March 2019 Legendary Banner Expectations

Johann

2 minutes ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

More like blue w/ Aureola, since Lilina already has Forblaze.

That's not an issue. Blazing Durandal, Divine Tyrfing, Thunder Armads, all the versions of Falchion, etc.

I'm not going to say Aureola is completely impossible, but the odds are much lower. In-game, people often have him use Aureola, but in terms of lore, Forblaze is the weapon associated with him.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

That's not an issue. Blazing Durandal, Divine Tyrfing, Thunder Armads, all the versions of Falchion, etc.

I'm not going to say Aureola is completely impossible, but the odds are much lower. In-game, people often have him use Aureola, but in terms of lore, Forblaze is the weapon associated with him.

Ah, right. Maybe we can name it Infernal Forblaze?

33 minutes ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Yeah, that or something similar.

21 hours ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

@Johann Do you think that there's a possibility that the Legendary/Mythic Banner's pool increase from 12 to 16?

That march banner already looks good.

Somehow I missed this post, sorry! But yeah that's definitely a possibility, I mean having Roy Marth and Ike on the same banner seems suspiciously generous to me. There are other ways they could adjust it though, like reducing the regular 5*s or seasonals as well.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing what the Binding Blade banner has (which'd be like Wednesday night). If Idunn doesn't appear on it, I'm super sure they're saving her for Mythic status (even if not this month).

Edited by Johann

12 hours ago, Johann said:

Always possible, though I think his chances are hurt if you consider the "god-like" descriptor. Does it mean power rivaling the gods, or worshiped as a god? Hard to say for sure with only 2 Mythics available, but Athos would fall into that nebulous "maybe" category whereas characters like Naga or Ashera meet the criteria without any ambiguity. For what it's worth, his in-game affinity was Anima, and this hero almost certainly won't be Anima, so I think there are a few too many things working against him at the moment.

Somehow I skipped over your post, but yeah April will be Earth. It was possible to figure out even before Roy appeared since February's hero was lined up to be Fire, based on the seasons. I know a lot of people expect Micaiah as an eventual Dark Mythic, but I think she'll be April's hero as a Earth Legendary using a staff.

If they continue with the route of using actual gods and divine dragons as the Mythic Heroes... yeah; Micaiah will be a Earth Legendary; it's the element that fits her the most.

2 hours ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Forblaze is Athos’ signature weapon. Lilina only got hers due a refine so there’s no real reason for Athos to not bring his signature weapon. “Divine Forblaze” could also work. 

Aureola will be given to someone else in FEH. Probably to an Eliwood alt. 

9 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Aureola will be given to someone else in FEH. Probably to an Eliwood alt. 

Brave Eliwood could get it. Though, that means we have 2 FE7 Lords as blue units.

Then again, I do not think there are other ways of going around that other than making Aureola a Green tome.

43 minutes ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Brave Eliwood could get it. Though, that means we have 2 FE7 Lords as blue units.

Then again, I do not think there are other ways of going around that other than making Aureola a Green tome.

That is also a possibility. Either Brave or Legendary Eliwood could get it. 

Well, Naga was turned into a green tome for some reason when the rest of the Light magic tomes has been assigned to blue so who knows. 

3 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

Well, Naga was turned into a green tome for some reason when the rest of the Light magic tomes has been assigned to blue so who knows. 

Naga was added early when light magic tomes didn't exist and it evolves from wind, so Naga's probably just an oddity that won't be repeated now that light tomes exist and are without a doubt blue.

11 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Naga was added early when light magic tomes didn't exist and it evolves from wind, so Naga's probably just an oddity that won't be repeated now that light tomes exist and are without a doubt blue.

That’s not a guarantee. We’ll have to wait and see if other “divine” tomes could end up in unexpected colors in FEH. Both Fire and Dark being in under red is strange enough as it is. Then there’s the strange cases of Dark Excalibur and Dark Aura....sure it’s because the tomes they’re based on are green and blue respectively but it's still a bit strange slapping “Dark” there as well. 

Back to topic...

Duma is the “God of Strength” with an offensive kit in FEH. Would Mila be more of a support dragon...? It would be funny if she actually ended up with higher attack than Duma. 

@LordZero They got the Dark prefix as a nod to the fact they were versions based on SoV's form of Excalibur and Aura. They really should've labeled the Echo Excalibur and Echo Aura, or something. I remember the NA team getting flak from the community back when they first launched.

