February's Legendary Hero - Roy: Blazing Lion (February 27 ~ March 5) DATAMINE HERE

Coolmanio

First non-dragon unit with built-in Distant Counter and another effect. It's effective damage is usually a free effect, but it's still a non-breath weapon with built-in Distant Counter and another effect. Also, unless it's the localization team at it again, RIP regular Roy being able to gain access to Dragonbind.

The green manakete might be from the lunatic difficulty The Tomb Exhales, the map of Chapter 2, Part 2 of Book 3: https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/The_Tomb_Exhales#Lunatic. It's the only Book 3 story map so far with a green manakete and she has 45 HP, the same as in the trailer. Her stats are as follows: 45 HP, 43 Atk, 30 Spd, 29 Def, and 28 Res, and she has Lightning Breath+, Fierce Stance 3, and Drive Atk 2.

Roy initiated and could double her, so her Fierce Stance 3 was active and he has at least 35 Spd and for Roy to take 14 damage from her, he would need 26 Res. With WTA, her 49 attack with Fierce Stance 3 (Atk+6 on enemy phase) would be treated as 49. 49 * 0.2 = 9.8 which is rounded down to 9 and 49 - 9 = 40. 40 - 14 = 26.

With Dragon Fang, Roy dealt 113 to the green manakete when normally, he would have done 82 meaning he received 31 damage from Dragon Fang which boosts the unit's damage by 50% of their attack. This one's easy, 62 * 0.5 = 31. The problem is that this would mean his base attack is 45 which wouldn't be that unheard of until you consider that he has at least 35 speed. 45/35 offenses would be stupid to say the least. If Human Virtue was active, then he'd gain +12 from it and Bonus Doubler giving him 34 base attack which would make him Soleil in offenses. Unfortunately, we don't know that.

The colorless archer might be from the hard difficulty The Omnious Raven, the map of Chapter 3, Part 2 of Book 3 who has 32 HP like in the trailer: https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/The_Ominous_Raven#Hard. The only other colorless archer that has appeared in Book 3 was in Omnicidal Witch, Chapter 1, Part 4, but he only has 30 HP on hard difficulty and 45 on lunatic: https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Omnicidal_Witch. Anyway, the 3-2, Book 3 archer has 32 HP, 28 Atk, 20 Spd, 19 Def, and 10 Res and he has a Steel Bow and Drive Spd 1.

He did no damage to Roy, so Roy has at least 28 Def. Roy in turn did 43 damage to him and since he's colorless and isn't a dragon, it's just a flat damage calculation. 43 + 19 = 62 total damage. That would give him 46 base attack without Dragonbind, but without Human Virtue or any +6 attack buff and Bonus Doubler, he'd have 34 base attack. So, Human Virtue was probably active in both scenes.

As a result, legendary Roy's stats would be this: 39 HP, 34 Atk, >= 35 Spd, >= 28 Def, and 26 Res, which gives him 162 BST. This would leave 1-2 points if he has gen 2 infantry BST or 6 if he has gen 3 infantry BST.

Compared to regular Roy, -5 HP, +4 Atk, +4 Spd, +3 Def, and -2 Res. Compared to brave Roy who we have to remember is a cavalry unit, +1 HP, +2 Atk, +1 Spd, +2 Def, +2 Res. Also, LA Roy who isn't as comparable since he's a ranged unit, but whatever; +5 HP, -1 Atk, +16 Spd, +1 Def, and -4 Res.

Edit: Forgot about Soleil. Compared to her, +2 HP, +2 Atk, -1 Def, and +2 Res.

Edit 2: Forgot about Bonus Doubler and had the wrong stats for the archer.

Edited by Kaden

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Kaden said:

First non-dragon unit with built-in Distant Counter and another effect. It's effective damage is usually a free effect, but it's still a non-breath weapon with built-in Distant Counter and another effect. Also, unless it's the localization team at it again, RIP regular Roy being able to gain access to Dragonbind.

The green manakete might be from the lunatic difficulty The Tomb Exhales, the map of Chapter 2, Part 2 of Book 3: https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/The_Tomb_Exhales#Lunatic. It's the only Book 3 story map so far with a green manakete and she has 45 HP, the same as in the trailer. Her stats are as follows: 45 HP, 43 Atk, 30 Spd, 29 Def, and 28 Res, and she has Lightning Breath+, Fierce Stance 3, and Drive Atk 2.

