New Heroes Approach : Beyond Darkness (March 7 ~) SPOILERS: DATAMINE

Coolmanio

3 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Next banner is most likely Spring Seasonal 3.0 which also be easy to ignore so it seems like I get to spend another month stockpiling on orbs.

I wouldn't count on it unless we see it in a calendar. The spring seasonal banner is obviously Easter themed, and Easter is in late April this year.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The banner looks to be boring for the most part. Idunn is the real star of the banner. 

TT reward will most likely be a spring unit related to this year’s spring banner later this month or the next. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

Wild idea but I think we might actually get two demotes per banner now as opposed to just one. This is the second time in a row where the demote isn’t obvious and I’m thinking that that’s because maybe there’s supposed to be more than one demote. I guess we’ll find out when the Fates beast banner ends.

Anyway, I have some concerns about this banner that I figured I’d bring up but it’s not related to the characters, rather it’s the kits I’m focusing on.

I like that IS seems to be focusing on finishing up skill trees and adding other sources for existing skills as opposed to constantly introducing new powerful skills and then leaving them to never be seen again. Also, that they’re adding more new inheritable weapons instead of giving everyone Prfs all the time. But it also ends making people feel underwhelmed because there’s nothing new and shiny that makes people go “that’s broken and I need to pull 20 of those” and also because you get stuff like Thea who has a dual seal skill, and who uses dual seal skills? Or seal skills at all? Especially now that there’s so many other better B skills to choose from as opposed to when they were first introduced.

I mean, it’s not a bad thing per se (in fact I already said I liked it) but I do feel that because of the lukewarm reaction so far and that many people will probably skip this banner (me included since I don’t really need anything here and I’m expecting Lugh to demote. Also, I lack orbs.) IS will look at the sales and go back to their old ways which I would hate for them to do. Or possibly even look at this as a problem with FE6/older games in general or as a problem with lack of alts and go back to rarely representing pre-3ds era games and having alts in all of their banners.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I wouldn't count on it unless we see it in a calendar. The spring seasonal banner is obviously Easter themed, and Easter is in late April this year.

Assuming that that even matters haha. I've been to USJ a month after Easter and they still had all their spring and bunny stuff up.

I really want a 花見 banner. 桜ビ everywhere, characters in their spring, lounging clothes.... everyone drunk on 梅酒

1 minute ago, Coolmanio said:

Assuming that that even matters haha. I've been to USJ a month after Easter and they still had all their spring and bunny stuff up.

That's not so different from the fact that Christmas music starts on the radio as soon as Thanksgiving is over (or even before Thanksgiving).

However, the difference between both of these and the spring banner is the fact that the decorations are up on Easter and the Christmas music is still being played on Christmas. If a spring banner starts in late March, it will no longer be up by Easter (April 21) unless it's extended even longer than usual.

Idunn has the best special art in the game, holy cow!  Completely different from her other arts, her body morphing into a dragon...it is so awesome!  The rest of it is excellent as well, though I don't remember her being so sexy (that damaged art).  So why Idunn was not a mythic?  I think they maybe felt they needed her to sell the banner.  

On the banner, yes they seem somewhat underwhelming.  Sue being a cav green bow stands out a bit along with her debuting a new C skill, however yes Idunn does look incredible and someone that will draw a lot of people to pull.  Hopefully Lugh's stat line (with gen 3 BST) helps him stand out in the very competitive green mage pool.   I don't know what Thea is going to do, there are several amazing flying lance units already. 

Good thing is no alts, 4 person banner plus another one in GHB.  I am disappointed in lukewarm reaction however I guess if people aren't familiar with FE6, majority of playerbase outside of Japan, then the skills and weapons don't really jump out at you.  Colored bows haven't really made a big splash, Lucina is coveted cause of her good stats and unique skill that allows self refreshing.  Idunn again looks amazing and seems powerful at first glance so people unfamiliar with the game might still be drawn to her.

