The inevitable school festival

Thane

4 hours ago, Jedi said:

I mean you haven’t had anything positive to say about anything Modern FE so I don’t think your former statement will please you even if it did happen. I mean we already have significantly more world building than Fates got already and you’re still whining about that shit.

Bold of you to assume that the things I'm asking for specifically would not please me. I appreciate the world building we've seen so far, but I'm still wary of the precedence set by recent games.

You really have an axe to grind with certain members of the community, I've seen.

Edited by NekoKnight

30 minutes ago, PrincessAlyson said:

I was quite calm. This issue is the concern of many, so kindly refrain from such statements.

No you weren't...so it still stands....

The person above clearly has no points to add to this topic and resorts to pettiness. As for myself, perhaps a military band could be implemted in any festival that may be in the game.

12 minutes ago, PrincessAlyson said:

The person above clearly has no points to add to this topic and resorts to pettiness. As for myself, perhaps a military band could be implemted in any festival that may be in the game.

Stop looking in the mirror because someone called you out on your pessimism.....

Oh wow, it's the pessimism police. I was't aware that being generally worried about potential thing in a game was a crime. Don't you have anything better to do besides bothering people on the internet? 

5 hours ago, Rose482 said:

school festivals <3 I don't really think they will put something like that in, but it would be fun if they did.

It would be fun as something that adds more supports for all characters involved. I'd like to see special conversations. 

Edited by PrincessAlyson

17 hours ago, Guest Tobi said:

That's practically a given although something beach related is gonna also happen which will be whatever's the best place in Fódlan that's warm. If they do another vote thing(which is very likely) I hope my Avatar can talk to other characters I S Rank with and not just only the Top 2 winners especially since the winners so far is gonna be so predictable and a potential waste on the others...

Agreed more convos with the others the better although I just want Dorothea 2nd at least which so far has a great chance of happening(please!?) maybe Petra also good atm(another great choice!). I'm honestly expecting for Males it'll be Male Byleth and Claude but since Byleth's an avatar despite being the main Protagonist likely won't be counted so Claude and Dimitri(yeah not predictable) or maybe Claude and Sylvain, Linhardt(if Japan also likes this guu), Raphael or Ashe.

18 hours ago, Thane said:

Gambits remind me of all out attacks, and Edelgard studying for the reclassing looked exactly like the mini cutscenes of Persona's daily activities, complete with a music note to indicate a good result. 

True but that's likely to fit with the school setting. In addition, Gambits feel like an evolution of Pair-Ups (assuming i understood the trailer correctly) and it probably would've happened regardless of the setting.

6 minutes ago, PrincessAlyson said:

Oh wow, it's the pessimism police. I was't aware that being generally worried about potential thing in a game was a crime. Don't you have anything better to do besides bothering people on the internet? 

You're just making it worse put it to rest you're the one that should and move on and stop adding more to it...

2 minutes ago, PrincessAlyson said:

It would be fun as something that adds more supports for all characters involved. I'd like to see special conversations. 

Heh, the pre release period sure causes a bunch of weirdos to come crawling out of the woodwork. I wouldn't pay them any mind. I wouldn't be surprised if it was just one guy. All the people responding to you talk in the same way, how curious.

Maybe they could use festivals and other school events to advance subplots instead of just one-off banter, like ongoing relationships and developments at the school. Characters interacting with NPCs that don't join your party etc.

Edited by NekoKnight

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

In addition, Gambits feel like an evolution of Pair-Ups (assuming i understood the trailer correctly)

That's how I felt too after seeing it. 

3 minutes ago, Regal Edelgard Axe Master said:

I'm honestly expecting for Males it'll be Male Byleth and Claude but since Byleth's an avatar despite being the main Protagonist likely won't be counted so Claude and Dimitri(yeah not predictable) or maybe Claude and Sylvain, Linhardt(if Japan also likes this guu), Raphael or Ashe.

I'd like for Ashe, Raph and Sylvain to get supports in any festival/event that may occur. I don't know why people don't like Raphael (or maybe I do, his design isn't "standard"), he looks strong and is most likely the ideal armor knight.

2 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Heh, the pre release period sure causes a bunch of weirdos to come crawling out of the woodwork. I wouldn't pay them any mind. I wouldn't be surprised if it's just one guy. All the people responding to you talk in the same way.

Maybe they could use festivals and other school events to advance subplots instead of just one-off banter, like ongoing relationships and developments at the school. Characters interacting with NPCs that don't join your party etc.

I'd like to see subplots and I do think that a festival or similar event could work for that. Interacting with NPCs can add a lot to the overall feel and worldbuilding of the game.

If it's just the typical Cultural Festival designed to pander and create melodrama, I'd rather they not do anything. It would be super out of place and anachronistic for the time and setting, if they are actually go for a military academy training Nobles and Royalty to be officers and not just some thin facade to replicate the typical slice of life Japanese HS experience in an FE setting. In which case anything goes.

I would love for there to be a unique event, or events, that feel authentic to the setting and provide meaningful insight and development of the world, setting and religious beliefs of the Church of Seiros to help flesh out and round them out. That doesn't mean such events have to be super serious or dramatic, there can be lighthearted elements and interactions too. Those kinds of events and stuff more than have their place, especially for character interactions, and can still be meaningful but they need to fit the setting and serve a greater narrative purpose for either the world development or character development. 

This entire topic shouldn't exist.  The festival happens, it happens, and if it doesn't, it doesn't.

I don't care for the thinly-veiled stab at tropes.  Yes, they're probably going to happen, so accept it or find something better to do with your time.