Create-A-Broken-Skill: How Far Can You Push It?

MilodicMellodi

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I liked this idea. Let me try:

Quiet Strength (C-Skill)
Effect:
Grants adjacent allies Def/Res+4 through their next actions at the start of each turn, and allies within 2 spaces take 5 less damage from attacks during combat.
Exclusive to: Sakura: Loving Priestess  (upgrade of Fortify Def 3)

Sakura's personal skill in Fates is "Quiet Strength", which does "Allies within a 2 tile radius receive 2 less damage". In Heroes, we can improve Sakura's Fortify Def effect to a combination of Fortify Def+Res and reduce damage taken, just like the original Fates skill. This would make Sakura a better supportive character thn she already is as a healer.

That's brilliant, I was...actually kind of stumped on how to get her Personal Skill in the game. I also really like how you kind of used my idea on Elise's Lily's Poise with the damage reduction. Altogether, this makes Sakura a pretty great defensive Hone unit without overshadowing what she already has.
Now for more Passive Forges. This time I'll make some from normal skills instead of Personal Skills (I'll go back to those later).

Anathema
C Passive
Effect: Grants unit and adjacent allies Res+4 during combat. If foe is a magic user, unit's bonuses cannot be neutralized during combat.
Inheritance: Exclusive to Default!Tharja (upgrade of Spur Res 3)
Details: I figured what better way to make Tharja powerful than to prevent foes (magic foes, at least) from neutralizing stats? That's pretty much the biggest weakness of Bladetome users, so this effect would work great for her. I also made the Spur effect affect herself as well, helping to patch up her Res against said magic foes.

Underdog
A Passive
Effect: Grants +5 to max HP and Atk/Spd/Def/Res +1. If foe's BST ≥ 175, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 during combat.
Inheritance: Exclusive to Donnel (upgrade of HP+5)
Details: Gives HP+5, as well as a permanent All+1. If he goes against a foe with 175 or more BST (either by default or from a Duel skill), he gains an additional All+4 during combat for a total stat increase of All+5 during those battles. Just one of many anti-Duel skills I plan on making.

Amaterasu
A Passive
Effect: Grants Res +3. Allies within 2 spaces recover 50% more HP when healed by staff users. (If using similar skill, only highest value applied.)
Inheritance: Exclusive to Subaki (upgrade of Resistance +3)
Details: Instead of making something like a Spur or Drive Renewal skill, I decided to turn Amaterasu into a heal buffer kind of like the previously done Optimist does for Setsuna. Subaki's skill set just screams offensive support, and I think this works just fine (since he can still be a mostly-offensive unit while staff users have an easier time healing everyone around him. Of course, just like Amaterasu in Fates it only works on those around the unit and not the unit itself, and I mirrored that here so as to not just make a better Optimist.

Edited by MilodicMellodi

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, MilodicMellodi said:

Well then, until someone decides to be "that guy" and locks this thread because they don't understand the reason I made this, I and hopefully others will continue to post our unbalanced ideas here. And if/when this topic is locked, I'll take whatever ideas I made here and transfer them over to there, and I'll continue to make unbalanced ideas until people are fed up with their unbalanced nature and I recreate this topic.
Now for another few skills.

Opportunist
B Passive
Effect: If unit initiates combat and foe cannot counterattack, grants Atk+6 during combat. After combat, if unit's HP ≥ 1, unit and foe swap places.
Inheritance: Exclusive to Beruka (upgrade of Lunge)
Details: Transforms Lunge into an any-combat skill, and also gives her Death Blow 3 if the foe can't counterattack. If Beruka can get tanky enough, you can shred your opponent's positioning tactics like paper.

Bloodthirst
A Passive
Effect: Grants unit Atk/Spd/Def/Res +4 after combat if unit initiates combat and defeats foe.
Inheritance: Exclusive to Peri (upgrade of Resistance +3)
Details: Peri's Passives are pretty terrible, there's no way you can salvage Res+3 without replacing it, and Threaten Def doesn't really do Bloodthirst justice but can be used alongside Bloodthirst (not to mention self-boosts are normally A Passives anyhow).