3 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

I really want a 花見 banner. 桜ビ everywhere, characters in their spring, lounging clothes.... everyone drunk on 梅酒

I imagine that is what causes HS!Camilla to blush when she triggers her Specials.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I keep forgetting Easter is late April this year. Still, as much as I would like to keep seeing 'New Heroes' banners it wouldn't surprise me if they decided to make up some kind of new seasonal banner for March like they with the Hot Springs banner back in January.

I never expected Thea to make it into the game. I also never expected her to be such a obvious demote. I like her, but i’ll wait for a bit.

meanwhile I did not expect Lugh to not be the 100% demote choice. Not a fan of his art. He is supposed to be like 2 years younger then Roy, but in here he looks as young as Fae instead.

Sue is surprisingly normal too without a legendary. Nice to see her have the by now kinda common swift sparrow

Still don’t care about Idunn, but the art looks super cool.

I like this being a more ‘normal’ banner without multiple super powerhouses although I did hope for Sue to be just a bit more flashy.

Haven't decided whether to pull on this banner. Idunn is definitely a personal want but I am saving up my orbs for the rare case of Legendary Altina. 

Artworks are good, a pretty decent banner overall.

8 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

So.... speaking as someone who's never played Binding Blade beyond two or three chapters and never familiarized myself with Binding Blade characters, is it bad I thought Lugh was a Raigh Alt?

The further back you go in Fire Emblem history, the more palette swap characters you will find.

I would definitely laugh if Bord and Cord would show up with identical artwork but a slight recolor.

Thankful for such an easy skip banner, I've been bleeding orbs lately.  Never played this game since no dub, and no super must have SI fodder.  I'll just use all four tickets in colorless for more chances at Maria merges.  Would rather Idunn have Goad Dragons so I'd have a source of that besides FKana who I'd never fodder if she pity broke me but oh well.

26 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

So.... speaking as someone who's never played Binding Blade beyond two or three chapters and never familiarized myself with Binding Blade characters, is it bad I thought Lugh was a Raigh Alt?

Well they are identical twins, so it's not that strange.

So, BB finally gets a banner. One that was spoiled mind but still.

The surprise however is that Shanna's got an alt (on the one hand I am miffed because there's literally dozens of units not in the game and IS are doing this shit but on the other hand I kind of get it) Thea's here (Alright IS, you're off the hook this time) and Rutget's a GHB (Guess he won't be as good as in BB)

Lugh is here, has Gronnserpent (And is better than Raigh already), Rally Up Res + (I think that's new), Mirror Stance (Alright) and Atk Feint (Is that also new?). I hope he drops already. Sue is a green cav bow, has Short Bow+ (Which is Bow Dao.), Moonbow, Swift Sparrow (Another one.), Chill Def and Hone Spd 4 (New tot he regular pool), so she's staying 5*. Thea has Vanguard+ (Safeguard lance), Ignis, Steady Posture 2 and Seal Spd/Def 2, I would be more than okay with her getting demoted but I doubt it. Idunn has no VA mentioned, is a Red armour Dragon, has Demonic Breath (which gives Def +3, breaks armours, gives her a boost of +4 in combat if she has a debuff on her (also neutralises debuff (I wonder how that works with Gravity and armour march)) or has less than 100% HP (WHERE. IS MY REINHARDT?) and is adaptive. It is not the longest description), Bonfire, Fortress Def/Res (Oh look another source so I don't have to kill Kliff for it), Vengeful Fighter 3 and Ward Dragons.

So IS, where's our red bow? Also, skill wise this seems pretty middling honestly. So for if I pull, the units I want most might just drop, ho hum. Do people expect Thea or Lugh to do so or do we get lucky and get both?

3 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

I know that,  however I do get annoy at when people act like being in the minority means they should get more attention.

I don't understand your statement. Are you saying fe6 fans shouldn't have been upset they got no banner at all for two years? This one banner is hardly any attention -.-

My main problem is that like with any Fe, you have charries you don't care about and none of these were ones that got to me (except maybe Rutger).

However, since they are reluctant with bringing out new hero banners for fe6, it means the characters I do care about are likely never going to see the light of day in this game, especially since there's nothing in their kits to draw people to pull wildly (as someone mentioned before) so only fe6 fans of these charries will pull.

