Is Arden useful as a husband?

Hanes

I'm not asking for the memes i just genuinely want to know if Arden is a good option to support with anyone because of his Strength and Def. Although his speed is very trash but he also passes down Vantage doesn't he?

2 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Which are those?

Lester(Edain) and Faval(Brigid). Arden can use bows as a general, then pass them onto the son he fathers.

He also makes a good husband for Ayra, though everyone I can think of does.

Also looking it up, the vantage works well with Tiltyu's kids wrath.

Now I've never done it, but if you plan on using him then I'd conjecture pairing him with someone like Ayra, because then she will bear two tankier-than-usual sword units and seeing as how Arden uses swords--both parents will pass down weapons. However, literally anyone is good with Ayra and there are better matches. 

8 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Which are those?

Edain and Brigid. 

Between the two, Brigid is the better option because Arden can pass down weapons to Patty but Edain's daughter is a healer and will suffer from Arden's physical growths. 

Sorry emporer hardin i just updated lol

Edited by Trojan123

Well thanks guys, I guess Ayra is just too good lol. I'm not sure what to do for all other pair ups but ok, also I'm not using Arden I'm just thinking wether some love points would be good to give so yeah liek you said maybe Brigid.

He's a decent dad especially if you want your kids to be tanky, did Ardan/Fury once and it resulted in a hilarious tank Fee. 

Sety/Ced despite the magic disadvantage was still a god among men even withought Holsety too.

1 minute ago, Jedi said:

Sety/Ced despite the magic disadvantage was still a god among men even withought Holsety too.

Wait isn't Holsety just Sety's prf weapon?

11 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

No. Holsety is a sacred weapon that Lewyn gets in Gen 1. He can pass it down to his son provided he can wield magic (Sety, Arthur, Corple after promotion).

1 minute ago, Jave said:

No. Holsety is a sacred weapon that Lewyn gets in Gen 1. He can pass it down to his son provided he can wield magic (Sety, Arthur, Corple after promotion).

But can't Sety wield magic anyways since his class is mage? And if it does have to be [assed then what partner should I give Lewyn?

1 minute ago, This boi uses Nino said:

But can't Sety wield magic anyways since his class is mage? And if it does have to be [assed then what partner should I give Lewyn?

Yes, Sety/Ced always wields magic, but he only gets Holsety if Lewyn is his father.

For Holsety not to get lost between gens, Lewyn needs to be paired with Fury, Tailtiu or Silvia.

3 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Although sety as levin's son (and thus the wielder of holsey) is cannon, you are free to pair levin with someone else (such as tiltyu, it you want holsety on a horse). holsety and the blagi staff are the only two holy weapons that can be inhereted onto anyone this way, as all other holy weapons are on mothers or fixed characters. Heck, you can even give sety the blagi staff.

1 minute ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Sety can only ever use B wind tomes unless levin is his father. As a reminder, holy blood and promotions are the only way to raise  weapon rank in this game.

As for who is the best user of holsety, people debate endlessly whether arther or sety is the better user. Sety has pursuit and high max stats, whereas arther has a horse (which are broken in this game). the only other possible user is corple, but he has neither of the things mentioned above, and comes super late. All other sons can;t use holsety due to being unable to use magic at all.

As for arden, His problem is that lex has everything he does as a father exept inheretence potential. Arden has high atk and def growths, but lex has a high atk growth, and holy blood which improves both children's def growths. Arden has vantage, but lex has vantage and elite. Arden is a chore to use, but lex is a great unit, who can easily max his level (and you want a high level so the kids have higher base stats). Arden's only advantage is that he can pass on bows (and i guess also swords, but trading those is easy in gen 2). Lester can get the killer bow passed down from arden (and inheretence from is the ONLY way to get a decent bow on lester for the first 2.5 chapters of gen 2), but mider and jamka do the same thing, while being better dads for lester, and being able to pass on the brave and sliver bows as well.

I will point out there is a secret event that only occurs if Arden has a wife on his final chapter that gives him 5 skill, that not many people trigger. As for the Lewyn, I must warn you that pairing him with Tailtiu trivializes a lot of generation 2, due to how early you get Arthur (and thus Holsety).

15 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

One of the only benefits of Arden as a father (over Lex) is that he gets B rank Bows on promotion, so he can pass the Hero Bow and/or Killer Bow on to Lester.

He can't pass the Hero Bow as it can only be gotten in Gen 1 for Jamke or Midayle if they paired up with Adean.

Arden is a pretty mediocre dad in my opinion, mainly because there are better options on most every parameter. He is a bit better for inheritance but it's nothing that other dads can't do (aside from Lex, the chracter most compare him to funnily enough)

10 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Lester(Edain) and Faval(Brigid). Arden can use bows as a general, then pass them onto the son he fathers.

Also looking it up, the vantage works well with Tiltyu's kids wrath.

Doesn't Faval automatically inherit from Brigid to get Yewfelle?

Until recently I thought that Arden's only useful contribution is getting the power of pursuit (until I watched a certain video). But I guess this can also be a good thing because since he never sees combat you have all the time to pair him up while the better options are often busy doing other things. 

