New Heroes Approach : Beyond Darkness (March 7 ~) SPOILERS: DATAMINE

Coolmanio

Not gonna lie, I am somewhat disappointed by the banner - Idunn was a shoe-in, but I would have preferred her as a colorless Mythic. Discounting her, there's no themeing to the banner beyond "eh, they're all playable." I mean, I guess both Lugh and Sue join during the Lycia arc, but that's about it. I guess the Radiant Dawn banner was introducing a new weapon type, so there was a clearer idea of who would get in. But hey, it finally has mpre characters beyond just Roy. 

Still though, I'm glad cause now Rutger is confirmed to be the freebie. 

@Lemmy Harsh Command may also work

Edited by Alistair

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like I'm 3 of 4 for guesses based on the leaks.

• Rutger is the Grand Hero Battle character. Check.
  • Idunn is red and armored. Check.
  • Lugh is. Check.
  • Sue being green was second in my predictions after colorless.

Idunn looks awesome as an armored red dragon. Armorslayer breath with fuck Surtr and fuck Duma effects looks great.

Sue finally comes with the Wo Dao equivalent for bows as Short Bow... despite the fact that the bow is just as long or longer than other bows.

Thea has lance version of Safeguard, meaning axes are now the weapon type that has been royally shafted with no Firesweep, Safeguard, or Barrier. I'm hoping her stat line looks something like a fast version of Beruka's.

Lugh exists.

4 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

People have been complaining about banners full of overpowered characters and when the opposite happens people still complain? People have been begging for those characters and when it happens people still complain? I don’t get it.

Amen.

3 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Wow it's almost like different people want different things 

I have some suspicion that it's the same people doing both.

Damn, Idunn is sexy :wub:. Only red and blue remain for the armored dragon final boss thing XD. Anyway, other than Idunn, this banner looks bleh. I’m sure she’ll appear in a legendary or mythic banner. Skip, but I was going to anyway XD

3 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Sadly it happens all the time.

For most people it's either "Ugh, these units are overpowered" or "Ugh, these units don't break the game". It's gotten to a point that I have no idea what the heck people want.

Heck, from what I can tell, this banner has some of the most requested Binding Blade characters and people are STILL complaining.

People have been begging for a FE6 banner forever, so I’m actually surprised at this lukewarm reaction.

If this is how people will react to FE6 characters it’s no wonder we only got a banner now. I guess the next FE6 banner will only be in 2021 now. 

Edited by Water Mage

It's a skip for me due to no orbs, otherwise I'd try for Sue and Idunn. BraveLyn needs to be on a team with her possible daughter. And I can wait until Idunn is on a legendary banner. She looks like a really nice unit! So yeah, free pull and whatever tickets they dispense.

Also, someone one here called Lugh getting Gronnserpent, grats to them hitting the nail on the head. Is it possible they'll decide to drop two units this banner? Lugh and Thea?

6 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

People have been begging for a FE6 banner forever, so I’m actually surprised at this lukewarm reaction.

If this is how people will react to FE6 characters it’s no wonder we only got a banner now. I guess the next FE6 banner will only be in 2021 now. 

Agreed, the reception seems quite weak. Although having another "strong" character in Melady or Dieck or Echidna or Perceval (or Igrene), as opposed to a shota, tribe girl, a brainwashed girl, and a typical Pegasus Knight, plus the edgy Rutger, might have made things better. This is a soft drink in need of some hard liquor.

On the bright side, this clears room for a more appealing followup FE6 banner.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

It's a skip for me due to no orbs, otherwise I'd try for Sue and Idunn. BraveLyn needs to be on a team with her possible daughter. And I can wait until Idunn is on a legendary banner. She looks like a really nice unit! So yeah, free pull and whatever tickets they dispense.

Also, someone one here called Lugh getting Gronnserpent, grats to them hitting the nail on the head. Is it possible they'll decide to drop two units this banner? Lugh and Thea?

Pretty much everyone guessed Lugh had Green Serpent. It was pretty easy to tell since his sprite held a green version of Female Morgan's tome.

Maybe it's because people are underwhelmed by their base kit? Sue and Idoun have pretty good skills, but Lugh and Thea's look underwhelming in comparison. This is forgivable if both Lugh and Thea drop, but will IS do that? I really don't know. In which case if only one of them drops then the non-drop was stuck with a much more underwhelming base kit despite not intending to be dropped.

It's also underwhelming in comparison to some of the crazier skills that were introduced not too long ago, especially considering we got things like null follow up and null counterattack, close and ranged guard, things like that. Thea gets ... a duel seal skill. Do people actually like those? It feels like they just put a Binding Blade banner because they had to and didn't really put much love into it. Except for Idoun because she was the most popular one.

3 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

The battle sprites were accessible on the "Meet the Heroes" page on the Heroes website for a few hours (if you could guess the URL perfectly) before they were taken down, and Lugh's weapon sprite was very clearly Gronnserpent.

Weird Rutger's a GHB when we just had one~ Won't be having a TT for a while, I guess~

As for the units, Lugh is a cutie but I won't be rushing to pull for him here when he's sharing with Sue, who looks alright~ Would love to snatch her bow for Jeorge~

Thea is the most obvious demote since Libra~ Wish she'd been given Desperation like her sis but her Lance is more than good enough food~ Idunn being broken isn't surprising~ Should have guessed she'd be Armored, though I expected just Infantry~ Glad she has For Def/Res, though~ Not in any need of the skill but good to know I can kill her for it now and save Kliff~

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Maybe it's because people are underwhelmed by their base kit? Sue and Idoun have pretty good skills, but Lugh and Thea's look underwhelming in comparison. This is forgivable if both Lugh and Thea drop, but will IS do that? I really don't know. In which case if only one of them drops then the non-drop was stuck with a much more underwhelming base kit despite not intending to be dropped.