This is the same for most of the games, tbf. Fates units possibly have more chance than most but even a lot of them don't feel likely. But the low frequency of banners for this game means I feel more disappointed than usual to have no favourites on there, even if I'm happy others are getting their favourites in the game. 

Oh well. Maybe they'll bring back mixed banners one day -.-

Edited by Cute Chao

Yaaaay, Rutger is free!! If only I know what weapon and skills he will have...

As for the others, I would be happy to get Sue, but honestly, I don't really need her all that much... Lugh, well, I would probably fodder his Gronnserpent, I don't really like him all that much. Though a pleasent surprise, that his voice was pretty good. I have never liked how young bois sound in japanese, and it's not an exception this time, but the english voice is pretty good. Thea... I have a very optimized flier emblem team already, her weapon could be good tho. Also, she will be the demote imho.
Now, as for Idunn, for presonal reasons (not because I'm edgy) I really like characters with one eye, or with mismatched eye colours (heterochromia), so I was looking forward to her, as she is one of my favourite villains. After seeing her art, I just wanted to get her even more. Then I saw it. The little red icon next to her name. Armoured. Oh, c'mon IS, why? There is nothing in this game I like less than armoured units, and when they aren't even any special (unlike healer Eirika, who can be fun to use) I know for a fact I won't use them all that much. If I do manage to pull her, I will build her up and everything, but because of the reason she is armoured, it's highly unlikely I will go crazy on this banner...

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Eir, Hel, Naga, Mediuth, Duma, Mila, all growed up Fae, Fomortiis, Ashera, Yune, Ashunera, Lehran, Dheginhansea, Nagi, another Grima alt. And if we lower the bar a bit, Anri, Gotoh, Hartmut, Altina, and Soane at the minimum.

If the game counts the loli Tiki and the adult Tiki as different characters, and as both versions got summer alt, it's posible when the loli one becomes Legendary, the adult becomes Mystic, not to mention in the future DLC Tiki did become the new Naga.

4 hours ago, Vince777 said:

This is why we're getting more seasonal banners and less new heroes banners.

It is easier to make units from rare types with alternate characters than it is with heroes that have to stick to their canon classes.

People want New Heroes banners but then they complain that they've got too much of the unit types offered and skip the banner altogether. 

Exactly. It is also the reason of why gameplay-wise, new heroes banner dont' offer interesting things as much seasonals can bring, and with the "I already have a unit of this weapon/movement"" often being the  case to decrease the revenue of a new heroes banners as they don''t have new units that plenty of players don't have yet. Beast banners helps lessen this, and there are few cases of actual new  Heroes to have interesting weapon/,movement combination, but the majority of actual New Heroes banner only bloats an already oversaturated unit type. Not to mention people do complain when Heroes defy canon to make a unit type interesting , so, yeah, "actual new heroes" and "interesting type" is something that you can barely have. Speaking of which, if they can make the foxes and the bunnies cavalry in gameplay without making the sprites  riding anything, cavalry dragon when?

2 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

The banner looks to be boring for the most part. Idunn is the real star of the banner. 

TT reward will most likely be a spring unit related to this year’s spring banner later this month or the next. 

Pretty much obvious that she's the star of the banner with the banner icon at your castle shows her. That icon for banners always shows the supposed star of the banner;

Yeah, now they relate New Heroes with FB  and SPecial Heroes with TT as seasonals units don't need that fleshing. 

I like the banner! Idunn looks absolutely fantastic and Sue is adorable holy shit.

Why do people think Lugh's base kit is bad, or at least underwhelming? He has a powercrept Rally skill plus a feint skill to go with it. Gronnserpent is not at all a bad tome either, and looking at his basekit, he'll be a fantastic magic tank. With that rally skill, there is like no way that he's dropping. Or they could make me happy and have 2 DEMOTES AGAIN!? PLEASE?

I'm honestly surprised at the amount of disappointment in this thread. It's like, damn, people really are never satisfied. Always just playing hide and seek for people to complain about, it makes me sick.

