Forging Bonds: Reason to Fight

6 hours ago, Yukiko said:

Didn't Loki and Veronica appear in one of the first two chapters of book three? I recall Veronica asking Loki if she was the one who had broken the seal of the reign of the dead and Loki answering: "Me? Why would I ever do something like that?"

Yeah, after checking they did actually show up after the first map of Chapter 2 so oops on my part. 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

And yet the Ophelia one wasn't despite that one probably being worse. Oh well, at least they changed two problematic Soleil supports. 

Yeah, Soleil still has a lot of her old baggage, as well as some newly added, in the localization. There's a reason she is one of my least liked characters. I am glad there was no Forging Bonds when she got added. 

Speaking of, one thing that would make me enjoy the new FB style even more, is if it included some older characters as well. Small references are nice, but it would have been even better to see things like Lugh interacting with Raigh for a bit. It would help the older units get more screentime.

Edited by Nanima

7 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Yeah, Soleil still has a lot of her old baggage, as well as some newly added, in the localization. There's a reason she is one of my least liked characters. I am glad there was no Forging Bonds when she got added. 

Speaking of, one thing that would make me enjoy the new FB style even more, is if it included some older characters as well. Small references are nice, but it would have been even better to see things like Lugh interacting with Raigh for a bit. It would help the older units get more screentime.

Yeah I thought so too. Aside from Sue all new characters had loved one previously added in the game and Roy was available for Sue to ensure they all had conversation partners. 

Lugh and Raigh

Idunn with Zephiel

Thea with Shanna

And Sue with Roy. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

42 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Thea with Shanna

And Klein, she starts as his subordinate in their joining chapter. They also profess love in their A Support, albeit without getting a Paired Ending, which only Roy has in FE6.

With Thea and Lugh in, I wish they'd continue the family reunification project: Juno and cousin Hugh. Which in turn would draw in hubbie Zelot and great-great aunt Niime. -But that isn't happening obviously. I know better than that. Niime is incredible though, old women with a little investment Nostank very well.

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

Neither Bruno nor Gustav should be playable

Or just retcon it they are incarnations of Michalis and Chrom, with Alphonse- Marth, Sharena- Lilina, Veronica- Julius and Maria, Surtr- Duma and Valter, Loki- Camilla and Sonia, and so forth. Eventually, everyone through mass summoning of everyone who were of their past lives, reawakens the memories of all those many past lives, unlocking everyone's true powers for a truly epic final battle.

48 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Yeah, they need to address this. I was thinking they could grant Seasonal FBs and have some serious developmental interactions beneath a layer of hot water/bunny fur/sunscreen/candy/garland. It'd give a hint more meaning to alts.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yeah, they need to address this. I was thinking they could grant Seasonal FBs and have some serious developmental interactions beneath a layer of hot water/bunny fur/sunscreen/candy/garland. It'd give a hint more meaning to alts.

Every character in Heroes are basically, in theory, part of the Order of Heroes, actually. So by all accounts, Raigh is already part of the ORder of Heroes, so Lugh SHOULD have seen him.

45 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Every character in Heroes are basically, in theory, part of the Order of Heroes, actually. So by all accounts, Raigh is already part of the ORder of Heroes, so Lugh SHOULD have seen him.

And Raigh is even one of the units already included in the starting roster so he's definitely a member of the order no matter what. 

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Idunn with Zephiel

This doesn't even have an excuse. If Leanne had talked to Narcian, a F2P unit due to being a GHB unit, absolutely no reason should Zephiel not be referenced in an interaction when he's also a GHB unit.

4 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

This doesn't even have an excuse. If Leanne had talked to Narcian, a F2P unit due to being a GHB unit, absolutely no reason should Zephiel not be referenced in an interaction when he's also a GHB unit.

They want to keep her away from bad influences.

This FB has certainly been a downgrade from the RD one. This is like the golden opportunity for characters from different games or even from their own game interact with each other (with older units) and the developers are just making this very half-assed, if it can be called that. 

No Idunn interaction with Zephiel makes me a bit sad. Out of all the characters Idunn interacted with in FE6, Zephiel was the one she interacted with the most followed by Fae. “Bad influence “ my foot. 

No Raigh interacting with Lugh. No Nino references either. Such a wasted opportunity. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

35 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

This FB has certainly been a downgrade from the RD one.

Okay, I am on the same page with wanting more interactions, but I don't get this comment. RD also didn't have any of the units in question interact with older ones (aside from that vague referance to Narcian). It's true that the Laguz didn't really have any close relatives among the older units they could have talked to, but Nailah talking to Micaiah or Reyson to Ike would have made sense. 

Still, they didn't, just like the Binding Blade crew. Therefore it's not a downgrade, just more of the same. I'd like for them to expand the FB event in the future, but I am glad we have permanently moved on from mindless summoner worship at least. 

On 08.03.2019 at 9:31 PM, Diovani Bressan said:

We need to be able to forge accessories, or have some quests with the rerun of these accessories, and if the player already have it, a 300 feather will be the reward instead, just like the repeated seals.

So, um, they are finally starting to rerun accessories via tap battle. Very slowly. The newest edition has the base versions of the Ylissean Travellers accessories (Sumia’s flower, Maribelle’s ribbon, Olivia’s mask, and Libra’s mitre) and the spring bunny hat.

Is this a sign of things to come?

