February's Legendary Hero - Roy: Blazing Lion (February 27 ~ March 5) DATAMINE HERE

Coolmanio

Red:

• L!Roy: I'll wait to see his stats. Otherwise, not interested. 
  • HS!Micaiah: Top priority because I don't have her and she'll be useful for AR. Her gorgeous art is a bonus. 
  • Hrid: Already have a +ATK/-HP nature. Not that interested in getting another copy but DC is useful. 

Blue:

• L!Ephraim: Already have a +DEF/-HP nature. Not interested in getting another copy because his SI is lackluster. 
  • A!Corrin (M): Already have a +HP/-RES nature. Another copy or two might be useful so I can give another unit Null Follow Up besides L!Marth when he decides to show up. 
  • H!Niles: Not interested in getting him although ATK/SPD Link might be useful. 

Green: 

• Gunnthra: Already have a +ATK/-HP nature. Not interested in getting another copy. 
  • Surtr: No interest in getting him despite how good he is. Most likely would fodder him or just use him for AR, AS and Heroic Ordeals. 
  • A!Corrin (F): Already have a neutral nature. She has good IS so don't mind getting her. 

Colorless: 

• L!Robin (F): Already have a +2 +ATK/-RES. She's a decent unit but has meh SI. 
  • HS!Xander: Uninterested in getting him already having more than 7 dancers. 
  • A!Mikoto: Low priority in getting and that's solely for her art. 

Would have skipped this banner in favor of trying to pull for Duma or saving orbs for L!Marth's return. Very few of the units on this banner are appealing to me and I have 2/3 of the units for each color except colorless. 

I'll be prioritizing red and blue, maybe pulling for green and avoid colorless. Hopefully, I can get HS!Micaiah quickly and leave. 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, a good foot sword but a good foot sword nonetheless. He'd probably replace Ike(s) if I happen to come across him, but I won't be hunting for him in particular.

The banner itself is good in terms of who I don't have - the only potential duplicates being Ephraim, Gunnthra and Grima - but none of the units scream must-have either. I might just go until I get one unit, who can be literally anyone here, and call it quits.

Red - Better Ike, Better Xander, and a more versatile Micaiah. Fine.

Blue - Already have Ephraim at +4, not even from trying. Niles would be passable as my first ranged armour, but I'd prefer a mage. No interest in Corrin.

Green - I've had this long-standing dilemma of two optimal Gunnthras, one Atk/Def and the other Spd/Def, and so have been unable to merge her at all - I need a crappy one to merge. However since I've gotten them, I've gone ahead and built +10 Cecilia, so meh. Corrin is dull and Surtr is a melee armour. Slim pickings here.

Grey - Have an optimal Grima+2, and if I ever were to +10 a legendary unit, it'd likely end up being her simply be default. Xander is mildly amusing novelty value, while Mikoto doesn't seem to offer me anything special (a running theme with the Adrift units). Meh.

Yeah, no way I'll be able to resist calling him Racist Roy, it's just too perfect.

Hmm, DC would be nice, one Gunnthra would be fine, more merges for Grima will always be welcome aaand... that's it. Full circle and pass, even if Roy's bonus might be interesting, I probably don't really need it; not that I could pull for him with my lack of orbs anyways.

1 minute ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Yeah, no way I'll be able to resist calling him Racist Roy, it's just too perfect.

Same thought went through my head. I was reading out the skill "Oh my god, Roy is racist". I guess whenever Jill gets added she and Roy will get along well.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Whoever designed Roy’s C must sit down and play FE6 and 7 this instant.
The Elibe duology has never been about “humanity fuck yeah”.

I really think it's there to counter our new found furry friends, since as it stands, their only weak to things corresponding to their movement type. Though it is quite unfortunate the manaketes got jumbled into this mess.

To me, both Roy's art and unit type just scream boring. He isn't bad by any means and his skills will make him pretty broken, but I just have no interest in getting yet another infantry sword. They could have at least tried being creative with him. No surprise that they won't be ending LG!Heroes any time soon though.

As for my preferance:

Red: L!Roy is the big dud here, while another Hrid would be DC fodder. Micaiah is someone I really really, but looking at who she is sharing with.. well at least my limited orbs will be glad.

Blue: L!Ephraim would be soneone I want, but doesn't feel necessary at all anymore. M!Corrin is someone I dislike and I have no interesr in Niles.

Green: After getting V!Lilina, Gunnthra doesn't seem as necessary either, I dislike F!Corrin too and Sutr would just be fodder.

Colourless: Already have more than enough of Female Grima. Xander would be guilt-free CC fodder. Mikoto is someone I do kind of want, but not exactly desperately so.

Yeah this banner is pretty lame for me. Micaiah is the one true highlight, and I don't trust the rng to give her to me. I'd rather wait until she comes back in August. I'll pull all the reds on the first board and leave.

Edited by Nanima

I do not know if it is the right place...

At mods and editor:

The colour of Xander, Micaiah and Niles was mixed.

Cannot post screenshots with my phone unfortunately.

Regarding topic:

Easy skip because no BraveCelica and no other unit I really want or need aside of Micaiah maybe.

Edited by Necrofantasia

This Roy is on fire. But this banner's not that hard to skip for me, even with L!Gunnthra, Dream M!Corrin, L!Ephraim, H!Niles, and L!Robin on it. All orbs are still going toward trying to get the rest of the Valentine's Mercenaries. Just need Ike and Mist.

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The C-skill is supposed to reference Roy's continued belief in the good of mankind despite the evil they can commit, to serve as a foil to Zephiel's contempt.  Reread Roy's convo with Zephiel when they meet in Ch. 22

Woah! That A skill has the potential to be really busted. Imagine if you gave Roy Atk/Def link, and paired him with Kaden who could give him a quick shove... Roy now has +18 to each of his stats! (6 from buffs, 6 from his own A skill, and 6 from Kaden's "drive my buffs" effect.) And it appears to be inheritable! I wonder if it will be limited to infantry? If not, oh man....

I feel like Red will be the priority on this banner. I'll want a few of Roy, could always use more distant counter, and would like some merges for Micaiah. Green will be the backup (could only use more female Corrin, but Surtr's A skill is also good to have), with Blue coming next (would only want Male Corrin there), and colorless will only be chosen if no other colors appear.

Interesting skills they gave Roy. Despite being mostly indifferent to the boy I wouldn’t mind getting him...if his legendary banner actually had characters I cared for. Micaiah is really the only other unit I like.

Well, I might always try to spend a few orbs on the reds since Hrid is DC fodder.

Probably will do a free pull for Red, but other then that this is a skip. I spent too many orbs as is between the recent two banners, and while Roy's A skill is appealing I don't think it's worth spending more. 

1 hour ago, Icelerate said:

Roy is racist confirmed! 

I knew that idealistic spiel was just an act!

3 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

if his legendary banner actually had characters I cared for

Real talk. I'm looking at the 12 characters on this banner and oh boy, if I were to judge them by how interesting they are as characters, well, tough luck. 

18 minutes ago, Namero said:

I wonder if it will be limited to infantry? If not, oh man....

Good question. Now that you mention it, that could make a lot of sense, especially since infantry are more limited in their ways to use it.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

In fairness its a good shout out to how Roy supports a whole bunch of dudes which includes every single unit type BUT Dragons

But yeah its so stupid. The entire story of Elibe duology had a strong theme of hoping for coexistence in the future, and this is even reflected in Roy's army which had people from every nations in it