I'd see Mila as being an odd dragon with mediocre Def and high Res, usable Atk and high Spd as a kind of contrast to Duma. But they could decide to do the reverse with Spd and Atk, since her country was basically known for sloth. Hmm...possibly another armor dragon in that case? With either Wary Fighter or Vengeful Fighter? 

1 hour ago, silverserpent said:

@LordZero They got the Dark prefix as a nod to the fact they were versions based on SoV's form of Excalibur and Aura. They really should've labeled the Echo Excalibur and Echo Aura, or something. I remember the NA team getting flak from the community back when they first launched.

The “Echo” moniker there wouldn’t make sense. “Shadow” would be a slightly better choice there. 

Mila as another armored dragon would make sense. A lazy dragon like her probably wouldn’t move around much and it’s a good excuse to give her high BST. 

New Green Mythic Hero is St. Patrick

Seriously, though, looks like I'll be skipping. I need to save my orbs after this year's Valentine's banner runs out since I'm dumping all my orbs into it. I already have Legendary Ryoma, so that's another thing stopping me from going for Halloween Myrrh. Hopefully I'll have the orbs ready by the time Halloween rolls around again. I wouldn't mind Halloween Kagero either, and it'd be cool to get Mila (especially if they go with Crazy Mila) but I don't want it enough to throw my orbs on this. If they ever have Gunnthra and Mila (if she's this month's mythic) along with another unit I want but don't have and I have a good stockpile of orbs ready, I'll probably snipe green then. Now isn't the time, though; not for me, anyway.

On 3/2/2019 at 10:45 PM, Lord-Zero said:

The “Echo” moniker there wouldn’t make sense. “Shadow” would be a slightly better choice there.

The game is titled Fire Emblem: Echoes. "Echoes Excalibur" and "Echoes Aura" make perfect sense. In Japanese, the prefix is "共鳴" (kyoumei), "echo(es)" or "resonance". (Side note, this is the reason why the default names of the protagonists of Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 are Kyouhei and Mei in Japanese and Rosa and Nate in English.)

On 3/1/2019 at 4:32 PM, Sunwoo said:

"Because they felt like it" doesn't really explain why the casting circle for Naga in its animation is blue instead of green, making it relatively clear that they intended to release light magic as blue.

I still maintain that the reason Naga was made green was to match Fae's color as a divine dragon.

Either way, due to the green color, I'm expecting Mila as the next Mythic Hero so that Duma can have his counterpart, but Naga herself is still a low possibility.

Idenn is more likely to be red anyways.

1 minute ago, Tree said:

Yeah, very strange to put her in the regular pool when she was an ideal mythic candidate.

It also may suggest that certain other characters might not get Mythic status, but then I don't expect a ton of consistency from IS

On 3/4/2019 at 11:59 PM, Ice Dragon said:

The game is titled Fire Emblem: Echoes. "Echoes Excalibur" and "Echoes Aura" make perfect sense. In Japanese, the prefix is "共鳴" (kyoumei), "echo(es)" or "resonance". (Side note, this is the reason why the default names of the protagonists of Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 are Kyouhei and Mei in Japanese and Rosa and Nate in English.)

“Fire Emblem Echoes: Another Hero-King”, if memory serves. 

“Echoes” is an even worse moniker for the Excalibur and Aura variants. It doesn’t make sense in English; it sounds like absolute nonsense. Now I can see why Treehouse added “Dark” instead. 

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

“Fire Emblem Echoes: Another Hero-King”, if memory serves. 

“Echoes” is an even worse moniker for the Excalibur and Aura variants. It doesn’t make sense in English; it sounds like absolute nonsense. Now I can see why Treehouse added “Dark” instead. 

"Echoes" is the game's main title in Japanese, like "Binding Blade" or "Path of Radiance". This can be noted in Heroes as every Echoes character has their game of origin listed as "ファイアーエムブレム Echoes" and not as "ファイアーエムブレム Echoes もうひとりの英雄王".

This is no different from the fact that Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem: Heroes of Light and Darkness lists "ファイアーエムブレム 新・紋章の謎" as its title in Heroes.

8 hours ago, Tree said:

Yeah, very strange to put her in the regular pool when she was an ideal mythic candidate.

I still don't think she was. Duma wasn't mythic due to being a final boss, he was mythic because people worshipped him. No one worshipped Idunn.

I'm doubling down on my Mila prediction, personally.