Shuriken Mastery
B Passive
Effect: At the start of combat, if unit's HP ≥ 50% and against a dagger user, unit makes a follow-up attack and foe cannot. After combat, inflicts penalty to foe's Atk/Spd/Def/Res = highest stat penalty from foe's weapon. Each stat penalty calculated independently.
Inheritance: Exclusive to Default!Kagero (upgrade of Daggerbreaker 3)
Details: I tried to word it so that it would say "this is ONLY effective against daggers. Gives daggerbreaker 3, and uses foe's own dagger penalties against them". Pretty much makes her the ultimate anti-dagger unit, especially against Infantry Daggers like Felicia due to Poison Dagger+.
EDIT: Thanks to Diovani Bressan for the text help :D

And another idea unrelated to the Passive Forge idea:

Prideful Atk 1/2/3
A Passive
Effect: If foe's BST ≥ 175, grants Atk+6 to unit during combat.
Inheritance: Any
Details: Essentially a counter to the Duel skills. I got the idea after looking through Fates' Personal Skills list and came across Hayato's. I'm almost hopeful that future Villager units (like Mozu, or an alt of Donnel) would have a skill like this as a way to combat people with Duel skills.

Just my opinion, man. I don't have the authority to do something like that.

Man, don't end the fun when there's still much fun to be had!

A Passive: Offensive Relay

After combat, if unit initiated combat and is next to an ally, refreshes allies movement. If ally has not moved yet, grants ally +6 to all stats. Relay skills can only trigger once per phase, and only one unit can be affected at a time. Targets the unit with the highest HP if next to more than one ally.

Special: Energizing Festival

Special triggers after combat where this skill is charged completely. After combat, all allies within 2 spaces of unit have their movement refreshed. If ally has not moved yet, grants ally +6 to all stats. CD: 4

Special: Rushdown

Increases damage equal to units current Movement spaces x10. CD: 3

Edited by Xenomata

This time on, I'll start doing three kinds of things (separated by spoilers). The first one is my Passive Forge, in which I'll continue to make "Personal Skills" as an upgrade of a hero's Passive skill; the second is standalone skills, which will be either exclusive or not and won't be restricted to just Passive skills (but may also contain non-Passives that follow the Personal Skills rules); the third is Sacred Seal skills, preferably ones that are exclusively that. For the Passive Forge skills, I'll replace "Inheritance" with "Hero", as each skill in that part will be exclusive. For Sacred Seals, the skill type will be removed since it being a Sacred Seal makes it redundant, and "Inheritance" will be replaced with "Usable" since Sacred Seals aren't inheritable.

Passive Forge

Spoiler

Spendthrift
B Passive
Effect: If unit is attacked while its HP ≤ 75%, unit counterattacks first and deals +10 damage for the first attack.
Hero: Default!Anna (upgrade of Vantage 3)
Details: I decided to turn Spendthrift into a sort of Wo Dao/Wrath effect, granting Vantage as well as a first-attack Wo Dao (instead of adding to the Special, it adds to the first attack; depending on timing, this can be the Special as well). If combined with a weapon like Giant Spoon+ and Anna starts out with a ready-to-go Special, she can deal +20 damage just like Valentines!Hector can. Still, Anna would appreciate having an increased damage output due to her subpar Atk stat, and having that damage with Vantage and Noatun's ability to easily teleport would make Anna a pretty good unit to have.

Shadowgift
A Passive
Effect: Grants HP/Spd +3. Grants unit and ally magic users within 2 spaces Atk/Spd/Def/Res equal to foe's stat penalties during combat. Calculates each stat bonus independently.
Hero: Aversa (upgrade of HP/Spd 2)
Details: Increases the HP/Spd permanent stat boost by 1 each, and also gives herself and other tome users a form of a penalty-based Bonus Doubler effect based on the opponent's stat debuffs. Or would it be more like Sieglinde...? Meh, you can read.

