POLL: Amiibos in Three Houses

BZL8

Amiibos In Three Houses  

70 members have voted

1. 1. How do you want amiibos integrated in Three Houses?

• Obtain some items, including a map fight that allows the unit to join the roster. (Like Fates)
    • Temporarily summon a illusion to fight foes, as well as unlock a special map. (Like Echoes)
    • Get a weapon and/or items/materials. (Like Warriors)
    • No amiibo implementation, please.
    • Other (please specify)
  2. 2. Which "Fire Emblem" amiibos do you want integrated?

• All of them.
    • Marth
    • Lucina
    • Roy
    • Chrom
    • Ike
    • Tiki
    • Robin
    • Corrin (Male)
    • Corrin (Female)
    • Alm
    • Celica
  3. 3. Do you want non-Fire Emblem amiibos integrated in the game in some shape or form?

• Yes please.
    • No thank you.

Since its been discussed a few times on some threads here, including the "Who Will Return?" thread, how do people want amiibos implemented in "Three Houses"? Would you like how they were implemented in "Fates"? Something like "Echoes"? Maybe something different? What do you hope to see with amiibos in this game?  How do you want them implemented? This thread was made to allow in-depth discussion, speculation, and hopes specifically regarding amiibo integration. Use the "Who Will Return" thread if you want to discuss other returning characters (Anna, Einherjar, etc.) .

So I don't have amiibo so I don't know exactly how Fates handles them but I'm thinking taking Fates's handling a little bit further. Basically making summons full fledged characters. They get their own unique  chapters to recruit them in, weapons, full fledged Supports with everyone, etc.

That's what I would like anyways but realistically probably wouldn't happen.

Edited by Maimishou

1. Like Fates, definitely. That was so much fun! Only thing I'd improve upon it by is adding personal skills. It was kind of a bummer that the Amiibo peeps didn't have them.

2. IKE OF COURSE. <3 Though if one Amiibo is used, all of them should be, really. No reason to only use one or a few.

3. I voted yes, but only if it's something like how Hyrule Warriors did it. Each non-Zelda Amiibo just gave you some Rupees, I think. Non-FE ones can give you gold or something like that.

I liked how fates did it. It was just a little thing for actually spending real money, Plus you don't lose anything for not owning them unlike in Echoes where I need to borrow my friends to do the dungeons. 
It'd be nice if it's all of them
It'd be nice if they were a thing but It wont exactly be devastating if they aren't.

the way Fates managed them would be the best, due to being able to play against and together with units that we liked a lot, along with some extra supports for fun.

however, considering the direction of the new art style from 3H( that i honestly don't like much ), i'm leaning more to Einherjar cards versions with other characters designs from previous artists/titles( Kozaki for Awakening/Fates, Hidari for Echoes, etc ).

in the end, what matters the most is just being able to play with Amiibo units that we like in a new game with different gameplay mechanics( otherwise everyone could just play their original games ). supports are just a secondary factor.

10 hours ago, Slumber said:

No, no and no.

I wish I could say No in the second question. 

Really my biggest gripe with amiibo implementation is when there's content exclusive to them, like exclusive maps or recruitable characters, which appears to be no less than what people want. If there was a way to buy that stuff separately if I wanted it, I'd be fine with amiibo just being another method of obtaining that content.

2 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

I wish I could say No in the second question. 

Really my biggest gripe with amiibo implementation is when there's content exclusive to them, like exclusive maps or recruitable characters, which appears to be no less than what people want. If there was a way to buy that stuff separately if I wanted it, I'd be fine with amiibo just being another method of obtaining that content.

It's also just a boon in general to have. It's a weird pay-to-win type of scenario for a single player game. Especially in the games where you're given free units that you can't lose for a set period of time, or OP items that others can't get.

Honestly I like the SSB approach. Amiibos unlock things that everyone can get, they just do so early and with guarantee to people with the Amiibo.

Edited by Slumber

Given that Nintendo hasn't stopped amiibo implementation in their major releases, I do expect some sort of integration, even if that includes exclusive content being locked behind the figures. Though part of me might be greedy, I do want the "Fates" approach, but with supports with Byleth (at least), artwork, and fully-voiced dialogue. 

I'll be honest, I am still kinda burned and disappointed by "Echoes" approach since I really wanted to see Hidari have a go at the other Fire Emblem characters.

58 minutes ago, Slumber said:

It's also just a boon in general to have. It's a weird pay-to-win type of scenario for a single player game. Especially in the games where you're given free units that you can't lose for a set period of time, or OP items that others can't get.

