New Heroes Approach : Beyond Darkness (March 7 ~) SPOILERS: DATAMINE

Coolmanio

5 hours ago, Necrofantasia said:

Making Sue green killed my interest in her since I was looking for a BLyn replacement.

^ This. I'm so tired of using B!Lyn and was happy we finally got someone else to take her place. But nope, they made her green. Which also makes her more useless which is an extreme disappointment. Not to mention she freaking color shares with Lugh, right after I just went through color sharing hell on the Valentines banner and got 3x Greil and no Mists :/ Might actually skip this now ugh.

Also extremely disappointed by Rutger as the GHB, literally any other unit on this banner would've been more interesting. Hope he has some usefull skills then at least.

Glad Thea will probably demote though, she's a cute and I wouldn't mind having her, but not enough to summon for her.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, coldhand25 said:

Yaaaay, Rutger is free!! If only I know what weapon and skills he will have...

He has Slaying Edge based on his sprite. He'll be salvageable if he has 34/37 offensive spread or something like that, but I'm getting a bad feeling nonetheless.

Damn, if Idoun just had Bold fighter instead of Vengeful, but I guess a defensive setup makes sense? I am just so tired, all my armors have only vengeful fighter. xD I want a PP armor too.
I think about trying my luck here, barely hit 200 orbs. I like Idoun, but the banner...

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

curious for the GHB unit. 

I'm willing to bet he comes with Wrath, since Rutger is renowned for his ability to reach 100% crit rate, and that GHB units lately have come with desirable 5* exclusive skills

2 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Not even in the slightest.

I'm saying being in minority doesn't mean anything special at the end of the day.

I still don't understand the statement. Who says being in the minority means anything special for FEH? I see most people decrying any and all complaints as 'vocal minority' for everything. All I saw were people who wanted an FE6 banner because it had had no love. There isn't really a majority anything in this game. Even Fates fans don't make up the majority. Maybe waifu fans, but who knows? Everyone just wants their piece of the game and only certain people seem to get that (namely those who are fans of Fates Royals and those who are fans of waifus). The rest just have to hope that their game and characters get noticed at all... and when they do, hope their character might get in. 

I'd be far more happy with this banner if I didn't think it was the only chance of characters like Perceval getting in. Now they've missed it and the banner is pretty lacklustre, what chance have we got of another FE6 banner over something else? Same with Thracia… and maybe others. Especially once Three Houses gets released and they have another newly released game they can ride to death. 

Edit: That being said, in revenue terms, there will likely be games better. But only focussing on a few runs the risk of turning those away who are the 'minority' but there's the chance they're the 'minority' for different games. I mean, how many votes did so many minor characters get altogether? I feel there has to be a way they can release less popular characters and still make money from the popular ones, but they don't ever seem to get the balance right, it seems. Oh well -.- Maybe one day they'll release an influx of less popular characters and then coast on alts of popular ones or something -.- 

Edited by Cute Chao

Personally I'm not a fan of Lugh's art. Didn't like Raigh's either.

People are far too down on his skills, though. He's got a Serpent tome, a Rally Up skill, and a Feint skill, and all of those have been 5* exclusive so far. It might not be the best kit, but it does suit a 5* exclusive character. He's also a gen 3 infantry, which are still quite shiny and new. Only others so far are Roy, Rutger, and the two wolfskins: three melee reds and a melee colorless, so Lugh being a ranged green helps him stand out.

I'm not in too much of a rush to get any of these, but I'd like to get Idunn eventually. Not going for her here, though. Green has over 3x the focus rate of red here (7.67% vs 2.53%), so that's where I'm putting my free summons.

Speaking of the free summons being plural, I did totally call the event structure. Which... was based on the assumption of the spring banner continuing to be the late March banner, so I'm not sure what to make of @Ice Dragon's speculation of it being moved later. If the spring banner will be in early April, I'd think it'd make more sense to have March's Forging Bonds be with the late March banner, rather than back-to-back FBs followed by back-to-back TTs. And I don't think it'll be in late April. Maybe IS just never bothered to check when Easter will be this year?

Its nice Lugh's here but I'm really not a fan of the cartoony artstyle he and most kids from Binding Blade get. It works wonders for Arthur because he's a superhero but it just doesn't fit the orphans, especially not the overly serious Raigh. Though Lugh's art does seem to be of higher quality than Raigh's. Also does Elibe put weird stuff in their drinking water? So far the young boys hailing from that place have very deep voices when getting into Heroes.