It's also underwhelming in comparison to some of the crazier skills that were introduced not too long ago, especially considering we got things like null follow up and null counterattack, close and ranged guard, things like that. Thea gets ... a duel seal skill. Do people actually like those? It feels like they just put a Binding Blade banner because they had to and didn't really put much love into it. Except for Idoun because she was the most popular one.

Thing is people tend to complain a lot about those "crazier" skills. All I could hear about Null Counterattack was that everyone thought it was going to break the game.

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

But is skills really the only thing that matter?

Because if this is going to be reaction to a FE6 banner, I really wouldn’t blame IS if they make a 7th Camilla because at least she gets more than a lukewarm reaction from players.

EDIT: I mean 8th Camilla, since Brave Camilla is already confirmed.

Edited by Water Mage

I was hoping Lugh would be demoted, but its looking like Thea is going to be a pretty easy demotion candidate, especially since she has fodder that's arguably worse than Shanna, a two year old unit. Still, I'm happy she's in the game and I'll probably look into building her if her stat spread is decent (she seems to have around 30-31 def, but her speed might not be that high since she wasn't able to double the flier in the trailer). Rutger being a free unit is also nice even if he'll end up being another generic sword infantry. Hope he has something like Wrath or Gen 3 BST to leverage his worth, although I doubt it

Idunn looks amazing, really looking forward to rolling for her.  Thea looking like the obvious demote, which works well enough for me.

I'm really pleased with the characters and that FE6 is finally get more substantial representation.  Their default kits don't matter to me.

13 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

FE6 fans have been begging for an FE6 banner. Comparatively, there aren't that many FE6 fans.

For me personally, the only FE6 character that could possibly get me excited is Melady...and maybe Echidna. And even then there's a decent-sized list of other characters in the series I'd want to see first. So I'm not personally thrilled by this banner, but you won't find me complaining, either, because it's still a 4-unit banner with no alts.

7 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

But is skills really the only thing that matter?

Because if this is going to be reaction to a FE6 banner, I really wouldn’t blame IS if they make a 7th Camilla because at least she gets more than a lukewarm reaction from players.

Well, people seem to be burned out by the game in general too, and there seemed to be quite a few people disappointed with the anniversary. It could just be a general dissatisfaction with the game in general and it's stretching over to the FE6 banner too.

12 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Lugh has Rally Up Res+, which is brand new, and while it isn't as good as Ophelia's Rally Up Atk+ on its own, it still combos with Prayer Wheel and can be used in Aether Raids for Rally shenanigans. If he demotes (perhaps we can hope for 2 demotes again?), we'll get access to that from a 4-star pull.

Thea has a fairly good weapon for inheritance if she demotes, and she looks like the most likely candidate to demote.

Sue comes with Hone Spd 4, and Idunn comes with Fortress Def/Res 3, both of which are some of the "crazier skills" that were implemented recently.

Additionally, Rutger and Lugh are Gen 3 infantry, who have stat totals rivaling those of Gen 1 armors, and Rutger has arguably the strongest inheritable sword as his default weapon, Slaying Edge.

Edited by Ice Dragon

23 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

You really going to be that petty? You pick the strangest things to take satisfaction in.

Nah, I'd actually be petty (and probably worse than just that) if I went out of my way to send Alfonse at him. Good thing Alf is permanently super-glued to his only love: the bench.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Nah, I'd actually be petty (and probably worse than just that) if I went out of my way to send Alfonse at him. Good thing Alf is permanently super-glued to his only love: the bench.

I rest my case.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Lugh has Rally Up Res+, which is brand new, and while it isn't as good as Ophelia's Rally Up Atk+ on its own, it still combos with Prayer Wheel and can be used in Aether Raids for Rally shenanigans. If he demotes (perhaps we can hope for 2 demotes again?), we'll get access to that from a 4-star pull.

Thea has a fairly good weapon for inheritance if she demotes, and she looks like the most likely candidate to demote.

Sue comes with Hone Spd 4, and Idunn comes with Fortress Def/Res 3, both of which are some of the "crazier skills" that were implemented recently.

Sue and Idoun are also very obvious not-demotes, and I do think they have good skills. That's why I didn't say anything about their skills being underwhelming.

Rally Up Res+ is indeed a nice skill for people who care about arena. His other skills aren't super exciting, though, and if you don't care about arena or scoring it feels less exciting. Thea's weapon is a good inheritance option, but with so many characters getting personal weapons nowadays, it feels like you'd be better off waiting to see what weapons a character will get. For example, Oboro would've loved to have Vanguard+ up until about a month ago. But now that her personal weapon gives her both armor effectiveness and close defense, I think I'm better off with Oboro's Spear. Same logic with Lugh's weapon.

All I'm saying is that it's possible people feel comparatively underwhelmed when we've been swamped with powerful beast units and lots of strong characters and skills for a good part of last year and early this year. If it means that they'll start demoting two characters again, I'm totally fine with it. But I'm not sure if I see it happening.

53 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Nah... I dont' think so. He will probably be a enemy unit for now, and maybe be released in a banner, just like Surtr.

But having him as a "fallen" unit could mean that others OG characters that died can return too, like Surtr or Gunnthrá.

Zombie Fjorm. *wink*.

Got 681 grails on hand for Rutger, and I'm guessing I should have about 1200 by the time he's added to the list of grail pulls. Now all I have to do is hope his art and voice acting aren't trash, and I'll be good to go