Forging Bonds: Reason to Fight

19 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

These Forging Bonds stories are getting better and better. They're really finding their stride.

Sue's conversations are especially hilarious with her questioning how certain heroes get summoned (feels like a pseudo fourth-wall break).

19 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, and then it gets super depressing for Sue after the realization that Dayan was second to last (only ahead of Wade) in CYL3 among the FE6 characters still waiting to get in.

Dayan has no place in Waifu Emblem.  You're lucky to get one shota versus three girls.  Sadly those of us who want the daddies are sorely lacking.  I'm hoping we get Daddy Gustav sooner rather than later.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Dayan has no place in Waifu Emblem.  You're lucky to get one shota versus three girls.  Sadly those of us who want the daddies are sorely lacking.  I'm hoping we get Daddy Gustav sooner rather than later.

Gustav just keeps getting better. First it was like oh damn, he's awesome. Then he was an axe cav with a sweet weapon. Then, that fucking combat art. If he's the mythic this month by some chance, I may spend money.

14 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It’s OK, Gustav is a Heroes OC so he’s guaranteed to show up on a banner eventually much to my great dismay.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

It’s OK, Gustav is a Heroes OC so he’s guaranteed to show up on a banner eventually much to my great dismay.

We still haven't gotten Bruno.

10 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Well to be needlessly anal about it, the key word there was "eventually". Besides with my luck in play, he'll probably eat up a spot on Farfetched Redux 3 if they were willing to use Loki on the last one when her role in the story clearly isn't over supposedly, given she and Veronica are still nowhere to be found five chapters into Book III.

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Gustav is a needed axe cav too.

Also, I'm glad Sue is green as well, she's another needed green cav, even if she doesn't actually have an axe.

I'm conflicted.  I don't like them making bows not gray, but I also need more Green Cavs for my horse teams.

Have we gotten a Red Bow yet?  I know we've gotten a few Blues and Greens.

10 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Well to be needlessly anal about it, the key word there was "eventually". Besides with my luck in play, he'll probably eat up a spot on Farfetched Redux 3 if they were willing to use Loki on the last one when her role in the story clearly isn't over supposedly, given she and Veronica are still nowhere to be found five chapters into Book III.

Wasn't Loki in that cutscene where Sharena "died"?

Crap. Ever since we started paying Thea as a mercenary, all the other Heroes have been lining up with their hands out asking for similar compensation. Way to go, Anna, you've doomed our coffers.

In before that's the actual resolution of her story. I'm only on C.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Wasn't Loki in that cutscene where Sharena "died"?

I'm pretty sure she and Veronica were in the Book III trailer yes, but they still have yet to appear in the actual story of Book III and (if it's 13 chapters long like the first two) we're already about a third of the way through.

5 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Crap. Ever since we started paying Thea as a mercenary, all the other Heroes have been lining up with their hands out asking for similar compensation. Way to go, Anna, you've doomed our coffers.

In before that's the actual resolution of her story. I'm only on C.

It's odd that the units are never indignant about being pulled from their homeworlds against their will, when they all have world threatening crises to deal with there.

43 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Who knows what their plans are for Bruno (and regular Veronica for that matter) but I imagine there will be a Book 3 banner as there was for Book 2. And for all we know, Gustav may possibly end up a Legendary Hero since 3 of the Nifl siblings did.

16 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Have we gotten a Red Bow yet?  I know we've gotten a few Blues and Greens.

Nope, which confuses me. And they could've at least done red bow Alm as a legendary or something.

2 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Who knows what their plans are for Bruno (and regular Veronica for that matter) but I imagine there will be a Book 3 banner as there was for Book 2. And for all we know, Gustav may possibly end up a Legendary Hero since 3 of the Nifl siblings did.

I hope they do that soon (like with Gunnthra), rather than waiting until the end of the book (like with Hrid).

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Nope, which confuses me. And they could've at least done red bow Alm as a legendary or something.

