February's Legendary Hero - Roy: Blazing Lion (February 27 ~ March 5) DATAMINE HERE

Coolmanio

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like the English name of Roy's C kinda missed the point of FE6.  The Japanese name seems a bit better, but I still feel it misses the point a bit since the entire idea with the last few chapters of FE6 is Roy's belief in the potential for peaceful coexistence with everyone, not just humans.  He lectures Jahn about Arcadia's existence.

I'm not sure what to do, they sprung this at a pretty bad time between VRoy rerun and FE6 banner.  I might end up waiting for his second run but... hmhm.

8 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Roy is racist confirmed! 

Let's say it's meant as acknowledgement of his strategist mind, but also of the fact that he never really got to command shapeshifters in combat, since you don't get any in FE6(Fa aside). 

The harm is obviously done because memes, but at least there's a reasonable explanation that has nothing to do with racism.

Edited by Cysx

38 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Let's say it's meant as acknowledgement of his strategist mind, but also of the fact that he never really got to command shapeshifters in combat, since you don't get any in FE6(Fa aside). 

The harm is obviously done because memes, but at least there's a reasonable explanation that has nothing to do with racism.

That's more shape shifters than Alm, Sigurd, Seliph, Leif, Hector, Eliwood and Lyn ever commanded (and an equal number to Ephraim and Eirika).

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

The only thing that I didn't like about Roy is that he is another Legendary Sword Unit... We now have 6 of them: Ike, Ryoma, Marth, Eirika, Hríd, and now Roy. He is also the third Legendary Infantry Sword Unit... That's sad...

They really shouldn't have made Hrid a sword user.

Edited by Jotari

8 minutes ago, Jotari said:

That's more shape shifters than Alm, Sigurd, Seliph, Leif, Hector, Eliwood and Lyn ever commanded (and an equal number to Ephraim and Eirika).

Absolutely, but none of them except perhaps Ephraim are also the army's strategist. Those two properties together are pretty specific to Roy.

Edited by Cysx

I wish they'd given it a slightly different name, like "Humanity's Virtue". I think that gets the point across clearer, without as much uncomfortable implications.

52 minutes ago, Jotari said:

They really shouldn't have made Hrid a sword user.

Agreed, they have the perfect character that is a blank state in term of unit design, and they made him a sword unit. He could have been an Axe Cavalier with the same effect on his Prf. He would have been more than just a husbando collection for me.

Edited by MagicCanonBalls

6 hours ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

If the word is 魔竜 then nothing is stopping me from thinking it as "demon dragon" to go with that racist  C skill.

"Demon dragon" is just a mistranslation of "mage dragon". Elibe's dragons are based on the dragons of Akaneia (supporting the theory that the two Dragon Gates of Elibe are linked to the two Dragon Gates of Akaneia) and use the same types and roughly the same designs as their Akaneian counterparts, with the Akaneia remakes following Elibe's designs even more closely.

35 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

"Demon dragon" is just a mistranslation of "mage dragon". Elibe's dragons are based on the dragons of Akaneia (supporting the theory that the two Dragon Gates of Elibe are linked to the two Dragon Gates of Akaneia) and use the same types and roughly the same designs as their Akaneian counterparts, with the Akaneia remakes following Elibe's designs even more closely.

Wow I had no idea about that theory of dragons from two different games can possibly be connected. Appreciate the extra info.

Though I said what I said because I have always associated the word 魔 with demon rather than magic since I was a child.

1 hour ago, Motendra said:

Appropriate.

As for the rest of the banner, another chance to get FeGrima, Adrift Corrin and DC. I'm for it

Thanks! I hate it!

As for the banner, I'm mildly interested. I'll only pull on it once I've lost all hope of getting Keaton or Velouria. Gonna aim exclusively for Red.

1 minute ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

Though I said what I said because I have always associated the word 魔 with demon rather than magic since I was a child.

You always have 魔法 (mahou), "magic", and 魔道 (madou), "magecraft" or "sorcery", and you can pretty much treat 魔竜 (maryuu) as a contraction of 魔法の竜 (mahou no ryuu) or 魔道の竜 (madou no ryuu).