So there's a forging bonds coming up for these characters? That be nice. I'm sure Lugh and Sharena would make a great duo.

37 minutes ago, Johann said:

I'm willing to bet he comes with Wrath, since Rutger is renowned for his ability to reach 100% crit rate, and that GHB units lately have come with desirable 5* exclusive skills

As far as I understood he is expected to have Slaying Edge. Perhaps he'll have another skill to reduce CD by one? 

Wrath fodder would be very cool though. 

1 hour ago, redlight said:

He has Slaying Edge based on his sprite. He'll be salvageable if he has 34/37 offensive spread or something like that, but I'm getting a bad feeling nonetheless.

I was thinking, since he is a GHB unit, and those are 4 star at max when you get them, he might have the slaying edge because of this, and actually have a prf weapon at 5 star. It isn't that impossible imho. Well, at least I hope he will have something great. I also think he will have high speed, and Flashing Blade - we already have Jamke with Heavy Blade, so it's not entirely impossible - to make him activate his special more often. It would almost be like how he crits all the time.

34 minutes ago, coldhand25 said:

I was thinking, since he is a GHB unit, and those are 4 star at max when you get them, he might have the slaying edge because of this, and actually have a prf weapon at 5 star. It isn't that impossible imho. Well, at least I hope he will have something great. I also think he will have high speed, and Flashing Blade - we already have Jamke with Heavy Blade, so it's not entirely impossible - to make him activate his special more often. It would almost be like how he crits all the time.

I doubt it. Those sprites are the ones they'll be posted with on the website, and my impression is that they'd always include prfs there, even for GHB units.

Also, he's one of the most popular FE6 units here (alongside Idunn) and will have gen 3 infantry stats. That seems like plenty for a free unit already.

5 hours ago, Xenomata said:

So.... speaking as someone who's never played Binding Blade beyond two or three chapters and never familiarized myself with Binding Blade characters, is it bad I thought Lugh was a Raigh Alt?

They're twins, they're supposed to look the same. Although in FE6, there is a clear difference regarding their facial expressions:

LughRay

One brother is sweet, the other tries on the surface to be intimidating and uncaring.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

They're twins, they're supposed to look the same. Although in FE6, there is a clear difference regarding their facial expressions:

LughRay

One brother is sweet, the other tries on the surface to be intimidating and uncaring.

I suppose this is still present to some extend. Lugh's art is shown smiling friendly while Raigh has an even bigger smirk than in his FE6 sprite.

Darn, no Niime. I must admit this banner isn't doing it for me, chaps. Idunn looks great in all senses of the word and I like Sue's art as well, but I believe I'll skip this; maybe the beast banners spoiled me. 

Speaking of, I'm in that awkward position where I have not enough orbs to summon with confidence but at the same time there'll probably be a month before the next interesting banner. Don't know what to do with my 160 orbs. 

1 minute ago, Thane said:

Darn, no Niime. I must admit this banner isn't doing it for me, chaps. Idunn looks great in all senses of the word and I like Sue's art as well, but I believe I'll skip this; maybe the beast banners spoiled me. 

Speaking of, I'm in that awkward position where I have not enough orbs to summon with confidence but at the same time there'll probably be a month before the next interesting banner. Don't know what to do with my 160 orbs. 

You'll probably have closer to 300 by the time the banner finishes, right?

But having a stockpile just in case is also nice.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

You'll probably have closer to 300 by the time the banner finishes, right?

But having a stockpile just in case is also nice.

Indeed. I had a bit over 400 and had some luck on both the Fates beast banner and in getting Loy (although no DC fodder). I wonder if I should just be happy with that or try to get a good merge, which I rarely go for, but since March is set up to be a recovery period... 

Okay, this has nothing to do with the topic at hand, so I'll cram in that I'm hoping Rutger will have as good skills as Panne. Too bad he probably won't have Res Smoke. 

I believe Seth is one of the best, if not the best, user of Rally Up Res+. Seth has Spd Tactic on his weapon, then he can have Atk Tactic on his C-Slot, Def Tactic on the Seal Slot, and Rally Up Res+ on the Assist Slot, for the Atk/Spd/Def/Res+6 to all allies.

