Who will return?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was used in the story and advertised than I would probably have a problem with it.

Buuuuuut, I would not mind a post game that involved another character form a different game so we could at least put our new continent on the map.

I know Echoes didn't give us a new character in the post game but it was still cool that they allowed us to go to Thabes. In my opinion it was a post game done right where it didn't really have a lot of plot importance (to Alm and Celica atleast) and just better established the connections between Valentia and Archanea as well as Awakening call outs without making them painfully obvious and annoying like in Fates.

I wouldn't mind Ike or some other traveler end up here in the slightest as long as it was in the post game, I find it important to connect the games with each other in at least one way as long as it doesn't detract from the story being it's own thing.

8 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Let's not personally beat the dead horse of the case of "Ike's sexuality" here.Ā 

Nobody's talking about his sexuality though? Only how we might like to see him appear.

I don't mind Anna returning. It's a series tradition, and I don't see a reason to break it now. Maybe even bring along Jake this time as he hasn't appeared in a while.

As for other characters returning, I'd say just keep them as easter eggs and cameos instead of making them full out playable characters. Have Kellam in the background of a cinematic, or Ike in the background of a cutscene, but don't have them be playable or try to find an excuse for why they're there. Just keep them as a small joke, and nothing more, and watch as people still try to find a reason for why they're present because easter eggs being a fun reference somehow eludes them.

Echoes implementation is also not a bad idea, where it's just extra aid or content that has an in-universe explanation, but nothing that affects the story as a whole.

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Nobody's talking about his sexuality though? Only how we might like to see him appear.

Mentioning wife and kid or such throws the subject of sexuality onto the table.

3 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

I don't mind Anna returning. It's a series tradition, and I don't see a reason to break it now. Maybe even bring along Jake this time as he hasn't appeared in a while.

Ā 

I 100% want this to happen. Jake needs to come back.

5 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Mentioning wife and kid or such throws the subject of sexuality onto the table.

...No, it doesn't. I'm not arguing that Ike is straight or bi or whatever. I'm just offering my opinion on what I'd prefer to see if he should show up with a lover or family. There's a difference.

If we have Amiibo compatibility, I'd prefer the way Fates did it. Echoes's implementation is dumb imo. Fates let us actually recruit and level up the character, Echoes didn't do this at all.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

If we have Amiibo compatibility, I'd prefer the way Fates did it. Echoes's implementation is dumb imo. Fates let us actually recruit and level up the character, Echoes didn't do this at all.

I dunno. I actually prefer the phantoms over actual characters. It gives questions to who they are.

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

I dunno. I actually prefer the phantoms over actual characters. It gives questions to who they are.

They don't stay with us or anything. It makes the whole idea feel pointless. Why use the Amiibo if they're actually not going to do much at all?

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

They don't stay with us or anything. It makes the whole idea feel pointless. Why use the Amiibo if they're actually not going to do much at all?

Because they are not really canon and don't belong there? Them being phantoms that only assists us for a small time makes way more sense than having the likes of Marth, Ike, Robin, and such appear out of nowhere and just joining us.Ā 

Do you actually want to have the case that the character (like Corrin) meets them, kicks their ass, and recruits them?

Anna. Amiibo characters, too, I guess. Maybe even Cipher OCs (especially since 3 more have joined us since he Cipher DLC in SoV).

To think itā€™s almost been two years since that game released. And that Heroes is only slightly older at a little over two years.

16 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Because they are not really canon and don't belong there? Them being phantoms that only assists us for a small time makes way more sense than having the likes of Marth, Ike, Robin, and such appear out of nowhere and just joining us.Ā 

Do you actually want to have the case that the character (like Corrin) meets them, kicks their ass, and recruits them?

Then there's no point in having any Amiibo compatibility. If all it will do is have a character attack a bad guy and then disappear, I'm not interested. That's not enough and not worth the money you have to spend on the figures at all.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Then there's no point in having any Amiibo compatibility. If all it will do is have a character attack a bad guy and then disappear, I'm not interested. That's not enough and not worth the money you have to spend on the figures at all.

Amiibos were originally designed for Smash Bros. They were made compatible with other things later on if I recall right. So it would make sense why the amiibos would get a uch lower priority.

I strongly feel no one previously(hopefully?)Ā but Anna. But technically Anna is new in almost every game she appears with a different role so pretty much that any non-canon cameos will be relegated to DLC or Amiibo(unless they change this up like items, dungeons if returning and weapons only).

2 hours ago, Pegasus Knight said:

i am not familiar with any pre 3ds games, so no one else makes sense? echoes has many recurring characters but i guess gaiden was a somewhat a direct sequel of a previous game, right?

Not really, but Valentia is not that far from Archanea.Ā 

Anyway, I'd expect to see Anna. Maybe the Cipher characters as DLC, too.

25 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Amiibos were originally designed for Smash Bros. They were made compatible with other things later on if I recall right. So it would make sense why the amiibos would get a uch lower priority.

No, they were designed to work with a number of games. Smash was just the first one.

3 hours ago, Pegasus Knight said:

Many FE games have at least 1 previous character returning. So who do you think might be this time or who do you want to be?

I would prefer to have at least 1 from pre-awakening games. Since Heroes has introduced previous characters i think that's possible..

Ā 

In the end i hope its anything than what they did with Fates with awakening characters...

Ā 

Ā 

Amiibo characters, yes.

Awakening/Fates time traveling characters disaster, surely not.