Roy initiated and could double her, so her Fierce Stance 3 was active and he has at least 35 Spd and for Roy to take 14 damage from her, he would need 26 Res. With WTA, her 49 attack with Fierce Stance 3 (Atk+6 on enemy phase) would be treated as 49. 49 * 0.2 = 9.8 which is rounded down to 9 and 49 - 9 = 40. 40 - 14 = 26.

With Dragon Fang, Roy dealt 113 to the green manakete when normally, he would have done 82 meaning he received 31 damage from Dragon Fang which boosts the unit's damage by 50% of their attack. This one's easy, 62 * 0.5 = 31. The problem is that this would mean his base attack is 45 which wouldn't be that unheard of until you consider that he has at least 35 speed. 45/35 offenses would be stupid to say the least. If Human Virtue was active, then he'd have 40 base attack which would make him Soleil in offenses. Unfortunately, we don't know that nor do we know if he gained any boosts from Bonus Doubler.

The colorless archer might be from the hard difficulty The Omnious Raven, the map of Chapter 3, Part 2 of Book 3 who has 32 HP like in the trailer: https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/The_Ominous_Raven#Hard. The only other colorless archer that has appeared in Book 3 was in Omnicidal Witch, Chapter 1, Part 4, but he only has 30 HP on hard difficulty and 45 on lunatic: https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Omnicidal_Witch. Anyway, the 3-2, Book 3 archer has 32 HP, 27 Atk, 22 Spd, 13 Def, and 10 Res and he has a Steel Bow and Drive Spd 1.

He did no damage to Roy, so Roy has at least 27 Def. Roy in turn did 43 damage to him and since he's colorless and isn't a dragon, it's just a flat damage calculation. 43 + 13 = 56 total damage which would support the idea of Human Virtue being active against the green manakete, but does not confirm anything from Bonus Doubler. For now, let's just say Roy's base attack might be 40.

As a result, legendary Roy's stats would be this: 39 HP, possibly 40 Atk, >= 35 Spd, >= 27 Def, and 26 Res, which gives him 167 BST. Coincidentally, that means at most, he could have 1 more stat into speed or defense since unsurprisingly, 167 BST means he has gen 3 infantry BST.

Compared to regular Roy, -5 HP, +10 Atk, +4 Spd, +2 Def, and -2 Res. Compared to brave Roy who we have to remember is a cavalry unit, +1 HP, +8 Atk, +1 Spd, +1 Def, +2 Res. Also, LA Roy who isn't as comparable since he's a ranged unit, but whatever; +5 HP, +5 Atk, +16 Spd, and -4 Res.

Edit: Forgot about Soleil. Compared to her, +2 HP, +2 Atk, -1 Def, and +2 Res.

I honestly think OG Binding Blade is better. The effective effect of Dragonbind is to get an A slot while the effective effect of binding blade is to gain a B slot so the true power of Dragonbind is stance and whatever Surt skill name is, which Binding Blade can match with Guard and plethora of options like Wrath, Null disruption etc

Hmmm. . .

- Red: I have zero of these units, so any of them will be a plus
- Green: Same boat as red, though Gunnthra doesn't excite me as much
- Blue: While I don't have any of these units, I'm a little less excited about Niles
- Colorless: I'm happy with my Robin, and not overly keen on the other two

Red > Green = Blue >> Colorless

That Askill looks at first glance busted, but then you realize that it means running the correct Teammates and has in some case restrictions on positioning (you need to get the buffs).

Its good but nowhere busted and very diminishing once you factor in Panic or Aversas Night

Also would not be surprised if Infantry exclusiv. So it would be a good skill for Bladetome users who need buffs anyway. 

Edited by Hilda

10 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I honestly think OG Binding Blade is better. The effective effect of Dragonbind is to get an A slot while the effective effect of binding blade is to gain a B slot so the true power of Dragonbind is stance and whatever Surt skill name is, which Binding Blade can match with Guard and plethora of options like Wrath, Null disruption etc

I didn't say that Binding Blade is worse than Dragonbind. It's just the localized, English name might mean regular Roy can't get it and having another option helps in general. The other thing is that regular Roy would be easier to merge, so people being able to get him to +10 if they want and him having access to unique refined Binding Blade, HP+3, effective damage against dragons, Bracing Stance 2 (Def/Res+4 when attacked), and Quick Riposte 5 (>= 50% HP threshold) and Dragonbind, effective damage against dragons and Distant Counter, would be really useful.

