March 2019 Legendary Banner Expectations

Johann

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Nothing stopping her from getting one in the future, though, since every Legendary that isn't an original character is an alt of a previously released character.

That's legendaries though. We're talking about Mythics which do not follow this pattern if Duma is anything to go by.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Anacybele said:

That's legendaries though. We're talking about Mythics which do not follow this pattern if Duma is anything to go by.

But just as they made Grima as a normal unit and then a Legendary, they can easily pull the same with Idunn. 

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

But just as they made Grima as a normal unit and then a Legendary, they can easily pull the same with Idunn. 

Again, that is not the point. I just pointed out that we may not see such a pattern this time since Duma has no normal version.

At this point, the possibilities are virtually endless, because we literally only have 2 Mythic Heroes: Eir and Duma. Until we get maybe 2 more Mythics, we cannot really make a grasp on what the pattern is. 

So the concept of saying that Grima CAN'T be a Mythic cause he has a Legendary alt or Idunn not being a Mythic or won't be one cause she has a normal version are flimsy at best. 

Please don't speak of these uncomfortable things.  Mythic heroes are the only alt free hero type left.  Granted there has only been two so far, I'd like to think it continue.  God characters that have no version in the game.  

I said before I think Idunn would have been made into the mythic hero if IS didn't feel forced to put her on this banner to sell it.  The tragic girl who also is god like in power and been around for ages corrupted from divine to demon I think fits mythic perfectly, just sad she got to be a regular new hero instead.  I mean they could have made Lugh and Thea more impressive and maybe they wouldn't need Idunn to sell it.  

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

We currently have only 2 Mythic Heroes, so there really isn't an established pattern yet.

The main thing holding Mythic Heroes back from being alts of existing characters is the fact that we just don't have many existing characters that would make sense to have Mythic Hero alts (compared to characters that would make sense to have Legendary Hero alts). Tiki, Idunn, and Grima are pretty much the only ones with Fae and Myrrh as possible, but less likely.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

We currently have only 2 Mythic Heroes, so there really isn't an established pattern yet.

The main thing holding Mythic Heroes back from being alts of existing characters is the fact that we just don't have many existing characters that would make sense to have Mythic Hero alts (compared to characters that would make sense to have Legendary Hero alts). Tiki, Idunn, and Grima are pretty much the only ones with Fae and Myrrh as possible, but less likely.

True. I only mean that there's a chance that no Mythics will have a normal version.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

True. I only mean that there's a chance that no Mythics will have a normal version.

Once upon a time, one thought that the Legendary Heroes wouldn't be alts of existing heroes. Then came Vanguard Ike.

So anything is possible.

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Once upon a time, one thought that the Legendary Heroes wouldn't be alts of existing heroes. Then came Vanguard Ike.

So anything is possible.

True, that's why I said a chance.

41 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Mythic All Growed Up Fae when?

Toss in Myrrh and Sanaki as a Legendary and I would so whale for that.

@Interdimensional Observer He'd also probably have the distinction of playing differently than Hector, probably more along the lines of Legion, which could be fun. They'd just need to think up an Armads as powerful as the other three.

@Icelerate Honestly, I'd be annoyed, but at least it wouldn't be a seasonal.

Edited by bottlegnomes

We already have Armored Green Male Grima and Flying Colorless Female Grima. What else is really even left to do with Grima?

Like, if we'd only gotten one already, sure, a second one as a mythic with the other gender and some different abilities could have been fine. But at this point it'd just be silly.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

We already have Armored Green Male Grima and Flying Colorless Female Grima. What else is really even left to do with Grima?

Like, if we'd only gotten one already, sure, a second one as a mythic with the other gender and some different abilities could have been fine. But at this point it'd just be silly.

When... has that ever stopped IS from doing said silly thing? They could make him a Red Dragon Cavalry Unit for all we know. They could make him similar to Beast Units. Who knows. 

29 minutes ago, Othin said:

Every other combination of {armored, flying}, {red, green, colorless}, and {male, female} that isn't yet represented, of which there are 10.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

The Creation SoV Thabes Labyrinth Grima. Grima back when they were a baby abomination, yet to see the painful light of day and desiring to see it extinguished. They can do something with that, not sure what though. And I don't think we have a human form for that, but FEH could work around it. Just spin it that Grima's creator (Decarabia?) decided to contain its twisted child's power in a human form, which it then cloaked in full body robe with a hood covering the face (so no gender is visible) for the sake of modesty.

2 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

He'd also probably have the distinction of playing differently than Hector, probably more along the lines of Legion, which could be fun. They'd just need to think up an Armads as powerful as the other three.

