What are your goals for Fire Emblem?

XRay

You have any Fire Emblem goals? I do!

I want to buy a Switch and play Three Houses. And to save myself from retyping stuff, I will just quote myself from the Heroes general thread.

17 minutes ago, XRay said:

It pains me to make such a goal/promise/strict budget, but I really, really, really, really, really, really, really want a Switch in anticipation for Three Houses. (I also want a new laptop, new refurbished phone, new microwave, etc., so I need my finances to stop bleeding into Heroes.) After I get my first 5* from Greil's Devoted and SF!Xander if there is Spring Festival rerun, I am going to limit the money I spend on Heroes to just the monthly/special Orb packs. Basically, I bar myself from spending on the regular Orb packs.

I figure announcing my intentions in public will help me stick with my goal. When I get the urge to spend more money on Heroes, I will remember my spiel here and hopefully feel bad enough that I would not violate my promise. Maybe I will make a thread in Far From the Forest later to make my goal more detailed; the more I plan something, I think the more I am likely to follow through with it. I will paste this into my signature too so I will see it every time I reply or post something.

I am sorry Anna, but I will make it up to you by buying the special edition of Three Houses and all the DLCs. I will also Summoner Support you in Heroes.

To elaborate a little more, while quitting Heroes would be ideal, I just could not see myself stop playing Heroes. I feel really attached to the game, and outright quitting just seems way too hard. The best I can do is to spend freely on the last one or two 5* units to ease the transition into low spending mode. I think SF!Xander is a good cut off point. Once I get SF!Xander, I would have every Special Hero up to New Year of Fire and Ice Focus and have all 20 Dancers/Singers.

To make myself depend on Heroes less for my daily dose of Fire Emblem entertainment, my additional Fire Emblem goals are:

1. Finish Fates.
1i. Finish Conquest.
1ia. Get all statues.
1ib. Get all supports.
1ic. Get all base and DLC skills for each character.
1id. Get max stats for each base and DLC class for each character.
1ii. Finish Birthright.
1iia. Get all statues.
1iib. Get all supports.
1iic. Get all base and DLC skills for each character.
1iid. Get max stats for each base and DLC class for each character.
1iii. Get F!Corrin all skills in Revelations.
1iiia. Get all statues.
1iiib. Get all supports.
1iiic. Get all base and DLC skills for each character.
1iiid. Get max stats for each base and DLC class for each character.

2. Finish Echoes.
2i. Make 12 Star Jacinths.
2ii. Max everyone's stats.
2iii. Max everyone's skills.
2iiii. Promote everyone to their overclass.

3. Finish Advance Wars: Dual Strike (Not Fire Emblem, but close enough.)

Beating Thracia 776 is something I want to do for a very long time. But I never could find the time to do it. And then when I tried once I made a big mistake and restarted the entire game. When I'm gonna play it, I need to do it in long marathons because otherwise I hardly make progress.

I also want to play three houses but I also don't want to buy a switch just to play one game and 65 euros is a price I wouldn't pay for any game (let alone a game I'm skeptical about). I will buy it when the price drops and then play it at a friend's house who owns a switch.

Beating the final chapter of fe10 is something I still need to do but don't want to do.

Still to do:

Play through RD

Second playthrough of RD with transfer data

Axe only playthroughs of BS HHM and BB HM

MotE Prepromotes only Book 2.

As I wish:

Awakening: Grind up for Apotheosis Secret Route

Check what supports are left.

Fates: Get supports

Prepare Corrino (Where Corrin can't be used after Chapter 6)

SoV: Buy DLC (Hoping for a sale)

Three Houses: Acquire Switch

Get Three Houses

Hope for value for both.

I managed to make emulation work for me in the past week and have been binging on Mystery of the Emblem, it's been the only game I've been playing save FEH logging-in. I tackled chapters 6-10 of Book 2 yesterday maybe? Plan to shoot through Anri's Way by tonight. 

After this, I'll be done just in time for the FE6 banner in FEH to begin Archanea Reborn: Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade.

After that, I'll go for Genealogy. And then New Mystery. And then maybe NES FE1 and Gaiden. Thracia is being skipped until we get a complete and better translation.