Edited by Kaden

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

I didn't say that Binding Blade is worse than Dragonbind. It's just the localized, English name might mean regular Roy can't get it and having another option helps in general. The other thing is that regular Roy would be easier to merge, so people being able to get him to +10 if they want and him having access to unique refined Binding Blade, HP+3, effective damage against dragons, Bracing Stance 2 (Def/Res+4 when attacked), and Quick Riposte 5 (>= 50% HP threshold) and Dragonbind, effective damage against dragons and Distant Counter, would be really useful.

Yeah not exactly saying you did, just saying my opinion wrt the weapon and how it would affect Base Roy had he have it. With how good Binding Blade is, its definitely one of the more complex A slot distant counter user

I mean its the exact interaction used by IS when they come up with Brave Hector. 

Human Virtue? I'm not okay with Roy being outed as a human supremacist. I also think the implications are just as icky in the context of his universe. 

I am missing two units of each color, which is definitely a best case scenario with those four legendary hero reruns. My priority is the seasonals as usual because of their rarity. If I'm lucky I might be able to mop them up and then head back to the beast banner because I have my eye on that beast valor.

I am so glad I actually want copies of all three red units. I'll be pulling only red on this banner.

That Legendary stat symbol: That looks like either two upwards-pointing lightning bolts or a road leading out to the distance. If it's lightning bolts, my guess is it has something to do with Special skills (Quickened Pulse or Wo Dao or something else). If it's a road, perhaps it's movement related, such as getting rid of movement penalties over forests and trenches.

Dragonbind: Standard fare Distant Counter weapon with effective damage. Nothing too over the top.

Bonus Doubler: Exalted Falchion's effect as a skill. Seems absurdly powerful on any team with Legendary Azura on it. Has the dumbest-sounding name, though.

Human Virtue: An offensive and racist version of With Everyone!

Translation notes:

Dragonbind is 魔竜封印の剣 (maryuu fuuin no tsurugi), literally "Sword of Mage Dragon Sealing" or "Mage-Dragon-Binding Blade", if you want to stick as close to the localization of the Binding Blade's name. Compare with 封印の剣 (fuuin no tsurugi), the name for the Binding Blade, and 魔竜 (maryuu), the Mage Dragon class (using Shadow Dragon's localization of the word) that Idenn has.

Bonus Doubler is 強化増幅 (kyouka zoufuku), "Bonus Amplification". The word 強化 (kyouka), "strengthening" or "enhancement", is what the "Bonus" mechanic is called in Japanese.

Human Virtue is 人の可能性を! (hito no kanousei wo!), "[I will believe] in the potential of humans!"

Edited by Ice Dragon

Stats:

The first round of combat is against the bow fighter in Story 3-3-2 Hard.

The bow fighter has 27 Atk and deals 0 damage, so Roy has at least 27 Def. Roy deals 43 damage against the bow fighter's 13 Def, so he has 56 Atk with his weapon and 40 Atk without. Roy doubles against the bow fighter's 20 Spd, so he has at least 25 Spd.

The second round of combat is against the gronn mamkute in Story 3-2-2 Lunatic.

The mamkute has 43+6 Atk (Fierce Stance) and deals 14 damage, so Roy has 26 Res. Roy deals 82 damage against the mamkute's 29 Def, so he has 62 Atk, which is corroborated by his Dragon Fang's 31 damage. Roy doubles against the mamkute's 30 Spd, so he has at least 35 Spd.

Judging by the exact 6-point difference in Atk between the first and second rounds of combat, it looks like Roy either has

1. Human Virtue, but not Bonus Doubler, in round 1 and both in round 2, or
  2. Neither skill active in round 1 and only Human Virtue in round 2.

So we know his stats are:

HP: 39
Atk: 34 or 40
Spd: at least 29
Def: at least 27
Res: 26

Assuming a total of 168, my guess is

Atk: 34
Spd: 37
Def: 32

if he has 34 Atk and

Atk: 40
Spd: 35
Def: 28

if he has 40 Atk.

31 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Bonus Doubler: Exalted Falchion's effect as a skill. Seems absurdly powerful on any team with Legendary Azura on it. Has the dumbest-sounding name, though.

Do you think it will stack with Exalted Falchion? 

Aw maaaan the DC + DB4 in one color dream is dead :( Couldn't care less for Micaiah and Roy so pulling for DC just got a lot less interesting. Except if Roy's skill will really work on Kaden, then I will take him as fodder.

Hmm really not sure what to do now. I still need Kaden of the beasts so would like to use my orbs for that, but I really want DC on Keaton. But if I get Micaiah those orbs will just be gone to waste :( Guess I'll just have to try and seriously pray Kaden gets demoted or else I will forever regret this.