IT'S FINALLY HERE. And thank god, we are getting 5 new units from Binding Blade, making it 17 new names in 2019 already. As Binding Blade is one of my favourites, I was really looking forward to this banner. I was expecting Idunn to be GHB or MHB, but not really as a banner premium unit straight away - also Rutger as a GHB seems like a missed potential knowing Critger's popularity. Lugh I didn't used very much, but I know people like him, while Thea and Sue are nice to see around. But I still feel like there are many units who deserve a shot from FE6, most importantly: Galle, Melady, Dieck, Gonzales, Perceval, Niime, Murdock, Lalum, Marcus.

Ok, without stats I can only speculate, but I really want to do this now. Unit Review time.

Spoiler

D08fSrmU8AI5kfc.jpg

Lugh:Anima Child - In Binding Blade if you wanted a mage you had Lugh early on, or Lilina a few chapters later. Anything later than that was less important. While Lugh was faster between the two, Lilina was hitting harder with magic - which kind of reflects in Heroes with her DB3 tome. I am expecting Lugh to be fast and to have a decent Res stat. With his kit he looks like an enemy phase mage killer, not like Lilina who is Player Phase obviously. Rally Up Res+ is exciting enough, and a Distant Defense tome and Mirror Stance pretty much strengthens his role in it. Being the first Infantry Mage in Gen3, I'm excited to see how they'll balance him.

Spoiler

D08fuf4V4AEYymu.jpg

Sue: Doe of the Plains - finally, a real nomad in the game. Her weapon by looks is one of the more realistic, while the in-game effect is kind of boring. With Swift Sparrow and Hone Spd 4 I see a lot of focus on speed in Player Phase and her set can be an interesting balance. Kind of weird that she got a green bow instead of colorless, putting her on the same color as Lugh for this banner and leaving the colorless focus an empty slot. If she's similar to herself in Binding Blade, her Attack is not going to be very high, 36 Hp is not too far from what I expected though.

Spoiler

D08gGmkU4AAKn5p.jpg

Thea: Stormy Flier - Another Enemy Phase unit, and she comes with the Defensive version of Berkut's Lance, or the lance version of Safeguard if you please: which could make her a popular one - not to mention she looks like a potential demote due to the skillset and the overall bst. She's the unit we didn't see coming compared to the rest of them, but still she was #11 from all missing Binding Blade units in CYL3 poll. Not much to say at this point, I really want to see what else she has besides the potentially crazy Def stat.

Spoiler

D08e8nJUcAIn7oy.jpg

Idunn: Dark Priestess - wow, she says premium unit all over her. A weapon that gives her buff, cancel penalties and effective against armors - I know what I'm going to do with this. Also Fort. Def/Res 3 and being armored could bring us some sweet mixed bulk to her with some crazy Bonfire action. Also, after a long time this unit has 4 different arts, as the attacking art is very different from the damaged and the special triggering version - can I just say that all look pretty awesome, and I'm sure a lot of people are going to go for her on this banner. I'm not sure if she becomes the next 180 BST thing, but being a boss that she was, I'd not sweep this off under the table.

Rutger: Lone Swordsman - we might have another valuable GHB unit upcoming, a Gen 3 Infantry sword unit that can powercreep Navarre as a player phase sword thingie. Yes, I expect Rutger to be a player phase unit, to trigger special left and right, and if they want him to be a Lone Swordsman, he could get some Solo skill as well. I'm sure a lot of people would've spent more orbs for this guy, so it's a weird choice to put him in the GHB spotlight. From what we saw on chibi arts, he's holding a Slaying Edge, but there could more than that. It's good to see him coming home either way.

Also, Forging Bonds coming up, giving us 5 chance to summon for free - something I was really hoping for.

Suggested summoning color: Red > Green > Blue > Colorless - you can't go wrong with Idunn I believe, but I'd like to have all the units the same.

Edited by Garlyle

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

I don't understand your statement. Are you saying fe6 fans shouldn't have been upset they got no banner at all for two years? This one banner is hardly any attention -.-

Not even in the slightest.

I'm saying being in minority doesn't mean anything special at the end of the day.