Question about Attacking

FoolMeNever

Okay, so, and friend and I recently got into playing this via FECipher Vit, however, there was something I still a bit confused about wrt declaring attacks in this game. Does every attacker and target need to be declared at once, or is it declared one at a time? I feel like I've seen both versions used in tutorials; because on the one hand, I fail to see what's stopping you from attacking the opponent's MC with every unit every turn, but on the other, cards like Cordelia and Inigo who become untapped when certain conditions are activated don't seem to make much sense.

I've always played it that you declare attacks one at a time, but I'm also somewhat new so I could be wrong on that ruling. But especially with your example of Galeforce Cordeilia, I'm pretty positive that's the case, since that would change how you approach combat. Still, if a veteran could verify that would probably be appreciated.

You attack one at a time.  Inigo + Cordelia combo is a great example of this - tap Inigo to buff Cordy, then tap and attack with Cordy.  If she gets a kill, BOTH her and Inigo untap - allowing you to attack with Inigo, then Cordy, and if Cordy's second attack kills, Inigo untaps for his own second attack attempt (or to tap and buff another girl).

Nothing's stopping you from attacking the opponent's MC every turn (besides attack range) with every unit - but if you leave the opponent's board up AND buff their hand size by breaking orbs, they are definitely going to have big turn once theirs rolls around.

I found that attacking the opponent's MC became less and less useful the better our decks got, but nothing is stopping you from building an aggro deck around the idea that you're attacking MC every turn and trying to end the game in the first 3 turns.