Honestly I like the SSB approach. Amiibos unlock things that everyone can get, they just do so early and with guarantee to people with the Amiibo.

Smash Bros. locks the character-specific FP CPU feature behind those figures, so it still has content exclusive to those who own amiibos.

2 hours ago, BZL8 said:

Smash Bros. locks the character-specific FP CPU feature behind those figures, so it still has content exclusive to those who own amiibos.

I'm mostly referring to, uh, not that. More the character unlocking and Spirits stuff.

5 hours ago, Slumber said:

I'm mostly referring to, uh, not that. More the character unlocking and Spirits stuff.

Oh. Given you took frustration with exclusive amiibo content (a "weird pay-to-win type of scenario" in your words), it made your post appear that you preferred Smash Bros' approach to amiibo implementation under the idea it avoids exclusivity entirely. 

23 minutes ago, BZL8 said:

Oh. Given you took frustration with exclusive amiibo content (a "weird pay-to-win type of scenario" in your words), it made your post appear that you preferred Smash Bros' approach to amiibo implementation under the idea it avoids exclusivity entirely. 

That's what I'm referring to. Not the FP CPU stuff.

Everything that amiibos unlock in that game that isn't the leveling CPU deal is obtainable in the game pretty easily.

I suppose it's not entirely divorced from P2W, since you can get some strong Spirits pretty quickly with Amiibos, but it's pretty minimal compared to some of the things you can do in other FEs with Amiibos.

Edited by Slumber

I love Fates approach, but it's going to be more difficult now considering there's now... 10 (?) Fire Emblem amiibos compared to the 4 from Fates days. Character art could always be reused as-is I suppose, but that's whole 10 additional models to make and animate (including a Tiki with dragon form). I don't think it's going to happen personally due to the effort involved, but I'd love if it did.

SoV's way had zero value for me and seemed very unpopular on the whole: I don't think we'll see this version again.

I think in the end we'll just get something ala Fire Emblem Warriors: bonus okay items based on their characters. TH will probably allow for grinding (school expeditions are a perfect excuse for it), so I don't think they'd shy away from giving bonus items from Amiibos.

• 2 weeks later...

While amiibos feel like ridiculous overpriced DLC most of the time, I still voted for Fates style and all the FE amiibos for two reasons:

1: Fire Emblem amiibos offer easily the best content, and the more this is done, the less overpriced the DLC becomes, and this applies retroactively to people who have already bought them because their content just flat-out increases.

2: It’s fun to see Fire Emblem characters reused in other games, and this is the only way I see that happening that isn’t amazingly stupid.

I do wish for one change, though, where getting locked out of central game features doesn’t happen, because that’s made most of them useless gameplaywise aside from sheer fun factor or challenge runs. Half the amiibo units in Code Name Steam are pretty damned lame, and lack of supports and very limited class changing hampers the fun I can have with them in Fates.

Like Fates. 

Chrom, Alm and M!Corrin. 

Yes.

Non-FE amiibo could just give you stuff like gold, weapons and other materials. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

isn't it odd that no Amiibo's were announced for Three houses? I'm not 100%.. but i think seem to remember Amiibo's announced once a release date for the actual game was confirmed (Echos, Fates and Awakening). 

Edited by JoeyW001

10 hours ago, JoeyW001 said:

isn't it odd that no Amiibo's were announced for Three houses? I'm not 100%.. but i think seem to remember Amiibo's announced once a release date for the actual game was confirmed (Echos, Fates and Awakening). 

nope.

the only time Amiibos were announced for a FE game was when Echoes got released, due to the Limited Edition having them included in the package(Alm, Celica) for unlocking extra content.

Awakening and Fates Amiibos never got released together with their games, since they were released later on for either SSB(Robin, Lucina, M/F. Corrin) and/or FE Warriors(Chrom, Tiki).

they could also release new Amiibos inspired by FE 3H later on, but considering how Echoes managed them overall, i doubt it will happen anytime soon(otherwise they would've been announced already).

there's also a market for figmas and action figures, so perhaps if we don't get any Amiibo, there could be other alternatives for collectors and/or fans eventually:

Spoiler

e2323fd51f911923cda29fa896307ca1.jpg

fire-emblem-awakening-figura-de-cordelia

2b26d7d8a45842a2aad7b18d27b090b4.jpg

9423a1fd4fa78c9ee39165a4d1ab8bfe.jpg