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

"Echoes" is the game's main title in Japanese, like "Binding Blade" or "Path of Radiance". This can be noted in Heroes as every Echoes character has their game of origin listed as "ファイアーエムブレム Echoes" and not as "ファイアーエムブレム Echoes もうひとりの英雄王".

This is no different from the fact that Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem: Heroes of Light and Darkness lists "ファイアーエムブレム 新・紋章の謎" as its title in Heroes.

Huh, that's very strange. Wonder why they translated it that way in English then.

The downside is, I don't get to keep complaining about people calling it "Fire Emblem Echoes". The upside is, I don't have to, and it simplifies the issue of counting it as FE15 and Three Houses as FE16.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

Huh, that's very strange. Wonder why they translated it that way in English then.

Mostly because putting in an extra colon to get "Fire Emblem: Echoes: Shadows of Valentia" looks kind of silly, so only the colon between the title and subtitle is kept.

New Mystery never had that problem because it was never released overseas, and the longer length of the main title ("New Mystery of the Emblem") makes the extra colon not look quite as silly.

5 hours ago, Othin said:

I still don't think she was. Duma wasn't mythic due to being a final boss, he was mythic because people worshipped him. No one worshipped Idunn.

I'm doubling down on my Mila prediction, personally

Thank you. I keep either meaning to say and not saying, or saying the following: characters blessed by deities are not godlike enough to be Mythic. Micaiah, Zelgius, Athos, Anri, and Robin, for example, do not make the cut. They are distinctly human. Duma and Eir, however, have the species of "deity," even if Eir is (perhaps) a demigoddess. In order to qualify, the person in question has to be able to bless, not be blessed. This is also why Sephiran doesn't qualify, but Ashera does.

Now, it's also true that IS does whatever IS wants, and can change the standard at any time. However, as I see it, presently, this is the qualifier. Divine knights, priests, powerful heroes of yore, etc. also don't qualify. So, Manfroy wouldn't be a mythic hero, but Loptusu would be. Validar wouldn't be a mythic hero, but Grima (actual Grima, not possessed Robin) would be.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but there have been different Nagas over time, sometimes male and sometimes female. Like, the one from Awakening is clearly female, but the one from Shadow Dragon is male, as is the one from FE4 (at least I remember masculine pronouns being used.)

Also, Heroes supplies plenty of candidates from mythic heroes: the four dragons (Askr, Muspell, Embla, and Nifl, whom the countries of the same names were named after), Hel, Eir's dad (potentially), and Loki (if she's restored to her full power or something) most notably.

35 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

And correct me if I'm wrong, but there have been different Nagas over time, sometimes male and sometimes female. Like, the one from Awakening is clearly female, but the one from Shadow Dragon is male, as is the one from FE4 (at least I remember masculine pronouns being used.)

There is only one Naga. Any use of male pronouns is presently mistaken, barring maybe the FE3 Book 2 myth of Naga, where they are inaccurately depicted as a male warrior by humans. The Japanese I believe generally used gender neutral words describing her, which in English fan translators defaulted to changing to masculine words.

Naga lived from the golden age of dragonkind through her sacrifice creating the Falchion of Archanea and Binding Shield.

Before degeneration set in, she gave a Falchion to Mila and Duma and exiled them after a conflict with them over humanity. While fighting her degenerate brethren in Archanea and trying to save humanity there, she got word of Loptyr in Jugdral and instilled her essence in the Naga tome at the Miracle of Darna.

After death, she canonically apparently rested somewhere, perhaps in the Alterspire in another dimension- we don't know for certain because her FE11 appearance has been deemed non-canon. She then partially resurrected to help Marth in his final battle against Medeus as Nagi. Old Mystery stated Medeus was able to resurrected because Earth Dragons have great life force, Naga being the greatest dragon of all it makes sense could do the same.

Sometime after Marth saves the world, Naga fully resurrects as herself and then helps the First Exalt against Grima by reforging/attuning the Falchion (and maybe the Binding Shield) and giving them her blood, and then she sleeps again until Lucina and Chrom come to her.

51 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

one from Shadow Dragon is male

It's never specified. I think the confusion stems from Naga being referred to as " 王 in Japanese. This kanji is mostly translated as King, but is in fact gender neutral and would probably more accurately translated as "ruler". For instance, if I remember correctly, in the Japanese version of Warriors, Ryouma once says that Hinoka is like "a ruler of heaven/the sky" using the 王 kanji.

Edited by Nanima