• Lewyn: Guiding Breeze
    • Morgan: Lass from Afar
    • Saias: Bishop of Flame
    • Cecilia: Etrurian General
    • Jagen: Veteran Knight
    • Innes: Regal Strategician
    • Soren: Shrewd Strategist

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/07/2019 at 02:59 AM

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Even then, they still make less sense than freaking ROBIN. What was IS thinking here?

My guess is as good as yours, but I found a comment on reddit that mentioned that this gauntlet features one Tactician from eight separate games. I'm not sure why they didn't use Robin, but the same comment suggested, god now what is this, Female Morgan being the money-maker unit.

Versus M!Robin, who is a 3*/4* unit, F!Robin, who is a GHB unit, and M!Morgan, who is a 4* unit... I'd hate to be cynical, but it's a reason. Plus M!Robin has been on a number of Gauntlets already, maybe they're just trying to balance things out?

Edited by Xenomata

1 minute ago, Michelaar said:

Exactly! I love her a lot!

And I mean even compared to other games. In such little screen time, her development is on par with other characters in other games, if not surpassing it. Helps that even with a tragic backstory, her story in-game is tragic as well.

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

My guess is as good as yours, but I found a comment on reddit that mentioned that this gauntlet features one Tactician from eight separate games. I'm not sure why they didn't use Robin, but the same comment suggested, god now what is this, Female Morgan being the money-maker unit.

Versus M!Robin, who is a 3*/4* unit, F!Robin, who is a GHB unit, and M!Morgan, who is a 4* unit... I'd hate to be cynical, but it's a reason. Plus M!Robin has been on a number of Gauntlets already, maybe they're just trying to balance things out?

Saias, Cecilia, Jagen, and Soren are 4 star units too. Heck, three of those are also available at 3 star. Male Morgan being 4 star means nothing. So yeah, there appears to be no clear/good reason for omitting Robin and male Morgan. I'll always be confused at this choice.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Saias, Cecilia, Jagen, and Soren are 4 star units too. Heck, three of those are also available at 3 star. Male Morgan being 4 star means nothing. So yeah, there appears to be no clear/good reason for omitting Robin and male Morgan. I'll always be confused at this choice.

I don't think they had an option in these cases. Besides being able to count the number of unique Thracia units on one hand, those other 4 ARE the tacticians of their games.

And now that I think about it, no one ever said they had to be the tacticians of the main lord...

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

I don't think they had an option in these cases. Besides being able to count the number of unique Thracia units on one hand, those other 4 ARE the tacticians of their games.

And now that I think about it, no one ever said they had to be the tacticians of the main lord...

They didn't have to go with one character from each game though. They've used multiple units from the same game in gauntlets before, why should that have stopped them now?

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Actually, it is. It is the tactician non-lord of the highest rarity from each game. 

In which case, it makes perfect sense why F!Morgan would be chosen over M!Morgan. Because M!Morgan is 4*, but F!Morgan is 5*. So they pick the one with the highest rarity.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Actually, it is. It is the tactician non-lord of the highest rarity from each game. 

In which case, it makes perfect sense why F!Morgan would be chosen over M!Morgan. Because M!Morgan is 4*, but F!Morgan is 5*. So they pick the one with the highest rarity.

It's not. They didn't HAVE to go that route. Nothing was stopping them from using multiple characters from the same game before.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

They didn't have to go with one character from each game though. They've used multiple units from the same game in gauntlets before, why should that have stopped them now?

I'm fairly certain that's because of the themes of each gauntlet in the past. Not many of them, at least keeping in mind the units released at the time, allowed for much variety in units. Short Haired Ladies vs Long Haired Gents, whose very theme is in the title for instance, had 3 of the 4 Hoshidan Royal Siblings in it, and The Blood of Dragons, heck they used all the Dragon units available at the time and still had to also use M!Corrin and Sophia. And that's ignoring the Gauntlets that had little option but to have samesies-gamesies, like Fated Battles and Bunny Battle Balot.

Edited by Xenomata

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Switching out ONE of them for a Robin isn't going to hurt that much, really.

Which is more valuable? Not to mention, it is easy to pull a M!Morgan. It's not likely one will pull a F!Morgan. 

So it makes sense why they chose F!Morgan.

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

Which is more valuable? Not to mention, it is easy to pull a M!Morgan. It's not likely one will pull a F!Morgan. 

So it makes sense why they chose F!Morgan.

It's not easy to pull male Morgan at all, wtf are you talking about. The red pool is the most bloated, and I've only gotten two of him in the last like four or five months. Neither Morgan is easy to get.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

It's not easy to pull male Morgan at all, wtf are you talking about. The red pool is the most bloated, and I've only gotten two of him in the last like four or five months. Neither Morgan is easy to get.

M!Morgan being a 4* unit makes it much easier to pull him than it does for F!Morgan, since you're more likely to get her from Focus Central banners. It's strict numbers. Your personal experience may not have gotten much, but others, like myself, have gotten a lot.

M!Morgan being a 4* unit makes it much easier to pull him than it does for F!Morgan, since you're more likely to get her from Focus Central banners. It's strict numbers. Your personal experience may not have gotten much, but others, like myself, have gotten a lot.

No, it doesn't. Read what I said again. And if my personal experience doesn't matter, yours doesn't either. Just because you got a lot of him doesn't mean others will. He's a rare unit because of how bloated his pool is. Not saying female Morgan is any easier to get, obviously, but you're understating how hard it is to pull a single unit amongst many now, regardless of rarity. And even color, sorta.

Your chance of pulling a 4 star unit is over 50%, but the chance of that unit specifically being male Morgan, in his huge red pool? Pretty small.

No, it doesn't. Read what I said again. And if my personal experience doesn't matter, yours doesn't either. Just because you got a lot of him doesn't mean others will. He's a rare unit because of how bloated his pool is. Not saying female Morgan is any easier to get, obviously, but you're understating how hard it is to pull a single unit amongst many now, regardless of rarity. And even color, sorta.

Your chance of pulling a 4 star unit is over 50%, but the chance of that unit specifically being male Morgan, in his huge red pool? Pretty small.

Now compare that to a 5* F!Morgan in a non-focused banner. 3% in a huge pool. Even less likely than M!Morgan. As I said, it's numbers and value in rarity.

Hence why my point is that they go with the more valuable unit for this banner in the gauntlet if they are going by the tactician of each game.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Now compare that to a 5* F!Morgan in a non-focused banner. 3% in a huge pool. Even less likely than M!Morgan. As I said, it's numbers and value in rarity.

Hence why my point is that they go with the more valuable unit for this banner in the gauntlet if they are going by the tactician of each game.

You're still missing the point. I never said that female Morgan wasn't rarer or as valuable. I'm only telling you that male Morgan is not as easy to get as you think, that's all.

I'm debating between Saias or Lewyn, since I really like them both. I'll probably go Saias and hope that Lewyn wins his, since I don't expect Saias to survive round one. If he does, I'm happy to stick with him :) 

You're still missing the point. I never said that female Morgan wasn't rarer or as valuable. I'm only telling you that male Morgan is not as easy to get as you think, that's all.

Yes, but my original point was that F!MOrgan was overall more valuable, hence why she's in, not M!Morgan or either Robins.

Yes, but my original point was that F!MOrgan was overall more valuable, hence why she's in, not M!Morgan or either Robins.

And I was never arguing against that, like I said. I was only arguing against your statement of male Morgan being easy to get.