What kind of FE Spinoffs do you want to see next?

Jedi

While the dust clears for our first few, what kind of spinoffs would you like to see from Fire Emblem next? We've had a JRPG and Warriors game both now, along with the mobile game. 

What do the people here want to see? Even if you feel the idea is goofy or silly just shoot it out there. 

I myself still laugh at the idea of a Horse Racing game in the same vein as Mario Kart with items and cavs/pegasus/wyverns etc from all over the series.

I want to see the series to just give us a full degenerete pandering mess of a game ala Senran Kagura. I mean if IS wants to pander to the lowest common denominator so bad then they might as well do it right. Besides that though a fighting game would be nice.

I think I would vomit if they announced a "new round" of spinoff games. Especially since the hell of crossovers and remakes is ending in just a few months when Three Houses releases after two huge droughts of information (let's hope we're not sitting in a third). Please keep any and all announcements of such games until after July.

Fine, make an interactive anime in the same vein as Asura's Wrath. Bonus points if you keep the beat em up gameplay and write an equally unhinged main character.

Edited by Glennstavos

3 minutes ago, Decerd said:

A visual novel made by the Danganronpa team.

I'm dead serious too.

I actually wouldn't mind this either. I'd love to see what kodaka would do with the franchise

1 hour ago, Jedi said:

I myself still laugh at the idea of a Horse Racing game in the same vein as Mario Kart with items and cavs/pegasus/wyverns etc from all over the series.

But we need a Baby Marth! And Green Steel Lyn! Together We Ride takes on a whole new meaning.

If there is such a thing as an Open World Strategy RPG, I'd like Nintendo to give it a try. A new, beautiful world works for me, or revisiting an old continent (ideally all of them) works too. Sure FE's scenery is never really that fantastical, but they could try to flesh the continents out. I want to be able to roam forests like Gallia's, climb mountains like Silesse's, pass through the deserts like Nabata, sail on seas as integral as Archanea's, and then when I'm in the mood, go raid a place dangerous like Darkling Woods, or go and gamble some coin at the nearest city's Arena.

Thanks to SoV's dungeon segments, I think this would be possible, although I'd opt for fewer but more strategic battles per dungeon (the overworld is a separate case). Perhaps with the ability to sneak around and explore to do stuff to weaken some fights. For instance, I'm exploring the ruins of a temple now covered in vines, and I see a room filled with nasty foes, but then I see an offshoot path that brings me to a spot where I can clearly see a pillar. This pillar bears big visible cracks, with a little force it could be made to collapse, and happens to be right above some enemy mages with deadly Bolganone. I could shoot the pillar from afar, causing it to fall onto the mages, and thus when I choose to fight the battle in the main room, they'll be dead and my fight will be easier. I could also park several of my units at the proper entrance to the room and then order them to immediately engage, while others later ambush the enemy by leaping into the fray from the side path.

For the customizable main character, I'd opt for either a mercenary, or someone from a world traveling, Roma-like people. Outcasts found everywhere, they seek to survive and must engage themselves with the dominant societies they find themselves stuck within, despite whatever tensions arise.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

14 minutes ago, grinus said:

I would rather have an another 3DS Fire Emblem game instead of money and time spent on a spinoff game. Just saying the words spinoff brings up bile in my mouth and face turns hulk green.

Sounds like a personal problem. Considering other companies have handled the spinoffs so far I fail to see how the comment here even works. 

Gonna get mad about Mario or such having spinoffs too?

Oooh! I love the above ideas! Open world adventure (like Breath of the Wild, but your quest is a Fire Emblem storyline), something Visual Novel style... I wonder if we can do something like Nobunaga's Ambition/Pokemon Conquest type game!

Crossover with Yugioh characters but use FE Cipher cards instead. But this is most unlikely since Yugioh use games and anime mainly to boost the sales of their own cards.

The next best thing is Pokemon Conquest style game. Or crossover with Digimon, I think I saw a picture of Sanaki and Wargreymon combined their "fire ball" attack (cymbeline & Terra Force) and it looked really cool.

I'd want a proper class-based action RPG. I think that'd be fun.

32 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Sounds like a personal problem. Considering other companies have handled the spinoffs so far I fail to see how the comment here even works. 

Gonna get mad about Mario or such having spinoffs too?

