Binding Blade Banner Speculation Thread

Alistair

12 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Hide contents

So if the leak is actually true, I was MOSTLY right about which characters would be included, how, and what type. I was wrong about Lugh's color, which bums me out because I'd love for him to be a blue mage, and it looks like Echidna isn't present. And we don't know if any of them are a GHB unit. But hey, I was still mostly right!

I'll pull for Lugh and Sue, but I hope one of them demotes. And I hope Sue doesn't power-creep Brave Lyn...that'd suck.

Sue might be quite different from Brave Lyn, if she turns out to be a red bow user rather than colorless.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, redlight said:

Curious if mages will also have gen 3 BST

If you want to be completely technical, all units have "Gen 3" stats now. It's just that non-infantry units have no changes between Gen 2 and Gen 3 (just like how ranged cavalry have no changes between Gen 1 and Gen 2).

Considering Gen 1 and Gen 2 ranged infantry still have the ability to eat 10 Dragonflowers before getting full, it's very likely Gen 3 ranged infantry will get the same boost as Gen 3 melee infantry.

@Sasori @Etheus @Thane @Stroud @Tybrosion @Icelerate @Gregster101 We don't know if this is everyone on the banner yet. These are only the characters that have been found so far. Considering you need to guess the title of the character exactly to find the image, it's entirely possible that there could be another character. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

If you go by CYL 2's placings, the highest Binding Blade characters that aren't yet in the game are

1. Idenn
  2. Rutger
  3. Lugh
  4. Dieck
  5. Gonzales
  6. Lot
  7. Sue
  8. Perceval
  9. Ekhidna
  10. Wolt

And CYL 3 had

1. Idenn
  2. Rutger
  3. Dieck
  4. Lugh
  5. Perceval
  6. Sue
  7. Ekhidna
  8. Wolt
  9. Gonzales
  10. Milady

@Othin:

Spoiler

Sue's bow is wood-colored because bows are usually made of wood. None of the other bows' physical colors correlate particularly well with the color of their user, so I don't see any reason why the color of Sue's bow would be indicative of her color... especially because her bow is wood-colored.

I honestly don't see Idenn being colorless as her most likely color.

@Fire Emblem Fan It's incredibly hard to imagine images hosted on the Heroes main site to be not true.

Edited by Ice Dragon

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

@Othin:

Hide contents

Sue's bow is wood-colored because bows are usually made of wood. None of the other bows' physical colors correlate particularly well with the color of their user, so I don't see any reason why the color of Sue's bow would be indicative of her color... especially because her bow is wood-colored.

I honestly don't see Idenn being colorless as her most likely color.

Fair enough. What color do you think Idunn is?

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

These are only the characters that have been found so far.

So what you're saying is, Niime is confirmed? Awesome.

Edited by Thane

You know...playing a game and completing it a week before the banner launches in Heroes certainly was never my brightest ideas...because now I really want to pull

Spoiler

Idunn, I just finished Binding Blade and she and Lilina are my favorite characters. I also liked Roy, Percival, Miledy, Celica and Douglas but those two I really liked. 

Problem is...I only have 50 orbs. At least in Lilina's case I have her original that is a pretty good unit and I can merge her. Man I'm really tempted to just pull for Idunn...

As for the other characters. Rutger and Lugh were high on the CYL rankings so it doesn't surprise me to see them in the banner. Sue was a little bit lower in the rankings from what I remember but it's cool to see a bow cavalry in Heroes that's also a bow knight in her own game unlike BLyn or VRoy. Curious to see what these units will bring to the table.

I also wonder who the free unit will be. 

Edited by Hekselka

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

We don't know if this is everyone on the banner yet. These are only the characters that have been found so far. Considering you need to guess the title of the character exactly to find the image, it's entirely possible that there could be another character. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Yeah, I realize that there may still be a character or two that hasn't been found yet. That doesn't change the fact that I'm very uninterested in the ones who have been found so far though.

1 minute ago, Hekselka said:

You know...playing a game and completing it a week before the banner launches in Heroes certainly was never my brightest ideas...because now I really want to pull

I feel you, I've been replaying FE6 and I really wish I had some spare orbs, but I blew everything on the Tellius Valentine's banner. 

Funny enough, it was the legendary banner that ate up most of my orbs. Greil's Devoted was very kind to me, even if I didn't get all of the focus units, to the point where I'm okay with letting it go and try for Soren and Greil next time. I can quit the legendary banner now that it's given me something (two summer Micaiahs, which is fine because I didn't have one before this, but I have to give up on the other two reds and all the colorless). Would still like Lilina from Valentine's, but ... I mean, as long as I don't give a shit about the spring banner this is fine.

@Othin

Spoiler

I'm personally putting red as the most likely. Colorless as second most likely.

7 minutes ago, Thane said:

So what you're saying is, Niime is confirmed? Awesome.

Jodel and old Karel (complete with his broken growths), too, along with King Mordred.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

@Othin

Reveal hidden contents

I'm personally putting red as the most likely. Colorless as second most likely.

Why red? It's had a couple of dark dragons (if we count Halloween Myrrh), but colorless has more of an association with them at this point. It'd also allow her to be the first infantry colorless dragon and the first colorless dragon in the normal summoning pool, two notable distinctions.

@Othin

Spoiler

I'm first unconvinced that she'll be infantry. All of the non-seasonal (non-flying) dragon units so far have had their movement type based on their in-game movement range in their source games, and Idenn's movement range in Binding Blade is a whopping 2.

Colorless breath, much like colored bows and daggers, are still somewhat of a novelty class, perhaps even more so than bows and daggers since there are now generic colored bows and daggers, but no generic colorless breath units. I'm not entirely convinced that they intend to change that anytime soon, and if she's armored like I predict, there's not much reason to expect yet another armored colorless breath so soon after Duma.