37 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Echoes idea of Amiibos usage was good on paper.

the problem is that the final result was terrible due to dumb decisions in terms of gameplay mechanics, because let's be honest: having to scan an Amiibo every single time in order to use it for one single turn wasĀ not only a waste of time, but it wasn't even that great under the tactical aspect since you had to sacrifice your main unit's HP in order to summon it.

it would have been a hundred times better if the Amiibo summons were scanned only one time, saved in a summon windowĀ and actually stayed for the entire battle, at least that would have made much more sense.

30 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

yes and no.

up to Male/Female CorrinĀ i believe they were all forĀ Smash Bros.Ā Chrom/Tiki wereĀ for Warriors. Alm/Celica were exclusive for Echoes. so far, only Awakening and Fates managed them in a proper way, be it cards or actualĀ units with supports.

Ā 

as for me, i'm ok with having all Amiibos characters available, even if they wouldn't be permanent units but just temporary, as long as their usageĀ is not horrible like it was in Echoes.

it's a shame to have a collection of FE figures that could potentially be used for more in-game content being left taking dust on a shelf instead.

Edited by Fenreir

I see no vampires in the game, I think it can be save to say Camilla will not return.

I can say it again, as long as it is written well and not through some tricks I like a few to reappear. Anna is legit, even the return of Jake would be awesome.
One of the young dragons with older age? I'm fine with it, but it should be rather Nah, Fae or Myrrh.

I mean I'd rather not have old characters show up cause you know it just wouldn't make sense(unless one of them is like a teacher or something). I mean I was okay with the awakening trio in fates(admittedly though I am a bit biased on this front for obvious reasons) cause while outrealms were kind of a copout, it kind of makes sense. It also allowed for those three characters to get more development and growth(Though admittedly Laslow is the only one with any significant development. Selena got some too but it was rather hard to find being locked to only a couple supports two of which are revelations exclusive). I am not okay however with the reincarnation BS they did with Cordelia, Gaius, and Tharja. Cause at that point you lose pretty much lose what made those characters special in the first place. It's stupid and annoying and I hate it(though caeldori is fine because more character development for best girl is always a plus)

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No, they were designed to work with a number of games. Smash was just the first one.

Ā 

11 minutes ago, Fenreir said:

yes and no.

up to Male/Female CorrinĀ i believe they were all forĀ Smash Bros.Ā Chrom/Tiki wereĀ for Warriors. Alm/Celica were exclusive for Echoes. so far, only Awakening and Fates managed them in a proper way, be it cards or actualĀ units with supports.

Fair enough.Ā 

11 minutes ago, Fenreir said:

Echoes idea of Amiibos usage was good on paper.

the problem is that the final result was terrible due to dumb decisions in terms of gameplay mechanics, because let's be honest: having to scan an Amiibo every single time in order to use it for one single turn wasĀ not only a waste of time, but it wasn't even that great under the tactical aspect since you had to sacrifice your main unit's HP in order to summon it.

it would have been a hundred times better if the Amiibo summons were scanned only one time, saved in a summon windowĀ and actually stayed for the entire battle, at least that would have made much more sense.

Then let's combine the two aspects from Fates and Echoes. Scan one time, create the phantom, and the phantom becomes a playable unit that you can level up and such. Wouldn't that work better?Ā 

13 minutes ago, Fenreir said:

yes and no.

And that's because at the time, Smash was the only Amiibo compatible game. After that, all Amiibo became compatible with other games too. Smash was only the first one, like I said. Amiibo were always designed to work with multiple games.

Ā only want Anna to return and even then I only want the Secret shop back, It'd be nice to actually have to get the Member Card and find the shop in chapters again.

Amiibo stuffs fine because it's just a "Thanks for the money, have a unit that can die without worry"

4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Then let's combine the two aspects from Fates and Echoes. Scan one time, create the phantom, and the phantom becomes a playable unit that you can level up and such. Wouldn't that work better?Ā 

that's pretty much the role of the cards from the latest titles, with Awakening gloriously going all out by adding a huge roster of Spotpass teams based onĀ characters from previous titles.

besides, i'm sure people would be more than fine with that kind of approach. those who used to play with card unitsĀ did it mostly because they resembled characters that they liked a lot, so even supports wouldn't be really necessary in that case.

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And that's because at the time, Smash was the only Amiibo compatible game. After that, all Amiibo became compatible with other games too. Smash was only the first one, like I said. Amiibo were always designed to work with multiple games.

that partially depends on theirĀ timeframe release as well.

when Awakening was released, you could use only Marth, Roy and Ike to get card units in game. every other main/secondary characters from previous titles of the franchise were added to Spotpass as cards, plus extra DLC cards that were added later on.

by the time Fates was released, you had access only to Marth, Lucina, Robin and Ike, plus DLC cards including Minerva and Masked Lucina in the JP version.

by the time Echoes got released, you had access to all previous Amiibos as temporary phantom summons, including Alm and Celica to unlock secret dungeons for leveling, items and reveal more background stories too.

Chrom and Tiki were released after Echoes, for Warriors, so those are basicly the only 2 Amiibos that didn't see an actual use in a main FE game so far.

Ā 

don't get me wrong though, i understood what you meant. there's even Amiibos from other franchises that are compatible with Echoes, however that's the only exception compared to previous FE titles.

4 minutes ago, Fenreir said:

that's pretty much the role of the cards from the latest titles, with Awakening gloriously going all out by adding a huge roster of Spotpass teams based onĀ characters from previous titles.

besides, i'm sure people would be more than fine with that kind of approach. those who used to play with card unitsĀ did it mostly because they resembled characters that they liked a lot, so even supports wouldn't be really necessary in that case.

You mean the Einherjar. Yes, that was great, but I mean keep the bodies to resemble phantoms like in Echoes.