Divine Retribution
C Passive
Effect: If unit deals less damage than foe during combat, deals damage to foe equal to half the difference after combat.
Hero: Asama (upgrade of Threaten Atk 3)
Details: Not easy to make a Counter-based skill for this game...I decided to rework the Threaten effect into something like an any-combat Poison Strike that takes advantage of his Healer status and low Atk (because let's face it, even with a Wrathful weapon refine he's not going to be dealing much damage at all). Combined with his Pain+ tome, he can fulfill a niche similar to Jaffar's while still being a capable Healer. Meanwhile, Martyr+ takes full advantage of him getting into battle.
NOTE: Just because it's an upgrade of a skill doesn't mean it has to follow the base skill's effect(s). True, that is the norm, but there's nothing saying that it has to be that way. Threaten Atk is just too terrible of a skill for Azama to really take advantage of one way or the other, so in a case like this a total rework is pretty much necessary.

Standalone Skills

Spoiler

Null Poison 1/2/3
B Passive
Effect: (If unit's HP=100%/≥ 50%/any%) Disables foe's skills that inflict damage to unit after combat.
Inheritance: Any
Details: A skill that completely zeroes out post-combat damage to the unit, from skills like Pain or Poison Strike. The only one it doesn't nullify is skills like Savage Blow, since it deals damage to surrounding enemies. Such kind of weapon effects would also go through, only having the post-combat damage to the unit being zeroed out.

Steel Compound Bow+
Weapon
Might: 9
Effect: If unit's Special activates before or after combat and unit initiates combat, foe cannot activate Special during combat.
Inheritance: Any bow user (upgrade of Steel Bow)
Details: Essentially a cheap, but low-Might, weapon for Bow users that use AoE Specials. This includes Galeforce for future melee variants. As for where it comes from, it's an upgrade of Steel Bow (which comes after Steel Compound Bow, minus the +). Essentially it's a low-Might alternative for 5* units that want safety when activating out-of-combat Specials.

Sacred Seals

Spoiler

Regal Bearing 1/2/3
Effect: If unit's range ≠ foe's range, disables foe's skills that prevent unit's counterattack. If unit's is attacked at HP = (100%/≥ 75%/≥ 50%), foe cannot follow-up.
Usable: Any
Details: A Seal that prevents the foe from disabling the unit's Distant/Close Counter effects, while also having an HP requirement on an effect that prevents the foe from making follow-up attacks. I don't know about you, but Brave!Lyn is annoying as hell!

Edited by MilodicMellodi

3 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Man, don't end the fun when there's still much fun to be had!

A Passive: Offensive Relay

After combat, if unit initiated combat and is next to an ally, refreshes allies movement. If ally has not moved yet, grants ally +6 to all stats. Relay skills can only trigger once per phase, and only one unit can be affected at a time. Targets the unit with the highest HP if next to more than one ally.

Special: Energizing Festival

Special triggers after combat where this skill is charged completely. After combat, all allies within 2 spaces of unit have their movement refreshed. If ally has not moved yet, grants ally +6 to all stats. CD: 4

Special: Rushdown

Increases damage equal to units current Movement spaces x10. CD: 3

Hey I'm not anti fun. I just don't think broken skills and non broken skills need separate dedicated threads when there's already so many in the Heroes section.