3H will come eventually of course, and maybe some themed runs in the meantime.

Continuing - and preferably finishing - Genealogy of the Holy War

Playing - and preferably finishing - Thracia 776

Replaying Sacred Stones (but let's be honest here, I almost replay it every second or third month, so it's not my biggest goal)
         as always, trying to use Forde for the most part

Choosing - and fully merging - a third unit for my Arena Core in FEH (preferably blue/green)     OR      waiting, and saving up orbs and feathers until Forde is added

Getting a 3dsxl/switch and playing Warriors
        if switch -> also playing Three Houses

That's all I can really think of right now, and the order of importance is from top to bottom (except for Sacred Stones, as I will probably do that whenever I feel like doing it - even if I'm in the middle of another FE or anything else...)

I have, what, nine save files in Fates?  At least five of them are active playthroughs.

Another three files in Awakening.  One is completed, the other two are in progress.

I'm LPing two FE games.  Just beat the Fane of Raman in Mystery Book 1 and defeated Macbeth and his mercenaries in Genealogy.  Plan to finish both games eventually, and hopefully I'll be done with at least one of them by the time I get around to Thracia 776.

I of course intend to at least see about buying FE 3H.  I would like to hear more about the game though before it releases.

And I intend to beat all the other FE games I haven't yet beaten through my LPs.  So that'll be Thracia 776, Binding Blade, Blazing Sword, Sacred Stones, Path of Radiance, and Radiant Dawn.  Skipping over Archanea Saga because that isn't really much of a game.  Also probably never gonna finish either NES game.

I still need to play through Tellius. Back on my old PC, i had a USB with Path of Radiance on it. That USB literally fell apart and i lost my saves. My new PC can handle Path of Radiance much better (and actually run Radiant Dawn, something my old PC couldn't) but the Tellius games have the slowest animations and i kinda don't want to go through that again. Then again, there is a fast forward option.

I too hope that I can get a Switch just for 3 houses, and that would means to get a real job as soon as possible (just finished my internship and graduated about 3 weeks ago).

For game though, I really want to finish Tokyo Mirage but the cutscenes seems really long and no way to skipping them, I hate that in video games because I seldom have any interest in knowing the story. So I guess my goal here is to brace myself and just finish playing the game some day.

2nd goal is to finish my current BR lunatic run without over grinding, I am stuck at Asugi's paralogue and must have reset for about 6 times already.

3rd goal, or rather plan, after finishing BR is to start CQ with S-Support Arthur and Berserker Corrin, plus making Benny and Charlotte compulsory in every battle after they were recruited.

I still have an active Awakening Lunatic+ playthrough but I don't think I am ever going to finish that.

I can be a bit of a completionist, but the completionist criteria for Fire Emblem games are usually obnoxiously grindy and thus I never want to attempt. 7+ playthroughs to fill out the support log in FE7, fifteen playthroughs of FE9 to unlock all the Trial Map units. I love those games but I have to pass. In FE8 I exploited the system by saving to a separate save file when activating supports in the Tower of Valni, allowing me to finish the log in a single playthrough. Then there was the game's Creature Campaign where you have to work your way through those super dungeons three times each. I definitely underestimated how long these tasks would take, but that's a game where I did finish everything.

Awakening and Fates can have the support log completed in the same manner as FE8, get an S support, save to a different file. But man does that take an even longer time when everybody supports everybody and you need to nab the parent child convos as well. It also takes two playthroughs because Robin and Corrin have two separate support logs due to gender, and Fates takes two playthroughs per version due to the exclusive recruitable character in each game. All that work for badly written supports? No thanks. Echoes left me with little idea of what a completed game was, since I was shocked to find no Lunatic difficulty. I even beat the game on its hardest setting for my first playthrough because somebody in the Ask a Question thread told me doing so would unlock Lunatic.

My realistic goals for fire emblem games is to beat FE9 and 10 on Hard Mode and beat Hector Normal Mode. I just never found time for these things.

Playing through and beating Shadow Dragon, the first non-3DS Fire Emblem game I'm playing. Been slowly going through it though since I haven't had much time to play it though since I have been busy doing other things.