6 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

So, um, they are finally starting to rerun accessories via tap battle. Very slowly. The newest edition has the base versions of the Ylissean Travellers accessories (Sumia’s flower, Maribelle’s ribbon, Olivia’s mask, and Libra’s mitre) and the spring bunny hat.

Is this a sign of things to come?

Yes... it's a sign... that Tap Battle will probably be where we willl get the rerun of the accessories. Maybe Tap Battle will not have new accessories for now... only reruns. Will the next Tap Battle have the EX Ylissian accessories, or will have the Brave Heroes accessories? Who knows...

4 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yes... it's a sign... that Tap Battle will probably be where we willl get the rerun of the accessories. Maybe Tap Battle will not have new accessories for now... only reruns. Will the next Tap Battle have the EX Ylissian accessories, or will have the Brave Heroes accessories? Who knows...

I only wish that the rerun accessories didn’t replace the orbs but were put in along with them holy Naga how is that so difficult damn it Intsys why do you keep taking away stop already geez

Edited by Vaximillian

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

I only wish that the rerun accessories didn’t replace the orbs but were put in along with them holy Naga how is that so difficult damn it Intsys why do you keep taking away stop already geez

Right know we don't get any Tab Battle quests with Orbs was reward yet, none of the 8 current stages have orbs as reward, which in the previous Tab Battle, the reward for Floor 1-5 was 1 Orb, which is a downgrade of January's Tab Battle, which had 9 stages with 1 orb as reward.

Unless we get all the missing orbs in the Tap Battle quests the the day we get the Floors 81-100 stages, this will be the worst Tab Battle, which already is one of teh worst modes in FEH.

IntSys reduced the amount orbs in monthly quests, in Forging Bonds, and in Tap Battles... I wouldn't be surprised if we get less orbs in the next Tempest Trials too, in trade of Aether Raids or Heroic Grails.

10 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Right know we don't get any Tab Battle quests with Orbs was reward yet, none of the 8 current stages have orbs as reward, which in the previous Tab Battle, the reward for Floor 1-5 was 1 Orb, which is a downgrade of January's Tab Battle, which had 9 stages with 1 orb as reward.

Unless we get all the missing orbs in the Tap Battle quests the the day we get the Floors 81-100 stages, this will be the worst Tab Battle, which already is one of teh worst modes in FEH.

IntSys reduced the amount orbs in monthly quests, in Forging Bonds, and in Tap Battles... I wouldn't be surprised if we get less orbs in the next Tempest Trials too, in trade of Aether Raids or Heroic Grails.

And they claim they don't want us to spend money on these gacha games. And they pull this shit.

How are we this far into accessories but don't have a single sunglasses accessory yet?  We don't need 30 different hairpins.

7 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Right after the interview when Nintendo said they didn't want to appear to be greedy, too.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Right after the interview when Nintendo said they didn't want to appear to be greedy, too.

My hope is that, since the bad things that are happening now were already planned to happen, maybe this situation changes in the future, like in a couple of months. Just like how making new Heroes take months between the start to the release.

Of course I didn't expected that the things would change the day after the Nintendo interview, but the reduction of orbs couldn't have appeared in a worst moment. Just like when IntSys announced that we would receive Radiant Dawn and Binding Blade banners in the future, and then the next banner after this notification was the Adrift Banner, full of Fates alts.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

My hope is that, since the bad things that are happening now were already planned to happen, maybe this situation changes in the future, like in a couple of months. Just like how making new Heroes take months between the start to the release.

Of course I didn't expected that the things would change the day after the Nintendo interview, but the reduction of orbs couldn't have appeared in a worst moment. Just like when IntSys announced that we would receive Radiant Dawn and Binding Blade banners in the future, and then the next banner after this notification was the Adrift Banner, full of Fates alts.

Changing the reward from 50 Badges to an Orb shouldn't be that hard to program, if Nintendo went out of their way to condemn this behavior.

17 hours ago, Nanima said:

Okay, I am on the same page with wanting more interactions, but I don't get this comment. RD also didn't have any of the units in question interact with older ones (aside from that vague referance to Narcian). It's true that the Laguz didn't really have any close relatives among the older units they could have talked to, but Nailah talking to Micaiah or Reyson to Ike would have made sense. 

Still, they didn't, just like the Binding Blade crew. Therefore it's not a downgrade, just more of the same. I'd like for them to expand the FB event in the future, but I am glad we have permanently moved on from mindless summoner worship at least. 

I guess I should’ve rephrased it a bit. That little reference was a step in the right direction. This FB having none of that felt like a downgrade to me. These developers are really underusing their large cast of characters. 

4 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Sue's story has me really wondering if Dayan might actually make it into Heroes someday. I feel just as lost when I wonder about new characters being added...like Marcus

Dayan himself wouldn't be someone I'd be super hyped about, but I would freaking love the precedent he'd set.

Maxed out Lugh and I almost have Thea maxed out as well.

I actually don't mind four of the orbs here being replaced with Grails. Grails are hard enough to get right now and four orbs isn't really much at all. The Grails gave me more incentive to max out the characters for once rather than just going for the EX accessories.

I don't mind FB not having the 4 orbs since we get 4 free pulls in the form of tickets and 40 grails which are so annoying to get.  If they want to replace some rewards with those items I am fine with that, but just taking away orb rewards without a decent replacement is bad.  

As to this FB I enjoyed it a lot.  Lugh and Idunn were my favs even though I would have like them to interact with Zephiel and Raigh.