28 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Death Blow stacks with Durandal just fine. There's nothing stopping Bonus Doubler from stacking with Exalted Falchion.

Thanks!

Then that would be a great skill for L!Marth to have. Not that I'm using him much ... 

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Translation notes:

Dragonbind is 魔竜封印の剣 (maryuu fuuin no tsurugi), literally "Sword of Mage Dragon Sealing" or "Mage-Dragon-Binding Blade", if you want to stick as close to the localization of the Binding Blade's name. Compare with 封印の剣 (fuuin no tsurugi), the name for the Binding Blade, and 魔竜 (maryuu), the Mage Dragon class (using Shadow Dragon's localization of the word) that Idenn has.

Human Virtue: An offensive and racist version of With Everyone!

If the word is 魔竜 then nothing is stopping me from thinking it as "demon dragon" to go with that racist  C skill.

O shi waddup here comes that boi

First off, nah this won't be best Roy art. Second, what's the icon next to the fire bonus? Anyway, he has Dragonbind (which is DC and Dragon effectiveness), Dragon Fang 4, Bonus Doubler 3 (Doubles any bonuses on him, which sounds amazing, but yeah probably not for non-infantry.), Renewal 3 and Human Virtue (Which grants him and allies +6 Atk/Spd so long as they're next to him and not beasts/dragons. Man, Ninian must be upset). As am I because he's an infantry sword again. He might have good enough BST though.

As for the others, Red has Hrid and Danciah where I have Hrid but DC and maybe better nature could convince me, Blue has L'Ephraim, H!Niles and A!M!Corrin, which only could interest me with that Corrin but now with the other two, Green has Gunnthra, A!F!Corrin and Surtr, none of which I have so that would be neat and Colourless has F!Grima, Mikoto and DanXander, where I think I'll pass. So anyways, Red > Green > Blue > Colourless ...... Oh shit did they skip Quan? Dammit IS, you had a chance for months now. When will he show up again?

Also yeah, I wonder what would have happened if Surtr was chosen instead of L!Lyn?

Could you guys stop calling Roy racist because of his C skill? It's anything, but funny.

Roy looks like a very offensive unit, I wonder what his legendary bonus effect is. His weapon is simple, but effective - as long as he's adjacent to an ally, he probably will be a hard hitting counterattack, and also a very threatening player phase unit. Bonus Doubler and Human Virtue basically guarantees him +12 Atk/Spd, plus distant counter and effective against dragon makes him stupidly good - just give that guy a Heavy Blade seal or something. Human Virtue is almost Hone Atk/Spd 4, but at least it has a limitation to not buff all the units. Considering how beasts like to charge in (Tibarn, Naesala, Keaton for example) and that we have 180 bst dragons out there, it could be a smart balance decision to not buff every unit in the game. Need to see that bonus effect first though.

On the other hand Renewal seems a bit odd for his build, but I keep my hopes up. Overall not bad out of the box, but he's definitely worth some investment.

Red > Green > Colorless > Blue - unless Grima puts colorless to the bottom of your list.

Not excited by Roy at all. Infantry swords are just... eh these days. I have so many. His art is fine but I much prefer his CYL art and it doesn't even come close to that. 

Oh well. Hrid is my most wanted unit right now. I don't have him and I want him. Wouldn't mind Roy or Micaiah coming instead. I don't have many orbs so don't expect to get any, but I'll give it a shot. 

Not pulling on any other colours if red is nice to me. I'll decide which colour to pull on if red doesn't show up at the time. 

The symbol for Roy's blessing makes me think it's a Disrupting effect. Maybe canceling out skills that affect follow-up attacks when fire blessed units initiate combat or like the cavalry beast units ability to prevent follow-ups when they initiate.

50 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Not excited by Roy at all. Infantry swords are just... eh these days. I have so many. His art is fine but I much prefer his CYL art and it doesn't even come close to that. 

Exactly what I was thinking. I hoped they would give him something new, instead of that we'll get another OP sword infantry. 

Good luck getting Hrid, he is a fun unit. 

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Exactly what I was thinking. I hoped they would give him something new, instead of that we'll get another OP sword infantry. 

Good luck getting Hrid, he is a fun unit. 

I tried so hard for him last time. I blew all my orbs trying to get Ike and Soren, with little to show for it instead, so might not be able to this time. Hopefully he'll be nice, though ^.^