12 hours ago, XRay said:

You have any Fire Emblem goals? I do!

I want to buy a Switch and play Three Houses. And to save myself from retyping stuff, I will just quote myself from the Heroes general thread.

i'm actually doing a marathon in order to complete one last time all titles of the franchise, starting from the NES era up to the Switch. and i just started Thracia 776.

after that, or maybe even inbetween, i'll do the same with Advance Wars.

• get a Switch so I can play Three Houses
  • beat all the games in the main series (so finish 1 and play 3, birthright, revelation, and maybe the kaga saga games if I can emulate them)
  • challenge myself by replaying games on higher difficulties (like right now I'm playing conquest lunatic mode)
  • maybe try the spin-offs like warriors and tokyo mirage sessions
  • idk, just have fun trying out different units and strategies

I got GD!Greil and Mia in the same summoning circle, so that is great. I do not really care for Mia, but a 5* unit is a 5* unit. It could have been GD!Ike, but oh well.

If Spring Festival Focus is not rerun, then I guess this will be the last time I purchase regular Orb packs.

15 hours ago, LJwalhout said:

And then when I tried once I made a big mistake and restarted the entire game.

Same with me, however I am also the type of person that if I feel I have gtten many bad level ups I will restart from 0. 

A goal of FE6 I have is beating FE6, FE7 HHM, FE9 and then FE4. Probably in that order.

On 27/02/2019 at 3:44 AM, Ϲharlie said:

My goal is to make as much money as possible by selling my Fire Emblem collection on eBay.

Not much to be made from trash

On 2/28/2019 at 10:11 PM, Tryhard said:

Not much to be made from trash

Never underestimate a Fire Emblem fan's willingness to shell out cash for junk

On 3/2/2019 at 11:09 AM, Ϲharlie said:

I bought Fates twice. Both Special Editions. Bought the DLCs twice too, one for my Japanese copy and one for my North American copy.

• Get FE11 on Wii U virtual console and beat it (maybe just play through the easiest difficulty to Chapter 1 first to experience some story, then do Hard 3 or something)
  • Beat FE7 & FE8 (And someday beat them on all difficulties)
  • Get FE9 & FE10 someday and beat them (on all difficulties)
  • Beat all three paths of Fates on all difficulties
  • Beat Awakening on Hard, as well as the Future Past Trilogy
  • Beat Echoes on Hard (including Act 6) and complete a Blitzkrieg run on Normal
  • Get an emulator to play FE3, FE4, FE5, FE6, & FE12 (And beat them)
  • Maybe make a Japanese account on Switch to get FE1 and play it with a guide.

Heroes gets in the way of some of these, as do other things.

On 3/2/2019 at 12:09 PM, Ϲharlie said:

Given how much money Heroes raked in, I'm inclined to agree with this statement.

Yes, this is a hot take on microtransactions, I hate this devil of a business practice and its influence on games nowadays, fight me.

On 3/7/2019 at 9:06 AM, Azure in a Roundabout said:
  • Get an emulator to play FE3, FE4, FE5, FE6, & FE12 (And beat them)

Use Snes9x for the first three and Visual Boy Advance for FE6.  I've played FE12 on an emulator, but I don't know if I'd recommend the emulator I used as I could only save my progress via save states (maybe just faulty settings, but emulators are always such fickle things).

• Beat Awakening on Hard, as well as the Future Past Trilogy

My advice on this: don't be afraid to resort to using Frederick or fighting Spotpass teams to get by.  For Future Past, you're gonna essentially need an endgame team, because those maps do not go easy on you, especially if you want to save everyone, so again you should grind.

• Maybe make a Japanese account on Switch to get FE1 and play it with a guide.

After playing through both Mystery of the Emblem and Shadow Dragon, I don't recommend going through the effort/spending the resources to do this if playing FE1 is the only reason you'd do so.

Finish my current Awakening playthrough that I haven't touched in awhile

Play the Future's Past (Or whatever it's called) DLC

Do a Fates playthrough where I romance Oboro

Do a Fates playthrough where I romance Flora

Restart FE5...again, and try to actually beat it

Do everything in Fire Emblem Warriors