Never played this one so I don't have much fan interest here. But Sue looks and sounds nice. . . but a green bow I do not need nor want. A blue or red bow maybe. She probably won't outdo Brave Lyn's stat line by any real margin so I can see making her colored for the reason of avoiding overlap. But green was by far the worst color to branch into in my opinion. Still I like her art so green will probably be my free pull. Idunn is gorgeous but I have a Spooky Monster filling my red armored dragon needs. Her breath is interesting, but obviously not inheritable.

Not looking forward to having to deal with Idoun. I require a dragon slaying lance asap!

Overall the banner looks pretty lackluster, the character don't particullary interest me so beyond the tickets I doubt I'll put much orbs in this.

Edited by Opdepov

My lack of interest for FE6 aside, this is an easy skip for a lot of people due to several reasons. For me personally, I just don't have any orbs left, the last banners were all pretty demanding in orbs by offering a variety of useful skills and fan-favorites, making me way more hesitant on summoning for anything non-essential atm. Comparatively, this banner also offers very little besides fanservice for the FE6 crowd.

Lugh's premium skills aren't the ones most people would strive for (Rally Up Att/Spd being more desireable than Res I'd say, except if you just want the same score; Serpenttomes are kinda useless to me and feel more like a gimmick. Feint is whatever and cumbersome; not useless, but not great). I like Sue, but another coloured bow is an instant skip, even with a well scoring C-skill (going for those lvl 4 skills is really tedious, btw). Get the Short Bow if you need it, but I find it hard to care for a 5* locked Bow Dao. Thea... is one of the most obvious demotes ever. Idunn, the other character I like from the banner (I'm surprised that there is more than one I care for with a FE6 banner, since I really don't like the game all that much) is gorgeous, sure, but another bad dragon-armor unit for AR, and just another H!Myrrh for Arena; easy to kite without DC, hard to merge up, doesn't change a whole lot in my approach on how to defeat armors/dragons. It just causes me to shrug, and since I don't have any team requiring her presence, the entire banner becomes very lackluster and skippable.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was calculated by IS to have a reason to say "Well, people don't summon for these lesser known FE6 characters or even the popular ones like Idunn, so it's back to Fates alts. We tried, guys, but you just didn't care.", while they deliberately just made it quite bland. I will say this, I appreciate the characters (5 new ones, very nice) and it would be even nicer if IS just offered us these less impactful banners every once in a while, just to add characters, throw the fans some bones, and not caring about maximum profit all the time, but that won't be the case, obviously. Probably just an appeaser for what is to come after the banner, with more Camillas, Lyns and what not.

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Silas comes with Slaying Spear and is a 4-star pull.

Pretty sure that's not what he meant. He meant a Lance that is effective against dragons.

7 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Pretty sure that's not what he meant. He meant a Lance that is effective against dragons.

He specifically mentioned dealing with Idunn. Whether the weapon is effective against armor or effective against dragons makes no difference against Idunn (except for potentially rare variants running Svalinn Shield). My point was that it's unnecessary to have a dragon-effective weapon when an armor-effective weapon does exactly the same thing in this case.

12 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Agreed, the reception seems quite weak. Although having another "strong" character in Melady or Dieck or Echidna or Perceval (or Igrene), as opposed to a shota, tribe girl, a brainwashed girl, and a typical Pegasus Knight, plus the edgy Rutger, might have made things better. This is a soft drink in need of some hard liquor.

On the bright side, this clears room for a more appealing followup FE6 banner.

Pretty much this. My dream/nightmare due to orb lack banner would've been Perceval, Igrene, Echidna, Guinevere, Murdock GHB.

Anyway, this banner isn't for me, but I'm actually pretty happy about it. FE6 got some popular characters with some nice skills. I'm actually a bit happy not everyone has overly optimized kits so SI is starting to feel like it has a point again. They really do need to drop Swift Sparrow into the 4* pool though and fucking deal with the overall lack of skill availability, but why would they do that?

I get Rutger being the GHB, but it still feels like a bit of a disservice given his popularity. Thea was a nice surprise and I'll be hoping she shows up sometime soon (fuck you, Sothe). Idunn looks fantastic even if she isn't my favorite unit type. I like that Lugh shares an art style with his bro and has some nice skills, though again, why the deep voices? And Sue looks great, even if colored bows are still in a weird spot. I certainly won't complain about getting any of them, but none are priorities.

Also, actually inheritable weapons! :D

Also, also, holy crap Gustav is an axe cav! That's a freaking dream come true.