Passive Forge

Spoiler

Lemegeton
A Passive
Effect: At the start of combat, if unit's HP > foe's HP, unit receives Def+6. Grants unit Atk/Spd/Def/Res+3 during combat if unit's total stat bonuses during combat ≥ 10.
Hero: Boey (upgrade of Earth Boost 3)
Details: It was actually kind of difficult thinking of one for Boey...he's a great character and all, but he doesn't really have anything unique that isn't better suited as a weapon (Sagittae, for example). I decided to go with Lemegeton, his Guru class skill that normally summons Terror-like spirits similarly to the enemy-only Conjure. Seeing that Gronnowl summons a flock of magical birds/bird spirits, I thought it fit pretty well so I tried to make it as a skill that has the most synergy with Owl tomes. Not only did I upgrade the Earth Boost effect so that he only needs 1 more HP than his opponent for it to trigger, but I also created an effect that grants him an All+3 combat bonus if he has a total stat bonus of 10 or more (visible or combat, including Gronnowl's effect). Therefore, he can trigger Lemegeton's All+3 effect if he's adjacent to at least 1 ally and is going against a foe with less HP at the start of combat (or he can be adjacent to 2 allies without needing to trigger the Earth Boost effect, but that takes some pretty good positioning to pull off. And before anyone says that it could work even better with Gronnblade, it wouldn't because Blade tomes boost damage, not stats. Also, I made this an A skill for the sole reason that you can't easily pull it off with Bonus Doubler.

Standalone Skills

Spoiler

Extreme Paranoia 1/2/3
B Passive
Effect: Unit does not take damage from attacks that would reduce its HP to 0 if unit's HP before combat = 100% and max HP ≤ 35/40/45. Unit takes 1 damage after combat.
Details: Allows for units with low max HP (like Legendary!Lucina, Nino, or Kagero) to survive a battle that would otherwise kill them in one shot (with or without the opponent's Special activating). I feel like 45 might be too high a max HP for this, but I'm trying to take merges, refines, supports, etc into consideration. I decided to force the unit to take 1 damage regardless of if the unit attacked, because if I only had the unit take 1 damage if they attacked back then one single ranged unit could completely tank a full team of melee units, or vice-versa, allowing the rest of the team to easily pick off everyone else. So...yeah.

Sacred Seals

Spoiler

Maximum Pressure
Effect: Unit and foe cannot activate Special skills that deal additional damage before or during combat..
Usable: Any
Details: A skill that prevents the unit and foe from activating offensive skills. They can still use defensive Specials like Aegis and Miracle, as well as Galeforce (being it's after combat and doesn't inflict additional damage anyhow). The ultimate Seal for turtle characters, or ones that like to rely on Triangle Adept. Obviously, it would be far too powerful to be anything but a Seal.

Edited by MilodicMellodi

Pact - C Skill: If unit has a skill that deals damage after combat, like Fury or Push skills, negates damage taken after combat.

This would be a reference to the Pact passive skill from Echoes, which negates the HP cost from casting spells.

Stronger version of some staves:

Gravity++: After combat, if unit attacked, prevents target and foes within 1 space of target from moving more than 1 space and nullify movement Assist skill (like Reposition,Shove, Pivot, etc.) used by unit or on unit through their next actions.

Fear++: After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts the following status on target and foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions: "Damage will be calculated the same as staff weapons".

Slow++: After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts the following status on target and foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions: "During combat, foe makes a guaranteed follow-up attack and unit cannot".

Pain++: After combat, if unit attacked, deals 15 damage to target and foes within 2 spaces of target and inflicts the following status on target and foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions: "unit cannot be healed by healing skills (like Renewal, Sparkling Boost, etc.) or healing Assist Skills (like Ardent Sacrifice, Recover+, etc.)".

Absorb++: Restores HP iqual to damage dealt. After combat, if unit attacked, restores HP to allies within 2 spaces of unit iqual to 50% of damage dealt.

Panic++: After combat, if unit attacked, bonuses on target and foes within 2 spaces of target become penalties and nullifies unit's in combat bonus granted by unit's skills (like Death Blow, Steady Stance, etc.) or allies' skills (like Spur Atk, Drive Atk, etc.) through their next actions".

Trilemma++: After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts the following status on target and foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions: "If unit has weapon-triangle disadvantage, reduces Atk/Spd/Def/Res by 30%."

Fellas, I present to you the Move Type Offensive/Defensive skill series.