Maybe he's next, although Red is already pretty saturated for Legendary Heroes, and Gray is pretty barren.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Maybe he's next, although Red is already pretty saturated for Legendary Heroes, and Gray is pretty barren.

Yeah. If we don't get red bow Alm though, I hope for red bow Shinon instead. Not as a legendary, of course. Just for when we get more Greil Mercs.

Edited by Anacybele

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It's odd that the units are never indignant about being pulled from their homeworlds against their will, when they all have world threatening crises to deal with there.

My head canon is that these units are the ones whose existence is snuffed out whenever serious players reset after a death. Though I'll admit this comes into conflict with the Echoes cast, since in that game there's no need to reset when you have the turnwheel.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I'm hoping we get Daddy Gustav sooner rather than later.

1 hour ago, bottlegnomes said:

Gustav just keeps getting better. First it was like oh damn, he's awesome. Then he was an axe cav with a sweet weapon. Then, that fucking combat art. If he's the mythic this month by some chance, I may spend money.

Living Gustav, certainly.
No to the undead Gustav.

24 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Living Gustav, certainly.
No to the undead Gustav.

Even if he is, we can just have Quan lend him some saturation to bring him back :P

But yeah, I need Dadstav, not that sadsack.

Edited by bottlegnomes

8 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

I'm pretty sure she and Veronica were in the Book III trailer yes, but they still have yet to appear in the actual story of Book III and (if it's 13 chapters long like the first two) we're already about a third of the way through.

Didn't Loki and Veronica appear in one of the first two chapters of book three? I recall Veronica asking Loki if she was the one who had broken the seal of the reign of the dead and Loki answering: "Me? Why would I ever do something like that?"

I'm satisfied with the event conversations so far even if I haven't unlocked all of them yet. The forging bonds with Fates' shapeshifters was a bit boring, so I was afraid the quality would drop again, but thankfully that's not the case!

Not too far in, but after Thea and Lugh's conversation on Pegasus riding, I have to wonder what will happen when Thea meets Subaki. Will she think he is actually a girl? Will we get to see her trying to undress him to prove it? Would Hana and Sakura have to drag her off him? Maybe I watch too much anime?

Edited by Usana

19 minutes ago, Usana said:

Not too far in, but after Thea and Lugh's conversation on Pegasus riding, I have to wonder what will happen when Thea meets Subaki. Will she think he is actually a girl? Will we get to see her trying to undress him to prove it? Would Hana and Sakura have to drag her off him? Maybe I watch too much anime?

Not saying I don't want to see that happen, in fact I kinda do now, but yeah that seems a little over the top even for FE standards, where FemRobin chucks figs at Lon'qu and Hector dreams of a future where Lilina and Roy marry and Eliwood pays the price.

38 minutes ago, Usana said:

Actually this exact situation happened with Soleil and Forrest in the Japanese version of Fates. She chases after him because she believes he is a girl and when he insists otherwise she tries to force him to strip in order "prove" it. The entire support is basically just a long chain of Soleil trying to molest Forrest, played for laughs.

This was understandably changed in the localization. 

Edited by Nanima

16 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Actually this exact situation happened with Soleil and Forrest in the Japanese version of Fates. She chases after him because she believes he is a girl and when he insists otherwise she tries to force him to strip in order "prove" it. The entire support is basically just a long chain of Soleil trying to molest Forrest, played for laughs.

This was understandably changed in the localization. 

And yet the Ophelia one wasn't despite that one probably being worse. Oh well, at least they changed two problematic Soleil supports. 

Neither Bruno nor Gustav should be playable

Anyway, first FB when I maxed a character on day one, being Idunn~ I wasn't even trying to, she just kept wanting to talk. Meanwhile Lugh was nowhere to be seen most of the day, but showed up a lot towards the end. Got him maxed a little while ago. Taking advantage of those 2X multipliers surely makes a difference but I'll slow down a bit so I don't forget about those daily Orbs~