Help Finding a Book?

Silver-Haired Maiden

So several years ago I read this book that I really loved. However, after letting someone borrow it and never getting it back, I have forgotten the title and the author so I can't just search the book anymore. I've tried entering what I know into Google to see if I could find anything but so far nope, which is making me wonder if maybe I just imagined reading it?

Anyway, I was hoping maybe someone here had read it and maybe recognized what happened in it so I could get another copy. I recognized at the time that it was part of a series but I hadn't read the other books.

It involves being able to like summon dragons by using their ancient bones. The girl who can do this has bad eyesight but squints because she has no glasses and I think she has a (to her) much prettier sister. The main cast of the book is attacked on their ship and sold into slavery and the main guy ends up befriending this little girl who is very sickly and can't walk so he has to carry her everywhere. I think she ends up helping them escape? Anyway at the end of the book they use this really ornate golden dragon bone encrusted with jewels to summon this huge world ending ancient dragon and it ends with the main guy on a ship that's half shifted into a dragon on his way to stop the ancient sky covering beast.

If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it!

Is it this one?

Mind you, I haven't read it, but after searching for keywords, this is the only one I could find that fits your description based on the summary and some of the comments. Hope it helps!

1 hour ago, Jave said:

Is it this one?

Mind you, I haven't read it, but after searching for keywords, this is the only one I could find that fits your description based on the summary and some of the comments. Hope it helps!

I'm afraid not :( Thank you for looking though! I appreciate it :)

Edit: For anyone that's curious, I found it!

https://www.amazon.com/Secret-Dragon-Dragonships-Vindras-Novel-ebook/dp/B003BQZ834

Edited by Silver-Haired Maiden