Effectively Tier 4s of Goads and Wards, with Infantry getting in on the action as well. Each one boasts the same boost to stats as Goads and Wards, but also have one additional effect unique to each movement type. Cavalry can't get the same effect as Infantry Offensive for instance.

This originally began with just the Infantry versions, but then I began thinking of how other units would benefit. Then I decided to make each effect unique. Dragon and Beast unit versions came up later. I know they're not their own Move type, but they're their own units with Goads and Wards so it seems fair.

Spoiler

C Passive: Infantry Offensive

Grants infantry allies within 2 spaces the following: Increases Atk/Spd +4, unit attacks twice and makes an automatic follow-up attack. Foe cannot attack twice or make follow-up attacks.

C Passive: Infantry Defensive

Grants infantry allies within 2 spaces the following: Increases Def/Res +4, unit can counterattack regardless of distance. If enemy initiates combat, neutralizes status effects and disables skills that prevent counterattacks during combat.

The skill should disable enemy Sweep skills, but not the affected allies own Sweep skills if they have any, so Firesweep Sword allies can counterattack, but then still be able to initiate combat the enemy cannot make counterattacks in without Null C-Disrupt.

C Passive: Cavalry Offensive

Grants Cavalry allies within 2 spaces the following: Increases Atk/Spd +4, inflicts Atk/Spd/Def/Res -4 on enemy while in combat.

C Passive: Cavalry Defensive

Grants Cavalry allies within 2 spaces the following: Increases Def/Res +4, disables effective damage against cavalry. 75% of damage taken before and during combat is recovered after combat.

C Passive: Flying Offensive

Grants Flying allies within 2 spaces the following: Increases Atk/Spd +4, increases Special Charge +1 and treats Special Cooldown as -1 than current.

For instance, Minerva has Astra and Hauteclere. She has sped up special cooldown clearly, but when she triggers Astra, it is not reset to 3 like it usually would, but instead it is reset to 2 (-1 cooldown from Hauteclere and 01 from Flying Offensive effect).

C Passive: Flying Defensive

Grants Flying allies within 2 spaces the following: Increases Def/Res +4, all damage taken is decreased by 30%. After combat, unit recovers 30% of their max HP.

C Passive: Armor Offensive

Grants Armor allies within 2 spaces the following: Increases Atk/Spd +4. After combat, inflicts Atk/Spd/Def/Res -4 and -15 HP on all enemy units within 2 spaces of target.

C Passive: Armor Defensive

Grants Armor allies within 2 spaces the following: Increases Def/Res +4, disables all effective damage towards unit and inflicts Atk -6 on enemies who would inflict effective damage otherwise.

This should mean that, for instance, Legendary Tiki does not take effective damage from either a Slaying Hammer+ or Falchion, and the wielders of both are further weakened. But if she is in combat with a Dragon, they still take effective damage.

C Passive: Dragon Offensive

Grants Dragon allies within 2 spaces the following: Increases Atk/Spd +4. All of units attacks gain 30% of the properties of their equipped offensive special, or unit reduces incoming damage equal to 50% of their equipped defensive special.

Nowi has Bonfire equipped as her special. With Dragon Offensive in effect, all of her attacks, not just her special triggers, will have their power increased by 15% of her Defense. But if she has Aegis equipped, the power of enemy attacks is reduced by 25%.

C Passive: Dragon Defensive

Grants Dragon allies within 2 spaces the following: Increases Def/Res +4. After combat, inflicts Gravity, Dazzling, and Guard status on all enemies within 2 spaces of target.

C Passive: Beast Offensive

Grants Beast allies within 2 spaces the following: Increases Atk/Spd +4, calculates damage using the lower of foes Def or Res. Damage from specials such as Moonbow or Luna will calculate the additional damage using the higher of foes Def or Res.

The attack will still target the lower defense.

C Passive: Beast Defensive

Grants Beast allies within 2 spaces the following: Increases Def/Res +4. If foe would reduce units HP to 0, unit survives with 1 HP (Once per combat. Does not stack).

Edited by Xenomata