There's also the part where... we're not gonna get another 3DS FE game.

Edited by Slumber

I'm not so sure about another spinoff, while Mirage Sessions had its good points, FE: Warriors didn't really work in my opinion.

There'd have to be a lot of passion for the original series in the project and a sense that the game was meant to stand on its own as a game rather then just a vehicle for advertising main FE games.

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

I'd want a proper class-based action RPG. I think that'd be fun.

I'd like this too. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch from regular FE, and you could easily make it about a small gang from canon, i.e. a Black Fang RPG where you start out with Brendan Reed, Lloyd, and Linus, then gradually build up the Fang into a mighty assassin's league.

Alternatively, an Advance Wars-style strategy game where you control the big armies of mooks we never actually see in the background of the games' main storylines. We could lead the Frelian army against Grado or the forces of the Laguz Alliance against Begnion while Ephraim/Ike do their stuff.

1 minute ago, KMT4ever said:

Alternatively, an Advance Wars-style strategy game where you control the big armies of mooks we never actually see in the background of the games' main storylines. We could lead the Frelian army against Grado or the forces of the Laguz Alliance against Begnion while Ephraim/Ike do their stuff.

That could be a very fun multiplayer experience.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

Fire emblem: Ratatouille.

This is a french based cooking game in which characters from across the series cook to see who makes the best food. You have to gather the ingredients from all sorts of dangerous places and cook up delicious stuff. Different characters have different difficulty levels, based on how well they can cook. Jakob is easy, Felicia is very difficult. After you are done cooking, your food is going to be judged by the judges consisting of Peri, Brigand Boss, and Gordon Ramsay. Cook the best food, and you win the game.

None because I would either be depressed that they made such a bad spinoff or I would be depressed that I can't play it because I don't have a switch.

While I haven't played any of this sort of games, a fire emblem game in the style of Kotor & dragon age would be interesting. It could play up the whole moral grey part where Fire Emblem is known for. You could even implement some strategy into it like commanding other units what to do. It will also be the only way how I would ever tolerate an avatar in fire emblem at this point because you actually have to make your own  decisions and can be hold accountable for that.

But tbh I doubt they could actually pull this kind of game with an actual good narrative off. This is more wishful thinking.

• A fighting game would be fun. Something akin to Soul Calibur or Blazblue could be cool.
  • A kingdom builder game. A game that expands on the MyCastle feature from Fates. Except it's a whole kingdom/city-state and we have to recruit citizens and designate classes for them. (they all start as villagers). Something similar to Final Fantasy: My Life as King
  • A Civilization-esque game. This one is pretty self-explanatory, and the countries in this game will be the ones from past games. For example, Xander reps Nohr, Ryoma reps Hoshido, Elincia reps Crimea, Sanaki reps Begnion, Elphin reps Etruria, L'arachel reps Rausten, and so and so forth. This will mainly be a royal-only game, but it could be interesting if characters like Nyna and Arvis would be playable.

These 3 would feel the most FE to me, especially if they paid attention to the details. Although with spinoffs, FE could get away with making visual novels and rhythm games.

5 hours ago, KMT4ever said:

This is exactly what I was going to suggest. Let us focus on gameplay and recreate epic battles.

I find Fire Emblem stories passable at best, but I do not play this game because of it. And I like the mechanics of Supports (bonuses for units that fight next to each other on the field) but not necessarily the Support conversations themselves.

54 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

A Civilization-esque game. This one is pretty self-explanatory, and the countries in this game will be the ones from past games. For example, Xander reps Nohr, Ryoma reps Hoshido, Elincia reps Crimea, Sanaki reps Begnion, Elphin reps Etruria, L'arachel reps Rausten, and so and so forth.

I have always been curious about Civilisation but have never actually tried it. This might be the perfect excuse.

10 hours ago, Jedi said:

While the dust clears for our first few, what kind of spinoffs would you like to see from Fire Emblem next? We've had a JRPG and Warriors game both now, along with the mobile game. 

What do the people here want to see? Even if you feel the idea is goofy or silly just shoot it out there.

an entirely new IP with the usual SRPG elements, an isometric view and improved old school graphics like Octopath Traveler, but with gameplay mechanics from FE, such as skills with activation rates, terrain giving tactical advantages, etc.

basicly, a Final Fantasy Tactics kind of game, but with FE elements.