The only thing I can think of to point to her as colorless is the fact that female Grima and Duma have so far been colorless.

To me, red makes the most sense from three sides.

First, Idenn canonically uses Dark Breath as her weapon. While Dark Breath already exists in Heroes, one would assume she'd get an exclusive weapon for herself. However, with it as her canon weapon, it would make sense to give her a color of red to match the color of dark magic in this game, similar to Garon's color typing.

Second, red is currently the least populated breath color in the standard summoning pool with only 2 units compared to 4 for blue and 5 for green.

Third, in terms of banner color balance, Rutger's weapon is suspiciously just a Slaying Edge, making it somewhat plausible that he'd end up not on the banner at all and instead be a reward unit. Assuming we aren't getting Dieck, that leaves gaps for red and blue. Additionally, being colorless would likely have her share a color with Sue, who is probably the other "star" character of the banner due to having a new weapon and a class generally considered to be one of the stronger classes in the game.

While this is certainly not a lock for the color, I think there's more reason she'd be added as red than for any other color.

Blue is guaranteed to not share a color with any of the known characters on the banner, but otherwise has nothing else going for it. Green matches the color of male Grima, but would be guaranteed to overlap with Lugh and could possibly overlap with Sue if they pull a fast one on us and make her a colored bow, of which green is the most likely color.

So probably red, possibly colorless, and most likely not blue or green.

Darn, I wanted to be excited for this banner. I can't blame them for the choices, but none of them really appeal to me. That being said, I was all hyped up mostly for one character in the hopes that he might sneak in for reasons. 

At least I can keep going for the seasonal banner quite happily, and it's still nice to have some new charries in the game. 

I'm going to take the reveal as is and if they surprise with one last character - yay. If they do, I hope it's a new one and not an alt, though...

Edited by Cute Chao

Spoiler

No Cath. *yawn*

Only Idunn interests me. I do hope there’s at least one more character. Also, for some reason, the Rutger lonk just sends me to a very buggy “Learn with Sharon” site. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

Spoiler

Rutger with a slaying edge?  Marisa part 2, that is rough.  Infantry sword is the most bloated and competitive of all groups, really hard to stand out and slaying edge is not a good start.  Idunn...there is who I want to pull for, assuming she is awesome.  Sue and Lugh are good and sensible choices, they really considered the CYL results.  Deick is probably a bit strange, but maybe he will be found also.  Hope we get trailer early.  

Spoiler

I was right about 3/4 of them? I'd guessed Guinivere instead of Idunn mainly because I thought Idunn would be saved for Mythic status.

The character I was most anticipating was Rutger. Seeing him with that Slaying Edge has put a damper on my mood.

Ah, well... doesn't matter. I'll find a way to make him good.

Heh, all the links to the sprites of the leaked characters now all lead to the Japanese Learn with Sharena page. Meanwhile, IS probably just finished firing their second intern in as many weeks.

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Heh, all the links to the sprites of the leaked characters now all lead to the Japanese Learn with Sharena page. Meanwhile, IS probably just finished firing their second intern in as many weeks.

Well, in that case, sounds like even if there is a fifth one, we won't know until... about 23 hours from now, probably.

Since we basically know what the banner will be now and I'm having doubts about any of them being GHB units, I'm actually thinking Sue might be a blue bow unit and Idunn might be a colorless dragon unit, with Rutger as red and Lugh as green.

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

@Fire Emblem Fan It's incredibly hard to imagine images hosted on the Heroes main site to be not true.

Oh I know, I just always say things like "if the leaks are true" just because.

16 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Meanwhile, IS probably just finished firing their second intern in as many weeks.

Well that'll drag down Ninty's hiring statistics.

Although one could say the salary average is being inflated by the upper crust being paid much more, Nintendo did recently list some statistics on its Japanese employees:

Total number of employees: 2271

Average age: 38.6

Average length of employment: 13.5 years

Average work day: 7 hours, 45 minutes

Average annual salary: $80000

...To stay on topic, I'm not sensing a lot of hype with this banner. I mean the characters selected are rather expectable, and rather eclectic too, united by little. I'm afraid this means IS if sales are poor won't do another BB banner again.

I do hope there is a fifth character, someone to draw in a little more excitement. 

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...To stay on topic, I'm not sensing a lot of hype with this banner.

It's possibly slightly difficult to hype things when everything has to be in spoiler tags.

4 hours ago, Lewyn said:
  Hide contents

Rutger with a slaying edge?  Marisa part 2, that is rough.  Infantry sword is the most bloated and competitive of all groups, really hard to stand out and slaying edge is not a good start.  Idunn...there is who I want to pull for, assuming she is awesome.  Sue and Lugh are good and sensible choices, they really considered the CYL results.  Deick is probably a bit strange, but maybe he will be found also.  Hope we get trailer early.  

Spoiler

To be fair, Slaying Edge is one of the best generic swords any infantry sword can run. Rutger probably won't have anything special, like Black Luna or Regnal Astra, but if he ends up having gen 3 BST, then his stats alone would likely make him a decent sword unit in his own right, even if he can't compete with Ayra or Legendary Marth.

Spoiler

I wanted Lugh, and they gave us Lugh, BLESS UP! Now if they could not ruin his art like his poor brother~

Nice to see he's got Gronnserpent~ Must mean Rauorserpent will be coming at some point this year and we can finally have all of those tomes~

Personally, I'm pretty happy with this. Four new characters is always great, even though I'd rather have five, and I like how Lugh and Sue are normal, minor characters who never had any real sort of inevitability. We haven't gotten enough of those lately, especially pre-3DS ones.

Hopefully the trailer will drop tonight.