Official FE6 art shows him in armor looking very similar to Hector's. However, in FE7, Durbans has bare shoulders, indicating he is likely shirtless. His title is "The Berserker", and the class itself in GBA FE is shirtless, so the FE6 art is probably inaccurate.

With this said, I could see him being Axe Infantry over Axe Armor. Less awesome BST sure, and no easy class buffs or cool -Fighter skills, but I'm sure they could still make him very good.

Speaking of Dragons, Earth Dragon Medeus would be neat if he could naturally bypass walls. For those who haven't played FE3, Earth Dragons there are half-buried in the ground (strangely though, they're only fought indoors), and when moving and dodging attacks with map animations on, burrow themselves beneath it.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Creation SoV Thabes Labyrinth Grima. Grima back when they were a baby abomination, yet to see the painful light of day and desiring to see it extinguished. They can do something with that, not sure what though. And I don't think we have a human form for that, but FEH could work around it. Just spin it that Grima's creator (Decarabia?) decided to contain its twisted child's power in a human form, which it then cloaked in full body robe with a hood covering the face (so no gender is visible) for the sake of modesty.

On that note, I suppose Hooded Robin could work for a human form of Mythic Grima.

Then there's the question of mechanics. We haven't gotten a red breath Grima yet, but... the most fitting element would be Dark, which also wants Medeus as a red breath mythic.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yeah, Tiki is pretty much the only playable character that is kind of treated like a god-like being.

So I'm actually kind of expecting a Old Tiki Mythic Character.

14 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Yeah, Tiki is pretty much the only playable character that is kind of treated like a god-like being.

So I'm actually kind of expecting a Old Tiki Mythic Character.

We have Younger Tiki as Legendary, so Awakening Tiki would be Mythic.

Yeah, that was implied when I say "Old Tiki"; I only would have talked about Young Tiki in a "oldish" manner as "Classic Tiki", but that would sound weird anyway.

Edited by Troykv

Naga Incarnate (Future Past): Tiki.

Although I'd rather have Naga herself, ideally back from before her death, during the golden age of Archanean dragonkind. Naga at her prime in peace, from a world before she ended up having to salvage everything.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Naga Incarnate (Future Past): Tiki.

Although I'd rather have Naga herself, ideally back from before her death, during the golden age of Archanean dragonkind. Naga at her prime in peace, from a world before she ended up having to salvage everything.

To be honest, it's doubtful any of the "gods" we summon will ever be at their full power. Duma, even if it's before his madness, is already on the stage where he's already not in his prime. Duma and Mila had grown weaker after the Divine Accord was established.

The big thing I'm hoping for with Mythics is that it opens the way to seeing more lore characters from backstories.

Anri, Jugdral's Crusaders, Elibe's Eight Legends, Magvel's Five Heroes, Altina, Soan, and Dheginsea.....really it opens the door to shine some light on characters that are only known in legend.

Edited by Sentinel07

i don't expect characters who are legends in their game (anri, crusaders, elibe's legends and so on) to even just be plausible to be considered as mythic heroes, simply because they are not gods, but legend

since legendary heroes are either Book 2 OCs or upgraded alts of regular fire emblem main characters, i don't expect them to be summonable at all, except for some focus banners, such as "tellius legends" or "crusaders' reunion" or something like that

the only mythic heroes i expect are actual gods, such as medeus, mila, jugdral's divine dragons (don't know how they could represent them though, even though i think possessed levin has a little more chances), formotiis (fallen lyon?), ashera, yune (maybe even ashunera), fe13 naga (grima isn't technically a god, according to echoes) and anankos

since march's new mythic hero is green, i strongly hope for possessed levin, but i know it's impossibile and my rational side says fe13 naga or mila (both green dragons), even though i think mila is less likely since duma came out recently

Edited by Yexin

1 hour ago, Yexin said:

since march's new mythic hero is green, i strongly hope for possessed levin, but i know it's impossibile and my rational side says fe13 naga or mila (both green dragons), even though i think mila is less likely since duma came out recently

I also think that Mila is less likely to appear this month since Duma was in last Mythic Hero, but it's still possible. We got Marth and Tiki, two Shadow Dragon characters, as Legendary Heroes one after the other last year, however Marth got his Legendary Form in the same month we got the Brave Heroes, and I see it as a compensation since if we had combined votes that time he would be 2nd place instead of Ephraim.

If we had 6 or 7 Mythics right now, I'd consider Mila right after Duma not too implausible. But we have 2, and only 1 is a character from the series. I can't imagine IS letting our first three Mythics be an OC and two from Gaiden.

Mila is waifu material though so I think it is possible we get her now.  Forseti should be a breath user (maybe breath effect like Lewyn's tome) if he arrives.