Of particular note, it's very clear that Akaneia's mage dragons are intended to be "magic" dragons and not "demon" dragons by the fact that the mage dragons of Akaneia are immune to magical damage (Mystery of the Emblem replaces the immunity with a high Res stat), and the mage dragons in the Akaneia remakes deal magical damage with their breath weapons instead of the physical damage that other breath weapons deal.

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You always have 魔法 (mahou), "magic", and 魔道 (madou), "magecraft" or "sorcery", and you can pretty much treat 魔竜 (maryuu) as a contraction of 魔法の竜 (mahou no ryuu) or 魔道の竜 (madou no ryuu).

Of particular note, it's very clear that Akaneia's mage dragons are intended to be "magic" dragons and not "demon" dragons by the fact that the mage dragons of Akaneia are immune to magical damage (Mystery of the Emblem replaces the immunity with a high Res stat), and the mage dragons in the Akaneia remakes deal magical damage with their breath weapons instead of the physical damage that other breath weapons deal.

FEH has made me forgot that Breath weapons don't always deal magical damage (I know that technically they can deal physical damage against ranged units). It does makes more sense that fire breathe from a dragon is considered as magical

Also, slight correction on 魔道, it should be 魔導,because 魔道 actually does mean evil way of life/path, the word 魔 on its own means demon and often relates to evil stuff, that's why my first impression on the word 魔竜 is demon dragon. Of course I will try not to go there from now (at least on this dragonbind sword).

15 minutes ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

Also, slight correction on 魔道, it should be 魔導,because 魔道 actually does mean evil way of life/path, the word 魔 on its own means demon and often relates to evil stuff, that's why my first impression on the word 魔竜 is demon dragon. Of course I will try not to go there from now (at least on this dragonbind sword).

Fire Emblem uses "魔道" instead of "魔導". The Mage class is 魔道士, the Tome weapon in Heroes is 魔道, Reinhardt's "Magic is everything!" line is "魔道のすべてを", etc.

As best as I can tell, the two are entirely interchangeable.

And even then, sorcery is typically considered to be going down the path of evil historically, so the etymology makes perfect sense.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Fire Emblem uses "魔道" instead of "魔導". The Mage class is 魔道士, the Tome weapon in Heroes is 魔道, Reinhardt's "Magic is everything!" line is "魔道のすべてを", etc.

As best as I can tell, the two are entirely interchangeable.

And even then, sorcery is typically considered to be going down the path of evil historically, so the etymology makes perfect sense.

Ah I see, wasn't aware of that. I Apologize for that

Datamine Stats & Blessing Ability

Spoiler

wl0r3r6sk1j21.png?width=864&auto=webp&s=

Legendary Effect:

Fire Ally Boost: HP+3 Grants allies this Legendary Effect during Fire season, if the Fire blessing has been conferred and if this unit enters battle with them. If unit is 5★ and level 40 and unit's stats total less than 175, treats unit's stats as 175 in modes like Arena. (Higher-scoring opponents will appear. Stat total calculation excludes any values

15 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

Datamine Stats & Blessing Ability

Reveal hidden contents

wl0r3r6sk1j21.png?width=864&auto=webp&s=

Legendary Effect:

Fire Ally Boost: HP+3 Grants allies this Legendary Effect during Fire season, if the Fire blessing has been conferred and if this unit enters battle with them. If unit is 5★ and level 40 and unit's stats total less than 175, treats unit's stats as 175 in modes like Arena. (Higher-scoring opponents will appear. Stat total calculation excludes any values

So... This essencially confirms Duel Skill 4 in the future?

Well, then...

Spoiler

I totally fucking called it on his stats and on Bonus Doubler being infantry only. Only missed stats by 1 point of Spd.

The Legendary effect is interesting. Honestly, it's a good way to encourage more diversity in defense teams at the top of the Arena... well other than the fact that the team composition is guaranteed to have Roy in it.

The funny thing is that Roy will end up with the lowest effective stat total in his party due to only reaching the 170 bucket.