). Witches are cool. Give her Medusa and recreate the nightmare that is her map.

2. Petrine (Path of Radiance). Put her in the game already.

1. Travant (Genealogy). He will come soon, guaranteed.

I would have put Medeus in the top 5, but after Duma I want him as a Mythic Hero.

- Orson (Sacred Stones)

- Denning (Blazing Blade)

- Yashiro (TMS #FE)

- Murdock (Binding Blade)

- Grommel (Path of Radiance)

Honorable mentions: Gheb (Sacred Stones), Etzel (New Mystery of the Emblem), Petrine (Path of Radiance), Horace (New Mystery of the Emblem) and Mr. Fuga (Fates). 

Edited by Lord-Zero