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

Yes, Faval inherits Briggid's inventory and Patty that of her father. I guess that makes Arden a decent father since Patty will inherit his swords but Dew is still better.

7 hours ago, BrightBow said:

If Arden was his father, Lester would miss out on Pursuit. Poor Lester is in a really bad position between lack of bows and lack of Pursuit.

Just wait until see Claude Lester. That not only makes him hilariously bad, but it also makes his young sister great to make him look even more pathetic. 

13 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

I'm not asking for the memes i just genuinely want to know if Arden is a good option to support with anyone because of his Strength and Def. Although his speed is very trash but he also passes down Vantage doesn't he?

only if Lex is already taken, otherwise he's way better due to Elite/Paragon and Neir Holy Blood. the only downpoint is weapon inheritance, wich is basicly non-existant for Lex since there's no children who can use axes in 2nd generation, or to be more precise not from actual pairings.

13 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Ayra can eventually get a Hero sword from either Lex or Holyn if she's still not paired with anyone up until the pirates chapter with Brigid, otherwise nobody else can provide her with that sword.

13 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Well thanks guys, I guess Ayra is just too good lol. I'm not sure what to do for all other pair ups but ok, also I'm not using Arden I'm just thinking wether some love points would be good to give so yeah liek you said maybe Brigid.

there's also specific units like Lakche, Skasaher, Patty and Leen that can eventually get either Luna or Sol from Holyn or Dew if they were the fathers, so that's one more thing to consider.

however, if you're doing pairings based on efficiency, since Ayra already passes down Astra, it would be wise to pair Holyn with Brigid due to Patty becoming a decent Thief fighter.

Dew can be another decent alternative, but Holyn also comes with Odo Holy Blood, plus a B rank in swords for Patty. Dew would be more suited for Sylvia due to Sol for Leen, and Bargain for both Leen and Corple( Leg and Knight rings aren't cheap, and repairing staffs with limited money can be an issue ).

12 hours ago, sirmola said:

As for who is the best user of holsety, people debate endlessly whether arther or sety is the better user. Sety has pursuit and high max stats, whereas arther has a horse (which are broken in this game).

Arthur also gets Wrath from her mother, wich means permanent criticals on every single nuke/sword strike when he's on low HP. that's something that cannot be overlooked.

the only downpoint is that it could be a bit tricky to achieve due to how the build itself works, wich can be quite risky at times.

there's also people who pair Tiltyu with Azel due to Pursuit, but weapon inheritance would be different in that case. it would still be deadly on low HP thou.

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

he does inherit Brigid's Crusader bow.

however, people usually tend to pair Brigid with either Jamka or Holyn due to good stats, sword skills on Patty from Holyn, or weapon inheritance on Faval in case Jamka gives his Killer bow to Brigid( and that would be a very good alternative to save money for the Crusader bow repair costs ).

otherwise, there's also other alternatives like pairing Jamka or Midir with Adean in order to get a Hero bow for Lester, wich makes Midir overall a better option due to Pursuit stacking with the Hero bow.

Edited by Fenreir

12 hours ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

I see him more as a "discount Lex"

Essentially what he is for most kids.

You get somewhat similar results in stats and one of the two skills that Lex passes down.

Only thing Arden has over Lex is that as long as he's a promoted unit, Arden will always be able to pass some weaponry down to his children while Lex has to gank weapons off of enemies (like Chagall) in order to pass any weapon down to children.  Heck, even if Arden's unpromoted, he'll still be able to pass down some low-rank swords, which is better than nothing.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

Inheritance between the siblings and parents is swapped for Brigid.

Faval inherits everything Brigid had while Patty inherits the father's items.

Faval also will start with a Silver Bow on top of whatever other bows and items Brigid had by the end of Chapter 5.

So Arden is actually still a decent father for Brigid's kids in terms of item/weapon inheritance, just not for the reason Hardin listed.  But if you want Patty to actually be good in combat, you're better off giving her Holyn as a father, as he works the most to her advantages as a thief.

Ok thanks guys but I must ask, why is passing down bows so important? I understand the passing on Swords since I see they're so light and accurate but why bows? I don't get this at all.

Also so Lewyn is Sety's canon father? Then who is the canon mother and what house am I supposed to visit for Holsety?

4 hours ago, LJwalhout said:

(until I watched a certain video)

I need this video, right now. Immediately, well ok NVM I willonly get myself spoiled, not necessarily on the story but also on like optimal stuff and forth.

22 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Ok thanks guys but I must ask, why is passing down bows so important? I understand the passing on Swords since I see they're so light and accurate but why bows? I don't get this at all.

Also so Lewyn is Sety's canon father? Then who is the canon mother and what house am I supposed to visit for Holsety?

I never played 4, but i know second hand that the Child units here only start with a single iron weapon if their parent can't pass anything down to them. This also means that those special bows are lost since there's no shared convoy. 

And in 5 you can kind of see that Lewyn is Sety/Ced's cannon father because there he use's Forsetti/Holsety (i see this being talked a lot in the Heroes forums because Ced/Sety will one day be Lewyn's powercreep).

1 minute ago, RexBolt said:

And in 5 you can kind of see that Lewyn is Sety/Ced's cannon father because there he use's Forsetti/Holsety

Ok but who is the "canon" mother